Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Monetization of Character Creation Concept

• glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe this will help.
    What I see ZOS doing is letting players purchase barber vouchers from the crown store and using them on other players to change their look. No wait, it gets better. A barber player charges the other players in gold for using his/her voucher on these players. So this enhances the economy a little bit.

I have something more shocking for you - what if the customer player has to tell the barber player what they want done because the barber makes the changes? Oh that would be so troll.

OK, thread back on track.
    Options
  • leshpar
    leshpar
    ✭✭✭
    character customization is something that should not be monetized. This is a horrible idea. All character customization options should be available to everyone.

I really want to see digitgrade legs for argonians and khajiit, but I understand why they aren't in the game (after all, Morrowind was the only game that had it that way, none before or since). That said, I'd totally pay for a recustomization of the added the digitgrade leg options.

That's right, I think recustomizations should be paid for, not original creation.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leshpar wrote: »
    character customization is something that should not be monetized. This is a horrible idea. All character customization options should be available to everyone.

I really want to see digitgrade legs for argonians and khajiit, but I understand why they aren't in the game (after all, Morrowind was the only game that had it that way, none before or since). That said, I'd totally pay for a recustomization of the added the digitgrade leg options.

That's right, I think recustomizations should be paid for, not original creation.

So you'd be OK if you couldn't make digitigrade legs when you initially create your character but could pay for them later? That's interesting... would you pay for every time you want to change your feet on each character or would you only pay once? If you only had to pay once, after you paid, would you THEN be able to use the feature on a new character or would you have to go to a barber shop type feature to change feet?
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

So you'd be OK if you couldn't make digitigrade legs when you initially create your character but could pay for them later? That's interesting... would you pay for every time you want to change your feet on each character or would you only pay once? If you only had to pay once, after you paid, would you THEN be able to use the feature on a new character or would you have to go to a barber shop type feature to change feet?

from a realism point of view, that whole digigrade thing is completely unrealistic, and makes no sense on any level, It was also retconned out of existence, so it will never be a choice anyway.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PKMN12 wrote: »

from a realism point of view, that whole digigrade thing is completely unrealistic, and makes no sense on any level, It was also retconned out of existence, so it will never be a choice anyway.

It wasn't retconned. It's still part of lore.... the various furstocks of khajiit still exist.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd buy it.

Maybe there could be some presets alongside the sliders, as the options you give allow for some of the other bipedal forms of Khajiit to be used.

In the end I think this is the only way they'd be worth the time to develop, but hey, it'd get them in-game, and possibly allow for future Khajiit NPC's to be some of them too.
    Options
  • Yukian
    Yukian
    ✭✭✭
    [*]Tail adornment: Allows players to add adornments to their tails, from tufts of fur on the end to piercings to large rings that go all the way around the tail. This pack should include a small selection for the player.
    Bells!

PSN- Caleo95
    Devout follower of Sithis
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why would you want to turn this into a nickel & diming game?

I left SWTOR for that reason (amongst others)

Because I want ESO to make money in the long term. I'm not suggesting current options be put behind a pay wall, but that we get more options for pay.

I'd totally pay $15 for each of the Khajiit and Argonian packs.

The nickel & diming is coming, there is absolutely NO doubt about that... I'm just trying to offer suggestions for things that I think would make money that would enhance the game experience for those of us willing to pay.

Nickel and Diming the playerbase is not the way to make money in the long term. It is a short term method that would not let them earn the money back to pay off the games development and the games expansion into consoles. At best they could maybe break even with this method.

The current approach is not only whats best for ZoS but for the playerbase. It provides the Company a means of alternate revenue ontop of subs and gives them a wider demographic to target with their game and Crown Store.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because I want ESO to make money in the long term. I'm not suggesting current options be put behind a pay wall, but that we get more options for pay.

The nickel & diming is coming, there is absolutely NO doubt about that... I'm just trying to offer suggestions for things that I think would make money that would enhance the game experience for those of us willing to pay.

Nickel and Diming the playerbase is not the way to make money in the long term. It is a short term method that would not let them earn the money back to pay off the games development and the games expansion into consoles. At best they could maybe break even with this method.

The current approach is not only whats best for ZoS but for the playerbase. It provides the Company a means of alternate revenue ontop of subs and gives them a wider demographic to target with their game and Crown Store.

I honestly don't see this as being any worse than what we have now. I don't see how you can view ZOS selling food, potions, and repair kits for crowns as "what's best" and adding substantial chatacter creation features add "nickle and diming".

I was wrong, nickle and diming isn't coming. It's here.

And without them charging for it, there's very little chance these types of features get added. So all of you moaning about how this should be standard and that we shouldn't be charged for it... remember that in three years if ESO has only had a handful of DLC releases and a metric ton of $25 mounts.

I fear that the Crown Store at it is, subscriptions and DLC will NOT sustain ESO. Especially if DLC is only released once or twice a year. I'm making suggestions as to what things they can charge for... and the most frequent response is that the features should be free. How does that help in any way?

I want this game to GROW.... and I'm willing to pay for it. What all you seem to want is for ESO to remain stagnant. Would you really rather NOT get these features than to have them paywalled. Even if you wouldn't use them, can't you see past your own desires to comprehend that people would want, and would pay, for these kind of features... and that those sales would be GOOD for ZOS and ultimately good for ESO?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robo_Hobo wrote: »
    I'd buy it.

