The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Mouse and Keyboard acting wonky.

SG_Celerrimus
SG_Celerrimus
✭✭✭✭✭
For some reason, after the most recent patch my mouse and keyboard have been getting pretty wonky where they will lock up and not respond when clicking my movement keys while one has already been clicked and my mouse doesn't always rotate my character's camera when moved around, to name two problems. There are also some problems with key responsiveness and attack responsiveness.

I can't seem to locate a cause for it, and there are several problems that this bug causes. I have tried other keyboards and mice, and it still gets wonky at random. This bug is especially bad during things like Trials.
  • Iradicus
    Iradicus
    ✭✭
    I have been having mouse problems in this game aswell, mouse just stops working for a few seconds.

It does not happen often, but it is not lag related as my keyboard keeps workig fine.
  • Marcusstratus
    Marcusstratus
    ✭✭✭
    I am having this problem as well. It's really frustrating. Outside the game everything works fine, so I know it's not my keyboard or mouse.

1. Often I can't activate things, I'll hit E numerous times (not super fast in a row, I am patient) and it takes several tries to open a container or talk to someone.... or sometimes I just give up and move on.

2. Sometimes it won't allow me to select dialogue options with the mouse, although usually I can use 1, 2, 3 etc. when this occurs so I'm still able to play at least.

3. Frequently when I try to sprint nothing happens. Same thing with activating my Ultimate.

4. Sometimes when I hit escape to try and get into settings or log out it just won't register and instead seems bent on trying to switch windows, bringing my desktop or chat window up from behind the full screened game. But then if I move around for a bit, and then try again it'll bring up the settings etc. menu just fine.

5. While viewing the Guild Store at the Bank I've had it refuse to let me switch guilds no matter how many times I press the key or click on the option.

7. I've also noticed - and reported it on the test server before this last update - that it's been automatically selecting the first dialogue option sometimes. As soon as I talk to someone it flashes the text for a second, then selects the first option, and I'm stuck with whatever that was and I don't get to read the text. When it's a critical decision this can be extremely frustrating (such as a decision that saves or kills someone).

Interestingly, while trying out remapping some things I had it refuse to register what I was trying to set something as, however it was very inconsistent in this. It would register one key just fine, then when I switched to an alternate character to remap the controls for them as well it would not register the same key, but then later after about 20 tries and then playing a bit and then trying again, it suddenly decided to finally register it when I tried to switch it, even though on the first character it worked the first time.
    Edited by Marcusstratus on August 21, 2014 10:55PM
  • rrood41828
    rrood41828
    ✭✭✭
    Another reason that I don't group, unless one of my daughters is online. These glitches happen just enough to get you or somebody else killed.
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have posted numerous times about the loss of control my character goes through.
    Combat triggers this reliably.
    I've tried everything. Different mouse/keyboard/settings etc.
    This game is great and I miss playing.
    It ain't easy being green.
  • Onicx
    Onicx
    ✭✭✭
    I have been having mouse control issues as well, at first I thought to clean the bottom of my mouse but it seems that isn't the problem. Happens in group for me, maybe next maintenance can fix this?
    NA AD Xbox/PC
  • Salinea
    Salinea
    Soul Shriven
    I am having issues as well. It seems to be the most jumpy and laggy when there is a high server population. My camera will jerkily respond to my mouse. Sometimes my character gets stuck running or will be "teleported" some distance away while in the middle of running around. Potion use is almost completely out of the question because I have to press q several times just to get it to register. I can open my menus with the lightest of taps but my potions and my abilities often take several presses to use. My roommate has experienced this as well and we have experimented with playing one at a time as well as together with the same results either way. Most of my pve deaths in game now are a result of this jerky camera issue jumping from one perspective to the next and the delay in skill and potion activation. It is becoming incredibly frustrating.
  • audrieltheelf
    audrieltheelf
    ✭✭✭
    I've been having major responsiveness issues. They just started yesterday. I'll press a skill key and it will take 10 to 15 seconds to register that I've done anything. When I hold shift to sprint it will take about 5 seconds to register and then my char with sprint for a couple seconds, slow down, then resume sprinting. Makes the game completely unplayable for me because I continue to die due to unregistered attacks. Makes me sad :(
    PC/NA/AD
    Alaudria - v16 Altmer Sorc
    Teleia Opisthia - v16 Imperial Templar (Tank)
    Fionna Dark-Heart - v16 Imperial DK (Tank)
    Katniss Never Seen - v16 Bosmer NB
    Stilettos and a Lava Whip - v16 Dunmer DK
    Kerasi Moro - v16 Breton Templar
    Kyria Lathraia - v16 Imperial NB
  • audrieltheelf
    audrieltheelf
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so strangest thing, I sent someone mail and it resolved this issue. Don't know if this matters but I sold someone something, sent COD and now my unresponsiveness is completely gone. :)
    PC/NA/AD
  • audrieltheelf
    audrieltheelf
    ✭✭✭
    Now the problem is back. I resolved it twice with the mail thing but now it won't work.
    PC/NA/AD
  • Sapphy24
    Sapphy24
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. I thought it was the batteries in my mouse, but, nope.. still the same things, can't turn, can't click,can't sprint ride then... it starts working again. I didn't realize others were having similar problems.
  • Fizzonance
    Fizzonance
    ✭✭✭
    I'll press a skill key and it will take 10 to 15 seconds to register that I've done anything.
    10-15 seconds!? Standard mob fights rarely last more than a few seconds. This would be a huge issue.
    Have you tried to update your mouse/usb drivers? And also, are you running some kind of third-party mouse application for binding inputs?

