The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Night Silence Set

Preky19
Preky19
✭✭✭
So the Night Silence set it has been completely changed.
Before was : "Increase speed while Sneaking by 60%", but now it has been changed to "Ignore movement speed penalty when Sneaking".

Now this is a completely different set, on which I wasted all my resources to make it Legendary, 5 pieces...

This is not fair at all. I think now is enough, I will not spend on more $ on this game. Well done guys, well done...
Kha'jun - VR16 - Khajiit - Stamina NB - AVA 34 - Aldmeri Dominion - EU
Kh'ajun - VR16 - Woodelf - Stamina NB - AVA 27 - Aldmeri Dominion - EU
K'hajun - VR16 - High Elf - Magicka NB - AVA 21 - Aldmeri Dominion - EU

Son of Kha'jun - VR16 - Khajiit - Stamina NB - AVA 18 - Ebonheart Pact - EU

Kha'jun II - VR16 - Khajiit - Stamina NB - AVA 46 - Aldmeri Dominion - NA

• Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    same here, I asked them for a refund, and they emailed me back telling me to *** off
  • Laerwein_ESO
    And the worse part is....I still have a speed penalty from stealthing. :(
    Main - Mylynia Detuyl - VR11 NB DC
    GM of The Darkest Hour, DC (though we have plenty of EP and a few AD)
  • Beldorr
    Beldorr
    ✭✭✭

The set is currently bugged and is not applying the bonus. Under Combat & Gameplay: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/131866/known-issues-for-update-4/p1

From what I've read/heard the night silence set was supposed to provide the same bonus as vampire dark stalker passive which removes the sneak penalty. The set bonus was not intended to stack with dark stalker providing double sneak penalty reductions. It looks like the tool tip was updated to reflect this.
  • Preky19
    Preky19
    ✭✭✭

The set is currently bugged and is not applying the bonus. Under Combat & Gameplay: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/131866/known-issues-for-update-4/p1

From what I've read/heard the night silence set was supposed to provide the same bonus as vampire dark stalker passive which removes the sneak penalty. The set bonus was not intended to stack with dark stalker providing double sneak penalty reductions. It looks like the tool tip was updated to reflect this.

The Night Silence set bonus before the update was: "Increase speed while Sneaking by 60%", and the Dark Stalker was: "Ignore movement speed penalty when Sneaking". This are completely two different things, so of course they will stack.

They didn't change the "tooltip", they changed the whole bonus and the meaning of it.

Now both are: "Ignore movement speed penalty when Sneaking", so of course they will not stack, since they are the same...
    Edited by Preky19 on September 17, 2014 5:37PM

• Preky19
    Preky19
    ✭✭✭

• MiyaTheUnbroken
    MiyaTheUnbroken
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the vampire bonus stacking with the set bonus was a bit much, but this is not the way to fix it. If this change stands then a large group of people will be punished to keep a small group of people from being slightly overpowered. It's the vampire stat that should be altered, not the set.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes developers, please put it back correctly like it was previously please,
    it was no threat or danger to anyone, it had no bonus nor help to battle or pvp or pve because it only applied while in stealth, cant cary a scroll in stealth, cannot have speed while out of stealth.
    there was nothing wrong with that speed we had and it was a very helpfull fun time to use it for my one and only character nightblade.

please return me to that speed so i can continue to have fun and also help me escape constant death.
  • Valije
    Valije
    ✭✭✭
    it was no threat or danger to anyone, it had no bonus nor help to battle or pvp or pve because it only applied while in stealth, cant cary a scroll in stealth, cannot have speed while out of stealth.

Sure. That's the reason why people improved it to legendary, because it was not used in battle...
    Edited by Valije on September 20, 2014 11:00PM