Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why does Sheogorath get more screen time than Molag Ball?

Iago
Iago
✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously Molag Ball is the main Villan surely he deserves better than a second rate part within the game.
That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheogorath is funnier, all Molag can do is insult you over and over...
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »

I'm sure that was their reasoning but seriously they should have made Sheogorath the main villan then
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I never got why we didn't see more of Molag Bal either, but I'd be all for seeing a lot more of the daedric princes in general.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • PSLAnimal
    PSLAnimal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because, cheese.
    Animal (Ask me what the PSL stands for. Go on. Ask.)
    @PSLAnimal on the NA Megaserver
    Making people wonder just what the hell is wrong with me since 1961.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iago wrote: »

I'm sure that was their reasoning but seriously they should have made Sheogorath the main villan then
    Yeah, I'm sure in future DLC we'll see more of Molag Bal and other Daedric Princes, after all, Meridia says that we've stoked their interest, so they kind of HAVE. To add a future story with more Daedra... I for one would love to sit down and have a glass of tea with yours truly, Clavicus Vile.
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I'm sure in future DLC we'll see more of Molag Bal and other Daedric Princes, after all, Meridia says that we've stoked their interest, so they kind of HAVE. To add a future story with more Daedra... I for one would love to sit down and have a glass of tea with yours truly, Clavicus Vile.

I also look forward to meeting Bothia, Mehrunes Dagon, and Azura

-Thomas Pain

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSLAnimal wrote: »
    Because, cheese.

This.

We'll later discover with the first large expansion to the game, that Sheo is indeed the real villain, after all of Tamriel's cheese is magicked away by the mad god.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Boethiah can eat my toes for all I care, Mehrunes isn't any fun... Molag Bal has the best voice actor of any villain ever. Uncle Sheo is Uncle ****ing Sheo, meeting with Mephala would be fun... Cause um..
    "Mephala is the demon prince of murder, sex, and secrets."

Fun times with Mephala, if you know what I mean :smirk:

In truth though, I want to see some more interaction with Hermaeus Mora, Sanguine, Nocturnal, and Mephala, and since there's suppose to be a new content zone called "Mephala's Realm" it appears that I will get my wish.
    Edited by Panda244 on February 23, 2015 1:13AM

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy, huh? ;)

On a more serious matter, I am all for making more deadric powers in-game acquaintence. Soo many more quests to deal with them that we could have...
    I know what you mean! I could say more, but... it'd likely get censored to protect innoncent eyes... just saying, Mehpala is always good for a big surprise in that regard... :smirk:

• WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because if you were constantly seeing your main villain it would cheapen it. Instead of being perceived to be of great importance he'd be that guy you're seeing everywhere.

"Oh it's just Molag Bal, he's around ever corner. It's okay, I'll handle this, be back in 2 minutes."

Rather than, " OH SH*@ It's Molag Bal! RUN!"
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Boethiah can eat my toes for all I care, Mehrunes isn't any fun... Molag Bal has the best voice actor of any villain ever. Uncle Sheo is Uncle ****ing Sheo, meeting with Mephala would be fun... Cause um..

In truth though, I want to see some more interaction with Hermaeus Mora, Sanguine, Nocturnal, and Mephala, and since there's suppose to be a new content zone called "Mephala's Realm" it appears that I will get my wish.

Isn't Mephala also the one that appears as a Spider Daedra?

Yea no, that's not attractive. It she were more like Lolth and less like Arachnaphobia, maybe.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • DanielMaxwell
    DanielMaxwell
    ✭✭✭

Seriously Molag Ball is the main Villan surely he deserves better than a second rate part within the game.

Because Sheogorath has a better agent , he also got paid more them Molag Bal did.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, the way I see him... Molag Bal is about as interesting a villain as watching paint dry. Even the fight with him at the end of the main story is just a snoozfest, considering what the stakes were supposed to be.

