Forums

We will not be having our regular maintenance for the North American or European Megaserver on July 28.

Die regulären Wartungsarbeiten für den nordamerikanischen oder den europäischen Megaserver am 28. Juli werden nicht stattfinden.

Nous n’effectuerons pas de maintenance hebdomadaire sur le Mégaserveur nord-américain ou sur le Mégaserveur européen le 28 Juillet.

ABORT: Pointer is NULL (..\downloader.c/147)

My game client will not launch. I have disabled 'auto detect proxy' from my web browser. I have run MSCONFIG and disabled all non-Microsoft services.

The game launched fine yesterday and during the beta.

I am running Windows 8.1

"In place of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen! Not dark, but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Treacherous as the sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me, and despair!"

Comments

• serbronnserbronn Soul Shriven
    SELF SOLVED: I found instructions via Google to disable the "auto detect proxy" in Internet Explorer, even if you don't use internet explorer. I decided to double check Firefox before attempting a re-install and saw that the "auto detect proxy" was still enabled.

After disabling the setting in Firefox the launcher worked.

"In place of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen! Not dark, but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Treacherous as the sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me, and despair!"
  • carimm60carimm60
    edited April 8
    Did the same thing as Serbronn and it still doesnt work for me...

Update: I feel dumb for not trying this first but after I restarted my computer it seems to be working fine.
    Post edited by carimm60 on
    Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato
  • My brother had the same issue. Our proxies seemed to be set the same way - already disabled auto detect proxy.... for some reason he can run it if he opens the client as an administrator - mouse right click and find the one *run as administrator*.
    That's the only way I could *solve* his problem. Not perfect but it runs.