The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Night Silence Set - Dark Stalker - bring back the old bonuses and stacking

Preky19
Preky19
✭✭✭
The Night Silence set bonus before the update 1.4 was: "Increase speed while Sneaking by 60%", and the Dark Stalker was: "Ignore movement speed penalty when Sneaking".
Edited by Preky19 on September 20, 2014 2:25AM
Kha'jun - VR16 - Khajiit - Stamina NB - AVA 34 - Aldmeri Dominion - EU
Kh'ajun - VR16 - Woodelf - Stamina NB - AVA 27 - Aldmeri Dominion - EU
K'hajun - VR16 - High Elf - Magicka NB - AVA 21 - Aldmeri Dominion - EU

Son of Kha'jun - VR16 - Khajiit - Stamina NB - AVA 18 - Ebonheart Pact - EU

Kha'jun II - VR16 - Khajiit - Stamina NB - AVA 46 - Aldmeri Dominion - NA

Night Silence Set - Dark Stalker - bring back the old bonuses and stacking 104 votes

Yes
53%
AtaraxGilvothItsMeTooIorailmichaelb14a_ESO2MojmirWulfhoundSaetErykGrimmKevinmonOrangeTheCatbunnytrixVegarothDhariusindigobladeskijimaphreatophilerwelshmub17_ESOShunraviWoenprom 56 votes
No
38%
TitusFrophez_ESOMorHawkAett_Thornryanmjmcevoy_ESOTeargrantsStxPsychobunnidmarkle70b14_ESOForestd16b14_ESOHypertionb14_ESORylanaKhajitFurTraderGythralseneferab16_ESOKorprokCuddlerbuho.29eb17_ESOreActor1mousekime111rwb17_ESO 40 votes
I do not care
7%
UdyrfrykteDrenYolAreoHotahSkylandraJosh1200shadowz081Mud_PuppyCynnalia 8 votes
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Little bit confused. The night silence issue is a bug, isn't it?
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    yes developers, please put it back correctly like it was previously please,
    it was no threat or danger to anyone, it had no bonus nor help to battle or pvp or pve because it only applied while in stealth, cant cary a scroll in stealth, cannot have speed while out of stealth.
    there was nothing wrong with that speed we had and it was a very helpfull fun time to use it for my one and only character nightblade.

please return me to that speed so i can continue to have fun and also help me escape constant death.
    Edited by Gilvoth on September 20, 2014 2:49AM
  • Preky19
    Preky19
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    No, it wasn't a bug, worked as intended.

The Night Silence set bonus before the update was: "Increase speed while Sneaking by 60%", and the Dark Stalker was: "Ignore movement speed penalty when Sneaking". This are completely two different things, so of course they will stack.

They didn't change the "tooltip", they changed the whole bonus and the meaning of it.

Now both are: "Ignore movement speed penalty when Sneaking", so of course they will not stack, since they are the same...

• Ragefist
    Ragefist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those threads are not even amusing anymore. Its just getting annoying now
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    no one forced you to read this thread ragefist, if you do not like this subject then please refrain from reding it.
  • Preky19
    Preky19
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Ragefist wrote: »

Its a poll ;)

• Sykotical
    Sykotical
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I only voted no because that was the only thing tempting me to turn vamp. I still think that they shouldn't stack (or only with diminishing returns,) but the vamp skill should be slightly better. Enough such that us mortals have to sacrifice combat dps for that almost-as-good-as-a-monster boost in athleticism via a crafted set. Also NB cloak should activate Dark Stalker / Night's Silence speed boost.
    Son Azoth | Breton Nightblade
    PC - NA - DC - myCampaignTBD
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Son_Raizen wrote: »
    I only voted no because that was the only thing tempting me to turn vamp. I still think that they shouldn't stack (or only with diminishing returns,) but the vamp skill should be slightly better. Enough such that us mortals have to sacrifice combat dps for that almost-as-good-as-a-monster boost in athleticism via a crafted set. Also NB cloak should activate Dark Stalker / Night's Silence speed boost.

I would have been okay if they had capped sneak speed and let us keep some of the boost. They went for the most heavy handed (and probably easiest to code) approach tho.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • Paidkilla
    Paidkilla
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure why this was ever considered a exploit. I remember getting this email when i asked if it was working as intended.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!!! This is working as intended. No one should report you as speed hacking. No worries my friend, everything is fine.

If you feel this is unfair or have any feedback about the Night Silence armor as a vampire, you can always /feedback. To give feedback about the game, type "/feedback" in the Chat Box, or hit the F1 key and click on the quill and parchment icon. Players should be sure to include as much detail as possible in the description. When finished writing the feedback, players should then click "Submit Feedback" to send it. We read everyone's feedback.

Thank you for being a valued player of The Elder Scrolls Online!!

