The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ABORT: Pointer is NULL (..\downloader.c/147)

serbronn
serbronn
✭✭
My game client will not launch. I have disabled 'auto detect proxy' from my web browser. I have run MSCONFIG and disabled all non-Microsoft services.

The game launched fine yesterday and during the beta.

I am running Windows 8.1

"In place of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen! Not dark, but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Treacherous as the sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me, and despair!"
  • serbronn
    serbronn
    ✭✭
    SELF SOLVED: I found instructions via Google to disable the "auto detect proxy" in Internet Explorer, even if you don't use internet explorer. I decided to double check Firefox before attempting a re-install and saw that the "auto detect proxy" was still enabled.

After disabling the setting in Firefox the launcher worked.

"In place of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen! Not dark, but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Treacherous as the sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me, and despair!"
  • carimm60
    carimm60
    Did the same thing as Serbronn and it still doesnt work for me...

Update: I feel dumb for not trying this first but after I restarted my computer it seems to be working fine.
    Edited by carimm60 on April 8, 2014 1:09PM
    Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato
  • Lundgreen1975
    My brother had the same issue. Our proxies seemed to be set the same way - already disabled auto detect proxy.... for some reason he can run it if he opens the client as an administrator - mouse right click and find the one *run as administrator*.
    That's the only way I could *solve* his problem. Not perfect but it runs.