The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Server maintenance times

• LoLEProps
    LoLEProps
    Wow, searching for pictures of "gold begging" on Bing did not come up with what I expected to see... or what I wanted to see. Is that some kind of phrase for something I didn't know about?
  • Cry_Wolfe
    Cry_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    Shiva wrote: »
    As a LONG time gamer and vet of MANY MMO's I must say this is all MY fault...

Every time I take a day off of work to be able to maximize my early access the damn servers go down... Seriously.

As for NOT buying for Early Access - hogwash. Seriously. But for not expecting there to be down time... I must say that those who are surprised by it are really, really short sighted and completely inexperienced in gaming and software development in general.

actually its all on the Beta Testers.. they didnt do their job right, and now us early adopters are being punished for it....
  • dfwmikey74
    dfwmikey74
    ✭✭
    teajb wrote: »
    Too bad they cant just use all 10,000 of us who have been sitting here hours doing nothing to get the server maintenance done faster

It would've taken longer just to get all of us organized in order to help out.

• Nights_Watch
    Nights_Watch
    Soul Shriven
    The 12 hour downtime so far is annoying, but not all that upsetting for a new game launch. What ticks me off is the lack of communication on their part.

They gave NO indication of any type of time frame. All they said was "maintenance"...they didn't say this was a game patch, a server upgrade, routine or whether it was planned or not.

How difficult is it to say "we're expecting between x-x hours for the downtime, will keep you updated." Leaving us hanging this long is ridiculous; every other game company gives their customers a time frame so we can plan around it.
  • OverlordMaximus
    Well. Here's hoping my 24-hour research is still going in real time. Because I do not want to wait an extra 12+ hours for a re-enforced set of leggings :I
  • typeopymp
    typeopymp
    ✭✭
    anthemik wrote: »
    typeopymp wrote: »
    Hey you know it is spring take a walk, ride a bike, get out of your basements, play a different game, have sex with someone, or your self. I don't know just don't sit in front of your comp for 8 hours.

I can have sex with someone else?!?!?!?

Do they have to know about it or agree to it?

As my gaming group learned from 3rd edition D&D, if it's unconscious, it's a willing creature.

Best..... Response..... EVAR!!
    NA server: Ariseth Nightvale Level XX Bosmer Nightblade. Daggerfall.
  • T3CHN01221
    T3CHN01221
    ✭✭
    I LOVE LAMP!
  • Zaggolf
    Zaggolf
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm serving chicken parm for lunch if anyone is hungry..
    Fanboy's don't keep a game running! GAMER'S DO!!!
  • Shiva
    Shiva
    Kerannis wrote: »
    I'm impressed with how few bugs there are in such a huge, expansive, complex game that allows us to play it the way we want to play it. I have played much less complex games that are less polished and have regular server down time to fix issue after issue, constant server crashes, a good year after the game launched.

It's the little things that impress me with this game. Down time sucks. But would we all rather they didn't launch the game now and held off another few years?

Agreed.

What most people don't know and will not acknowledge is that MMOs are very complicated software - each fix you create has the potential of undoing another function or feature and its an iterative - meaning repetitive - process. Unless of course you don't want them to add features or content - then it can stay pretty much bug free when you don't change ANYTHING.
  • Kadigan
    Kadigan
    ✭✭✭
    Kadigan wrote: »
    Just a thought - let's not be that guild that advertises unnecessarily.

Downtime Defenders was CREATED in this channel by the forum users... Please read pages 1-80. :smiley:
    I did, that's why I'm here. :p
    All the cool kids already know what's up or know where to find more information, so there's no need to become that guild that spam advertises everywhere looking for new members. Just sayin, we're better than that. Keep it fun and simple!
    Daggerfall Covenant: Fork-Stealer, Argonian Dragonknight
    Aldmeri Dominion: Kadigan, Bosmer Nightblade
    Let's be civil, shall we?
  • T3CHN01221
    T3CHN01221
    ✭✭
    Well. Here's hoping my 24-hour research is still going in real time. Because I do not want to wait an extra 12+ hours for a re-enforced set of leggings :I

DEV's confirmed the research would continue :)
  • Myrdreth
    Myrdreth
    ✭✭✭
    HarryWolfe wrote: »
    actually its all on the Beta Testers.. they didnt do their job right, and now us early adopters are being punished for it....

Should we go monkey hunting now?

~ ♥ ~
  • Shadowreborn
    Zaggolf wrote: »

see! now I'm hungry, dang it.

• LoLEProps
    LoLEProps
    Woah, the servers are ACTUALLY back up now! Yea!
  • ecceau
    ecceau
    ✭✭
    This thread is insane! Some of you won't be awake enough for playing when the server goes on again :P ...I hope I will
    Edited by ecceau on April 2, 2014 5:16PM
  • Trevolock
    Trevolock
    Disregard this post.
    Edited by Trevolock on April 2, 2014 5:21PM
  • elfindreams
    elfindreams
    ✭✭
    T3CHN01221 wrote: »
    I LOVE LAMP!

And the holy golden vestments of polyester?