If you have a moment, please fill out the survey sent your email about our Customer Service. We would love to hear what you have to say.
  • Preky19
    Preky19
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Instead of removing the whole bonuses and stacking, they should have just adjust the Stamina consumption. Faster you sneak, faster your stamina goes down. Like this they would resolve the issue, if it was an issue at all, of outrunning the horses. You will need to stop to recover...
    They should start balancing the skills/sets/etc, not just removing them.

• jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preky19 wrote: »

The Night Silence set bonus before the update was: "Increase speed while Sneaking by 60%", and the Dark Stalker was: "Ignore movement speed penalty when Sneaking". This are completely two different things, so of course they will stack.

They didn't change the "tooltip", they changed the whole bonus and the meaning of it.

Now both are: "Ignore movement speed penalty when Sneaking", so of course they will not stack, since they are the same...

What was the practical difference?
  • Preky19
    Preky19
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

Dark Stalker was removing the penalty, Night Silence was increasing the sneak speed. So the bonuses were stacking and increasing the sneak speed.

Atm they made them the same, so to do not stack. And the sneak speed went down.

• Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The old bonus gave non-vampire characters a Sneak speed of 96% of regular running speed.

The new bonus will give non-vampire characters a Sneak speed of 100% of regular running speed.

Night's Silence was previously stacking on top of the the Vampire bonus (Sneak at 100% of regular running speed) which lead to an effective Sneak speed of 160% of regular running speed for vampires in Night's Silence.
    Now Night's Silence will not stack on top of vampire, because both simply remove the Sneak speed penalty rather than one of them increasing speed.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Preky19‌ @Samadhi‌ ahhh thanks guys.
  • Probitas
    Probitas
    ✭✭✭
    No
    It was too much. It had to be nipped. No one should be sneaking at such a high rate of speed. Want to move fast? RUN. You still have that option.
  • blowe_none
    blowe_none
    Soul Shriven
    Probitas wrote: »
    It was too much. It had to be nipped. No one should be sneaking at such a high rate of speed. Want to move fast? RUN. You still have that option.

Ultimately no one should be doing anything that’s done in this game. It’s a fantasy game.

So a vampire can sneak almost as fast as a horse can run because he crafted a set of armor that gave him magic abilities to do so. Sounds good to me. I would believe it if it were in a movie.

I have heard it so many times in this forum. People saying that it’s impossible for something to sneak that fast. And they are right. In real life it’s impossible. BUT the one place it SHOULD be possible is in a game with characters who sprout wings and fly through the air to attack you or, where skeletons talk to you (they don’t even have tongues) a place where you can magically manifest a spear of light and hurl it through the air at a zombies chest or even something as simple as a crab that follows you everywhere. A place like this should surly contain a creature that can sneak ALMOST as fast as a horse.

My point is Vamps and NBs aren’t asking for anything ridiculous. Just sneak a little faster. So what. Maybe if the percentage would have been nerfed Say from 60% to 30%, rather than decimating the whole set up all together it wouldn’t have been so bad.
  • Atarax
    Atarax
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    As the author of this thread (where you can get factual information on how it works instead of people parroting false information they've heard):

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/132089/feedback-suggestion-not-a-petition-please-reinstate-nights-silence-dark-stalker-stacking?new=1

I obviously vote yes.

Also, note, this is not just a nightblade thing. Any class can become a vampire, and any class can wear night's silence.

The speed buff also does not apply when you are in combat, so, contrary to what people think, no, it is not OP by any stretch of the imagination, and there are heavy drawbacks that come with reaching these speeds.

But it's fun, so I'm willing to take the hit for the fun factor.

Lastly:
    Instead of removing the whole bonuses and stacking, they should have just adjust the Stamina consumption. Faster you sneak, faster your stamina goes down. Like this they would resolve the issue, if it was an issue at all, of outrunning the horses. You will need to stop to recover...

It wasn't actually possible using night's silence + dark stalker to outrun even normal mounts (that had max apples) that were sprinting. That was misinformation.

Night's silence + dark stalker = 160% movement speed
    Standard mount (max apples), sprinting = 190% movement speed

The closest you could get, is if you add in concealed blade as a nightblade, which = 186% speed total with the other two.

The fastest mounts also go up to 200% speed.

Also, the stamina burn was significant enough that you have to stop and rest over medium distances or use stamina pots. Whereas people recover stamina while moving on the horse, so people on the horse can cast rapid manouvre every time it drops to go even faster than 200% (we also tested this in Cyrodiil, with both my friends, on the fastest mounts, and I, using rapid manouvre; they blew me away).

