The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Server maintenance times

• Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moar lolcatz you say?

wpid-computer-repair.jpg
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • MattoxMaodhun
    MattoxMaodhun
    ✭✭
    dcarpent72 wrote: »
    I think this thread should make a Guild...... (insert your name idea Here)
    aaaannnnddd..... GO

Forum Warriors of Epic Downtime.

I second this one
  • typeknightmare
    I can see it now.

The servers are going to come back on. Everyone is going to get online at the same time. And In Game Chat will be full of comments like "Were you in The Thread?" It will be hilarious to see people who finally got into the game and all they can talk about is the thread they were all in when they couldn't get into the game.

and then the server just crashes due to it getting overloaded.

• smilingmaybe
    smilingmaybe
    ✭✭✭
    Faked wrote: »
    Yeah Well, accidental account hacks or not it's still a major foible or social fopa to be down this long. Can't understand the mentality of someone that would take advantage of a stranger who's account they accidentally logged into anyway.

Kids will be kids. I'm more worried about how long it's taking to fix a known problem.

Seriously? Right is Right and Wrong is Wrong and dismissing bad behavior in the guise of age, color, religion or anything else is well, wrong.

Kids will be kids also means that there are quite a few young people who are more adventurous than they should be and often push the envelope of morality and the law. It doesn't mean I'm dismissing their actions, just accepting their inevitability.

not to mention some have yet to learn morality and law to be aware it is wrong

Exactly how does one LEARN morality? Some acts of bad are self-evident what they haven't yet Learned is to "say no" to bad. They know it's bad.

I'm no philosopher/sociologist/psychologist/anthropologist, but I've always assumed all morality is learned behavior.
  • dcarpent72
    dcarpent72
    ✭✭
    dcarpent72 wrote: »
    I think this thread should make a Guild...... (insert your name idea Here)
    aaaannnnddd..... GO

Forum Warriors of Epic Downtime.

Works for me
  • GLaDOS
    GLaDOS
    ✭✭✭
    *curls up into fetal position and weeps waiting for ESO to come back*
    Still alive.
  • Absinthe
    Absinthe
    ✭✭✭
    ETA?

9148130.jpg
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah Well, accidental account hacks or not it's still a major foible or social fopa to be down this long. Can't understand the mentality of someone that would take advantage of a stranger who's account they accidentally logged into anyway.

Kids will be kids. I'm more worried about how long it's taking to fix a known problem.

Seriously? Right is Right and Wrong is Wrong and dismissing bad behavior in the guise of age, color, religion or anything else is well, wrong.

Kids will be kids also means that there are quite a few young people who are more adventurous than they should be and often push the envelope of morality and the law. It doesn't mean I'm dismissing their actions, just accepting their inevitability.

Exactly how does one LEARN morality? Some acts of bad are self-evident what they haven't yet Learned is to "say no" to bad. They know it's bad.

Have you ever taken classes in philosophy? I'd say it is easy to know good from bad but much harder to know why it is that way. It's never been an easy or simple question to answer.

Someone whose principles change constantly and someone whose principles never change are both wrong.
  • Zaeros
    Zaeros
    ✭✭✭
    resized_lazy-college-senior-meme-generator-it-will-probably-fix-itself-95a6dd.jpg

Hmmmmm.....
    "Yes, one step after the next. Come what may, that is what it means to live" - The Seneschal.

This is why we keep going. What else are you going to do with your life?
  • DarkInvictus
    DarkInvictus
    ✭✭
    10eac_funny-pictures-i-found-u-a-skyrim-dragon-but-i-beated-it.jpg
  • Phica_Lovic
    Phica_Lovic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol. I work at Taco bell so f--k all you guys and ur love of waffle tacos.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Phica -Max CP - Lvl 50 Argonian Sorc Healer since launch

• sy.donna3nrb19_ESO
    sy.donna3nrb19_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I took a nap so I wouldn't have to keep on refreshing for updates... Just woke up from my dream that the server was up already... ... ...nope.
    Nothing to see here, children. Move along now.
  • sampaku
    sampaku
    ✭✭
    What about Dedicated Downtime Defenders?

It's good cuz alliteration.

Edited by sampaku on April 2, 2014 12:24PM
  • BrandynPublic
    ahonma_ESO wrote: »

I'm no philosopher/sociologist/psychologist/anthropologist, but I've always assumed all morality is learned behavior.