Sheogorath has sick charisma - it's hard not to like him, no matter what he does.
    Edited by Soulshine on February 23, 2015 2:07AM
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cause he sells more T-shirts then Molag Ball
    sheogorath_cheese-shirt_sarenia_zps271d944d.jpg~original
    Edited by Natjur on February 23, 2015 2:06AM
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Isn't Mephala also the one that appears as a Spider Daedra?
    Yea no, that's not attractive. It she were more like Lolth and less like Arachnaphobia, maybe.
    They can appear as whatever they want to be... Like this.
    mephala__the_daedra_lady_by_righon-d31fmmm.jpg
    Like this.
    pxs_mephala_by_markothesketchguy-d7rw1jr.jpg
    Which happens to be eerily sexy.
    And like this.
    Nocturnal.jpg
    Which happens to be just plain sexy. I'm sure @TheShadowScout will agree with me :wink:

I mean there's always the Spider Daedra
    468px-Spider.jpg
    But at least Spider Daedra is prettier than Harvester... I wouldn't mind getting myself caught in her web, wink wink, nudge nudge. :smirk:

Okay I'll stop now.
    Edited by Panda244 on February 23, 2015 2:24AM

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because Sheogorath is awesome. And, you are his favorite mortal so he come to see you. Alternatively, Molag Bal doesn't like you and wishes you would just go away. Oh, and cheese.
  • PSLAnimal
    PSLAnimal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    Oh, and cheese.

Right?
    Animal (Ask me what the PSL stands for. Go on. Ask.)
    @PSLAnimal on the NA Megaserver
    Making people wonder just what the hell is wrong with me since 1961.
  • Spottswoode
    Spottswoode
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Compared to other daedric princes, Sheogorath has fewer direct enemies (his greatest one is himself) , his "big plans" are usually pretty benign compared to the other princes plans, his interaction with Mundus is pretty limited in scope but always constant, and his motive is pretty much always "to have fun." In the spheres of the gods, this doesn't make him much of a threat to most of their long term goals so he needn't fear reprisal or attack for poking his head out here and there.
    So unlike Molag Bal, whose evil plans merit the direct attention and action of Meridia, Sheogorath pretty much doesn't warrant an army to go after him the minute he pops up. He might just pop up to make it rain burning dogs. Or turn the rivers into cheese.

I'm more curious as to why the other princes don't band together to oppose this kind of thing whenever it happens. It's pretty much a forgone conclusion that none of the other princes wanted Mundus to be merged with Coldharbour. Well, except for maybe Sheogorath.
    Proud Player of The Elder Bank Screen Online.
    My khajiit loves his moon sugar.
    Steam Profile
    Libertas est periculosum. Liberum cogitandi est haeresis. Ergo, et ego terroristis.
    Current main PC build:
    i7 3770 (Not overclocking currently.)
    MSI Gaming X GTX 1070
    32gb RAM

Laptop:
    i7-7700HQ
    GTX 1060
    16gb RAM

Secondary build:
    i3 2330
    GTX 660
    8gb RAM
  • SG_Celerrimus
    SG_Celerrimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason, I get this sneaking suspicion that we might be doing something with Uncle Sheo sometime soon. Whether that be us fighting against him, or along side him, I couldn't say, but I feel ZOS is subtlety building towards a DLC where he is the main focus.
  • FadedJeans
    FadedJeans
    ✭✭✭
    I must be in the minority. I don't really get or enjoy (Sheo) the character much. Capricious and inexplicable aren't that captivating for me, not to the depths they seem to have been plumbed. Valaste was a far more compelling character, to me, and really the only thing I cherished about that storyline.
  • Anvos
    Anvos
    ✭✭✭
    Well 90% of the game takes place outside Coldharbor and since probably only the prime anchor over the imperial city could allow him to enter this plane there is that, plus like most deadric princes he doesn't really consider mortals a threat until their smashing in his face with aedric or other such power.

Though there is an interesting possibility with Sheo of what if Jyyggallag was manipulating his other half and hid part of his essence on/in Eveya last time he smashed the Shivering Isles as a calculated risk that Shalidor would one day get it back, freeing part of him from Sheograth.
    Edited by Anvos on February 23, 2015 4:34AM
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I also get the sense that old Sir Pot-head, Cadwell, is a champion of Sheogorath. Sheogorath has been pulling our strings the moment we joined the Mages Guild and met up with Shalidor. I agree that I don't believe we've seen the last of Sheogorath, and I think @Anvos is right that there is probably some Jyggalyg schemes of Order going on behind the mad mask. By the way, I wonder how these ultra powerful beings get twisted. Sheogorath was once Jyggalyg and very powerful, and the other Daedra teamed up on him and made him mad. Boethiah twisted Trinimac in to Malacath. It makes you wonder if some of the other Daedra might not have had the same happen to them.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheo is very much a Diva... has been ever since Oblivion, where he had his own expansion and a quest so silly it made his previous incarnations look boring.

if you have a popular character, you flaunt them!

