The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Feedback Thread for Wrothgar

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the new zone of Wrothgar. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes:
  • How did you find the overall difficulty, specifically with lower-level characters?
  • Did you find you can enter Wrothgar at any level and still have fun?
  • Did you feel like the guard presence in Orsinium was adequate without being overbearing?
  • Did you happen to steal any fun items?
  • Were the Refugees located in helpful areas?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will get to specific feedback in a bit once I've taken a couple of characters to Wrothgar, but for the opening quest of the DLC ("Invitation for Orsinium") I am guessing that the messenger (Stuga) and the ambassador (Lazgara) are still being completed in terms of voice overs? I hope. The former has no speech animation or vocalization, the second seems to use a computer text-to-speech program for part of the dialogue. After you first reach Wrothgar, Kemaz also falls silent in a couple of places. And the dunmer, Fedar Githrano, speaks the wrong dialogue when you first talk to him (as if you had already accepted his quest). Got some bug reports to write...
    Edited by tinythinker on October 6, 2015 6:53PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I posted a thread about the world bosses being incredibly easy- at least for vr16 players. They are easily soloed.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just a heads up that we're aware the combat overall is a bit too easy in Wrothgar at the moment. We'll be tweaking the difficulty while this is on the PTS with the goal that everyone, at any level, finds it somewhat challenging.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a heads up that we're aware the combat overall is a bit too easy in Wrothgar at the moment. We'll be tweaking the difficulty while this is on the PTS with the goal that everyone, at any level, finds it somewhat challenging.

It's actually quite odd, I'm doing REALLY low damage (like half, as if these mobs have battle spirit) compared to other PvE areas, but mobs are still exploding. Is there some sort of hidden scaling down that's happening in Orsinium?
    Edited by Gilliamtherogue on October 6, 2015 7:00PM
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's actually quite odd, I'm doing REALLY low damage (like half, as if these mobs have battle spirit) compared to other PvE areas, but mobs are still exploding. Is there some sort of hidden scaling down that's happening in Orsinium?

I noticed this as well.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I'm not liking is the "Crown Store" pop up on my screen advertising every time I enter a new zone.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Weird, my Argonian Templar (V15) feels like she is using up more magicka than she used to in overland battles fighting against the mobs you meet when you first enter the zone and she's taking heavy damage. I can deal with it, but the fights for that character in that particular spot seemed a little on the workout side rather than a breeze. Will see if mobs in other spots are easier.

EDIT: The harpies by Nikolvara's Kennel seemed like an average challenge (not hard at all), but the boss inside was definitely tough. And again with running out of magicka quickly. Has there been an increase to the cost of magicka Templar abilities in the past month? Hmm. Anyway, for my first character through this zone doesn't seem like a push-over so far.
    Edited by tinythinker on October 6, 2015 7:22PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are 3/4 of the bookshelves actually holding lorebooks or is that notification popping up so often when I click on them a bug?

As for stealing fun items, yes, I picked an advanced lock to someone's house and rummaging around I found a Morkul-Forged Tea Kettle (green item): "This kettle is absurdly heavy and features a series of hard, sharp edges--perfect for making tea or slaying your enemies."
    Edited by tinythinker on October 6, 2015 8:29PM

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I'm not liking is the "Crown Store" pop up on my screen advertising every time I enter a new zone.
    Haven't started the PTS yet, but is that for "Featured Items"? If so, I think that's a bug. According to the Patch Notes, they should be occurring once per account (not even once per character).
    Crown Store
    General
    • The Crown Store will now able to display Limited Time Offers.
    • Announcements for featured Crown Store items will now display upon login, and will only reappear when the featured section has changed if the prompt is dismissed.
      • Note: These will only appear once per account, not each time you log into a new character.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a really hard time accessing this. First I had to pay crowns, even though it said I was already subscribed to it. Then, in order to get the courier to show up, I had to log out and back in.
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Me too.

Is this necessary? Why not have the screen pop up once and then click a box to NOT have it pop up unless we want it to?
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Weird, my Argonian Templar (V15) feels like she is using up more magicka than she used to in overland battles fighting against the mobs you meet when you first enter the zone and she's taking heavy damage. I can deal with it, but the fights for that character in that particular spot seemed a little on the workout side rather than a breeze. Will see if mobs in other spots are easier.