It was fine as it was. The people who were up in arms against it either didn't know how it worked, or were trying to get other people nerfed out of spite.
    Edited by Atarax on September 20, 2014 6:34AM
    50 Bosmer Nightblade
    50 Breton Sorcerer
    50 Dunmer Dragonknight
    50 Imperial Templar
    50 Khajit Nightblade
    50 Imperial Dragonknight
    50 Altmer Sorcerer
    50 Argonian Templar

Discussions of Interest:
    Class Balance in 1.6
    Quest Choices
    Request to Reinstate Night's Silence and Dark Stalker stacking
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Paidkilla wrote: »
    Not sure why this was ever considered a exploit. I remember getting this email when i asked if it was working as intended.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!!! This is working as intended. No one should report you as speed hacking. No worries my friend, everything is fine.

If you feel this is unfair or have any feedback about the Night Silence armor as a vampire, you can always /feedback. To give feedback about the game, type "/feedback" in the Chat Box, or hit the F1 key and click on the quill and parchment icon. Players should be sure to include as much detail as possible in the description. When finished writing the feedback, players should then click "Submit Feedback" to send it. We read everyone's feedback.

If you have a moment, please fill out the survey sent your email about our Customer Service. We would love to hear what you have to say.

The above being the case, they REALLY need to explain themselves!!! :neutral_face:
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• GreyPilgrim
    GreyPilgrim
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Paidkilla wrote: »

The above being the case, they REALLY need to explain themselves!!! :neutral_face:

Yeah, see that's why they had to call it an 'issue' in the Patch notes, not a 'bug'. Because they knew darn well they had intended it to work that way, and the 'issue' was people griping about it, not an oversight in design.

I would be happy with this being re-implemented, even if there was a cap of say %150 movement speed while stealthed. But, given that they changed Night's Silence completely, I'm not holding my breath.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Oh boo woo vampires got a real nerd for once. Get over it you vampires.
  • blowe_none
    blowe_none
    Soul Shriven
    It wasnt just vamps. anyone could have used this.

It wasnt just vamps. Anyone could have used this. Cant wait till they nerf something you put a ton of time, money and effort into. I bet you would be frustrated too.
    Edited by blowe_none on September 21, 2014 2:33AM
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    blowe_none wrote: »
    It wasnt just vamps. anyone could have used this.

It wasnt just vamps. Anyone could have used this. Cant wait till they nerf something you put a ton of time, money and effort into. I bet you would be frustrated too.

only thing i put gold and time into is my smithing and they made it easier with this new nirnhoned cause they added another skill point use for research time so now everything is shorten by one day :p sure one day isn't much but I'm taking it.
  • Revy
    Revy
    Atarax wrote: »
    As the author of this thread (where you can get factual information on how it works instead of people parroting false information they've heard):

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/132089/feedback-suggestion-not-a-petition-please-reinstate-nights-silence-dark-stalker-stacking?new=1

I obviously vote yes.

Also, note, this is not just a nightblade thing. Any class can become a vampire, and any class can wear night's silence.

The speed buff also does not apply when you are in combat, so, contrary to what people think, no, it is not OP by any stretch of the imagination, and there are heavy drawbacks that come with reaching these speeds.

But it's fun, so I'm willing to take the hit for the fun factor.

Lastly:

It wasn't actually possible using night's silence + dark stalker to outrun even normal mounts (that had max apples) that were sprinting. That was misinformation.

Night's silence + dark stalker = 160% movement speed
    Standard mount (max apples), sprinting = 190% movement speed

The closest you could get, is if you add in concealed blade as a nightblade, which = 186% speed total with the other two.

The fastest mounts also go up to 200% speed.

Also, the stamina burn was significant enough that you have to stop and rest over medium distances or use stamina pots. Whereas people recover stamina while moving on the horse, so people on the horse can cast rapid manouvre every time it drops to go even faster than 200% (we also tested this in Cyrodiil, with both my friends, on the fastest mounts, and I, using rapid manouvre; they blew me away).

It was fine as it was. The people who were up in arms against it either didn't know how it worked, or were trying to get other people nerfed out of spite.

You forgot to take into account the divine trait with the steed mundus stone
  • GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    it was no threat or danger to anyone, it had no bonus nor help to battle or pvp or pve

please return me to that speed so i can continue to have fun and also help me escape constant death.

Eh? Make up your mind.

Super fast hidden speed is an advantage, even if it's not in combat.
    Achievements Suck
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    What they did is the perfect solution, it seems perfectly clear that Night's Silence and Shadow Dancer were both sets that intended to be a different option for sneak speed as opposed to going vampire. Now they all have the same bonus, can't stack, because sneaking at **** *** speed is not supposed to be in the game. It was a HUGE advantage for serious groups in PvP to be able to have one person scout enemy camps etc. at ultra fast speeds while being impossible to detect.

TL;DR - Stop beating a dead horse.
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not care
    Ragefist wrote: »

What threads? This thread? Its "this" not "those" lolz.
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]