The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cyodil Updates?

bitaken
bitaken
✭✭✭✭✭
This is a post from @ZOS_BrianWheeler that is more of a FAQ answer post.

Q: Are you all done building Cyrodiil or will there be any PvP updates?
A: There will be plenty of updates to Cyrodiil as the game lives on. There are already plans for the first few patches!

However, as we approach update 4 I wonder if the community has any ideas (beyond imperial city, campaign balances or class balances for PvP) for Cyrodil changes that could be coming in updates down the road?

I had a few so thought I would post them:

1) Some of the keeps need to be re-designed in my opinion. Some of them are very susceptible to attack (seriously DC built Aleswell in a ditch? Thought we were the money makers in this here civilization?) and others are very hard to mount any kind of siege on (tell me AD does not have an advantage there go AHEAD!!). I would like to see there be more of a balance in terms of the layout of the area surrounding the imperial keeps so that each alliance has one more vulnerable - and one much less vulnerable (say VERY tough to take or maintain siege on - Alessia is a good guideline!!) Imperial keep - and think about a new design motif for the edge keeps (Dragonclaw, Brindle, Drakelowe) Making the edge keeps a little more defender friendly - and possibly more guarded by NPC's as a sneak attack mounted on them requires quite the response time. I believe the three main home keeps are a good design, but we could use more uniqueness to them. I would love to see something unique about each layout at the home keeps for each faction. Something unique to Warden, Bloodmayne, Arrius, Glademist, Rayles etc that makes them very important keeps. Maybe there is an outcropping you can reach on the very top of Rayles/Glade and use for oil drops? Maybe there are archer slots at Bloodmayne that can be shot out of the keep, but if sieged become unusable? Maybe there are three postern doors on the ground floor at Kingscrest? That sort of thing. Just some unique attribute to them that would make them interesting to Defend / Attack - that makes each one a slightly different tactical fight. I believe that would add some flavor to the game :)

2) The recent update of guild tabards on the guards of claimed keeps looks great!! However, I would love for there to be a guild bounty point system (much like there was in DAOC) that allowed a guild to add extra NPC's at the cost of Guild Bounty Points. Allow PvP guilds to beef up their security at the keeps at the cost of Bounty points earned by that guild's members killing players. Not a massive difference in NPC quality - just quantity - that would differentiate that PvP guild claimed keep from some trading guild claiming a keep. Maybe make a total of 8 expandable NPC's and the officers of that guild can choose the type/location of those added NPC's.

3) Less trash mobs in the countryside. I am an avid PvP player. I want more open field fighting in this game. I want areas - beyond resources and keeps - that will be fun to fight in. The milegates become zerg v zerg - and the resource fights - while entertaining and profitable - become a siege battle to be won or lost on the specific location of the resource and a group's ability to remove enemy siege on the resource. I want there to be more open field combat. For that to occur - we need areas where there are A) no mobs B) Reasons to be traveling in a specific area C) Fun to be had for traveling in a specific area. I would urge the design team to look into how those types of areas could be developed in the existing map - without having to redesign the whole thing. We don't need a chokepoint for "farmers' I am asking for a nice open field area with some uphill/downhill/LOS issues where we can roam around and fight each other for tactical advantage.

Those are my biggest points of concern as the game goes forward. Obviously...Imperial City will be fun - but for me the Avid PvP player - I will be having fun clearing out enemy areas of the Imperial City - not killing mobs.

What other thoughts do people have on expanding or improving the Cyrodil gaming experience?

PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
  • bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumping an older thread - because some people seemed interested and because I do not want to write it over.
    PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
  • madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭

PvP players are more the unwanted red headed step children. We will see updates but most updates will focus on the PvE players.

Justice system will see some PvP elements.
    Imperial City will be PvP though it will include a lot of PvE elements.

Nothing else has really been talked about and the current PvP is still plagued by the same issues that never seem to be a priority for ZoS to fix. I expect to see more PvE added into Cyrodiil before I see more PvP content other then the Imperial city.
  • Braidas
    Braidas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keeps indeed need a redesign. They all more or less feel the same, and inner/home keeps each literally have the exact same inner layout. It should really be a huge effort capturing a keep, and if you lose it, it should be a huge loss - more than points on the scoreboard, something tangible.

I'd like to see larger-scale keeps in general and the requirements for capturing them be more than standing on 2 flags. Perhaps adding a flag to the top level would make it a bit more interesting, or putting flags on the outer wall towers to give you a fall back point in the keep. New seiges would be cool as well: ladders, seige towers, oliphants (please); we've tossed around ideas on the forums before. Point is, there're a lot of things that can be done to invigorate Cyrodiil and make seige warfare a lot more epic.

Obviously adding all these things at once isn't possible, but come on ZOS, give us something. We've been taking the same keeps for months, change something up.
  • Braidas
    Braidas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More open field battles would be awesome as well. The closest we get are at resos/milegates, which often end up involving chokepoints and oil anyway. I think the problem is there's really no reason to fight in between keeps, just a deadzone. If there were some type of open field objectives we'd have more of these battles and more fun riding from keep to keep.

4 major updates in, 2 of which have added new pve content, and no new pvp contet? GIVE THE PVP'ERS SOME LOVE
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the emptiness could be filled by supply warehouses or faction camps (like the Imperial camps). These locations could be protected by 2-3 guards and if a certain number (such as 5 or 10) of them are captured in enemy territory, then the capturing players (not the entire faction) wound gain some gold and a small buff to attributes or damage, for instance. If the locations are recaptured and the count drops below the threshold, then you lose the buff.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bitaken wrote: »
    What other thoughts do people have on expanding or improving the Cyrodil gaming experience?
    I have a brief wishlist for somewhat small changes to enhance the experience of fighting in the Alliance War, but I also would like bigger changes as well:
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • voth_ESO
    voth_ESO
    Never understood why they designed keeps the way they did. No Lord in his right mind would build a keep where siege could hit his keep but he cant use anti siege to take out their siege. Most keeps back in the day were build on hills with a clear view all around.
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    voth_ESO wrote: »
    Never understood why they designed keeps the way they did. No Lord in his right mind would build a keep where siege could hit his keep but he cant use anti siege to take out their siege. Most keeps back in the day were build on hills with a clear view all around.
    Being how they can't even get doors to work I'm not sure I want them messing with the current keeps too much but adding some new ones or new objectives Cyrodiil would be cool. I would really like to see a keep (of some importance of course) on a large hill that can be fought over.