EDIT: The harpies by Nikolvara's Kennel seemed like an average challenge (not hard at all), but the boss inside was definitely tough. And again with running out of magicka quickly. Has there been an increase to the cost of magicka Templar abilities in the past month? Hmm. Anyway, for my first character through this zone doesn't seem like a push-over so far.

Also notice my magicka seems to be running low very fast. Not sure if it's just because I am doing half damage (bug) or if it's something else.
  • ikaribachib14_ESO
    For the most part I feel like this is the Phantom Menace of DLC releases.

Let's start with the pretty stuff:

Hrothgar. Looks like a proper city.
    Music. Decent.

The bad:
    Our introducer/inviter is one of The Literally Demon-spawned Pig Children creations of the Evil Malacath. Sitting right in the middle of Davon's Watch, beckoning me to cross enemy lines and help an evil enemy king secure his throne and rebuild a city that was an evil scourge of Tamriel filled with Pig Children, and some how she's not gibbeted like she should be.
    At least make her hang out in the Thieve's Guild or something.

Then I'm supposed to help out and eradicate traitors in his midst rather than meet up with them and help them bring him down. Then I'm supposed to help resurrect this evil city so the Orismer, the "Pariah People" can once again ravage the world.

Why would anyone, anywhere in the world want a resurgent Orsinium? Who but the most depraved, evil, rancid souls would do this? Who but the worst necromancers and marauders do this?

I guess if Zenimax wound up doing LOTRO, they'd be giving people a DLC to happily deliver Frodo to Sauron. Maybe have us go help The Lord of the Nazghul with a few of his problems.

I haven't played through the whole thing but if we're not at least given the option of killing this guy and his mom, razing the city and putting the populace to the sword, then I honestly can't imagine participating.

Edited by ikaribachib14_ESO on October 7, 2015 2:18AM
  • trippingchrissy
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    I had a really hard time accessing this. First I had to pay crowns, even though it said I was already subscribed to it. Then, in order to get the courier to show up, I had to log out and back in.

FWIW, I never got the courier to show up - I just shrined over to Wrothgar and found the dead messenger.
    ---
    Officer of House Reddoran, the official reddit guild for NA EP on PC/PS4/XB1
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is my feedback so far based on a few things I have seen:

#1:

The Maelstrom Great.Sword bonus is way OP and needs to be fixed asap.

Also they need to fix the attack amount for all Staves and Bows because they are the same at all One handed weapons. They should be matching the attack amount for all Two handed weapons.

It is great you are giving PvPers something to buy with their AP that they can then can sell to others, but the prices are far, far too high, considering the conversion from AP to gold amount. I can see this actually hurting that rate because only people with a crap tonne of gold are going to be buying these motifs, especially on first release.

Frankly, a more reasonable amount, would be the following.

50K AP for chest, head, legs, swords, shields
    25K AP for staves, daggers, maces, axes
    10K AP for belt, gloves, boots
    500 AP for the style material (50 AP per scrap, 10 scraps needed)

That's still 380k AP for the full set, + 4000 - 5500 AP for the style material equally about 390k AP for everything.
    Now, depending on the AP to Gold conversion market is an actual reasonable amount. (245K V14 Ravagers sets were selling for 80-100k at their height before IC release). At least with the motifs, you could get a 1 for 1 gold to AP conversion which would be a reasonable price for every one.

It would allow those with lots of AP to be able to buy lots of these motifs and make lots of gold to buy what they need.
    It would allow those players who don't have 100's of 1000's or millions of gold saved up to be able to slowly save up to buy these pieces off of PVPlayers if they are not the type who like to PvP themselves.
    It would keep the prices in the guild stores for these motifs at a reasonable level after things settle down. There is always a mark up for the first month or so after release.

This makes gaining the motifs a much more attainable goal for the casual pvper (player who plays casually but mainly only pvp) and the more casual PVEr who may play very little PvP.

