The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Templar with Destro + Resto. This is THE build with everything. Kills anyone in 6 seconds guaranteed

monkeymystic
monkeymystic
✭✭✭✭✭
This is a thread to both help Templars that struggle with their build out, and also make it visible that Templars are really strong right now as well. I’m tired of hearing “templars are weak” from players reading rumors from templar stamina spammers that doesn't know any better, on too many forums.

I've not seen many others use the comp I'm mentioning, but I have played around with this setup in pvp, and so has my templar guildies. It is incredible.
People saying Templars are bad just don't have a clue and run around spamming 2H stamina abilities. Make a proper build and then talk please. Templars are beasts.

I have zero problems facing VR 10 DK’s and Sorcerors (unless they escape bolt) with this build, even if they are using Destro + Resto themselves.
The reason: Backlash and my dispels DESTROYS them.

My dispels gimp their damage a TON by removing their DoT which is where their main damage comes from, and backlash just push them into trying to survive before they die looking stupid :) It is too much burst for them, or anyone to handle in such a short amount of time. And with my defense bar, I can keep myself and my group alive very nicely at the same time as well.

This build is very effective and strong in solo PvP, group PvP, and PvE. Basically everything. You will be strong in both healing and doing damage anywhere you go.

In case you are a templar wondering what build to make to become strong, Destro + Resto is the way to go (I have not included quick siphon, because the 100% perma self healing buff bug is just TOO OP with this).

You should of course focus on stacking health and magicka enchants to softcap before you add any stamina. Use magicka and Stamina food buffs since health from food is still not 1.5x ratio.

Light armor is way better than heavy armor right now. The magicka cost reduction passives and spell penetration + 10% crit is ten times better than what heavy armor has to offer.
You could either go 7/7 light armor or maybe go with 5 light armor and 2 heavy armor (heavy chest and legs for extra armor, rest light).

Link to esohead build: Link to build

You can also insert Fire Rune/Volcanic Rune in this build for more AoE dmg/stuns, same with Immovable which is great in many PvP situations. Pulsar is another good morph instead of Elemental Ring, but Pulsar is waste if someone else is using it as well.

Soul Strike ultimate is another crazy 1v1 optional variant you can try (look in 1v1 rotation for more info).

I recommend using the addon “Wykkyd’s Outfitter” and use different ability loadouts depending if you need Immovable or not and so on.

The bonus of being a Templar is that you get double the amount of healing bonuses from both resto and restoring tree, making your heals superior to any other class, and incredible in group PvP/PvE.
This means you can make a build that is both very strong in offense AND a healing beast at the same time.

Now for the offensive part, you use the ability "Backlash" that stores up damage taken for 6 seconds (7.2 sec with dawn passive), and morph this into purifying light for even more group healing while you faceroll.
Destro staff will be your offensive bar while resto will be your defensive bar/group support bar with CC.

Rotation in 1v1:

You just open with binding javelin (or Toppling Charge as an option for gap closer and stun) to quickly knock them down and keep them down (the clunky CC break delay/lag will still keep them stunned a while), then cast backlash quickly, and swap to destro and use the abilities quickly in following order: Vampire's bane -> Solar barrage (gives 50 spell power buff on next spell) -> Elemental ring -> Biting Jabs (with its up to 80% crit rating passive starting to kick in as well..).
Now backlash will give 36% of that total burst damage instantly after 7.2 seconds (with dawn passive) and will hurt like HELL (..and heal your group). It will be 1 insane burst followed by another insane backlash burst, just to show them who is boss.

Vampire's bane is a cheap cost ability, but also VERY strong ranged single target DPS spell with it's DoT. Its DoT duration also synergize perfectly with Backlash duration, making it as effective and strong as possible on single targets, as you only want to use vampire's bane once per backlash rotation.

If you want to be REALLY evil in 1v1, you can also swap one of the ultimates out for "Soul Strike".