• Kybotica
    Kybotica
    ✭✭✭
    LoLEProps wrote: »
    Wow, searching for pictures of "gold begging" on Bing did not come up with what I expected to see... or what I wanted to see. Is that some kind of phrase for something I didn't know about?

What was that rule, 34? Yeah, there's always something bad to accompany every search.....Prob gonna grab some lunch since I have nothing better to do while waiting for work time.
    M'iaq the Honest- PC/NA
    EP Khajiit Nightblade
    Guild of Shadows
  • Sheonuff
    Sheonuff
    my concern is that there will be reviews based on a "so-called" failed launch instead of the proactivity to fix it.
  • Cry_Wolfe
    Cry_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    anthemik wrote: »
    i'm not usually a trollish type of person or the type of person to enjoy schadenfreude, but the intensity of sincere butthurt some of you guys are experiencing dude to giving a *** about other people in this thread giving you sarcastic or know-it-all or otherwise assholish replies to your comments is just breath-taking. just ignore them, why even dignify it with a pissed off response? unless you are just feeding into it so we can reach 100 pages before we're back up. in that case, carry on, i guess.
    i disagree wholeheartedly, you sir are a fop :expressionless: i find your face as offensive to my vision as your rear is to my nose.

a Fop and a Gad I call thee :expressionless:

Harry, UMG... (thats both omg as in oh my god and um... as in um... like when you say something and im just like um.... cuz it's so awkward) how dare u

aah.. i always though OMG stood for On My Guard, and UM meant Ure Mum..

awk-much :wink:

oh and I dare.. I very, very dare.

How dare you! How very, very dare you!
  • dfwmikey74
    dfwmikey74
    ✭✭

Most of it seems pretty normal, the rest looks like some of my old friends.

• acespades100
    acespades100
    ✭✭
    Zaggolf wrote: »

see! now I'm hungry, dang it.
    does it increase health or just stamina? lol
  • Zaggolf
    Zaggolf
    ✭✭✭
    The 12 hour downtime so far is annoying, but not all that upsetting for a new game launch. What ticks me off is the lack of communication on their part.

They gave NO indication of any type of time frame. All they said was "maintenance"...they didn't say this was a game patch, a server upgrade, routine or whether it was planned or not.

How difficult is it to say "we're expecting between x-x hours for the downtime, will keep you updated." Leaving us hanging this long is ridiculous; every other game company gives their customers a time frame so we can plan around it.

Sarenia wrote: »

The question on everybody's mind:

Can we get a rough ballpark ETA? Because you ladies and gentleman have been dangling a carrot in front of us.

That's why people are agitated. Some of us have been here almost 8 hours waiting around, and seeing "Soon(tm)" messages.

If someone had told us 8 hours ago "We'll be down for a while, please check in in the morning" I would have gone to sleep.

And this is a dev response=

Totally understandable and fair, @Sarenia. You're right. We'll keep that in mind if we have a long downtime like this again. For now, to be on the safe side, we're looking at a few hours, possibly less.
    Fanboy's don't keep a game running! GAMER'S DO!!!
  • typeopymp
    typeopymp
    ✭✭
    20130216032620a0defo98rfkx33s6.jpg
    NA server: Ariseth Nightvale Level XX Bosmer Nightblade. Daggerfall.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold digger is a derogatory phrase used against women. Probably some link to that.

Bing is just a bad search engine. Try DuckDuckGo.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Shadowreborn
    Woah, the servers are ACTUALLY back up now! Yea!

and sweetrolls be sweetrollin'

• Earthlybeast
    Shiva wrote: »
    As a LONG time gamer and vet of MANY MMO's I must say this is all MY fault...

Every time I take a day off of work to be able to maximize my early access the damn servers go down... Seriously.

As for NOT buying for Early Access - hogwash. Seriously. But for not expecting there to be down time... I must say that those who are surprised by it are really, really short sighted and completely inexperienced in gaming and software development in general.

how is it on the beta testers? u do relise coding is complicated. during beta not everything was unlocked. the monkey pet for example can break things by its code being ingame. simple as that. it was untested and took around 50k+ players to see a bug. do thing 1 way it will work fine, player does it same way with different armor then a bug might appear
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We're in the final stages of QA testing the new patch on the live server, then we'll re-open it to all of you. ETA is between 2:00 and 2:30 PM EDT. If that changes, we'll let you know.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • SuperJChat
    SuperJChat
    ✭✭✭
    By the Nine! It is nearly impossible to keep up with all the messages, especially when I have to type my own xD You guys have been more active than ever now.

The Downtime Defenders wish to thank all of you for participation it what has undoubtedly been a stressful and disheartening day/night, but take heart for we shall be released upon the wilds soon enough my friends =)

Keep it up guys!
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭

I've generally ignored these posts, but I'll make attempt at reason and let it go:

They needed to perform maintenance on the server. Maybe they thought it would take two hours, or maybe four. It's taken more than that.

Imagine how people would have reacted if they had said: "Okay, it'll back up in two hours." Then they had to come back and say, "No, make that four hours." And so on.

"Communicating" is a truly a double edged sword. You might have been satisfied, but someone else would have been outraged.
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...