The current prices is a blantant Crown Store purchase bait and only the most hard core PVPers are going to be able to afford them or those whom have owned the guild store markets for a long time. At the current prices, most casual/regular players are not going to be able to afford these motifs.

I am liking the way the nodes are found based on your crafting skill level. But, I do find that the "new" mat nodes are still very rare and need to be increased. If you are maxed out on your crafting skill, then ALL nodes should scale up to V15/16 mats. Not just some of them.

... I will add more as I come across them.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Jakhajay
    Jakhajay
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could not get into Wrothgar by the Bangkorai Gate near Troll's toothpick. No prompt appeared
    Sh'ira - One Eyed Tihm - Do'Mazar - Dar'Sol - Hazzahn - J'darr Sun-Arrow - Bishabi -J'manna - Narim Tollana - Abijah-Ra - Idhassi-Ko - Kajhe the Salty - Ti'lani - Sabhan-Dar - Palamai
    JakhajayAlt: Azala-Do - Saahni the Ohmes - S'aolla of the Darks - Zashima-La Ako'Zhajiit - Lo'Mai-Dro - Taheh-Do - Hrrula - Hatamira - Da'lai

Shield Anvil - Trake's Talons
    Knight Praefect - Knights of the Steel Claw

All Khajiit, All the time!
    For Elsweyr and her people!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's great to be in Wrothgar finally! Many thanks to the Art guys and gals for the fantastic scenery ...

j9BwcTt.jpg
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, the NPC's out in the world are rather easy but I think you need to take great care when you buff them. In many areas it's almost impossible to go ten feet without aggroing somebody or something. The density is much great than Craglorn. Healer-types and certain others might find it too difficult to move around and enjoy the surroundings if it's a constant death match.

Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Rykoth
    Rykoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the most part I feel like this is the Phantom Menace of DLC releases.

Let's start with the pretty stuff:

Hrothgar. Looks like a proper city.
    Music. Decent.

The bad:
    Our introducer/inviter is one of The Literally Demon-spawned Pig Children creations of the Evil Malacath. Sitting right in the middle of Davon's Watch, beckoning me to cross enemy lines and help an evil enemy king secure his throne and rebuild a city that was an evil scourge of Tamriel filled with Pig Children, and some how she's not gibbeted like she should be.
    At least make her hang out in the Thieve's Guild or something.

Then I'm supposed to help out and eradicate traitors in his midst rather than meet up with them and help them bring him down. Then I'm supposed to help resurrect this evil city so the Orismer, the "Pariah People" can once again ravage the world.

Why would anyone, anywhere in the world want a resurgent Orsinium? Who but the most depraved, evil, rancid souls would do this? Who but the worst necromancers and marauders do this?

I guess if Zenimax wound up doing LOTRO, they'd be giving people a DLC to happily deliver Frodo to Sauron. Maybe have us go help The Lord of the Nazghul with a few of his problems.

I haven't played through the whole thing but if we're not at least given the option of killing this guy and his mom, razing the city and putting the populace to the sword, then I honestly can't imagine participating.

You are aware that the Orsimer of The Elder Scrolls are not evil like the Orcs are from LOTR right?
    Gorthal gro-Gunthak, Chieftain of Mor'Grumaar
    Sigrun Elkhorn, Nordic Warrior and Skald

Mor'Grumaar - Orcish Stronghold Roleplay
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

That is a bug. :) The intended design is that it will only pop up when you first log in, and only when the featured item has changed or there's a new limited time offer.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing the last 24 hours and for some reason my game is crashing every couple of minutes. Not using add-ons, tried not riding a mount, tried a template character all sorts of things but it just keep on crashing for some reason and this is while just running through the wilds.

Anyone else having this issue I'm not sure what's causing it... <sigh>
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • ikaribachib14_ESO
    More feedback:

Being a Daggerfall-related city, Orsinium is a proper city. Good looking and complex it is very much unlike the half-hearted, completely uninspired and apathetic offerings reserved for the other factions.

