Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

THE ARMY OF MERIDIA MAIN QUEST BUGGED CANNOT PROGRESS

• robertlive2014
    robertlive2014
    ✭✭✭
    We're actively looking into this, folks. Thank you for the reports.

One thing that would help: Have you done the quest Into the Woods yet?

I could not Talk to the Groundskeeper in Coldharbor, in order to continue the second half of the Army of Meridia quest. Someone recommended to abandon the quest and start it over, but it's the same issue, you cannot interact with the NPC to restart the quest.
    Options
  • Procela
    Procela
    Soul Shriven
    Still no fix for this, seriously.....
    Saerol Procela - VR10 Breton Sorceror
    <Einherjar>
    Options
  • frballettib16_ESO
    Need more information pls Zenimax ?
    You work on it okay, but whats wrong ? What is the trouble ? Why don't you restart the server ?
    Options
  • Unity
    Unity
    Same issue here, was suggested by support to abandon my quest and start over, now I cannot interact with The Groundskeeper.
    Options
  • thefreezingvoid
    What's funny is the fix should be simple. If you can not isolate the bug in order to fix the NPC to be interactible to players, then remove the requirements of completing that quest to advance through the gate, and advance through the next quest. Or do above, but change the quest objective to redirect you to the next quest.

Sure we miss out on "Story" but I think that is preferable to staring at a blank NPC, and having our progression blocked.

And really, Zenimax, saying it is one of your "Top known issues" doesn't really cut it. Considering the severity, and impact of the bug, it sort of give the vibe that you really don't care, and provides no meaningful info. I suppose it preferable to silence on your part, but to those impacted by the bug, it might as well be.
    Edited by thefreezingvoid on April 10, 2014 11:13AM
    Options
  • VinylScratch
    Honesty. I can REALLY do without doing the quest -now- but what should be done right now by you guys is you should un-gate the VR content by this quest. That meaning you shouldn't have to do this quest in order to access VR content.

The majority of the issue is centered around a lot of us are at the end of everything to do with our characters save for VR content. But we can't access VR content because of this quest. It's kinda like this: You ever held something -JUST- out of someone's reach? Try as they might they're jumping, climbing, doing whatever is in their power to reach whatever it is you're holding they want. That's what it feels like right now for a lot of us. Just allow any level VR1 to access VR content without quest completion for like a week or two until you resolve this issue.

It won't END the whining but it certainly will cut it down some. I'm personally frustrated to know that my character feels near useless when I spent a long session going from 28-50 to catch up with my friends who have free time I do not to play with them, only to be held back by this bug while one is VR3 and progressing on 4.

Basically, remove this quest being a necessity for VR content for the time being until you can fix it. It'll not be as gamebreaking then. As much as I wish to see the story end, I also want to actually be able to play my character with my friends. MMOs are no fun alone.
    Edited by VinylScratch on April 10, 2014 11:43AM
    Options
  • Isthisnameok
    Zenimax you need to fix this really soon. This one quest is literally blocking all pve end game content. While I can understand that bugs can and will happen in a game especially at launch, to have a MAIN QUEST bugged for not 1 or 2 days but coming up to 6 DAYS REALLY???!!! Completely blocking all end game progress for thousands of people. To me that's 6 days of lost game time. I hate to say it, but if you cannot or are unable to fix this problem soon Im afraid many people will become fed up and feel taken advantage for, having such a huge part of the game taken away, ESPECIALLY when this is a subscription based game and we pay for our time on the game. Time that is beginning to feel wasted.

There I've vented now (but seriously fix the damn game)
    Options
  • suehlfleisch.jb16_ESO
    compensation for 6 days of delay?! COMPENSATE US! AND FIX IT NOW!
    Options
  • Demannu
    Demannu
    Hey Zenimax are we getting refunded for those days we have to waste waiting for you to fix this mess you made ?

