The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Monetization of Character Creation Concept

Gidorick
Gidorick
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Since ESO is going to depend on Crown Shop Sales to sustain its development there are some Character Creation additions that would enable ZOS to make a good deal of money. I suggest they sell packs as well as a-la-carte items to add to the characters creation variety in ESO
  • Advanced Khajiit Pack
  • Advanced Argonian Pack
  • Advanced Heights Pack
  • A-la-carte choices
The following concept uses some of the concepts I outlined in both the Khajiit and Argonian update concepts.
Khajiit Update Concept: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/141710/suggestions-for-an-eventual-khajiit-centric-update/p1
Argonian Update Concept: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/147221/concept-for-a-future-argonian-centric-update

These packs would require the addition of new sliders to Khajiit and Argonian character creation. It would also include a widened range on many other sliders for all races. If a slider, or portion of a slider, has not been purchased by the player it should be grayed out. A player should be able to preview parts of the sliders not yet purchased but when they move to a different slider, the previous slider’s selection defaults back to an available selection on the slider.
1QNf3dM.jpg?1

Players should be allowed to purchase these packs directly from the character creation screen with their crowns. These mechanics would create a sort of ‘check-out-line’ environment where a player making a character can be enticed to make a purchase right then and there because they really want their Khajiit to have that feature or their Nord to have that hairstyle.

Advanced Khajiit Pack
This pack would include additional sliders for Khajiit characters only available to those who purchased this pack.
  • Digitigrade or Plantigrade feet selector: Digitigrade feet would ‘hide’ any footware.
  • Tail length slider: Allows players to have shorter tails all the way to no tail at all.
  • Snout Slider: Allows players to have a shorter snout all the way to no snout at all (like the face of Men & Mer)
  • Tail adornment: Allows players to add adornments to their tails, from tufts of fur on the end to piercings to large rings that go all the way around the tail. This pack should include a small selection for the player.
  • Ear Placement Slider: Allows Players to move a Khajiit’s ears down the skull all the way to the side of their head (like the ears of Men & Mer)
  • More fur/skin options: Allows players to choose skins with very little fur to skins with no fur at all.

Here is a chart of the types of Khajiit that could be created made by @Robo_Hobo and tweaked slightly by me. :wink:
jsvIUvI.jpg?1

Advanced Argonian Pack
This pack would include additional sliders for Argonian characters only available to those who purchased this pack.
  • Digitigrade or Plantigrade feet selector: Digitigrade feet would ‘hide’ any footware.
  • Tail length slider: Allows players to have shorter tails all the way to no tail at all.
  • Snout Slider: Allows players to have a shorter snout all the way to no snout at all (like the face of Men & Mer)
  • Tail adornment: Allows players to add adornments to their tails, from spikes to piercings to large rings that go all the way around the tail. This pack should include a small selection for the player.
  • Tail Type slider: Allows players to choose between different types of tails, from smooth wispy tails to flat tadpole-like tails to thick crocodile type tails.
  • More scale options: Allows players to choose a wider variety of scale patterns.
Argonian_Faces.jpg

Advanced Heights Pack
Additional Height options for most races. This should be a one-time purchase for players that includes all height additions.
Current race height range: (===)
Additional slider range: (---)
um7CAYk.jpg?1

A-la-carte choices
Each of the following types of additions should be able to be purchased one at a time.
  • Body Markings
  • Hair Style
  • Adornment
  • Head Marking
  • Tail Adornments (for Khajiit and Argonian)
Having these types of additional options would set up a system that could earn ZOS quite a bit of money and could later be grown into a robust barber shop where body markings, hair styles, adornments, head markings, and tail adornments could be changed by a player paying in game gold or by buying Barbet Shop tokens in the Crown store. If the Barber Shop token is the method of choice, the purchase of any of these packs or individual items should also include one token.

Thoughts?
Edited by Gidorick on October 10, 2015 5:36PM
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse.
Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Send to your team. Now. Do it. Do it now!

As for your idea @Gidorick you win the internet.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

Why not? Be constructive man!
    Panda244 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Send to your team. Now. Do it. Do it now!

As for your idea @Gidorick you win the internet.

lol. Thanks Panda. I read your quote as Arnold Schwarzenegger
    latest?cb=20140503022504

That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you want to turn this into a nickel & diming game?

I left SWTOR for that reason (amongst others)
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because I want ESO to make money in the long term. I'm not suggesting current options be put behind a pay wall, but that we get more options for pay.

I'd totally pay $15 for each of the Khajiit and Argonian packs.

