The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

NEW Orcish and Redguard armor REVAMP *pics*

Mettaricana
Mettaricana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
i took it upon myself to post the final tier pics of the new armor revamps have to say i friggan love these like no tomorrow. anyway enjoy i see some parts i'm adding to my appearance

ORCISH REVAMP
1zztfzr.png
2gwb5hj.png
REDGUARD REVAMP
6r0a3q.png
vcxikj.png

edited to add male version also
Edited by Mettaricana on January 29, 2015 5:32PM
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait! Where is boobs on orsimer armor? It was the only reason to love it. Crap :( ZOS, bring boob window back.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • Ethona
    Ethona
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so thrill with the new orc heavy armour. I crafted some level 4 heavy orc armour and had a fairly wide smile on my face. Even the level 4 armour had loads of shine to it. I also dyed the armour with deeper greys which gave a even more mirror like shine!
    Edited by Ethona on January 29, 2015 4:30AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of the new Redguard armor. As an alternate motif it'd be nice to have, but I'll miss the current Redguard armor.

The new Orcish armor is snazzy, though.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    in addition i noticed all the armors got deep texture adjustments orcish got snugged up to the body and gained a sharper resolution less pixelation i miss the boobs window but atleast they match the style of the rest of the game. also this gives me hope they will fix the pixel problems and flat looking texture of the daedric heavy and medium armors
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the BOOB WINDOW! NOOOOO
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of a bummer with the female orsimer heavy change. It was the armor of choice for my fiance because of the window, on her behalf I hope something else is brought in to replace it.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    all my boobs related gripes can be fixed with a lords curiass motif book
  • Lithium Flower
    Lithium Flower
    ✭✭✭✭
    I liked the boob window too, orcish plate was my favourite style because of it. The new texture is nice but are we still body-shaming women here?
    Dragonknight Smith of the Lith | Rayna Dreloth
    Templar Josephine Belmont | Catherine Belmont | Irene Belmont
    Sorceror Blathanna | Eta Carina
    Nightblade Adda Vorenor

Ebonheart Pact | Daggerfall Covenant | EU | Champion Points ~ 800 | Crafter of all things
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BBSooner wrote: »
    Kind of a bummer with the female orsimer heavy change. It was the armor of choice for my fiance because of the window, on her behalf I hope something else is brought in to replace it.

The Golden Saint costume is unaltered.
  • Hortator Mopa
    Hortator Mopa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol people want the boob window? That's realistic.

A-Google boobs.
    B-Get a girlfriend.

Eso is not going to have slutty armor. (yet)
    or at least i hope it is kept to a minimum...
    Edited by Hortator Mopa on January 29, 2015 6:05AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A-Google boobs.
    B-Get a girlfriend.

Google: "ESO Dark Seducer Costume"
  • Hortator Mopa
    Hortator Mopa
    ✭✭✭✭

A-Google boobs.
    B-Get a girlfriend.

Exactly. Why do we need more bad ideas and poorly done smut armor...
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait! Where is boobs on orsimer armor? It was the only reason to love it. Crap :( ZOS, bring boob window back.
    Most males who consistently admire slutty images tend to be more impotent for some odd reason. Too much slutty images can also ruin your chance of finding a pleasant partner, a partner that doesn't lower their standards to meet your current status. All this research is done by Stick-In-The-Mud, an esteemed Argonian journalist who writes unsatisfactory jokes.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A-Google boobs.
    B-Get a girlfriend.

No, that's what Skyrim mods are for. :p
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A-Google boobs.
    B-Get a girlfriend.

Screenshot_20150129_015015_zpsxnhxhftf.png

<3 Bewb window
    Meh...**** it..
  • Hortator Mopa
    Hortator Mopa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should be a instawin key where you can just stab/shoot them in the chest. Insta death.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the designs shown in the OP look pretty neat. Never liked the orcish "boss fight weak spot" boob window, it seemed so silly to have "armor" with an convinient hole to the lungs for any arrow or sword stab...

The way armor in ESO looks like armor and not like bronze bra style dancing girl costumes is a big plus in my book. Not that I am opposed to such clothes, I just think they should be kept to social occasions and not dungeon raiding...

