The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The List of Wishes

• HydroCanuck
    HydroCanuck
    ✭✭
    Dreizopf wrote: »
    ... and no lag?

I love how you ask for a bunch of lag generating stuff, and then end by asking for no lag.

The way you say no to many ideas, because they will generate more lags, is quite clever. Without any new thing in this game the players will start to leave and then you will become a lonely rider in a game without lags.

Not to say they aren't cool idea's, there's just a reason why noone else has ever implemented them. There has to be balance. Also, the required hardware reqs for MMO's are typically kept Mid level, too allow for more people to be able to play them...
  • Kraven
    Kraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wishful thinking are we?

1. More weapon skill lines to counter balance the number of magicka lines. More stamina to counter the number of magicka builds.

2. A stamina based pet skill tree, bear, wolf, crow, and tiger etc.

3. Choices in that make a damn difference and matter so that everyone's experience in Tamriel isn't 99% exactly the same with the only 'choices' being shallow and empty.

4. Balance.

5. A PvE answer to some of the best sets in the game coming from PvP bought containers.

6. A crafting economy. Since every single person in the game can craft because it is so overly easy it's nothing special at all to be a master craftsman.

7. Ultimates on a timer. They refill when they refill no matter what you do 5-10 minutes so that using the Ulti is a decision not a farm.

8. Engaging end game content. Not the grind that is 50+.

9. Challenging end game content that doesn't support and promote cookie cutter builds. Small minded folks out there demanding templar heals and a DK tank aside, certain fights are geared toward these classes playing these roles.

10. Challenging and engaging Group+ content for end game. DSA takes longer than trials? You don't want to say the R word? Fine call them Cheeseburgers and we can all have our Cheeseburgers in Paradise.

11. Better utility to the native UI so we're not forced to rely on add ons. And yes there are players using the naked UI, few and far between, but every half decent player has to rely on at least one add on or another.

12. PvP arena allowing 1v1 up to 3v3 battles. This has the potential to add a large Esport element, if you can watch these battles, bet on these battles and have monthly bracketed trounaments. Of course this would require balance to be addressed first or they'd all be 3 DK matches. Simple gladiatorial combat.

13. Devs that really listen to player feedback. PTS is a joke because any bug found makes it to live unless it is hugely game breaking, and even some of those get pushed. It was proven in prelaunch beta that media speculation holds more weight than actual player's hands on feedback.

14. A support role. Something outside the Tank, DPS, Heals (specially with the limited options to healing.) Well really each role is limited atm but that's back to balance.

Okay that's the short list. I know, head in the clouds dreaming of days that may never come, but you did ask for our wishes.
    V14 - IMPERIAL NIGHTBLADE - DPS/TANK
    V13 - BRETON SORCERER - HEALS/DPS
    V2 - REDGUARD DRAGONKNIGHT - MELEE DPS
    V1 - BRETON TEMPLAR - TANK/DPS

to be continued... Nevermind, no longer "to be continued"
  • HydroCanuck
    HydroCanuck
    ✭✭
    Now these suggestions makes sense, things to actually improve gameplay. A lot better than adding hundreds of lag creating children that have nothing to do with the storyline.
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVP Skill: [Portal] Maximal Range 30 meters maximal Player transport: like Forwardcap. 400px-ESO_Portal_to_Alliance_Capital.jpg

Edited by Iduyenn on December 8, 2014 2:09PM
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the champion point system the progression gets very interesting and i am looking forward to the justice system.

I know, you cant get always what you want. And sometimes its not the quantity, but the quality of things, that matter.

With the Steed there will be a Mundusstone allone for horses. Since i dont know exactly what the bonuses are i can not speculate. But wouldn`t it be great to have the passives also working for Werewolfs? (If they fit together i mean).

The Werewolf is far from perfect and i hope, they realy can work it out. No matter, what everyone says. In PVP, Veteran dungeons, Raids i dont see werewolf very often. (only for a short funreason or by mistake).

I think the self-composed songs/plays by instruments was mentioned.

Even if the champion system brings better advantages for heavy armor. I have the feeling, that the whole concept could use some more polishing.
    Why not give us magickaregeneration-glyphs on armor?
    Also the passives could use some polishing.

- The passive; "Resolved" could use an increase to show the significance of heavy armor in defence values.
    - "Constitution" feels to weak.
    - "Juggernaut" is totally useless imho. Better for medium armor users.
    - Rapid Mending is too weak. 5-7% more healing? This should be double.