Cast backlash, stun them and quickly cast Soul Strike ultimate while they are stunned.. :)
That stuff will hurt so badly, especially when backlash hits them right after when they get out of stun hehe. It is funny to kill VR 10 Sorcerors and DK’s in a few seconds like this!

Rotation for AoE burst damage:

The AoE dmg rotation of Solar Barrage (50 spell power and wep power buff on next ability) -> Elemental Ring -> Solar Barrage (new buff on next ability) -> Elemental Ring spam over and over is very strong. Solar barrage is a fast animation just like impulse/elemental ring, so when you spam them together it is REALLY fast AoE dps where 1 buffs the other over and over :) You have Biting Jabs on your bar that you can use in this rotation as well, and biting jabs' up to 70% crit rating (up to 80% with passives lol) on low HP target is SICK :D

Now in general play, always keep elemental drain up on your target since it will give you TONS of magicka back along with debuff.

For AoE, remember to always use solar barrage first for the spell power/weapon power buff, then use elemental ring after.

For a gap closer, you can change Javelin with Toppling charge (this stuns as well with 22 meter range).

Hope you like it as much as me and my guildies does, it is faceroll in both small/large group PvP and 1v1 :)
It will also work very well in PvE.
Edited by monkeymystic on May 22, 2014 10:24PM
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TL;DR

PVP sucks, no such thing as "solo" PvP as you cannot challenge specific players to a battle or duel.
    Master Debater
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    TL;DR

PVP sucks, no such thing as "solo" PvP as you cannot challenge specific players to a battle or duel.

You didn't read then, because that's the great thing with this build, it's amazing in small/large scale group PvP and PvE as well.
    Edited by monkeymystic on May 18, 2014 5:20PM
  • thebigMuh
    thebigMuh
    ✭✭
    People saying Templars are bad just don't have a clue and run around spamming 2H stamina abilities. Make a proper build and then talk please.

From http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/game-guide
    Play the Way You Like

With an enhanced Elder Scrolls combat system, engage in real-time targeting and strategic attacks and blocks. Use any weapon or wear any armor at any time, no matter what type of character you play and develop your own style with deep character customization and abilities.

More power to you if you want to play your templar as a mage/priest dual class. I want to play with a 2h sword, and they are currently making my life exceedingly difficult.

Ciao, Muh!
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thebigMuh wrote: »
    People saying Templars are bad just don't have a clue and run around spamming 2H stamina abilities. Make a proper build and then talk please.

Play the Way You Like

With an enhanced Elder Scrolls combat system, engage in real-time targeting and strategic attacks and blocks. Use any weapon or wear any armor at any time, no matter what type of character you play and develop your own style with deep character customization and abilities.

More power to you if you want to play your templar as a mage/priest dual class. I want to play with a 2h sword, and they are currently making my life exceedingly difficult.

Ciao, Muh!

Then don't complain when another class with destro + resto combo faceroll you, and say their class is "OP" or "templars are weak" because you choose to run around spamming weak 2 hand abilities.
    Edited by monkeymystic on May 18, 2014 6:12PM
  • aletad11_ESO
    aletad11_ESO
    ✭✭
    This is a thread to both help Templars that struggle with their build out, and also make it visible that Templars are really strong right now as well. I’m tired of hearing “templars are weak” from players reading rumors from templar stamina spammers that doesn't know any better, on too many forums.

I've not seen many others use the comp I'm mentioning, but I have played around with this setup in pvp, and so has my templar guildies. It is incredible.

This build is very strong in solo PvP, group PvP, and PvE. You will be strong in both healing and doing damage anywhere you go.

In case you are a templar wondering what build to make to become strong, Destro + Resto is the way to go (I have not included quick siphon, because the 100% perma self healing buff bug is just TOO OP with this).

You should of course focus on stacking health and magicka enchants to softcap before you add any stamina. Use magicka and Stamina food buffs since health from food is still not 1.5x ratio.