However, in the rush to whitewash the orcs, what is most striking about the city is the utter lack of flavour, leading to the obvious observation that the population could easily be replaced with almost any other population of Tamriel and be completely unnoticable. It is staid, flavourless and without anything that would denote it as "orc". So what is left is bog standard $CITY without anything that would give us any cue that it is a city for any random, generic population. It could easily be a Nord city or even Imperial were it not simply for the infestation of the Pig Children. It could even be called antiseptic.

This is similar to the story provided here. Where a great story could have been constructed around the threat to Tamriel of a resurgent Orsinium and the necessity to once again unite Tamriel's greated hero's to defend the land against this growing scourge, we are instead presented with the more banal option, a generic standard narrative with anything interesting carefully titrated out of it quite possibly by committee.

Once again, the copypasta mad-libs plot where we have to rescue $KING to unite $KINGDOM against $OTHERGROUP.

Despite the king being a existential threat to all the land, his kingdom being a people who are the spawn of Malacath, the most evil of the daedra and the the the apotheosis of the excrement left over from Boethiah's consumption of dead and destroyed Trinimac.

Orsinium could do with some orc flair. Some open rubbish pits and corpses from Malacath-fueled feuds. Some orc bravos assaulting people in alleys for the sake of their daedric progenitor.

Instead what we are presented with is the utter milquetoast and mealy-mouthed option. Honestly whoever keeps churning out this copypasta narrative needs to be put somewhere else.
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭

As a long-term subscriber, I also found it more difficult to access the DLC than expected.

Here's my experience, and what I found:
    My EP VR 16 Sorc was previously logged out in Crag.
    Other than the Crown Store pop up, there was no immediate indication that Orsinium was currently in-game.
    Since I keep up to date on everything ESO, I already knew about Orsinium. However, less informed individuals may miss out.

What I expected:
    A quest marker near the wayshrine, or on a bulletin board of some type, pointing me toward the starter quest, supposedly found in the Capital cities.
    Note: "Capital cities" was an information error on my part.
    Since the Crag quest was initially accessible through the Cap cities, my excited brain expected the same here. ;)

I headed to Mournhold.
    No marker was found, so I checked my map. The first wayshrine in Wrothgar was explored, and I could have immediately jumped to the location. However, I wanted to test the entire entry quest experience.

My wonderful wife, who also stays well informed, says to me "Wait, was it the capital cities, or the starter cities?"
    Knowing that she is also *Awesome*, I take her advice. B)

I head to Davon's Watch.
    Still no quest marker. I hunt around, and eventually, I find the new NPCs by sight, thanks to the Echetterre (sp?).
    Speaking to the supposed quest giver, I learned that I should have had an invitation letter of some type.
    Since I could not find any indication of a quest starter, and I had nothing in my mail, I jump directly to the wayshrine in Wrothgar.

Low and behold ... a dead orc messenger lies face-down in the dirt with a quest marker.
    The quest (basically) has me loot his unfortunate corpse, and grab his invitation.
    After this, I normally would have went straight on to Orsinium.
    Instead, I decide to head back to Davon's Watch, to see if this is the invitation the new NPC was looking for.

Sure enough, there was the quest pin, and this was the invitation. I took the ride she offered, which ported me to the gates of Wrothgar.

Now, while I, and many others, will be able to find our way into the DLC territory, my concern is for newer / less patient players. This took me roughly 35 minutes just to get into Wrothgar in the proper manner.

Possible solution(s): Trigger an auto-accept quest, much like with the Main Storyline quest steps from the prophet, which leads you to the quest giver in the starter cities; OR Trigger an auto-mail which includes the invitation letter, like the Undaunted quest chain.

Another possibility: Leave dead orc messengers laying about all over the place ... but that would be pretty messy. ;)

Hope this helps,
    ~GTech_1
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Haven't started the PTS yet, but is that for "Featured Items"? If so, I think that's a bug. According to the Patch Notes, they should be occurring once per account (not even once per character).
    Crown Store
    General
    • The Crown Store will now able to display Limited Time Offers.
    • Announcements for featured Crown Store items will now display upon login, and will only reappear when the featured section has changed if the prompt is dismissed.
      • Note: These will only appear once per account, not each time you log into a new character.

