The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Which race would you like to see on TESO and Why?

kherzaheb17_ESO
kherzaheb17_ESO
✭✭✭
Question is simple ! enjoy!
Edited by kherzaheb17_ESO on July 20, 2014 11:22PM

Which race would you like to see on TESO and Why? 155 votes

Aedra -Aedroth (regarded as the counterparts and opposites of the Deadra )
7%
Armitasuktitanb16_ESOAriBohmalbaboeb17_ESOglitchmaster999ZabusYEttisheepTeraAngelosskitoman99VunterTr1cksh0tWeide 12 votes
Tang Mo - Monkey people
7%
manyrabidratspechecklerkyler9987b16_ESOmagpieKimbyungmodnnyrssll7TheTycoonAeradonShader_ShibesImmortal_WombatLigerosPawps 12 votes
Chimer - Similar like Altmer with darker skin
1%
Ayreleandro.800ub17_ESORezzo 3 votes
Dwemer - Deep-Elves
18%
adowen_ESOPrudenceAzarulStxDcaliberTurin_TurambarAlienSlofThatRedguardGuyDhariusDaraughKirito144kherzaheb17_ESOSlovenian_GamerKarikinmar42freeGTech_1KraidenDoveKenthrosCsubThomas 28 votes
Maormer - Sea Elves
12%
Udyrfrykteseancaputo_ESOlavosslayerindytims_ESOclaytonjhouserb14_ESOMalivekManhgiWodwoMaulkinVegarothgurluasb16_ESOvrinegdorsettub17_ESOgladen5rwb17_ESOtheroyalestpythonnub18_ESOIstyarElf_BoyLord_HevKronospherejrgray93 20 votes
Imga - Great Apes
5%
LtCrunchNazon_Kattsgtclm67b16_ESOedwardspruitb16_ESOAlexDoughertyCheesyDaedraarkanidousPreachan 8 votes
Lilmothiit -A vulpine (fox-like)
12%
WhitePawPrintsNorthernFuryCinnamon_SpiderEnodocSoupDragonisengrimb16_ESOGhostwalkerLDAuraliadieTechnikrunagateLalaiUmbra_ZadumbychSionR25emeraldbayFi'yraBakaChanrekinaMondoLyrro 19 votes
Tsaesci - Snake- human mix with golden
8%
LauraKikazaruGreyleafSootyTXElavePanda244hondelinkLord_DraevanCodyFalmerMortalioThalmor_PonyVikeKing27 13 votes
Kamal - Snow demons
5%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOKarlosTheGrouchNeizirKorprokThisOnePostsAkulaPaskeAZSharksFanchaserowan 9 votes
Deadra - Daedroth ( may call Demons but not entirely true)
20%
GilvothGalenMalpherianfknapp46b14_ESOGrasshopperMalnutritionwoodlandwoodsb14_ESOfrankuguzzb16_ESOElemberbigos81eb17_ESOderrick51902ub17_ESOEMacedo72ub17_ESObabylongidianbatemanrwb17_ESOSkillgannonrynthunaratheb17_ESOelias.stormneb18_ESOarbaaz_ali_786peb18_ESOUPrime 31 votes
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deadra - Daedroth ( may call Demons but not entirely true)
    I assume you mean playable race?

I think aedra would also be cool , eitherway , i would not make a new char to play any race really heh.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Theosis
    Theosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Murloc
    This is were my signature would be if I was allowed one.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chimer and Dwemer would be lore breaking. They do not exist as of this time.

None of the others have ever been playable.

If we are going to vote for over the top races to play, though, I want to play a Sload.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwemer - Deep-Elves
    Dwemmer are a fascinating race but then again maybe if they remain a mystery it is better. Still, I am curious about them and their disappearance.
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of them.

Then ten currently playable races are enough, and there's no sensible way to add more without mucking up the story or the lore. Leave it as is, this doesnt need to be changed.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • indytims_ESO
    indytims_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maormer - Sea Elves
    Sea Elves... to be released coinciding with a water 'update' with adventures and exploration beneath the waves....
  • gurluasb16_ESO
    gurluasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maormer - Sea Elves
    Maormer or Dremora would be nice.
  • Vunter
    Vunter
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to play as a GOD.
    Also chimer and dwemer are a little too dead to be playable in my opinion.
  • gurluasb16_ESO
    gurluasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maormer - Sea Elves
    The Chimer still exist in Cathnoquey, and are still around by the time of Morrowind, so they're not extinct. Even less so if you count Dunmer as Chimer.
    Edited by gurluasb16_ESO on July 21, 2014 12:10AM
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vunter wrote: »

Not dead. The chimer became the Dunmer, and the Dwemer are just not in this plane of existence. I mean they could be dead, but who knows. There were no bodies left.

Of course, there IS currently one Dwemer in existence, and he probably doesn't have corprus yet, so I guess one person could play a dwemer.
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fox people would look awesome, and could include lots of variant colours/looks.
  • Vunter
    Vunter
    ✭✭✭

Not dead. The chimer became the Dunmer, and the Dwemer are just not in this plane of existence. I mean they could be dead, but who knows. There were no bodies left.

Of course, there IS currently one Dwemer in existence, and he probably doesn't have corprus yet, so I guess one person could play a dwemer.
    It was only a joke :I

Thanks for the lore lesson.. I guess?
    Btw, there is also a chimer that is still in existence, if we want to be so finicky.. Almalexia.
    Oh, and dwemer could be dead as they could still live in a different plane. All we know is that they were removed from this world.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Btw, there is also a chimer that is still in existence, if we want to be so finicky.. Almalexia.
    Oh, and dwemer could be dead as they could still live in a different plane. All we know is that they were removed from this world.

