The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Prices in Russia

Arugaf
Arugaf
✭✭
C'mon Zos, seriously? Almost 1k rubles p/m for subscription? And 4k/6k for standart/imperial edition??? I can buy 3-5 big new games on steam for 6k and 1 (with some additional cash) every month.

ZtyCbnI.png

Yeah, I know that ruble fell against dollar over the last year but even Ubisoft didn't increase prices twice for their games!

I don't think that there is so many russian players and lower prices for subscription and game compared to the rest of the world will greatly reduce your profits. Furthermore I doubt that such a huge price (teso is most expensive pc-game with most expensive subscription now) will attract potential buyers to buy the game. Also some regular subscribers just no longer will pay for subscription.

I understand why you increased prices but you shouldn't have to increase it twice.
  • Shehriazad
    Shehriazad
    ✭✭
    This might have been an oversight by ZOS. Best to also send a support ticket, imo? That price seems rather wrong. I mean...65K Russian Rubel is like almost 1000€...that has got to be some kind of mistake. xD

And 100€ per month...damn...that must be a good game, haha. :open_mouth:

Edit: So it's actually only 1K Rubels and not the 7K that you show off in that picture there? That's still cheaper than in some other countries. I think in Canada you pay like 18$ now with the change...I don't see the problem.
    Edited by Shehriazad on March 16, 2015 10:52PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on today's exchange rate of Rubles to US dollars, that looks like it's very similar to the US dollar price (google says 979 Rubles = 15.695 US dollars today). You really can't blame ZOS for the insane inflation Russia has had recently...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shehriazad wrote: »
    This might have been an oversight by ZOS. Best to also send a support ticket, imo? That price seems rather wrong. I mean...65K Russian Rubel is like almost 1000€...that has got to be some kind of mistake. xD

It's not "py64974", it's "pyb 4974" - russian letter "b" looks similar to "6". pyb = rubel
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The simple solution is to just not sell the game for Russian currency.
  • Arugaf
    Arugaf
    ✭✭
    Shehriazad wrote: »

It is russian letter "б" actually :smiley: .
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Based on today's exchange rate of Rubles to US dollars, that looks like it's very similar to the US dollar price (google says 979 Rubles = 15.695 US dollars today). You really can't blame ZOS for the insane inflation Russia has had recently...

Yes. But I'm pretty sure that they are interested to increase number of players in each region of the world. And in stable income from each one.
    The simple solution is to just not sell the game for Russian currency.

Well if prices were in dollar since the start then I would not be created this topic.
    Edited by Arugaf on March 16, 2015 11:07PM
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I assume they have to keep the prices high as else most people would just buy crowns and plus membership in Russian currency. This btw. is the same with Blizzard and other MMOs I know. As for Steam, the reason why they factor in the inflation is because of the way how keys work there.

Those not Russians cant use the keys, as they are bound to Russian territory. If someone fakes his ID he can be banned and lose his whole account, seen it happen a few times to "smart" ones who tried to cheat the system :D
    Edited by Audigy on March 16, 2015 11:06PM
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the conversion is equal to US prices in to rubles to dollars...but OP wants a US company to offer their product cheaper to him than offered to US customers...because it might get more customers in that region? Is that right?

That would be kinda messed up if they did that tbh, like everyone that paid full amount would be giving food stamps to players in countries with poor currency value. Its a game designed to take us away from that real life stuff.
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Arugaf
    Arugaf
    ✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »
    I assume they have to keep the prices high as else most people would just buy crowns and plus membership in Russian currency. This btw. is the same with Blizzard and other MMOs I know. As for Steam they can only factor the inflation in as Russian keys wont work outside of Russian territory.

It is normal to have separate pricing policy in each region for a large well-known company.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arugaf wrote: »
    Yes. But I'm pretty sure that they are interested to increase number of players in each region of the world. And in stable income from each one.
    Sure, but a stable income in an unstable currency...

Actually, I kind of agree with the comment above that they probably shouldn't offer it in Rubles at all. Having it for sale in US dollars to Russians probably makes more sense.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Arugaf
    Arugaf
    ✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Sure, but a stable income in an unstable currency...

You know... I pre-ordered imperial edition and bought it again on Steam. I've paid for 11 month of sub and Zos just spat at my and many others faces who lives in Russia.

Obviously they just don't want my money.
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C'mon Zos, seriously? Almost 1k rubles p/m for subscription? And 4k/6k for standart/imperial edition??? I can buy 3-5 big new games on steam for 6k and 1 (with some additional cash) every month.

ZtyCbnI.png

Yeah, I know that ruble fell against dollar over the last year but even Ubisoft didn't increase prices twice for their games!

I don't think that there is so many russian players and lower prices for subscription and game compared to the rest of the world will greatly reduce your profits. Furthermore I doubt that such a huge price (teso is most expensive pc-game with most expensive subscription now) will attract potential buyers to buy the game. Also some regular subscribers just no longer will pay for subscription.

I understand why you increased prices but you shouldn't have to increase it twice.