It pops up each time I zone somewhere. I hope it's a bug.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite being v15/16 and having clothier, blacksmithing and woodworking maxed and 10/10, mobs dropping rubedo and ruby ash and rubedite nodes seem exceedingly rare. Ancestor silk wasn't too bad, I saw a few of them; but if it's going to stay mixed, it's going to have to be a better spawn rate. People are going to be farming for V15/16 mats and it's going to be just as cutthroat as initial nirncrux was.

I didn't get to test as many pure water or potency rune nodes.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno - Are our characters supposed to have been copied over for testing.
    I only have access to Create new characters, Lowlevel Template and VR14 Template..

I did see some post regarding VR16 finding content too easy

I absolutely love the new content
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Logged in and created an Orsinium Template Ebonheart Pact Orc, Wuth-In Ogiim. Character loading screen appeared and reappeared several times before my toon was securely in Stonefalls.

Travelled to Maelstrom Arena but Messenger never appeared. Entered the first Arena without assigning any Skill Points and managed to survive about five minutes against NPC mob before I died. No great, but not bad.

Next, left Maelstrom Arena area and travelled to portal for Orsinium. Portal transition screen endless load. Had to close client. After Logout, when I logged in found myself again in Stonefalls. Transitioned to Maelstrom Arena, the to Orsinium portal. Tried to submit a bug report but the /bug report subtopic had no pull-downs to choose issue after the main selection so I could not submit. :disappointed:
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GTech_1 wrote: »

As a long-term subscriber, I also found it more difficult to access the DLC than expected.

Here's my experience, and what I found:
    My EP VR 16 Sorc was previously logged out in Crag.
    Other than the Crown Store pop up, there was no immediate indication that Orsinium was currently in-game.
    Since I keep up to date on everything ESO, I already knew about Orsinium. However, less informed individuals may miss out.

What I expected:
    A quest marker near the wayshrine, or on a bulletin board of some type, pointing me toward the starter quest, supposedly found in the Capital cities.
    Note: "Capital cities" was an information error on my part.
    Since the Crag quest was initially accessible through the Cap cities, my excited brain expected the same here. ;)

I headed to Mournhold.
    No marker was found, so I checked my map. The first wayshrine in Wrothgar was explored, and I could have immediately jumped to the location. However, I wanted to test the entire entry quest experience.

My wonderful wife, who also stays well informed, says to me "Wait, was it the capital cities, or the starter cities?"
    Knowing that she is also *Awesome*, I take her advice. B)

I head to Davon's Watch.
    Still no quest marker. I hunt around, and eventually, I find the new NPCs by sight, thanks to the Echetterre (sp?).
    Speaking to the supposed quest giver, I learned that I should have had an invitation letter of some type.
    Since I could not find any indication of a quest starter, and I had nothing in my mail, I jump directly to the wayshrine in Wrothgar.

Low and behold ... a dead orc messenger lies face-down in the dirt with a quest marker.
    The quest (basically) has me loot his unfortunate corpse, and grab his invitation.
    After this, I normally would have went straight on to Orsinium.
    Instead, I decide to head back to Davon's Watch, to see if this is the invitation the new NPC was looking for.

Sure enough, there was the quest pin, and this was the invitation. I took the ride she offered, which ported me to the gates of Wrothgar.

Now, while I, and many others, will be able to find our way into the DLC territory, my concern is for newer / less patient players. This took me roughly 35 minutes just to get into Wrothgar in the proper manner.

Possible solution(s): Trigger an auto-accept quest, much like with the Main Storyline quest steps from the prophet, which leads you to the quest giver in the starter cities; OR Trigger an auto-mail which includes the invitation letter, like the Undaunted quest chain.

Another possibility: Leave dead orc messengers laying about all over the place ... but that would be pretty messy. ;)

Hope this helps,
    ~GTech_1

What should happen, according to the Patch Notes, is that a live messenger should run up to you when you enter the starter city, who then points you to the new NPC.

What would be better is if that live messenger ran up to you when you entered any city, not just the starter cities, like the Prophet does for the Main Quest.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    2393920.jpg
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The program crashed when entering Zthenganaz. Restarting and re-entering crashed again.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone