Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »
    I'll have to look for it so I'll post it later when I get home from work.

Thanks. Much appreciated.
    PS4 Pro NA
    Options
  • TigerSeptim
    TigerSeptim
    ✭✭
    Any chance we could see some more protective models for women's light and medium armor? I have a few female characters, and believe you-me, they don't want to take the chance of having their bellies slit so I go with heavy gear all 'round. I realize (correct me if I'm wrong, please) most of this game's players are male, but that's no excuse. Women in warfare need to be protected just as much as men; somehow I doubt Joan of Arc rode into battle with her navel exposed, fashion be hanged.

Options
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance we could see some more protective models for women's light and medium armor? I have a few female characters, and believe you-me, they don't want to take the chance of having their bellies slit so I go with heavy gear all 'round. I realize (correct me if I'm wrong, please) most of this game's players are male, but that's no excuse. Women in warfare need to be protected just as much as men; somehow I doubt Joan of Arc rode into battle with her navel exposed, fashion be hanged.

Fashion can be good for role playing also... Can we have both?? B)
    Options
  • TigerSeptim
    TigerSeptim
    ✭✭
    I dunno; are you prepared to face an outraged Khajiit? ;) But seriously, let's remember that things have changed quite a bit since Roman times, those being the historical era T.E.S is based on. Modern fashion may dictate that women flaunt their
    skin as much as possible, but have you any proof that this was so in Roman times? And let's face it- when you're in combat your looks are probably the last thing on your mind, with survival and victory being the first two.

On the subject of improving gameplay: I like having fog of war on my maps; it's more fun to fill things in (the first time, anyhow) than to have the whole area on my map before I've actually been there. I'm using an addon- True Exploration- but is it possible you could add this feature as an option? That way everyone's happy- those who like fog of war and those who don't or are indifferent to it.

In particular, it gives things more of an Elder Scrolls feel when dungeon interiors have to be discovered step by step. You could leave the zone maps alone, though, especially towns; maybe add a message or a quest item representing the character's map so it's that bit more immersive. Thanks for your consideration.
    Edited by TigerSeptim on 11 November 2015 00:49
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair @TigerSeptim Light Armor tears pretty easily anyway and Medium Armor is supposed to be a compromise between protection and mobility lol

Also @Tholian1 by making Laurels BoP it actually encourages people to do Undaunted stuff to get it! I know there will be people that will gripe about having to put the effort in but to be fair people have been asking for some incentive for awhile to do that stuff and I'd say that's pretty good incentive lol
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on 11 November 2015 04:30
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey
    Here's a serious ESO live question:
    Has any consideration been given toward closing this 123 page thread, and instead, creating a new thread, with the episode number, and future air date in the title, for each new ESO live episode?

---End of question---

If this has not yet been considered, I would like to suggest doing just that, in a heavily moderated thread, in which every post was a question directed to ZOS, or an answer from ESO live, as it pertains to the current game.
    I believe this was the original intent of this thread.

It would be nice to get back on track, in a new set of threads, by keeping the questions, and removing all answer / comment posts that do not come directly from ZOS. If this comes to pass, the thread could be reasonably updated, by ZOS, with answers to those questions, and then closed, after the episode has aired.

I believe this would address three factors:
    Most players would probably prefer to search here for "Official answers" to their questions.
    Most players would also probably prefer to post here, hoping their question would not be buried under the non-official answers from random community members.
    ZOS staff would have an easier time finding relevant questions for the "ESO Live: Ask Us Anything" segment.

Additional benefit: This may also cure the seemingly profound need by, no doubt, well meaning players to answer questions that are not directed at them.

Valid, official answers, from ZOS, are too difficult to find. Can we get that fixed in a series of threads, like I suggested?
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GTech_1 wrote: »
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey
    Here's a serious ESO live question:
    Has any consideration been given toward closing this 123 page thread, and instead, creating a new thread, with the episode number, and future air date in the title, for each new ESO live episode?

---End of question---

If this has not yet been considered, I would like to suggest doing just that, in a heavily moderated thread, in which every post was a question directed to ZOS, or an answer from ESO live, as it pertains to the current game.
    I believe this was the original intent of this thread.

It would be nice to get back on track, in a new set of threads, by keeping the questions, and removing all answer / comment posts that do not come directly from ZOS. If this comes to pass, the thread could be reasonably updated, by ZOS, with answers to those questions, and then closed, after the episode has aired.

I believe this would address three factors:
    Most players would probably prefer to search here for "Official answers" to their questions.
    Most players would also probably prefer to post here, hoping their question would not be buried under the non-official answers from random community members.
    ZOS staff would have an easier time finding relevant questions for the "ESO Live: Ask Us Anything" segment.

Additional benefit: This may also cure the seemingly profound need by, no doubt, well meaning players to answer questions that are not directed at them.

Valid, official answers, from ZOS, are too difficult to find. Can we get that fixed in a series of threads, like I suggested?

There are still a large number of unanswered questions in this thread so I doubt it'll ever close lol

Whenever players do answer questions in Zenimax's stead it is because they happen to know the answer to it as actually provided by a reliable source and/or Zenimax themselves. Most people usually don't bother to check past feeds or anything but for those that do or wish to they can be found on their twitch channel right here: http://twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/profile/past_broadcasts but seeing as we understand how tedious it can be to peruse all that we offer the answers regardless. It is unfortunate but Zenimax does not always have time to answer our questions on the spot and no doubt they like to let the community answer for them whenever the answer is correct lol (can't confirm this, but it's still possible :p )

As for your concern though they never update this thread when an answer is given in the segments anyway, we actually usually do that ourselves if we see fit to and it was our question answered. If it is any consolation though I myself have suggested similar things such as a sticky that informs us of all issues known by Zenimax.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on 11 November 2015 05:35
    Options
  • Pistolera_ESO
    Pistolera_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the bear mounts! :love:
    -Guildies-
    Tyrs Paladium
    Options
  • NightRibon23444
    Why don't you ZOS members ever do anything. Maybe balance the PvP out. Stop baby the non vest with the BS health. There is NON VET campaigns for them.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is ZOS EVER going to address or even acknowledge the fact that Imperial City is positioned incorrectly?
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As for your concern though they never update this thread when an answer is given in the segments anyway, we actually usually do that ourselves if we see fit to and it was our question answered. If it is any consolation though I myself have suggested similar things such as a sticky that informs us of all issues known by Zenimax.

What would be useful is to have a thread that only ZOS could post in which was filled with the answers that people might be looking for. For example, question responses have sometimes been posted in this thread after ESO Live AUA sessions (such as this one). If these could be kept separately, they could be referred to easily by newcomers (because there wouldn't be question spam) and people asking questions that have already been answered could be referred there directly.

Sadly this habit seems to have fallen by the wayside somewhat...
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is there anything on the horizon for S&B updates? It is long overdue for some tuning.

Is there any talk about making health a worthwhile stat? It's required for tanks, but scales exceptionally poorly, offering up nothing more than a deeper pool of effective HP that a healer can heal. How about potentially making health regeneration a % instead of a flat numeric value?

Hybrid builds are unattractive. Content difficulty has reached the point where hybrids perform incredibly poorly compared to maximum stam or magicka builds. Hybrid DPSers/Healers are currently unable to provide a meaningful amount of damage or healing to the team leaving them far behind the metrics the developer team has put in place for designing content difficulty. Is this on anyone's radar?

The amount of available armor penetration in the game is traumatic to heavy armor users in PVP. Heavy Armor passives are very, very lackluster in this regard compared to LA and MA. Potential rework and changing the values coming in for HA?
    Edited by usmcjdking on 12 November 2015 05:11
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »

What would be useful is to have a thread that only ZOS could post in which was filled with the answers that people might be looking for. For example, question responses have sometimes been posted in this thread after ESO Live AUA sessions (such as this one). If these could be kept separately, they could be referred to easily by newcomers (because there wouldn't be question spam) and people asking questions that have already been answered could be referred there directly.

I hear ya, but sadly even if Zenimax did do this newcomers would still overlook it and ask their questions anyway lol
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Is there anything on the horizon for S&B updates? It is long overdue for some tuning.

Is there any talk about making health a worthwhile stat? It's required for tanks, but scales exceptionally poorly, offering up nothing more than a deeper pool of effective HP that a healer can heal. How about potentially making health regeneration a % instead of a flat numeric value?

Hybrid builds are unattractive. Content difficulty has reached the point where hybrids perform incredibly poorly compared to maximum stam or magicka builds. Hybrid DPSers/Healers are currently unable to provide a meaningful amount of damage or healing to the team leaving them far behind the metrics the developer team has put in place for designing content difficulty. Is this on anyone's radar?