Link to esohead build: esohead.com/calculator/skills#mozzev9k8rFTl8rFTd8hMZD8hMj48bznl8rFnK8bzpM8rHnY8heaf8ffqh8ffdV8ffdJ8N7DMbMXv6MbMXO6MbMX26zbMUf6rDG6LDi8j7DrUR6rSZ6rUM6LU06LUa6MrJPr6MrJPu6MrJPh6MrJO18n7DrW36LW26MfwgU6Mfwg26Mfwe06MfwgO6rWZ6LWQ8e7Cmaqk6maqj6maqT6Laqq6raqS8v7HMhx0y6Mhx0l6Mhx0n6Mhy3D6Mhx0B6ranW8zc7zzgeXm8zf7zzNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX

The bonus of being a Templar is that you get double the amount of healing bonuses from both resto and restoring tree, making your heals superior to any other class, and incredible in group PvP/PvE.
    This means you can make a build that is both very strong in offense AND a healing beast.

Now for the offensive part, you use the ability "Backlash" that stores up damage taken for 6 seconds, and morph this into purifying light for even more group healing while you faceroll.
    Destro staff will be your offensive bar while resto will be your defensive bar/group support bar with CC.

Rotation in 1v1:

You just open with binding javelin to quickly knock them down and keep them down (the clunky CC break delay will still keep them stunned a while), then cast backlash quickly, and swap to destro and use the abilities quickly in following order: Vampire's bane -> Solar barrage (gives 50 spell power buff on next spell) -> Elemental ring -> Biting Jabs (with its up to 70% crit rating passive starting to kick in as well..).
    Now backlash will give 36% of that total burst damage instantly and will hurt like HELL (..and heal your group). It will be 1 insane burst followed by another insane backlash burst

Now in general play, always keep elemental drain up on your target since it will give you TONS of magicka back along with debuff.

For AoE, remember to always use solar barrage first for the spell power/weapon power buff, then use elemental ring after.

You can also insert fire rune/volcanic rune in this build for more aoe dmg/stuns, or use the pulsar morph instead of elemental ring if nobody else around you is using pulsar.

Hope you like it as much as me and my guildies does, it is faceroll in both small/large group PvP and 1v1 :)
    I will also work very well in PvE.

I'm very interested in this build and thinking of making a new alt to try it with. I have a pretty strong Templar already that does use 2H, but mixed with mostly class skills. I'd like to know how you allocated your health, magicka and stamina points as you leveled up and also what kind of armor you wear.
  • Gettyuara
    Gettyuara
    As for my Templar I put a lot in health. But I'm just starting :D
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any class with a destro/ resto staff is God mode this aint any different.

Melee is nowhere near as good
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arreyanne wrote: »

Yes, destro + resto is the best wep combo at the moment (and the reason for people screaming "OP class!11" here and there), but templars get strong group healing skills, strong healing passives and backlash as well, making it an overall VERY strong build that can do everything great :)

It's lots of fun!
    Edited by monkeymystic on May 18, 2014 8:20PM
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then don't complain when another class with destro + resto combo faceroll you, and say their class is "OP" or "templars are weak" because you choose to run around spamming weak 2 hand abilities.

That`s the point - melee is weak and needs a buff badly... before they lose all their players enjoying that style and you only have mages fighting each other.
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That`s the point - melee is weak and needs a buff badly... before they lose all their players enjoying that style and you only have mages fighting each other.

I agree 100% with you. Destro elemental drain is too good right now IMO, and everyone is spamming pulsar/elemental ring because it's cheap to cast. I'm just saying that Templars are really strong at the moment with this build especially.

I smash VR 10 DK's and NB's to pieces all the time. I can't kill sorcerors as easily though, since they have the extremely overpowered escape bolt which makes them invincible, but escape bolt is another story.
    Edited by monkeymystic on May 19, 2014 4:10PM
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

Destro + healing staff iis a great combo for any class really.