I will back you up on your concern...if you are Aldmeri Dominion.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's really joke. 1000 Rub for 1 month.....ZOS 90% of Russian players will not pay such money
    AS example premium(all bonuses exp/loot/drop are x2) for Lineage 2 (RU_Official) or aion and etc.
    aznxnpll.jpg

@ZOS_GInaBruno or any menedger can confirm that price for Ru Region will be ~15$.

P.S.As for me 1000 Rub for 1 month too high.
    Not really.....steam version in Ru region--->
    u97SRLRl.jpg

Digital Imperial 3499 ~57-60$(steam)
    Digital Imperial 5 999 ~100$ (official)

I can understand that the game should be equal in prices for all.....but not all have the equal salary in different countries.That's why developers and advertising Managers differentiate prices for countries.....but ZOS not
    Edited by Exstazik on March 17, 2015 12:10AM
  • Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Before Unlimited(today) sub cost 499, now 1000...
    No one gonna pay such price in Russia for some bonuses...
    Edited by Rydik on March 17, 2015 1:43AM
  • Naor_Sarethi
    Naor_Sarethi
    ✭✭✭
    1k rubles is 15€. I don't see what you are complaining about. If that money gets you a russian megaserver it's money well spent.
  • Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Roechacca wrote: »
    WhiskyBob wrote: »
    Serves you right!
    There
    I've said it.

Easy Tiger ... I'm tryin to get Vlad to roll DC instead of neighboring areas . This could stunt negotiations ...

Watch less tv)
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So that's where he was the past ten days...
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »
    I assume they have to keep the prices high as else most people would just buy crowns and plus membership in Russian currency. This btw. is the same with Blizzard and other MMOs I know. As for Steam they can only factor the inflation in as Russian keys wont work outside of Russian territory.

It is normal to have separate pricing policy in each region for a large well-known company.

Yes, but they must lock out non Russian citizens from the shop first. It would be bad for a company like ZOS if they let people all around the world buy crowns worth 15 bucks for just 2-3 ;)

I would assume they will find a way some day, but it will take a while to lock players into regions I guess.
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's only one logical choice.

ZOS must fix the Russian economy.

Okay ZOS, it's all on you now.

Don't blow it.
    Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Majic wrote: »

Don't blow it.

4290184-speechless-stickguy-meme.gif
  • LordSkyKnight
    LordSkyKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't blame ZOS, blame Putin.
    "And it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days. The fact that the word "monetized" exists points to the heart of the issue for us: We don't want the player to worry about which parts of the game to pay for - with our system, they get it all."
    - Matt Firor
  • Dazin93
    Dazin93
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't blame ZOS, blame Putin.

Or blame the U.S. for imposing sanctions and meddling in affairs that are none of their concern.
  • danovic
    danovic
    ✭✭✭
    купить игру и играть бесплатно сейчас вам не нужно месячную подписку.
  • Aektann
    Aektann
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not about how high the price for Russia , the point is how it is higher than the price from direct competitors. ZOS just buried the game in our region.
  • Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    danovic wrote: »

Подожди пока Длс с такой ценой выйдут)
    Плюс базовая цена 4-6к ("вынуждены" брать за 6к ибо только так будет доступ к самой сильной на данный момент расе), перебор все таки...
    Edited by Rydik on March 17, 2015 4:18AM
  • Aektann
    Aektann
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rydik wrote: »

Плюс базовая цена 4-6к ("вынуждены" брать за 6к ибо только так будет доступ к самой сильной на данный момент расе), перебор все таки...

Please write in english!

P.s. прекратите писать на русском на оф форуме, вы не знаете чем это чревато? Не позорьте всех русских пожалуйста, не будьте быдлом.
    Edited by Aektann on March 17, 2015 4:29AM
  • Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rydik wrote: »

Please write in english!

P.s. прекратите писать на русском на офф форуме, вы не знаете чем это чревато? Не позорьте всех русских пожалуйста, не будьте быдлом.

Ничего негативного и неадыкватного пока никто не писал, на мой взгляд если что и позорит то только ваша реакция, ну да ладно...
    It's not about how high the price for Russia , the point is how it is higher than the price from direct competitors. ZOS just buried the game in our region.

About this completly agree.
    Edited by Rydik on March 17, 2015 4:36AM
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Это интересно помощью Google Translate.

Приветствия к моим друзьям в России. :D
    Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
  • Barta057
    Barta057
    ✭✭✭
    I pay about 18 Canadian Dollars a month and I don't complain. If you can't afford it, then you don't deserve to play. Simple as that. It's a privilege not a right, just be happy you've got the chance?
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Majic wrote: »

Don't blow it.
    Like they did Cyrodiil? Might as well throw in the towel before ZOS does Russia.
  • Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Barta057 wrote: »
    I pay about 18 Canadian Dollars a month and I don't complain. If you can't afford it, then you don't deserve to play. Simple as that. It's a privilege not a right, just be happy you've got the chance?

Interesting position... I wonder how it will change if one day without any info price change to 36...
    Edited by Rydik on March 17, 2015 4:41AM
This discussion has been closed.