Don't think sending COD has anything to do with the issue, rather this could be an indication that you've been experience lag and that the lag has disappeared,hence the COD going through.
    ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ Fizzonance ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    Spellunker - Dunmeri Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact - [EU]
    Aska Mahdavi - Khajiiti Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion - [EU]
    https://twitter.com/fizzonance
    http://mesmerizingtamriel.blogspot.com/
    http://fizzonance.tumblr.com/
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    same problem here.
    haven't been able to engage in combat for three weeks now.
    it's not a hardware thing, as I've tried using other peripherals.
    i'm bummed.
    it's a cool game but right now i just can't play it.
    It ain't easy being green.
  • Smartbean
    Smartbean
    I've had this problem a couple of weeks ago, no solution seemed to help, but eventually after 10+ mails to and from customer support, I got a tip to install the program TweakMASTER.

This program can tweak/tune settings to boost connectivity and by slecting a default boosting profile, the program seemed to clear up my connection (ie. create more bandwith space). Fired up ESO and the wonky keyboard/mouse issues have gone and have not returned since.
  • Ad.Absurdum
    Ad.Absurdum
    ✭✭
    i have the same problem, unresponsive keyboard/mouse for 1-5 seconds. it started after one of the larger updates - never got an answer from the customer service of course. i doubt that it has something to do with the connectivity since i played other mmo's before and never had such problems.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smartbean wrote: »
    I've had this problem a couple of weeks ago, no solution seemed to help, but eventually after 10+ mails to and from customer support, I got a tip to install the program TweakMASTER.

This program can tweak/tune settings to boost connectivity and by slecting a default boosting profile, the program seemed to clear up my connection (ie. create more bandwith space). Fired up ESO and the wonky keyboard/mouse issues have gone and have not returned since.

No offense, but this sounds like an advertisement or just straight hype.

I'd be wary of anything that 'tweaks settings' without knowing what its doing behind the scenes. Can almost guarantee that bandwidth available is not the issue, so I'm not sure how it would provide more or clear up existing.

It seems to be a sync/queue issue with ESO. Sometimes it does it for a second, sometimes it get really far behind (10-15 seconds) as mentioned prior.

Without knowing how they handle keyboard capture, it's hard to say what the cause is within the code. I'm assuming the keys are captured in one spot and sent to subroutines accordingly, but unless it gets caught up in an unintended loop, even multiple subs shouldn't allow it to get that far behind.

I have equal difficulty believing it's a network/sync issue between client and server.

I've had two different version of this - one where it does nothing at all, and the other where it continues doing the last thing.

One will get you killed due to nonresponse. One will happily run you right off a cliff edge.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Smartbean
    Smartbean
    No advertisement or hype, it was actually offered by the customer support person I e-mailed with. Here's a quote of the e-mail:
    Lastly, you can try a program call TweakMASTER. It will change your settings to optimize your performance of the game. Alot of players report big improvements after using this program.
    But of course, it's fair enough (and wise) to have your reservations about software that tweaks settings :smile:
    Edited by Smartbean on August 26, 2014 7:24PM
  • whitehouse260b14_ESO
    whitehouse260b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    When I play eso on my laptop after a while it remaps the keys (esc becomes start) on its own and the mouse stops working anyone else have this problem?
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smartbean wrote: »
    No advertisement or hype, it was actually offered by the customer support person I e-mailed with. Here's a quote of the e-mail:
    Lastly, you can try a program call TweakMASTER. It will change your settings to optimize your performance of the game. Alot of players report big improvements after using this program.
    But of course, it's fair enough (and wise) to have your reservations about software that tweaks settings :smile:

That's all very well, but TweakMaster is not free software, there's a free trial period but you are supposed to buy a license to use it.
    That is going to stick in peoples' throats, if the customer service for a game that they pay a sub for, recommends paying for another unrelated bit of software in order that it works well.
    IMO even if you can reuse the free trial over and over, that is not an acceptable solution (given that it is ultimately financially hurting the developers of that software), and should not even be suggested by customer service.
    Edited by Epona222 on August 28, 2014 7:28AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Fozzman
    Fozzman
    Soul Shriven
    Anyone discover a true fix for this issue? Several times an hour my mouse/KB will stop responding in game for 2-5 seconds. Doesn't happen in other games like Skyrim with the high-res pack installed so I know it's not my KB/Mouse.
  • Wompoo
    Wompoo
    Noticed this happening as well... I have 2 Razor Nagas tried both and the same problem, all drivers updated... only game (or more specifically MMO) with this problem is ESO. USB drivers and mouse drivers all up dated.