Give us the possibility to alter our equipment from an amor typ to another.
    Or at least allow the heavy armor users to get better sets. (Like the "Desert Rose".

Since Zenimax sayed, that they are reworking armor tipes, we could expect some more stuff.

What do you wish for eso in the future?
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    The possibility to alter your looks of gear freely (like in GW2) and have the possibility to "upgrade" your gear not only in quality, but also lvl.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the realm of fluff (because I am a total fluff junkie) I would love to see expanded dance emotes and expanded musical instrument emotes. I want a drum that is a doumbek and plays Middle Eastern style riffs. Like so:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=vMnBBIPGbIg

I also want more of these dance moves to be incorporated into the Red Guard dance emotes. And for those of you not familiar with the astonishing Rachel Brice... you're welcome. ;)

I want to hear music like THIS playing in the inns in Aliki'r:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=9GLgSJUPP_Y

I want each dance style to get at least 3 more sets of movements and then to be able to chain them together. ZOS, Age of Conan has the most amazing dance system I've yet seen in an MMO. PLEASE take a look at it.

And yes, I want "dance costumes" for the disguise slot for all of the races.

MORE musical instruments for our characters to play please. I'd like to see a harp and maybe even a fiddle.

Also, please expand the music selections on all the existing instruments.

And just as Red Guards need a Doumbek, Bretons TOTALLY need a Bodhran!
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=NhpybB6lfcc

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Heruthema
    Heruthema
    ✭✭✭✭
    A Character Edit selection on the Character Select page. Exclude RACE and CLASS and allow everything else.
  • Morshire
    Morshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    dharbert wrote: »
    So basically you want to be able to walk along a road with your horse, a foal, and kids in tow, stop along the way somewhere and play songs around the campfire, while on your way to a Renaissance Fair/Micheal Vick dog fight......Superman cape blowing in the wind.

No.

Wait, is the superman cape an option I missed. Cause it will go great with my speedos. Will there be smores at the campfire? And if I get too drunk, will my horse finds it way back to a stable or will I wake up with mud crabs making a meal out of my toes?

If so, then this would be my wish list.

Edited by Morshire on December 12, 2014 9:57PM
    Follow me if I advance, Kill me if I retreat, Avenge me if I die.

When this immediate evil power has been defeated, we shall not yet have won the long battle with the elemental barbarities. Another evil, it may be an invisible adversary, will attempt, again, and yet again, to destroy our frail civilization. Is it true, I wonder, that the only way to escape a war is to be in it?

If I die, you are forgiven, If I live, I will kill you.
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh... i have one more

Allow us, to deconstruct potions into reagence... or since this is pretty stupid... allow us to mix potions (For example; 1 Magicka potion, 1 Stamina Potion and 1 Life potion equals 1 all-stat-potion.

PS;

And one more; If you once earned enough alliance points on one character. It should be possible to use PVP skills on every alt-charakter. (Eg: Caltrops, since its essential for my PVE Tanking...)
    Edited by Iduyenn on December 12, 2014 10:16PM
  • Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    A 3-bonus, stamina-based potion that includes Detect Hidden.

Currently, the only available potion that provides 3 beneficial effects where one is Detect can only include Spell Crit and Magicka regen.

Stamina builds need love too.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Add daily withdraw limit permissions to guild bank options.
    2. Remove the summoning skill line from sorcerers class skills. Replace the entire skill line with idk, anything useful. Why does the sorcerer only use lightning?! Storm calling?! what about blizzards (ice) and heat waves (fire).
    3. In fact, just get rid of classes altogether and go back to the class build system we had in older ES games.
    4. Add elements found in previous ES games (i.e. housing, spellcrafting, jewelcrafting, dark brotherhood, etc.)
    5. More varied endgame armor sets. currently were all trying to get the same 3-4. Make them craftable by only the best and most dedicated of crafters.
    6. Larger, I mean much larger dungeons. I want to go down to the fiery depths of oblivion. I want to spend as much time in a dungeon as I spent on a starter island.
    7. Someday I'd like to see upgradable boats and open seas to travel between zones. Naval battles, let me hire a crew, open water fishing and maybe some form of merchant and/or pirate ship skill line.
    8. Let us swap enchantments on weapons and armor we craft.
    9. A haircut?
    10. Some rewards worth the effort. I think from all my playing I've found one piece of armor that I plan to use that I haven't either purchased or crafted myself.
    Edited by Cuyler on December 12, 2014 10:00PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Morshire
    Morshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    1. Add daily withdraw limit permissions to guild bank options.
    2. Remove the summoning skill line from sorcerers class skills. Replace the entire skill line with idk, anything useful. Why does the sorcerer only use lightning?! Storm calling?! what about blizzards (ice) and heat waves (fire).
    3. In fact, just get rid of classes altogether and go back to the class build system we had in older ES games.
    4. Add elements found in previous ES games (i.e. housing, spellcrafting, jewelcrafting, dark brotherhood, etc.)
    5. More varied endgame armor sets. currently were all trying to get the same 3-4. Make them craftable by only the best and most dedicated of crafters.
    6. Larger, I mean much larger dungeons. I want to go down to the fiery depths of oblivion. I want to spend as much time in a dungeon as I spent on a starter island.
    7. Someday I'd like to see upgradable boats and open seas to travel between zones. Naval battles, let me hire a crew, open water fishing and maybe some form of merchant ship skill line.