Templars are good healers mate , im not going to question that , i love the burst heals , but a sorc or a Dk will probably get more control/defense/dmg when using the destro staff than you.
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on May 18, 2014 8:36PM
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

Destro + healing staff iis a great combo for any class really.

Templars are good healers mate , im not going to question that , i love the burst heals , but a sorc or a Dk will probably get more control/defense/dmg when using the destro staff than you.

Sorcerors have escape bolt, which nothing can compare with right now in terms of mobility, that is true.
    But I have no problems facing VR 10 DK's, even if they are using destro + resto themselves.
    Backlash and my dispels DESTROYS DK's (if they come in melee range, Biting Jabs outburst their burst).

DK's have just been hyped up tons because of the fire mage build (and guess what! It's a Destro + Resto staff build!), but they have nowhere near the group support in terms of healing and *dispels* like the Templars do, on TOP of this destro + resto combo :)

Templars have been in the shadows all this time because some noobs couldn't handle the magicka passive nerf that was OP and cried that the class was "gimped" all over the internet since they wore 7/7 heavy with no magicka reduction jewels.
    With elemental drain magicka won't be an issue.
    Edited by monkeymystic on May 19, 2014 4:12PM
  • Glog
    Glog
    ✭✭
    Dont matter what class you play, once you go Destr/Restro combo you'll never play anything else.
  • murklor007neb18_ESO
    And add the fact that sheild bash is pretty much the only thing that make melee viable yet is sure to be nerfed to oblivion due to yelling on the forum and we're well on our way to a mage only world. Basic melee attack damage need to triple for it to be worth a damn. But I dont see that ever happening. Too bad, I thought we where going to see some real medieval-fantasy fights in PvP :(
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glog wrote: »
    Dont matter what class you play, once you go Destr/Restro combo you'll never play anything else.

Yes, with the bash nerf (3 sec cooldown) and dmg reduction on bash on PTS (next patch), melee will be kind of useless compared to Destro/Resto, since this is the only thing that has managed to compete some.

Templars with resto + destro are very strong because of their dispels, better heals and backlash (among other skills).
    Edited by monkeymystic on May 18, 2014 10:44PM
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm very interested in this build and thinking of making a new alt to try it with. I have a pretty strong Templar already that does use 2H, but mixed with mostly class skills. I'd like to know how you allocated your health, magicka and stamina points as you leveled up and also what kind of armor you wear.

Light armor is WAY better than heavy armor right now. The magicka reduction passives and spell penetration + 10% crit is ten times better than what heavy armor has to offer.
    You could either go 7/7 light armor or maybe go with 5 light armor and 2 heavy armor (heavy chest and legs for extra armor, rest light).

Just allocate everything to health, maybe 1-5 points into magicka. enchant only magicka and health until softcap (with food). Ignore stamina completely. You will use magicka + stamina food buff since health does not give 1.5x ratio from food like it should.
    Edited by monkeymystic on May 18, 2014 11:11PM
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭

Then something needs to change...
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mortelus wrote: »

Then something needs to change...

It has very powerful synergy with a lot of abilities, and elemental drain + impulse is very strong itself.
    Elemental drain from destro staff makes magicka less of a problem with the magicka return, and this is something dual-wield, 2H, 1 hand and shield etc lacks.
    They go into resource starvation much faster.

Melee specs needs a form of resource management as well, like elemental drain.