The amount of available armor penetration in the game is traumatic to heavy armor users in PVP. Heavy Armor passives are very, very lackluster in this regard compared to LA and MA. Potential rework and changing the values coming in for HA?

It has actually been suggested before that Health have a cumulative effect on Defense as well, and frankly I kind of agree with that suggestion. Personally though I like having a lot of Health to make me less squishy even if it has no alternate influence like Magicka and Stamina do.

While your point on hybrids is valid it all boils down to playing your way no matter what. Those that are swayed by the pursuit of power that the meta and competitive players go for tend to abandon this for sure due to specializing being more, well, specialized lol but yeah I don't think there is much that can be done about hybrid builds because you technically take from one to give to the other and that has always been the way hybrid builds have been in just about any MMORPG. Who knows though, maybe Zenimax will surprise us lol

I've actually thought about how much people rely on Armor and Spell Penetration myself lately and in many cases the penetration bonuses are % based. I'd say a good way to help counter this is make Damage Shields ignore penetration. Armor Penetration isn't really as cumulative as Spell Penetration because Nirnhoned gives Spell Penetration in larger quantity than Sharpened gives both penetrations. Perhaps it would be prudent to make a trait that can block a certain % of penetration though? I honestly think Sturdy could benefit from doing this because let's face it nobody cares about reduced durability damage lol
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on 12 November 2015 07:05
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can kinda do that already. Start at the beginning (or the first post of answers) and just go through the staff posts.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Will the barber shop come with the thieves guild DLC?
    Options
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tholian1 wrote: »

Done and done

Sorry for not posting it yesterday. I got home and crashed on my couch for a good long while and forgot about this (it's been a long long week IRL).
    Options
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tholian1 wrote: »

Done and done

Sorry for not posting it yesterday. I got home and crashed on my couch for a good long while and forgot about this (it's been a long long week IRL).

Thank you, but the link just brings me to the beginning of this thread.

Edit- never mind. I saw the problem with the link and got to the right page. Thanks again.
    Edited by Tholian1 on 12 November 2015 19:05
    PS4 Pro NA
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I hear ya, but sadly even if Zenimax did do this newcomers would still overlook it and ask their questions anyway lol

It has actually been suggested before that Health have a cumulative effect on Defense as well, and frankly I kind of agree with that suggestion. Personally though I like having a lot of Health to make me less squishy even if it has no alternate influence like Magicka and Stamina do.

While your point on hybrids is valid it all boils down to playing your way no matter what. Those that are swayed by the pursuit of power that the meta and competitive players go for tend to abandon this for sure due to specializing being more, well, specialized lol but yeah I don't think there is much that can be done about hybrid builds because you technically take from one to give to the other and that has always been the way hybrid builds have been in just about any MMORPG. Who knows though, maybe Zenimax will surprise us lol

I've actually thought about how much people rely on Armor and Spell Penetration myself lately and in many cases the penetration bonuses are % based. I'd say a good way to help counter this is make Damage Shields ignore penetration. Armor Penetration isn't really as cumulative as Spell Penetration because Nirnhoned gives Spell Penetration in larger quantity than Sharpened gives both penetrations. Perhaps it would be prudent to make a trait that can block a certain % of penetration though? I honestly think Sturdy could benefit from doing this because let's face it nobody cares about reduced durability damage lol

I think everyone is on board for a general Health rework. It's not bad but the returns on it generally suck.

Hybrid builds could be fixed by reducing the amount per (max stat here) provides IRT to wep/spell damage & power. 75% is probably close to the right number as it will still put hybrids below the raw numbers produced by dedicated builds but increase their overall effectiveness as a majority of weapon/spell damage is still produced by set bonuses and legendary weapons.

This is a serious issue that plagued Neverwinter. It eventually broke the game beyond repair. It needs to be addressed and reduced long prior to the breaking point.
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I think everyone is on board for a general Health rework. It's not bad but the returns on it generally suck.

Hybrid builds could be fixed by reducing the amount per (max stat here) provides IRT to wep/spell damage & power. 75% is probably close to the right number as it will still put hybrids below the raw numbers produced by dedicated builds but increase their overall effectiveness as a majority of weapon/spell damage is still produced by set bonuses and legendary weapons.

This is a serious issue that plagued Neverwinter. It eventually broke the game beyond repair. It needs to be addressed and reduced long prior to the breaking point.