I thought asking for the cape was too much. :(

Edited by Morshire on December 12, 2014 9:57PM
    Follow me if I advance, Kill me if I retreat, Avenge me if I die.

When this immediate evil power has been defeated, we shall not yet have won the long battle with the elemental barbarities. Another evil, it may be an invisible adversary, will attempt, again, and yet again, to destroy our frail civilization. Is it true, I wonder, that the only way to escape a war is to be in it?

If I die, you are forgiven, If I live, I will kill you.
  • coogrrrub17_ESO
    coogrrrub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I would like to add a +1 to the Roadside Inns with random small or group quests that happen when you walk in. Like....
    1. You (solo) walk into the Trotting Mare Inn and the bartender motions for you to come over. When you speak to him he tells you he will pay you a handsome price in gold if you will rescue his niece from the fierce-some troll over in the woods.....
    2. You group has traveled long into the night and there in the pouring rain a small light ahead... The Spotted Owl B&B awaits you with a warm meal and soft bed. Now that your group is well fed and making for a nice fitful sleep you suddenly hear a scream and a small boy rushes into the room..."They are all dead or gone!" he yells then he states that the evil dooers had fangs and red glowing eyes. He tells you the basement door is open and it most certainly never is!

You get my point. These quests can be made up easily and set to a random release depending on day/night solo/group and level/area. It would be a good reuse of the current models and programming but add some excellent content.
    Thoughts anyone?

I personally think housing is simple to add - is contained in most good MMO's and would be something to earn and keep in this game. It would allow me to place and view my trophies. Allow me to craft items for it (new crafting items for every skill here, craft food in the home at the firepit. Craft wood items like furniture, Craft metal items like fixtures and decore, use the alchemy craft to take the plants and make floral items and or combine it with the food skills to allows the "Farming" ability so we can grow easy/medium/hard plants for food and alchemy recipes.

Allow me to have a place to park my horses and my arse when I want to. Also you could allow me to "Make public" so others could come inside but not move/touch anything. You could also allow me to have quests hit my home, like I turn on the option when logged in and randomly a gang/monster etc attacks or affects my home. I must rush home and kill/save/fix/track down and retrieve the item.

Yes land rents would apply though keep them low for basic units and scale up from there for the hardcore players to have nice city homes with epic elements. Then add guild housing as well.

Ok enough from an OG (Old gamer) for now. ESO YOU ROCK! Keep up the good work and most of all KEEP READING AND LISTENING TO FEEDBACK, we will keep you paid in return!

Coogrrr
  • Mordria
    Mordria
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a few wishes I like to see in the game. Some involve fixing bugs, some are just things I would like.

#1. A bug where npc's fighting you turn their back towards you then back up through you to attack. They are taking up the same space as you are! This drives me insane! What happened to collision!?? Does this not apply to npc's? I did write a bug report on it btw.

#2. The shield on back clipping through hair. Just looks really bad. Please fix.

#3. Swimming underwater.

#4. Craftable clothing (non armor).

• Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allow crafters to get crafting writs based on their crafting skill, not which zones they can visit.
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see random dynamic events that pop up in the towns where mini-dolmens would appear and the daedric demons would start attacking the players in the town; Veteran dungeon like bosses (with 30,000 health or more) that will remain infinitely until the players kill them, and will attack and chase players who enter the town's border. The towns people, including the quest givers, would all run indoors and remain there until the demons are killed, so you couldn't complete a quest or receive a quest in the town until all the demons are killed.