The nickel & diming is coming, there is absolutely NO doubt about that... I'm just trying to offer suggestions for things that I think would make money that would enhance the game experience for those of us willing to pay.
    Edited by Gidorick on March 6, 2015 1:18AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

Because I want ESO to make money in the long term. I'm not suggesting current options be put behind a pay wall, but that we get more options for pay.

I'd rather pay $15 and get everything made available in the game. How about this, force non-subscribers to suffer this poor idea and leave those who sub to get it all with no extra charge. What you are suggesting will lead no where good.
    Edited by Zershar_Vemod on March 6, 2015 1:19AM
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd rather pay $15 and get everything made available in the game. How about this, force non-subscribers to suffer this poor idea and leave those who sub to get it all with no extra charge. What you are suggesting will lead no where good.

I suggested certain things like any-race/any alliance & Imperials be placed behind a subscription and I got completely railed for that. People would prefer them to be one-time purchasable items.

I would be 100% completely alright with the Advanced Khajiit, Advanced Argonian, and Advanced Height packs being behind a subscription. I think ZOS should do everything they can to make the subscriptions enticing to old players and new.

That being said, subscribers could just use their 1500 Crowns per month to buy the 'upgrade' packs... effectively making the packs 'free' to subscribers.

Where all of this will lead is more money in the pockets of ZOS and that IS a good thing. :wink:
    Edited by Gidorick on March 6, 2015 1:25AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always enjoy having more options in the game... though I'd want something for the rest as well, not just cats and lizards...
    Height options for Dunmer? I'd love to have my skinny sneaky stabby girl bosmer-sized.
    More makeup/hairstyle/adornment options are always welcome.

But of course, for all that to really be of any interest to me, we first need a post char-gen character adjustment function!

• Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I suggested certain things like any-race/any alliance & Imperials be placed behind a subscription and I got completely railed for that. People would prefer them to be one-time purchasable items.

I would be 100% completely alright with the Advanced Khajiit, Advanced Argonian, and Advanced Height packs being behind a subscription. I think ZOS should do everything they can to make the subscriptions enticing to old players and new.

That being said, subscribers could just use their 1500 Crowns per month to buy the 'upgrade' packs... effectively making the packs 'free' to subscribers.

Where all of this will lead is more money in the pockets of ZOS and that IS a good thing. :wink:

I'm sorry, but are you an employee of ZOS posting on their personal account? Please don't ask for this game to be *** out.
    Edited by Zershar_Vemod on March 6, 2015 1:27AM
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry, but are you an employee of ZOS posting on their personal account? Please don't ask for this game to be *** out.

Then how do you suggest ZOS makes money.

Again... no options are being taken away, just added. ZOS needs more to sell. Mounts and Costumes will only go so far.
    Edited by Gidorick on March 6, 2015 1:30AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Again... no options are being taken away, just added. ZOS needs more to sell. Mounts and Costumes will only go so far.

More incentives to sub = more subs. Things like costumes, mounts, DLCs, etc. that ZOS will be providing will already generate sales. Once you start monetizing trivial things like you are suggesting, players will be pissed.

What you are suggesting is that this game go full Bioware/EA.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

More incentives to sub = more subs. Things like costumes, mounts, DLCs, etc. that ZOS will be providing will already generate sales. Once you start monetizing trivial things like you are suggesting, players will be pissed.

And Bioware/EA is doing great in terms of money making...
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »

And Bioware/EA is doing great in terms of money making...

And the players are the happiest in the world am I right?
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree 100,000% that more incentives to sub = more subs. Check out this thread where I suggest putting a bunch of stuff behind the subscription: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/150450/eso-subscription-benefits-suggestions/p1

And this one specifically about the any race/any alliance and the Imperials: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/151782/put-the-imperial-edition-and-explorers-pack-benefits-behind-the-subscription/p1

and read the responses showing that people absolutely HATED the idea. I think subscriptions should be chocked full of additional options... I agree with you there. However, there are SOME people that will NEVER sub, and these kind of options are ways to squeeze some coin out of them.

Is this ideal? No. I think we can all agree ideal was Pay-to-Play... but that ship has sailed out to deep water and was unceremoniously sunk. What I'm offering is sort of a consolation prize. :lol:
    Edited by Gidorick on March 6, 2015 2:24AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree 100,000% that more incentives to sub = more subs. Check out this thread where I suggest putting a bunch of stuff behind the subscription: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/150450/eso-subscription-benefits-suggestions/p1

And this one specifically about he any race/any alliance and the Imperials: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/151782/put-the-imperial-edition-and-explorers-pack-benefits-behind-the-subscription/p1

and read the responses showing that people absolutely HATED the idea. I think subscriptions should be chocked full of additional options... I agree with you there. However, there are SOME people that will NEVER sub, and these kind of options are ways to squeeze some coin out of them.