Almalexia is a god, not a chimer. I suppose after the heart of lorkhan is destroyed and her power starts to wan, she could be considered a chimer again, but she has otherwise ascended past race.

Of course, if you still see her as a chimer, there are actually three chimers in existence, almalexia, vivec, and sotha sil, (and Dagoth Ur if god-types count, actually.)
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daedroth are only one kind of Daedra. The Daedra are the creatures from oblivion. As we have seen, the Daedra have many races which the people of Nirn do not have much knowledge of.

This thread has been done before, and my choice is that we do not need anymore races. If I were to choose though, I would add the Ashen race from the Skyrim mod.
    Edited by SFBryan18 on July 21, 2014 12:45AM
  • Vunter
    Vunter
    ✭✭✭

Almalexia is a god, not a chimer. I suppose after the heart of lorkhan is destroyed and her power starts to wan, she could be considered a chimer again, but she has otherwise ascended past race.

Of course, if you still see her as a chimer, there are actually three chimers in existence, almalexia, vivec, and sotha sil, (and Dagoth Ur if god-types count, actually.)
    She's a god but she's also a chimer.. sort of.
    Whatever man, you beated me in the lore battle of death, congrats, I suppose.
    Edited by Vunter on July 21, 2014 12:44AM
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wood Orcs.

And I would love to see certain race options only unlock after completing particularly challenging content. I had a blast with Tabula Rasa with making alts (I'm already an alt-aholic) because as your main progressed, you could create alts with new features and stats.

Imaging helping take over the imperial city and unlocking an Imperial race (for those who didn't buy the imperial edition).

MMO's need more New Game+ content options. There is a huge group of players who are constantly generating and growing new alts, and would love to have content built for us to make this process more entertaining.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

She's a god but she's also a chimer.. sort of.
    Whatever man, you beated me in the lore battle of death, congrats, I suppose.

it;s not a contest, it's an exchange of information. :P
  • Aortick
    Aortick
    ✭✭✭
    no no no no no no no no!!!! Sooooo much wrong with adding another playable Race.
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imga - Great Apes
    Tam!RUGH!
    N37nO40707.jpg
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tam!RUGH!
    N37nO40707.jpg

omg that ape is going to eat someone's face off, I just know it!
  • Auralia
    Auralia
    ✭✭✭
    There's too manly elves already, we need another beast race.
  • CheesyDaedra
    CheesyDaedra
    ✭✭✭
    Imga - Great Apes
    Because most of the other races are either extinct or live in different planes of the Aurbis.

Also make the Ka' Po' Tun invade Tamriel and have them fight against the Khajit C:< (that would be epic IMO).
    Edited by CheesyDaedra on July 21, 2014 1:39AM
    Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick, it's a very delicate state of mind.
  • Dcaliber
    Dcaliber
    ✭✭✭
    Dwemer - Deep-Elves
    Dwemer would be awesome to see, except that it is completly lore breaking and I hate lore breaking. The Akaviri snake people would be great as well. Again, lore breaking. Another play-able race is a no no.
    "Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination"
    -Mark Twain
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, Akaviri or Dwemer. We're sitting on the cusp of their involvement in Tamriel (at least compared to many later games) and could easily handle them without completely destroying canon.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, Akaviri or Dwemer. We're sitting on the cusp of their involvement in Tamriel (at least compared to many later games) and could easily handle them without completely destroying canon.

Dwemer are already gone, how would they be viable?
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This game already has a good precedent of time traveling, and the nearness of the Dwemer event makes it more viable in my opinion.

Plus, there seems to be a precedent for 'not as extinct as we thought', with Kothringi, Snow Elves, Aldmeri, etc.

XBOX NA

• smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This game already has a good precedent of time traveling, and the nearness of the Dwemer event makes it more viable in my opinion.

Plus, there seems to be a precedent for 'not as extinct as we thought', with Kothringi, Snow Elves, Aldmeri, etc.

I don't think having an entire race that is just time traveling to the current time is anything but lore breaking.

And yes the dwemer are gone, even the last dwemer, who was on other planes when the disappearance happened, could not find his people. The whole thing is meant to be an unsolved mystery for a reason.
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandas
  • Dcaliber
    Dcaliber
    ✭✭✭
    Dwemer - Deep-Elves
    ZoS just needs to implement a Dragon Break in the lore. They can do a bunch of things and not have it affect TES. Shoddycast mentioned this in a video about ESO timeline.
    Dragon Break: A break/split in the timelines which explains why no one in future TES game remembers or heard of the events.
    Example: Little Billy saw an Akaviri soldier in ESO. Little Billy the 9th never heard/saw an Akaviri.
    "Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination"
    -Mark Twain
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think having an entire race that is just time traveling to the current time is anything but lore breaking.

And yes the dwemer are gone, even the last dwemer, who was on other planes when the disappearance happened, could not find his people. The whole thing is meant to be an unsolved mystery for a reason.

An entire race? No, not likely. A small handful of possibly several thousand 'exceptions'? Much more plausible.

I'm not talking about the whole society coming back. Simply player characters, which could be 'remnants' or 'left overs'. Maybe they are mix breeds. Maybe they were cut off. Etc.

The fact that it's an unsolved mystery means it's full of potential plot holes. Case in point, what do Dwemer even look like that would make them immediately distinguishable from other Mer? Would we see one and the NPC on the street immediately know it's a Dwemer?

Even in later generations, we walk around in their armor and some even inhabit their structures. It's entirely possible, if even probable, that not all dwemer knew what was going on or why the race vanished, and that they could still be in Tamriel and just not be known.

Course, I prefer the 'remnants' line, and think that an unlocked race would be a very fun addition. You could even write it into the lore that it was later proven that these weren't 'pure bloods' and thus weren't technically Dwemer any longer.

XBOX NA