Edited by monkeymystic on May 19, 2014 12:33PM
  • RadicalED
    RadicalED
    ✭✭
    I need to keep smiling about all those " i smash vr10 dks"-peeps.
    There are a lot of Dks in the wilderness of cyrodiil, some deserve to be called a Dragon Knight, most of them not.
    Fact is...you simple cant kill a well played Dragonknight 1vs1.
    He does not have manaproblems because his skillcost is so little...its stupid
    He will get close to you, he will root u and he will sear-stab-reset u to death.
    Well maybe he runs out of Hp or Mana, no problemo...lets activate one of the sweet ultimates. Ups, fulllife again and mana too?

im a max/hp max/mana dk-tank. im not afraid of nightblades, nor templars.
    Im afraid of other Dragonknights.

ah ye, and im melee sword and board FFS!
    Edited by RadicalED on May 19, 2014 1:53PM
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i,m sorry man but i play templar and am v10 and you build is all about single target burst, which is fine if the mobs form an orderly que for you to burst down. ... but in vet pve they dont they come in 3's mostly.. and in pvp they come in a big blob of about 20-50 spamming nukes.....
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hamon wrote: »
    i,m sorry man but i play templar and am v10 and you build is all about single target burst, which is fine if the mobs form an orderly que for you to burst down. ... but in vet pve they dont they come in 3's mostly.. and in pvp they come in a big blob of about 20-50 spamming nukes.....

Where on earth did you get this from? Did you bother to read the build at all before you posted? :P

It's actually more focused on AoE burst, with the insane burst from solar barrage (with buff on next spell) + elemental ring rotation spam over and over with very fast animations on both of them. And you get magicka back from elemental drain. You can use biting jabs in this rotation as well to finish stuff off with 80% crit.

Try it out before you talk please :)

• monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RadicalED wrote: »
    There are a lot of Dks in the wilderness of cyrodiil, some deserve to be called a Dragon Knight, most of them not.
    He will get close to you, he will root u and he will sear-stab-reset u to death.
    Well maybe he runs out of Hp or Mana, no problemo...lets activate one of the sweet ultimates. Ups, fulllife again and mana too?

Hehe you don't think I'm aware of this? :) That's why I wrote "even if I face VR 10 DK's that use destro/resto themselves", as in DK's with a brain that know what they are doing.

A DK simply CAN'T kill me 1v1 because I dispel all their DoTs instantly (5 dots gets dispelled in 1 instant click, that means your searing strike DoT + 4 others in 1 cheap click) with purifying.
    Breath of Life with resto + restoring passives and + healing bonuses makes it impossible for you to even burst me 1v1. And I also have 2 strong HoTs healing me constantly on top of this, while I dispel myself everytime you DoT me. GL trying to kill me. And if you are stupid enough to get into melee range, I will use Biting Jabs on you (with up to 80% crit with passive that also reduce your block migitation) :)
    I also have Javelin to knock you over/stun you if i need to cast/heal some.
    You can't burst me fast enough without your DoT's, but I can burst you :)

DK's don't build ultimate quickly 1v1, so they are even more useless against me then. Searing strike spam? Haha! Searing strike is only good because of the DoT, and good luck killing me with the weak INITIAL hit of searing strike when I dispel the DoT (which is the part that actually deals dmg) after 1 second with my purifying.
    My HoT's alone outheal your searing strike spam, and elemental drain makes my magicka a non issue.

Sadly there are very very few Templars with this build, or that know how to be effective and play smart offensive. (Many of them play to become healer instead of killing stuff fast. DK's can't be as effective healers so they all focus on making DPS specs)

The combo of instant Javelin stun with 20m range that lets me cast while you are knocked back/stunned, slowing snares from vampire's bane that is always up on you and makes it easy to kite you, all the stacking HoT's constantly healing me even if I'm CC'ed, elemental drain giving me back magicka, DISPELS that removes all your DoT's on me (most of your damage) with one click (and for group as well), the cheap cost ultimate Remembrance that heals me and my group to full with 20% dmg protection for all, the option to use Breath of Life (instead of lingering) if I want to instantly heal myself for 800+ health everytime i spam it in 1v1 with enough magicka from elemental drain, and ALL my stamina freed up only for CC break/dodge/block when I need it makes it VERY hard to kill me :)

If you believe the DK heal is strong (it's only good if you are about to die), you have no clue of the potential of Breath of Life together with resto + restoring passives and +healing bonus, since it is just as strong at 70% health as 10% health, making it much easier to stay at 100% health compared to the DK self heal.
    Breath of Life heals self for 800+ all the time, the DK heal don't. And if you are low health as DK, it's easy to stun you and finish you off with biting jabs (with 80% crit) before you manage to heal.