Maybe there could be some presets alongside the sliders, as the options you give allow for some of the other bipedal forms of Khajiit to be used.

In the end I think this is the only way they'd be worth the time to develop, but hey, it'd get them in-game, and possibly allow for future Khajiit NPC's to be some of them too.

That's a good idea @robo_hobo. And I agree. The likeliness of us getting these features are slim. Without them charging for them, the likliness goes to none. :neutral:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Jroc
    Jroc
    ✭✭✭
    This is a flawed logic. When an MMO makes more money it does not necessarily go back into the game and when it does so not in the ways in which players hoped it would.

Most of the time a larger chunk of that money becomes extra profit for the company especially when using nickel and dime gimmicks because (which leads me to my second point) when a developer is making money off of the game and their main focus is doing more of that they don't look to take that revenue and improve all aspects of a game, instead they take what revenue they have to and improve upon the features that will in turn make them more revenue.

Since what you're proposing is to increase ZOS's cash flow by improving upon nickel and dime methods all that is likely to inspire is further funding to more nickle and dime schemes not actual content, why waste time and money on that when you're making more money by doing something far less costly and time-consuming.
    It's all good Bollywood
    Options
  • Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd rather pay $15 and get everything made available in the game. How about this, force non-subscribers to suffer this poor idea and leave those who sub to get it all with no extra charge. What you are suggesting will lead no where good.

I suggested certain things like any-race/any alliance & Imperials be placed behind a subscription and I got completely railed for that. People would prefer them to be one-time purchasable items.

I would be 100% completely alright with the Advanced Khajiit, Advanced Argonian, and Advanced Height packs being behind a subscription. I think ZOS should do everything they can to make the subscriptions enticing to old players and new.

That being said, subscribers could just use their 1500 Crowns per month to buy the 'upgrade' packs... effectively making the packs 'free' to subscribers.

Where all of this will lead is more money in the pockets of ZOS and that IS a good thing. :wink:

I think they make plenty of cash, and did before the B2P transition. What they (the investors) wanted was to make more cash, and now here we are. Please, stop making threads on how ZOS can dip into people's pockets, especially with suggestions on how to double-dip with the subscribers that supported this game long before the bait-and-switch. I am quite certain ZOS has a very well documented and approved release schedule for their deployment of further Cash Shop additions. Having sycophants weasel around is just so Stockholmian it's nauseating.
    For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did I suggest they do this INSTEAD of DLC content @Jroc? And while no, there's no guarantee that the money would go back into development I guarantee that the LACK of money will directly result in the lack of content.

I would just much prefer these sorts of additions over fire horses and cat mounts.
    Edited by Gidorick on June 1, 2015 2:14PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zathras wrote: »

I'd rather pay $15 and get everything made available in the game. How about this, force non-subscribers to suffer this poor idea and leave those who sub to get it all with no extra charge. What you are suggesting will lead no where good.

I suggested certain things like any-race/any alliance & Imperials be placed behind a subscription and I got completely railed for that. People would prefer them to be one-time purchasable items.

I would be 100% completely alright with the Advanced Khajiit, Advanced Argonian, and Advanced Height packs being behind a subscription. I think ZOS should do everything they can to make the subscriptions enticing to old players and new.

That being said, subscribers could just use their 1500 Crowns per month to buy the 'upgrade' packs... effectively making the packs 'free' to subscribers.

Where all of this will lead is more money in the pockets of ZOS and that IS a good thing. :wink:

I think they make plenty of cash, and did before the B2P transition. What they (the investors) wanted was to make more cash, and now here we are. Please, stop making threads on how ZOS can dip into people's pockets, especially with suggestions on how to double-dip with the subscribers that supported this game long before the bait-and-switch. I am quite certain ZOS has a very well documented and approved release schedule for their deployment of further Cash Shop additions. Having sycophants weasel around is just so Stockholmian it's nauseating.

I consider myself a realist. ZOS will find ways to make more money. I would like to see features. I'm willing to pay for those features.... I don't see what the problem is.

I'm on here posting ideas and thoughts because I enjoy doing so. I really don't think your appraisal of me is warranted, but you're free to think as you wish.

You don't have to click on my threads. Feel free to ignore whatever I post. You'll be happier for it and I can definitely do without being insulted.

Edited by Gidorick on June 1, 2015 2:37PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • TheHumanFloyd
    TheHumanFloyd
    ✭✭✭
    I really love these suggestions!

When I was on ESO Live they asked me what feature I'd like to see in the game. I kinda butchered it, but what I was TRYING to say was exactly what you put in your OP!
    Options
  • Tyrix
    Tyrix
    ✭✭
    This looks good in theory but I think it would cost the company way more to create this than what they would gain...
    Edited by Tyrix on October 10, 2015 3:55PM
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @TheHumanFloyd. I was actually really disappointed when we could only create one kind of Khajiit and Argonian in ESO. I figured an MMO that spans all of Tamriel would SURELY allow us to choose to be a different furstock or scalekin! But alas... it did not.

Out of my dozens and dozens of suggestions I think this is the one I want the most.

Yea @Tyrix. I think that's always a risk when a company releases a feature pack or DLC.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • slumber_sandb16_ESO
    slumber_sandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd pay for this and a good idea to put it in the crown store. More money = more development = more content = more money.
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    oh man, Gidorick, I just love your ideas!!

Please ZOS, hire him!! (seriously, no kidding)

Options