And as for the seducer armor, well, they are deadra, they are a special case. ;)

Though I am sure sooner or later the crown store will feature sexy outfits as well. Maybe with gender equality? Boob windows for the girls, bum windows for the boys... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excuse me prudes, but I am a 45 y/o married woman, and I LIKE slutty armor! Seriously, you think it's just the boys that like sexy armor?? LOL
  • BlueIllyrian
    BlueIllyrian
    ✭✭✭
    If you really want to go into practicality and realism, this is still impractical and unrealistic.

Simply to put, plates have too much curves as their real historic purpose was to deflect blows.

So bewb window, no bewb window - still a fantasy armour.
  • JoffyToffy69
    JoffyToffy69
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the older redgaurd light armor head pieces. I made my character look like the girl from 'I dream of Gennie', with redgaurd head, wood elf chest, and khajiit pants.
    Was amazing when died pink :P
    Fun comes from diversity, balance kills diversity.
    Former Empress Serabii
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ack, the Redguard light armour looks awful now.
    I was hoping they'd fix the floating shoulders issue, but not this.
    It use to have a nice unique feel to it, now it's just... disappointing.

Is the armour shown level 50, or lower level? I sincerely hope it's lower level. That redguard light armour... *shudders again*.

I know it's personal taste, but surely most think the old style, even with floating shoulderpads - is better:
    Rev%20Outfit%20vr5_zpswcd9hs4a.jpg
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are changing existing armors, good AND bad.

They should add these new models to existing ones and keep those as separate that allready are in the game. I for one will be bit pissed if style that i love is changed to something that someone else likes.
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And i have to say that those Redguard light armors noww look extremely ugly to me. The old ones had more feel of clothing than these...

Robes are not armur, they are clothing and should feel like clothing.

Also since armours are painted on the skin.. Those areas on chest will look awkward on females as those new models will not look natural anymore.
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coatmagic wrote: »
    Excuse me prudes, but I am a 45 y/o married woman, and I LIKE slutty armor! Seriously, you think it's just the boys that like sexy armor?? LOL

Exactly. Right on.

It's not like it was a plate mail thong... I wouldn't even go as far as to call it slutty. It was suggestive. Which is far sexier, and classier, than some armors you will find in other games. If looking at that cleavage armor gave you some kind of jollies... no offence, but you're pretty sheltered.

I will also add that my girlfriend is about as decent and well rounded as you could ask a human being to be. She has been playing this game for about 2 - 3 months now. It never occurred to her anything was wrong with that armor. She actually found it a touch amusing.

Please bring it back, introduce similar craft-able armor, or provide the option to have either the old look or the new one.
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are only the female versions changing? Male Redguard heavy armor is my favorite, and I would hate for it it to be changed I'm any way.
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Completely agree. The pearl clutching going on about a slightly low cut top when the majority of the armor is conservative is a little silly. The option was nice to have, it sucks it's gone.
    Edited by BBSooner on January 29, 2015 2:23PM
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BBSooner wrote: »

The Golden Saint costume is unaltered.

Sadly those costumes encompass the whole body, and cannot be dyed.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Should be a instawin key where you can just stab/shoot them in the chest. Insta death.

cant even insta win with a head shot in this game so that logic is invalid
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Esha76 wrote: »

Exactly. Right on.

It's not like it was a plate mail thong... I wouldn't even go as far as to call it slutty. It was suggestive. Which is far sexier, and classier, than some armors you will find in other games. If looking at that cleavage armor gave you some kind of jollies... no offence, but you're pretty sheltered.

I will also add that my girlfriend is about as decent and well rounded as you could ask a human being to be. She has been playing this game for about 2 - 3 months now. It never occurred to her anything was wrong with that armor. She actually found it a touch amusing.

Please bring it back, introduce similar craft-able armor, or provide the option to have either the old look or the new one.

plate mail thong would actually make more sense if anyone started the ES series in arena 10n58br.jpg why we changed this i dunno lol
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are only the female versions changing? Male Redguard heavy armor is my favorite, and I would hate for it it to be changed I'm any way.

males are changed also i just dont have any male chars to upload pics of the changes on gimme a bit and i can probly hook ya up with those pics