If Zenimax does decide to give hybrid builds any sort of bonus to make them more viable to competitive players they would have to make sure the same bonus cannot apply to specialized builds too. Would probably take some painstaking work to figure out a way but perhaps they may look into it someday. The balance request train never ends after all lol
    Options
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    You can kinda do that already. Start at the beginning (or the first post of answers) and just go through the staff posts.

I did, but I did it day-by-day and week-by-week rather than having to come at the whole 124 pages in one go, looking for staff posts which are comparatively rare in between player questions, conversations and spam.

I could certainly understand why someone would rather just post their question instead of checking through that lot to see if it had been asked/answered before.

A separate thread would consolidate the answers we have been given... and perhaps give ZOS a chance to produce the missing AUA answer posts as well. Much less daunting.
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

I did, but I did it day-by-day and week-by-week rather than having to come at the whole 124 pages in one go, looking for staff posts which are comparatively rare in between player questions, conversations and spam.

I could certainly understand why someone would rather just post their question instead of checking through that lot to see if it had been asked/answered before.

A separate thread would consolidate the answers we have been given... and perhaps give ZOS a chance to produce the missing AUA answer posts as well. Much less daunting.

If what you are asking for is a thread made by Zenimax to list in a single post issues they know of and are working or will work on I have suggested that in the past myself. Doubt it'll ever happen though...
    Options
  • crazyflump
    crazyflump
    ✭✭✭
    As a player that admits that occasionally i can get a bit vocal when fighting the enemy (in the game) much to my kids gasping at my language, there is one thing i would like to have going on whilst the battles, im not dissing the music because it is amazing, but i would love to have Ride of the Valkyries play whilst dungeons maybe you could have a player choice of music just for dungeon etc because as i said the music on here is brilliant

Options
  • lloydard
    lloydard
    lloydard wrote: »
    Hi!!

Is there a plan to make a mobile version of the forum website?

Love browsing the forums but I'd certainly be more active if the site was easier to read using my mobile device.

Thanks for reading!

Lloyd

Oh my god you did it!!! Thanks so much!!!
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    When do you plan on fixing some of the many bugs in Veteran Maelstrom arena? (if you are not aware of bugs i can help)

And do you plan to make some of the gear Bound on Equip?
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Heroborg
    Heroborg
    ✭✭
    Will all of Tamriel be added eventually, and where are Armor previews?
    Daggerfall Covenant Loyalist
    Options
  • VelociousLegend
    VelociousLegend
    ✭✭✭
    Will VR15 and VR16 materials be more easily accessible outside of purchasing with telvar stones (AP or resource nodes for example)? In addition, could someone explain the vision or future of veteran ranks in more details for what is planned?
    Xbox - NA
    GT: VelociousLegend
    PC - NA
    @VelociousLegend

"All gave some. Some gave all."
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, just a curious question: is the underwater content going to be introduced with Murkmire :)?

please answer yes and let it be true :)!!

so I guess like, Q1 Dark Brotherhood, Q2 Thieves guild, Q3 Murkmire? :)?
    Edited by altemriel on 13 November 2015 21:02
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is Murkmire going to free (like Craglorn), or is it going to be a paid DLC?
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @altemriel I wouldn't hold my breath (pun sort of intended) for underwater content in ESO. The dev team has a hard time thinking/programming/designing 3 dimensionally. Also, I really don't think there will EVER be a "free" DLC. Craglorn was released during the subscription phase of ESO. That's over. All is for-pay now.

If you subscribe to ESO+ all DLC is "free" in the sense that you don't have to pay more than your regular subscription to access them.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heroborg wrote: »
    Will all of Tamriel be added eventually

Of course it will! Otherwise it isn't "Tamriel Unlimited" lol
    Will VR15 and VR16 materials be more easily accessible outside of purchasing with telvar stones (AP or resource nodes for example)? In addition, could someone explain the vision or future of veteran ranks in more details for what is planned?

Rank 10 Materials will be obtainable in Wrothgar and Cyrodiil via regular nodes if you have the specified craft maxed out as of the Orsinium patch (PC already has this), but you won't always get them. As for Vet Ranks Zenimax is working on ways to iron out the issues involved with removing them and once they have they will remove them. This will take some time though so expect at least mid next year as a safe estimate to hear anything on it, but not a guaranteed estimate.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.