Dont tell me about other great content u have i dont care and u are not the one to point me out what to do in the game and how to play it. I want to get VR10 u block my progress making game unplayable when will you refund?
    Options
  • suehlfleisch.jb16_ESO
    i dont want a refund... only give me v10!
    Options
  • Tousansons
    Meanwhile in hollow city, players are still working for a fix. Stay tuned.
    yziwb3tlqgv7.jpg
    Options
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tousansons wrote: »
    Meanwhile in hollow city, players are still working for a fix. Stay tuned.
    yziwb3tlqgv7.jpg

Yeah, since we can't expect Zeni to fix it apparantly...
    Options
  • strefilb14_ESO
    This is really, really disappointing.
    Options
  • drizzintahl
    drizzintahl
    ✭✭
    How the hell does it take a week to fix a single NPC conversation? What if this game gets an actual serious bug? This game is going F2P in 6 months at this rate, that's being positive. If you disagree, you're new to the genre or a blind fanboy : / I'd LOVE to play this game, but for such a devastating, crippling issue effecting so many players taking this long to fix, and it's so minor of an actual issue... this is just ***. The audacity of the forum posts around here from "greens" to just say, "try going to the next zone, and grab the next story quest" do you even speak English? Are all three factions having this issue? Is the EU Megaserver having it?

Taking bets, F2P by 10/14, if it's even still up by then.
    Notification, you received the THREAD DELETED Badge, worth 10 points!
    Options
  • frballettib16_ESO
    The EU Megaserver gat the same pbl
    Options
  • drizzintahl
    drizzintahl
    ✭✭
    Oh ***, TOR made it 7 months before going F2P, maybe it will outlast this one, Lol.
    Options
  • Bluntski
    Bluntski
    ✭✭
    People need to relax. Just go do something else in the meantime.
    Options
  • drizzintahl
    drizzintahl
    ✭✭
    Like not pay companies to suck at life? This is seriously making EA look good. *** lore-destroying preorder bonus incentives, broken tiny tiny bugs that aren't getting fixed, little to no updates from the company as to an eta, including how much downtime maintenance takes, just terrible customer support and developers. : /
    Options
  • donzeacub17_ESO
    Hello, folks. We recently made a post which lists some of the top issues that we are currently working to address, and this quest is one of them.

Our team is still investigating this (and other) quest bugs. As the post states, anytime you folks find quests that are blocking your progression, we encourage you to submit a help request in-game using the /help command, and include the words "quest blocker" in your explanation. This will help us get the vital information to the development team as quickly as possible.

While I want to say thank you for the update, a community rep post that any player could have written is useless. Any one of us could have written "Hey guys. We are sorry. Its a known issue. We are working fast to resolve it. Thank you for your paitence." which is what I read here. I wanted something actually informative, beyond what the players have already first hand experienced (and, judging from the support responses, they have *not* experienced).
    Options
  • Hestia
    Hestia
    ✭✭✭
    I am also stuck here. If they don't FIX this issue, we are not able to progress after V1. Basically, WE CANNOT ACCESS END GAME CONTENT.

- Dumping quests WONT WORK.
    - What kind of customer support TELLS SOMEONE to RECREATE A CHARACTER?
    - You're as bad as EA Games.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ FIX OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

giphy.gif
    Edited by Hestia on April 10, 2014 2:09PM
    <Alatreon> Daggerfall Covenant | International | PvX | Adult Community | TS3+Mic required.

Recruitment Thread & Website
    Options
  • drizzintahl
    drizzintahl
    ✭✭
    They want to keep the posts broad, not informative. Then the next game this company releases, they can copy and past the community posts, to save time. Since every damn post / email from support is canned as ***, wouldn't want it to be spot on, or too concise, then you can't reuse it!
    Options
  • Hestia
    Hestia
    ✭✭✭
    We are currently attempting to fix the problem...

GefZPN7.jpg
    Edited by Hestia on April 10, 2014 2:15PM
    <Alatreon> Daggerfall Covenant | International | PvX | Adult Community | TS3+Mic required.

Recruitment Thread & Website
    Options
  • ZOS_HugoP
    ZOS_HugoP
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings folks,

While we understand your frustration about being blocked by this quest, we don't allow this behavior on the forums. Therefore, we kindly ask you to refrain from using Bashing/Slanderous Comments, Cursing/Profanity, and making Demands/Threats on the forums.

All forum users must adhere to our Code of Conduct, and are expected to stay polite, constructive, and respectful while posting, even in situations like this one. Please also read the following thread: How To Be an ESO Community Hero, in order to know what we expect from our community members.

This issue is one of our highest priorities, and we are working to get it fixed as soon as possible. You can find a thread with our top issues here: In-Progress Known Issues

As such, this thread is being closed. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
    Edited by ZOS_HugoP on April 10, 2014 2:24PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.