True... probably a topic outside the scope of this thread *lol*. I believe some morality basic morality is ingrained in us and the reason people violate it is because it's easier to hear the shout of desire then the whisper of wisdom. They have an ingrained conscience that they ignore.
  • Vaultese
    Vaultese
    Of course, to fit into the situation appropriately I'm playing Skyrim while the EU server downloads lol. The vodka/lemonade helps contain my inner rage about this maintenance BS
    I used the "Attach Image" option for a sig and it said images aren't allowed in sigs. This is lol-worthy.
  • vicstorm
    vicstorm
    ✭✭
    Why do I have a felling that Zenimax had to call an Indian call center to figure out what the problem is ..... They're stuck on hold waiting to get answered.

So to save some time, I hope they unplugged the game and waited 30 seconds then plugged it back in
    "I'm not saying we kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying lets remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out"
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aussies will eat any old *** between a couple of slices of bread, especially with a gut full of ***.
    We don't have Taco Bell here, well none that I have seen, so it must either be some really nasty grub or too sophisticated for our sensitive palates.
  • Faked
    Faked
    ✭✭✭
    why is this issue of logging into other peoples accounts not affecting the eu server if they are set up the same?
    Heeeeyyyyyyy Yoooouuuuuu Guys!!!!!!!
  • smilingmaybe
    smilingmaybe
    ✭✭✭
    Someone want to explain why you're supposed to wait X seconds before plugging Y back in?
  • dcarpent72
    dcarpent72
    ✭✭
    All this time holding on, spending hours in this forum just waiting for the chance that the servers will come back up any minute.... and when they do and I log in.... I doze off
  • DarkInvictus
    DarkInvictus
    ✭✭
    Lol. I work at Taco bell so f--k all you guys and ur love of waffle tacos.

It would be pretty awesome if we had a taco bell down here in aus. i got addicted to the stuff when i was living in hawaii
  • harro82
    harro82
    Soul Shriven
    Spiritwolf wrote: »
    Actually, the professional way to do it would be to give a realistic ETA, then when they realize that they will not make the ETA they establish a new realistic ETA and announce that they apologize for the inconvenience but due to ...........

Then they repeat as necessary. That would be the professional way and would keep the community updated and not waiting in futility.

I agree with you - although it may be the professional way to do it, but there will always be people unhappy with this way too. Damned if they do and damned if don't.

I'd prefer to be in our shoes and waiting for it to come back online then in their shoes stressing over getting it up and running.

Another mead anybody...?

• Medgirlpts_ESO
    Medgirlpts_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm one more insightful "like" and I get a new badge...hmm how to get that. lol.
    Ceridai <3 Healing Mage <3
    --The Downtime Defenders --
    - Aldmeri Dominion -
  • typeknightmare
    Vaultese wrote: »
    Of course, to fit into the situation appropriately I'm playing Skyrim while the EU server downloads lol. The vodka/lemonade helps contain my inner rage about this maintenance BS

You do know you don't get to use you characters from the NA server.

• BrandynPublic

Have you ever taken classes in philosophy? I'd say it is easy to know good from bad but much harder to know why it is that way. It's never been an easy or simple question to answer.

Someone whose principles change constantly and someone whose principles never change are both wrong.

good point. I'd say it's sometimes almost impossible to know why something is moral. Some morality is easy like violating other's. Other is more difficult. But, don't mail yourself someone else's items on an account you accidentally logged into is pretty basic.
  • Vaultese
    Vaultese
    why is this issue of logging into other peoples accounts not affecting the eu server if they are set up the same?

That's a damn good question, that we'll never know the answer to lol

I used the "Attach Image" option for a sig and it said images aren't allowed in sigs. This is lol-worthy.
  • sampaku
    sampaku
    ✭✭
    Hmm one more insightful "like" and I get a new badge...hmm how to get that. lol.

If only you could convince a stranger to take the time out of his day to click that insightful button... if only... >.>

• smilingmaybe
    smilingmaybe
    ✭✭✭

The root of whatever the issue is is probably the US use of feet/inches, vs the metric system the rest of the world uses.

B)
  • dcarpent72
    dcarpent72
    ✭✭

there ya go :D
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    BrassRazoo wrote: »
    Aussies will eat any old *** between a couple of slices of bread, especially with a gut full of ***.
    We don't have Taco Bell here, well none that I have seen, so it must either be some really nasty grub or too sophisticated for our sensitive palates.

Sophisticated has never been ascribed to Taco Bell. The gut full of *** does sound familiar though.