Sheogorath wouldnt allow anything less...
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheo is very much a Diva... has been ever since Oblivion, where he had his own expansion and a quest so silly it made his previous incarnations look boring.

he's OK but he's kind of annoying

-Thomas Pain

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which happens to be just plain sexy. I'm sure @TheShadowScout will agree with me :wink:
    Oh, I definitely do agree.

That one is actually my second favorite Mephala picture. My favorite? Well...
    The-Elder-Scrolls-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%8B-TES-art-Mephala-1256510.jpegIf my Leskandera had a apartment room, she's have that one hanging on the wall... ;)
    Of course, there are other pictures of mephala I like but... again, not something that could be safely posted here due to naughtyness factor (I shall only mention... Rule 34...) :smirk:
    Of course, I know all too well I am wierd and like eerie sexyness. Among other things.

But getting back to other thoughts...

...the final cutscene Does have Molag Bal hinting there are worse deadric powers then him, which may now step up to take over and finish what he started. The very first time I heard that, I was thinking "Ah... expansions are coming", and someday, some other powers will make their move, for a new questline showing up in some DLC. I just hope they will be well done to carry on the tradition of nifty ESO stories... Guess pretty much the only one we don't have to worry about in that regard -is- uncle Sheo, who is more a madman for the details, and not the largescale schemes...
    But I would be looking forward to meet more powers in "person" instead of speaking through some of their minion daedra...
    Edited by TheShadowScout on February 23, 2015 6:02AM
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

he's OK but he's kind of annoying

it does get old pretty quick. more so if your a older player of the series and have already sat through the shivering isles expansion

crazy is fun, but definitely can get old fast.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I definitely do agree.

That one is actually my second favorite Mephala picture. My favorite? Well...
    The-Elder-Scrolls-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%8B-TES-art-Mephala-1256510.jpegIf my Leskandera had a apartment room, she's have that one hanging on the wall... ;)
    Of course, there are other pictures of mephala I like but... again, not something that could be safely posted here due to naughtyness factor (I shall only mention... Rule 34...) :smirk:
    Of course, I know all too well I am wierd and like eerie sexyness. Among other things.

But getting back to other thoughts...

...the final cutscene Does have Molag Bal hinting there are worse deadric powers then him, which may now step up to take over and finish what he started. The very first time I heard that, I was thinking "Ah... expansions are coming", and someday, some other powers will make their move, for a new questline showing up in some DLC. I just hope they will be well done to carry on the tradition of nifty ESO stories... Guess pretty much the only one we don't have to worry about in that regard -is- uncle Sheo, who is more a madman for the details, and not the largescale schemes...
    But I would be looking forward to meet more powers in "person" instead of speaking through some of their minion daedra...

Yeah, Molag hints at it and Meridia basically assures us that the Daedric Princes aren't done with our character.
    As for Rule 34. /facesemitruck

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FadedJeans wrote: »
    I must be in the minority. I don't really get or enjoy (Sheo) the character much. Capricious and inexplicable aren't that captivating for me, not to the depths they seem to have been plumbed. Valaste was a far more compelling character, to me, and really the only thing I cherished about that storyline.

Besides, he should be absolutely terrifying in his madness, not a second rate circus clown with oddly coloured eyes talking about cheese all the time. His so called "madness" is absolutely predictable by now, and I wish they would just leave him be. Everything they do with him just feels like fenservice to me.

I'd rather see more of the less developed Daedra, like Peryite and Namira.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The real reason is because Sheogorath is the Daedric prince that interacts the most with mortals, that's how its been in every ES game, he usually shows up to make you do silly stuff which is actually fairly entertaining. (In Oblivion he got his own DLC that could be seen as a second game).

Praise the Skooma cat! (If you don't know who Skooma cat, its Sheogorath. That's what the Khajiit refer him as.)
    ~Thallen~
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because he's amusing and likeable, in an odd sort of way.