Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Prices in Russia

• doggie
    doggie
    ✭✭✭
    Arugaf wrote: »
    lapsolio wrote: »
    i think it is mostly the same in Russia, the most ppl QQing here imo are students and working starters

Average salary is ~30k rubles. $500.

Realize that economic situation inside the country is determined not only by exchange rate.

So that's about 5 hours of work to pay for a monthly sub, if you get paid less like 20k, then it's an entire day of work. That's pretty steep.

Options
  • Fecius
    Fecius
    ✭✭✭
    doggie wrote: »
    KiriX wrote: »
    I thought I still will pay subscription but with new price it's just stupid. And I don't think that $15 and 1000₽ is really equal in USA/Europe and Russia.
    If were not b2p, it would make me leave game. Sad...
    And I know that most of russian community agree with me.

How many hours do you have to work for the monthly sub in Russia?

For me I have to work about 30 mins to make the 12 dollar for a month sub, I work as a IT consultant. I guess it would be about the same in the US if you have decent job. Maybe 2 hours if you work at Mcdonalds in the US.

Well. In average it's 5 - 5.75 hours for monthly sub.

In Moscow Mcdonalds it's 8.66 hours.

Feel the difference.
    Edited by Fecius on March 17, 2015 9:23AM
    - Looking for Progress PvE Guild!
    - Ex Ætherius Eight / Ætherius Raid PC EU
    - World First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (1.5.8 at January 21, 2015)

- PvE Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer
    - YouTube

- Under sun and sky Outlander, we greet you warmly!
    - Под этим Солнцем и небом мы тепло приветствуем тебя!
    Options
  • A1exeR
    A1exeR
    ✭✭✭
    i think it is mostly the same in Russia, the most ppl QQing here imo are students and working starters

Realize that economic situation inside the country is determined not only by exchange rate.

o rly ? as a Russian i dont see average salary 30k rubles, i see such salary is beeing paid to youngsters, for an expirienced worker average salary is 50+

Are you blind? Maybe you live in Moscow?
    In the small town where I used to live average salary 15000. My father and mother also live there now and get even less.
    Options
  • lapsolio
    lapsolio
    Soul Shriven
    A1exeR wrote: »

o rly ? as a Russian i dont see average salary 30k rubles, i see such salary is beeing paid to youngsters, for an expirienced worker average salary is 50+

Are you blind? Maybe you live in Moscow?
    In the small town where I used to live average salary 15000. My father and mother also live there now and get even less.

No im not from Moscow, average salary for non-qualified workers is 15k ok, but for qualified it is a normal number.
    Options
  • Dayer
    Dayer
    Soul Shriven
    This is not funny...With current prices the people of the provinces have to give half of his salary for the game

Sorry, my english is bad.
    Edited by Dayer on March 17, 2015 9:36AM
    Options
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soon russians feel so opressed by "fascist" ZOS so they gonna ask Putin for help. Cyrodiil somehow gonna turn out historical russian territory and it will be added to Russia. Putin will be crowned emperor!

All three faction will be helpless when separatists use their tanks and GRADs(seized from Imperial garrisons) and don't be surprised sorcs that you gonna get shot down by BUK while streaking away!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
    Options
  • A1exeR
    A1exeR
    ✭✭✭
    Lettigall wrote: »
    Soon russians feel so opressed by "fascist" ZOS so they gonna ask Putin for help. Cyrodiil somehow gonna turn out historical russian territory and it will be added to Russia. Putin will be crowned emperor!

All three faction will be helpless when separatists use their tanks and GRADs(seized from Imperial garrisons) and don't be surprised sorcs that you gonna get shot down by BUK while streaking away!

Do not be ridiculous.
    ZOS changed regional prices for Russia when other countries left unchanged.
    Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before this topic I was going to keep sub, but I think I'll drop it now. New price is too high for this game.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
    Options
  • teh_beard
    teh_beard
    Soul Shriven
    This pricing policy will certainly lose ZOS some customers, because many will feel this game experience just does not worth 1k a month.

For me, I think 1k is worth game not being run by EA. And not much of a sum anyway. Not that I won`t drop at some point, when I`ll get bored of ESO again, or will have some upcoming sigle-player gaems to occupy me.
    Options
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    teh_beard wrote: »
    For me, I think 1k is worth game not being run by EA.
    Rofl, it's so true.

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
    Options
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its not only rubalj, its euro also
    Options
  • inf.toniceb17_ESO
    inf.toniceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    1k roubles for a month of sub is too much for an average russian player. Even 500 rub price scared away most of my friends when ESO was released. Now it's simply a waste of money esp considering you can play w/o sub.