Something like this would realty be cool I think.
  • WhiskyBob
    WhiskyBob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1 Developers that adress real issues during their live shows, answering real concerns instead "will there be new emotes" bulcrap.

#2 Reforgable traits

#3 Mini-patches with bug fixes more often than it is now (Mantikora still can close the black hole after 2 people get down, Serpet 0%hp bug still here, not to mention "leaderless party" bug is here since forever)

#4 Taking away "former emperor" obtained mostly through "emperor flipping" and reworking emperorship system

#5 Give us real mudcrabs and real lamias.

#6 Shield paint
    Edited by WhiskyBob on January 20, 2015 2:11PM
  • burningcrow
    burningcrow
    ✭✭✭
    Campfires for sure. Different wood does a different buff of some sort. And of course you need to be able to cook with it. And maybe you could even update your campfires from basic fire, to bonfire with tent and other sorts of things. The mods in Skyrim are perfect examples.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I admit, I would like to see a skill line that took advantage of fisticuffs.

Outside of that, most of these aren't too important to me personally, but hey good luck.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • burningcrow
    burningcrow
    ✭✭✭
    Turn off the lights and give us torches!!!
  • Mordria
    Mordria
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have one more!

I would also like to see more dungeons instanced rather than public where you can either go in solo or if you're in a group the whole group goes in together and the dungeon scales both in difficulty and number of mobs according to the number of people going into the instance. This way you can avoid respawns and also have more immersive dungeons.
  • Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    ✭✭✭
    I might drop a few also c:
    (no particular order)

-Weapon equip freedom, Two staffs? no problem! Want to go just a dagger on your left hand? ok. Double shield for the heck of it? sure.

-Better role play support, I do not do it myself, but I think that community needs some love and attention. Some of the things i know that community wants is Interact-able emotes such as /hug, /knockout, /stab, and music emotes to sync

-Player vs. Fish need some attention. nuff said.

-Bring back the arena from oblivion o_o, Also let players be able to spectate! There was an idea floating around of it being instanced to each faction also and the best could face off for each faction.

-Better PTS support. Players need access to all the content there to test it. I understand something like the new sets being hidden, but the older content should be made available to them though vendors or something. (like warlock gear, Valkyn, etc.) Possibly a global chat channel for bug testing too.

-Ultimate's for each skill line, an example of one was for restoration staff have an ability that turns healing skills into damaging skills. The ultimate would work like Overload from Sorcs.

-More High end gear, 2 piece sets(undaunted), 3 piece sets(Trails) and master gear! This was a massive step in the right direction, very good call! (A better undaunted set for healers too *cough* hint *cough* We do like not dying and we like resources *cough*) (This gear should be hard to obtain also, a good meta for the hardcore players is currently, 2 piece undaunted set, 3 piece rings set, 1 master weapon, 5 piece body often times)

-Don't Just use PTS to bug test, use it to run experiments to see how the community likes it and will effect it.

-Bind on Equip Experiment! You should look into the option of making all items bind on equip instead of bind on pickup. You will see a massive economy change and a huge increase of content run. This should be an experiment for your team to look into.

-Server events, There is holidays in Elder Scrolls c: (I do understand your current restraints though x-x )

-Rewards for dedicated crafters. gear craftable that is very powerful for max trait users. This would be a good example of gear that should be bind on pickup, unlike trails gear.

That is all i have for right now, but there will be more :worried:
    Edited by Grasshopper on January 20, 2015 3:38PM
    Bug and Theorycrafter since beta.
  • sigismond
    sigismond
    ✭✭
    I want to be able to recover health during the battle also by eating cheese wheels instead of only by drinking potions.

lQQpVcC.jpg
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iduyenn wrote: »
    I recall, that we have something like that? If so, can someone plz post it here?
    Otherwise just use a few (and not to much) words to express your wish for future implementations in our beloved Elder Scrolls Online.