Edited by monkeymystic on May 19, 2014 3:07PM
  • RadicalED
    RadicalED
    ✭✭
    RadicalED wrote: »

Hehe you don't think I'm aware of this? :) That's why I wrote "even if I face VR 10 DK's that use destro/resto themselves", as in DK's with a brain that know what they are doing.

A DK simply CAN'T kill me 1v1 because I dispel all their DoTs instantly (5 dots gets dispelled in 1 instant click, that means your searing strike DoT + 4 others in 1 cheap click) with purifying, and I have 2 very strong HoTs healing me constantly, even if I get stunned/CC'ed.
    You also forget that I have Javelin, which knocks you back and stuns you as well in an instant (20 meter range) :)
    I also have lingering ritual which gives a very strong initial heal and another bonus heal after 8 seconds that STACKS (and it's a group heal on top of this), or change this into breath of life for a SICK instant self heal in 1v1 (800+ heal per spam with passives +healing bonus).

DK's don't build ultimate quickly 1v1, so they are even more useless against me then. Searing strike spam? Haha! Searing strike is only good because of the DoT, and good luck killing me with the weak INITIAL hit of searing strike when I dispel the DoT (which is the part that actually deals dmg) after 1 second with my purifying.

Sadly there are very very few Templars with this build, or that know how to be effective and play smart offensive. (Many of them play to become healer instead of killing stuff fast. DK's can't be as effective healers so they all focus on making DPS specs)

The combo of instant Javelin stun with 20m range that lets me cast while you are knocked back/stunned, slowing snares from vampire's bane that is always up on you and makes it easy to kite you, all the stacking HoT's constantly healing me even if I'm CC'ed, elemental drain giving me back magicka, DISPELS that removes all your DoT's on me (most of your damage) with one click (and for group as well), the cheap cost ultimate Remembrance that heals me and my group to full with 20% dmg protection for all, the option to use Breath of Life (instead of lingering) if I want to instantly heal myself for 800+ health everytime i spam it in 1v1 with enough magicka from elemental drain, and ALL my stamina freed up only for CC break/dodge/block when I need it makes it VERY hard to kill me :)

If you believe the DK heal is strong (it's only good if you are about to die), you have no clue of the potential of Breath of Life together with resto + restoring passives and +healing bonus, since it is just as strong at 70% health as 10% health, making it much easier to stay at 100% health compared to the DK self heal.
    Breath of Life heals self for 800+ all the time, the DK heal don't. And if you are low health as DK, it's easy to stun you and finish you off with biting jabs (with 80% crit) before you manage to heal.

Breath of Life with resto + restoring passives and + healing bonuses makes it impossible for you to even burst me. And I also have 2 strong HoTs healing me constantly on top of this, while I dispel myself everytime you DoT me. GL trying to kill me. And if you are stupid enough to get into melee range, I will use Biting Jabs on you (with passive that reduce your block migitation) :)

gl in permacasting purify :D
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "gl in permacasting purify :D"

I don't need to permacast purify for searing strike, because my HoT's alone heals me more than you do with searing strike spam + searing DoT with all my healing passives and bonuses.
    I can cast purify once in a while, and dispel everything. And searing strike doesnt do much damage when you keep spamming its weak initial hit and reapply the dot over and over (so you lose the 12% dmg DoT every 2 sec increase, and even stop the dot from ticking by spamming it...How can you be a VR 10 DK without knowing this? lol).
    Searing strike spam is actually a weak burst, and requires you to stand 5 meters from me, which means I can spam Biting Jabs back at you, which deals A LOT more burst damage than searing strike spam. And I have stronger HoT's healing me at the same time :)
    If you spend time on DoT'ing me up with other abilities than searing, I just dispel all of them at the same time with instant purify, making you spend more time/magicka than me :)