I think there was a similar problem in Final Fantasy MMO. All ZOS really need to do its to allow people to buy sub through Steam and let those who didn't buy ESO in Steam store to add it to Steam library. That way they will be able to lower prices for Russia. Yes it will force russian users to use Steam if they want a cheaper sub but its better than nothing and definitely a win-win.
    Options
  • mbarambacuarwb17_ESO
    mbarambacuarwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Dayer wrote: »
    This is not funny...With current prices the people of the provinces have to give half of his salary for the game

Sorry, my english is bad.

there are many poor countries in World where many people can't buy enough food even. that's really not funny. it's true.
    but when Russians cry here that they can't PLAY A GAME because their salaries too low and trying to push ZOS to drop prices in their poor country, it's really funny.
    it's also funny when somebody says that his mother paying for his game, coz it's M class game, means it's the game for MATURE 17+ players who can pay for it from his pocket and not from mother's pocket.
    guys, look at people in other poor countries where salaries are equivalent to your 5000 rubles or less.
    why they do not require to give them the game for free because they have no money enough?
    this game is an expensive luxury like diamonds or black caviar.
    it's not a bread or a meat. it's not schooling or health service.
    so if you have extra money for luxuries and entertainment then you may spend it on the game.
    otherwise you're not playing this expensive game. you're playing F2P games, cheap B2P games, pirate repacks of stolen games etc.
    I belive that smart and cool Russia bosses who can buy a bucket of caviar or can buy several maibachs, who can go on vacation to Antarctica and Indonesia several times a year, they must sort economic problems of their country people, but ZOS should not. during the last year, all players paid the game price and then they pay a mandatory fee for each month. now ZOS even offer you to pay the same price once only and play FREE anytime you want. but you are still whining about high prices...
    Options
  • Arugaf
    Arugaf
    ✭✭
    Some stats:

WoW: 360 rub p/m
    Lotro: 240 rub p/m
    EQ2: 450 rub p/m
    Swtor: 300 rub p/m

FFXIV: 500/800 rub for the game, 500 rub p/m
    Gw2: 2k/2750 rub

Gta 5: 2k rub
    DA3: 1800 rub
    Witcher 3: 1200 rub
    BF4: 1k rub
    Evolve: 1.5k rub

Teso: 4/6k rub for the game, 1k rub p/m

:D
    Options
  • A1exeR
    A1exeR
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS made a big mistake by changing prices.
    If they hoped to earn money by selling boxes, they miscalculated. Nobody will buy the game for this price.
    This is very expensive for Russia.
    New players will not comes, and the old will not pay subscription or will not play at all.
    As a result ZOS only lose money and ESO community lose russian players.
    Options
  • Runhent
    Runhent
    ✭✭✭
    C'mon Zos, seriously? Almost 1k rubles p/m for subscription? And 4k/6k for standart/imperial edition??? I can buy 3-5 big new games on steam for 6k and 1 (with some additional cash) every month.

Seems it's just currency exchange rate :(

I just realized that I've payed €13 per month (~300₴ now, ~200₴ in April 2014), and my friend from Russia has payed ~500₽ (it was less then €13 in April 2014, but not so much less). But now this €13 is equivalent to ~900₽.

So did ZOS just... fix the price?

P.S. Greetings from RU-LotRO :) Today you were mentioned in GLFF.
    Gilryne Telvanni, at your service.
    EU | Ebonheart Pact | ElderScrolls.Net & RuESO
    Options
  • fetameise
    fetameise
    ✭✭
    Lettigall wrote: »

Irregardless of some rather straightforward rudeness this is just hilarious :) It seems that sorcs will be nerfed again down to the ground.

As for the topic itself - just unsub, there is no reason to keep it if it seems too much a high price now. 10% acceleration of something? - I beg your pardon. DLCs (WHEN they will be available) can be purchased once and for all, and I hope ZOS won't make them outrageously expensive.

The only thing perhaps ZOS should do is to make the rates flat for everyone - then there will be no more "unfairness" that we see here.
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Hey guys, why wasn't there any opportunity to allow your loyal fans to retain the lower price for subscription? Just went up without warning?
    I would have expected there to be some sort of 'if you are paying the lower price recurring then you keep it'. Perhaps its just a mistake?
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
    Options
  • ZOS_EveP
    ZOS_EveP
    ✭✭✭
    Some users have not heeded our previous warning and have instead continued to post off-topic and inappropriate comments, therefore we have closed this thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.