- Capes (Removed when in Combat/Toggle on/off for performance).
    I heared, you will implement some tigers with saddles. Well, I am sure it`s canon somehow, at least for Kajits.
    - What I miss in this game are foals (little horses). I would love to see them as little crazy, jumping, curious things. You could place them even as non-killable critters who will flee if you come too close.
    - Why can`t I walk with a near horse (as a pack animal or pet). Perhaps in combination with a foal.
    I know, this shouldn’t be SIMS, but it`s the little things…
    - Let`s talk about saddles. I think even a horse should have some standards. Why not implement some lighter, more beautiful saddles? You could make a slot, with gives you passive bonuses (like carring weight, wich we already have) and need repairing. And yes, even customisation would be nice. Especially, if you implement light, medium and heavy horse Armor. Why? Style is everything man!
    - Chivalery; Why not being able to fight on horseback? You could implement temporary fair and turnements. If your horse gets killed or injured, you have to walk (debuff).
    - Why no horse-weagons? Like in Skyrim at the very beginning…
    - You wanna do something awesome? Implement falcons. The bird can sit on your shoulder or arm and you could hunt with it, or you send it for recon or, or, or.. (Yea, I saw, you implemented already something, but I think it would be cool to bring more dynamic to live/battle.
    - Same with dogs and cats. Besides some very good quest opportunities, dogs can be seriously used in battle. 100 punds of pure evil flesh hanging at your neck?
    - I saw it somewhere: Cloaks, bags… I know, not easy to implement, but seriously… It`s needed. I know, in battle it looks stupid, but Tamriel can have mean weather, raining deadras and stuff…
    - Jumping puzzles: I miss this. And hey… isn`t this game about exploring?
    - Implement travel costs for wayshrines. (Exept to dungeon, perhaps to player). You know… the way is important… perhaps anyone can take me with him in his wagon? ^^
    - Barbier
    - Fistfighting as a weapon Skilline: Even if armed with one sword. My fist will break your chawbone or push you hard on the ground…
    - Craftingmaterials- spending-events (Yes, I think it would be great to not just say “Oh tomorrow will be a new upgrade”. Sometimes it`s fun to work for weeks to gather enough stuff to unlock a new event. Attacking Cyrodiil for example… do you really know how much forests we have to destroy, to build those machines? Right… and everyone can contribute to it.
    - Ingame Gild search (language). Seriously… there should be a searching-tool, where player and guilds can find each other. Just implement some juicy multiple choice boxes to make it easy…
    - Better group search (Language): There are a lot of Delves dungeons not listed.
    There should be a language option and the possibility to write some informations… (e.g “we do it rp style)
    - Werewolf customisation (looks) (or depening on character high). Nuff said.
    - RP Tool: Be innovative man! Even non RPers will fill out a character description and grow in to the character. There was a wow addon, wich was pretty impressive. But realy, you should be able to flag yourself and others should see, what language you speak and if you are in character. There could be so fantastic options!
    - Stamina viability and survivability
    - Item appearences. It should be possible to alter the skin of EVERY item individually (Like in GW2)
    - Laterns and stuff
    - Campfire and more melodies with your instruments.
    - Solo/Public Dungeons more like in Skyrim
    - High mountains (Like the one in Cyrodiil, just bigger, wilder... you know...
    - Boats, Fishing boats
    - Diving
    - Little foals... oh wait... i already said that
    - More melodies with your instruments.
    - Civil Wears. Please implement normal cloaths for civil festivities.

Ok i star repeating myself, but behold... more is coming.

Add to this:

- Harder mobs, more dangerous avdventure.
    - Mount etc while in combat
    - perma remove quest arrows they are a blight upon the land
    - chests/treasure maps actually worth finding/having
    - mobs spawn not static, more roaming bosses, rare bosses and mobs spawning from a random location, like EQ is doing I think.
    - make death mean something
    - remove washrines and put in travel paths with horse and buggy
  • ashlee17
    ashlee17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool thread :)
    My number 1 wish is more guild management tools.

But in terms of just fun stuff I would love a mud crab merchant pet. I would also love to be able to pick which song we play when we /lute /flute- que impromptu concerts;)
    More bank and bag space would be great as well.

Being able to do both the male and female dances regardless of char gender would be fun.

Shared alliance zones/dungeons after the main story would be fun for me as a pve-er, but I can understand that not everyone would feel the same.

An extention of the crafting system or the ability to turn inspiration from the completion of crafting writs into extra gold or exp ice you are at your max crafting lvl.

Thanks for reading and happy adventuring all :)
    Administrator of More Than Fair Guild- North American Server- Come and Join us for a fun and friendly experience - 480+ members and great trader location- all factions welcome - mail me @ashlee17 in game for an invite.
    Join the crusade for better guild management tools!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    Please comment and support this cause!
  • Darkrogue671
    Darkrogue671
    ✭✭✭
    There are some really great ideas in this thread. :)

Lord... please give me strength.
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add to this

- More horse armor
    - more difficult and rewarding crafting, inlcude harvesting skill lines
    - fish anywhere not just in pools
    - guild halls with a vendor out front