A searing strike spamming DK is some of the easiest kills out there, because they just stand there in melee range taking way more damage from Biting Jabs than they do to me. Basically a free kill.
    Edited by monkeymystic on May 19, 2014 4:19PM
  • psychounz
    psychounz
    ✭✭✭
    I'm interested in trying this out, however I'm curious as to:

A. Your stat allocation
    B. Your armor choices
  • RadicalED
    RadicalED
    ✭✭
    "gl in permacasting purify :D"

I don't need to permacast purify for searing strike, because my HoT's alone heals me more than you do with searing strike spam + searing DoT with all my healing passives and bonuses.
    I can cast purify once in a while, and dispel everything. And searing strike doesnt do much damage when you keep spamming its weak initial hit and reapply the dot over and over (so you lose the 12% dmg DoT every 2 sec increase, and even stop the dot from ticking by spamming it...How can you be a VR 10 DK without knowing this? lol).
    Searing strike spam is actually a weak burst, and requires you to stand 5 meters from me, which means I can spam Biting Jabs back at you, which deals A LOT more burst damage than searing strike spam. And I have stronger HoT's healing me at the same time :)
    If you spend time on DoT'ing me up with other abilities than searing, I just dispel all of them at the same time with instant purify, making you spend more time/magicka than me :)

A searing strike spamming DK is some of the easiest kills out there, because they just stand there in melee range taking way more damage from Biting Jabs than they do to me. Basically a free kill.

the idea behind the searing resetter is not the dot...sure its a sweet dmg, but like u said its easy to purify or even to purge
    (thx zeni to give the dk at least one despell -.-)
    its more, that u can cast searing with almost no manacost and some sweet instantdmg, which is not as little as u might think while 100% time blocking and use it as an aa-reset, even as a bash-resetter.

allow me one question, what jewlry-enchs do u use?

i hope that zeni put their plan to implement a arena into action, for some more competitive pvp. even in the same alliance
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems to me dstro/resto staff is way to go with any class. Doing same thing with NB and roflstomping everything, and even running it with siphon sttrikes which means my damage is nerfed considerably, but somehow still manage to pull agro time and time again in large PVE battles just because of damage output.
    Sorcerers cant keep up, because before they have all their buffs and or pets or even shot of first shard, already killed the group they was aiming for. Templars barely can get two three hits in with jabs, same deal, stuff is dead, DKs get a banner up and same again, stuff is dead and a banner gone to waste.
    So this thread is not just for templar, its for any class destro/resto staff, all there is to it.
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Second the motion for the OP to post his attributes & enchantments if you would be so kind. Interesting looking build.
    Behold the great Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use magicka cost reduction enchants on jewels.

Attributes: focus on health only. I have 47 health, 2 magicka, 0 stamina.
    Enchant your magicka and health to softcap, then enchant stamina after these have been reached.

Use blue food buffs that gives magicka + stamina. Health from food is not 1.5x ratio statwise like it should be, so its not worth it.

Use 7/7 Light armor (or 6/1 or 5/2 light heavy) for the best armor passives in the game (light armor).

If you want, you can enchant 1 jewel with armor so you get close to the armor softcap with light armor passives... :) Yes heavy armor passives are weak and needs a buff

Edited by monkeymystic on May 19, 2014 6:34PM
  • Dreldan
    Dreldan
    Soul Shriven
    thebigMuh wrote: »

Play the Way You Like

Ciao, Muh!

This kind of attitude is getting ridiculous. you might be right in saying 2h is underpowered i can't argue that. But the arguement that every class/combo should be equal is just stupid. There are SO many combinations out there they can't make every combo exactly equal. If i wanted to play unarmed hand to hand combat nudist templar should i be just as powerful? I mean they said i could play how i wanted right?