Is this ideal? No. I think we can all agree ideal was Pay-to-Play... but that ship has sailed out to deep water and was unceremoniously sunk. What I'm offering is sort of a consolation prize. :lol:

I feel sorry for you.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And this one specifically about he any race/any alliance and the Imperials: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/151782/put-the-imperial-edition-and-explorers-pack-benefits-behind-the-subscription/p1

I feel sorry for you.

Why? Because I accept the reality of the situation and have chosen not to be bitter about it?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish ZOS would implement these options for console release. The influx of new players making new characters will NEVER be as high as it will be this June.

OK. bad idea. Thanks @slurg for pointing that out. This should be released in conjunction with character editing mechanics.
    Edited by Gidorick on May 14, 2015 6:03PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a fairly normal addition copied from many games that permit redrawing characters vs a cash shop. The shortfall is that the character creation in this game is better than what other games have before purchasable variables.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish ZOS would implement these options for console release. The influx of new players making new characters will NEVER be as high as it will be this June.

No. There is nothing really in this plan that would compel someone to part with money.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a fairly normal addition copied from many games that permit redrawing characters vs a cash shop. The shortfall is that the character creation in this game is better than what other games have before purchasable variables.

This is true. That's why the a la cart options and the addition of a barber shop is important.

They can't sell us new faces but they can sell us hair styles!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. There is nothing really in this plan that would compel someone to part with money.

You don't play a Khajiit, do you? :tongue:

do you have suggestions for the other non-beast races?

Edited by Gidorick on May 14, 2015 5:45PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So you are now suggesting that ZOS lock new elements on the character creation screen, for new console players who haven't even stepped one (possibly clawed) foot into the game yet, behind an additional paywall?

Grasping for more money like that before players can even create their first character would probably turn more people off from the game than anything else. I hope they don't do that. They should at least be allowed to create a character and get into the game and get their bearings before ZOS starts hitting them up for cash micro transactions.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny enough i think this is a good idea.
    If swtor was on consoles i would play it.
    But i want eso to make money and i want its life span long even if it goes the swtor way.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    So you are now suggesting that ZOS lock new elements on the character creation screen, for new console players who haven't even stepped one (possibly clawed) foot into the game yet, behind an additional paywall?

Grasping for more money like that before players can even create their first character would probably turn more people off from the game than anything else. I hope they don't do that. They should at least be allowed to create a character and get into the game and get their bearings before ZOS starts hitting them up for cash micro transactions.

That's a good point. Perhaps this idea is best left for when they start allowing race change and post creation access to the character creation screen.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a good point. Perhaps this idea is best left for when they start allowing race change and post creation access to the character creation screen.

GIDORICK
    Its a good idea mate its better than ESO live a long life.
    I still love swtor and i dont mind this at all.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thoughts?

I think you ZOS employees from monetization department should stop impersonating players.

As for your concern for long term...It feels stupid to state the obvious, but the best and in fact only way is to stop making cash shop and start making game.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »

Thoughts?

I think you ZOS employees from monetization department should stop impersonating players.

As for your concern for long term...It feels stupid to state the obvious, but the best and in fact only way is to stop making cash shop and start making game.

Oh no! I've been had! Lol! (Joke btw.... I don't want to get in trouble for impersonating an employee! )

My ORIGINAL posts were prior to the b2p announcement. Those were just asking for more options.
    Edited by Gidorick on May 14, 2015 5:59PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Right, I think the options you propose are better suited to character modification mechanics whenever we get those, rather than making the new players feel like they are being pressured to pay more to get into the game for the first time.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right, I think the options you propose are better suited to character modification mechanics whenever we get those, rather than making the new players feel like they are being pressured to pay more to get into the game for the first time.

I edited the post because you are right. Wouldn't be a good idea to tell players they get "the whole experience" and then paywall them at literally the first opportunity. Bad first impression.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heromofo wrote: »

GIDORICK
    Its a good idea mate its better than ESO live a long life.
    I still love swtor and i dont mind this at all.

Thanks @Heromofo. Slurg is right though. this is best suited for a post release expansion tired to the barber shop or some similar mechanic.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.