The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Ok, I admit it. I missed ESO and I'm back

Ecco
Ecco
✭✭✭
I know that "goodbye posts" violate the code of conduct and get locked (I didn't actually know that until after I posted one, but I know it now). I don't know if "I'm back" posts are in violation, but I suppose I will learn if so.

Anyway, my wife and I left after some frustration and tried Wildstar. We were there for all of a week and could not WAIT to get back to ESO. Two WS subs cancelled, and I'm glad we didn't yet cancel our ESO subs. It is so good to be back to a game that is epic in every way, that is fun to play (we spent our first night back in Cyrodil), and can only get better. Yes, we've had quest blocking frustrations, but we have confirmed that the main ones that were bothering us have been fixed.

At the end of the day, the main reason we are back is because ESO is just such a better game. More fun, more epic, simple but deep, and ultimately very rewarding to play. And it will only get better in time. The thought of all that's to come after stability is reached is pretty exciting.

So ok, I jumped ship prematurely. But I'm back and I'm glad as hell.
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by Blackwidow on June 12, 2014 7:27AM
  • Soliduparrow
    Soliduparrow
    ✭✭✭
    I like the 1-50 game a lot. I don't like the veteran levels at all. I view this game the same as I view far cry 3. Something fun to play through but I wont pay $15 to play through it again.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back. No harm in looking if the grass is greener on the neighbors lawn :D
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the same but with a guest pass and I didn't get to 2 days, it's just too archaic and the combat.. the combat....
    Anyway, welcome back, judging by Wildstar forum a lot will follow soon eh eh eh
  • joshweps
    joshweps
    ✭✭✭
    I like the 1-50 game a lot. I don't like the veteran levels at all. I view this game the same as I view far cry 3. Something fun to play through but I wont pay $15 to play through it again.

I dont understand why everyones saying this Im having so much more fun in VR zones 1-50 was really easy for me as a sorc and Im not a Hardcore player or anything. I fully get the games not as easy as wow and pretty much every other mmo but its ES and ES games are hard. well not really skyrim but still harder than wow
    Edited by joshweps on June 12, 2014 7:58AM
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »

Are they actually comparing to ESO there? So many in this forum was so raging on ESO and saying they will go to Wildstar.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Sallakat
    Sallakat
    ✭✭✭
    Only reason I've been even remotely thinking of getting WS on the side is the pvp, but I just can't get over the visuality of the game. No need to address it more, everyone knows what the game looks like. It's just... horrible :D I tried WS beta but it didn't get me sold, leveled just a bit, tried the pvp, and couldn't wait to get back to ESO :D
    Plus apparently even the leveling is a grind there. And tbh my evening plans are not to spend 85mins on one very low level dungeon, as apparently you do in WS. I dunno if it's an age thing, I'm at my thirties, but all that put together just doesn't add up to something I wanna invest quite a lot of my time :P
    Don't get me wrong, ESO VR levels can be a grind unless you do group activities to freshen things up, but overall package with the awesome visuality is something I want to, and I do, spend quite a lot of time on with my husband and gaming buddies from previous MMO.

That being said: welcome back to ESO :)
    Rebuilt - Aldmeri Dominion

Kaia Linnea - templar
    Ruusu - sorcerer
    Aino - nightblade
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I've been reading the Wildstar forums. They seem quite happy over there in general.
  • Ecco
    Ecco
    ✭✭✭
    It's like so many other forums, it's a constant battle over there between the fanbois and the haters, and ESO was the usual target. But if I try to look at things as objectively as I can, I would say there were a lot more complaints there than here, where I can actually learn a lot about the game instead of just nerf/bug rants. We get a lot of that here, too, but it seems worse there.

What else is new lol? At the end of the day, it's about which game is more fun and that one is ESO hands down. I learned that firsthand.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syntse wrote: »

Are they actually comparing to ESO there? So many in this forum was so raging on ESO and saying they will go to Wildstar.

I haven't read much, so I can't tell. But they seem to complain about the same things people complain around here so....
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackwidow wrote: »

I've been reading the Wildstar forums. They seem quite happy over there in general.

Really? When was that because just this morning we had a look at it seemed the mirror image of this forum
  • ebondeath
    ebondeath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You came back for the sweet rolls, didn't you? :#
    ╔═════════════⌈Alannah Corvaine⌋══════════════╗
    Rise, rise! To freedom, rise! Arise, ye Breton sons and daughters.
    Ride, ride! To freedom, ride! Truth and glory to the brave!
    ╚═════════════⌊VR 12 Breton NB⌉══════════════╝
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back! Grab a pole, go fishing, and admire the beautiful sunsets in Auridon. When you get bored with that, explore, craft, find treasure chests, quest . . . It's only going to get better!
    Tamriel is paradise!
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back. Regular visits to other games is natural, most people enjoy diversity. Who wants to eat the same meal every day for months on end?
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ecco wrote: »
    I know that "goodbye posts" violate the code of conduct and get locked (I didn't actually know that until after I posted one, but I know it now). I don't know if "I'm back" posts are in violation, but I suppose I will learn if so.

I don't think they are, haven't seen anyone mention them as bannable.
    Anyway, my wife and I left after some frustration and tried Wildstar. We were there for all of a week and could not WAIT to get back to ESO. Two WS subs cancelled, and I'm glad we didn't yet cancel our ESO subs. It is so good to be back to a game that is epic in every way, that is fun to play (we spent our first night back in Cyrodil), and can only get better. Yes, we've had quest blocking frustrations, but we have confirmed that the main ones that were bothering us have been fixed.

At the end of the day, the main reason we are back is because ESO is just such a better game. More fun, more epic, simple but deep, and ultimately very rewarding to play. And it will only get better in time. The thought of all that's to come after stability is reached is pretty exciting.

So ok, I jumped ship prematurely. But I'm back and I'm glad as hell.

Ok, but don't jump ship prematurely again, you have to wait with the rest of us to scramble at the last minute. :O >:) :O
    Edited by AlexDougherty on June 12, 2014 4:00PM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Spryt
    Spryt
    ✭✭
    joshweps wrote: »

I dont understand why everyones saying this Im having so much more fun in VR zones 1-50 was really easy for me as a sorc and Im not a Hardcore player or anything. I fully get the games not as easy as wow and pretty much every other mmo but its ES and ES games are hard. well not really skyrim but still harder than wow

Mainly beacuse if you ever want to try another class or when/if they add more classes later you will have to do all three faction all over again on every single charcter you make... That sucks.

Also kind of ruins the lore and story. How will it work when they add new story content? Do faction/main story until 50, then go do all other faction then go back to own faction and continue story? And then what? Do other factions new story too?

Imagine a few years on when they have 2-3 expansions each adding faction story. Now imagine starting a new charcter... or two...
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Back.
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • tawok
    tawok
    ✭✭✭
    I hope I feel the same as you after I take a break. I'm letting my sub run out in 2 days. In the past week, I've logged in 4 times, and have logged out within 20 minutes due to boredom, repetitive quests, and *** PVP.
    Leader of Stand by Your Van

Find me online @Tawok
    On steam at Apocky+Tawok
    Streaming On Twitch
    On the Tube

Hayl: Sword & Board DragonKnight
    Tawok: 2h Aedric Templar
    Hyll: Summer Sorcerer Extraordinaire
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice signature @liquidtime, I'm almost tempted to add that spoiler into my own.
    O:)
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back!
  • Inco
    Inco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.. visual effects are a playing factor for me. I jump back to SWTOR for raiding some, but hate the color downgrade each time.

Meanwhile, just collecting mats on my Templar and popping over to my DK and SORC to have some fun in 1-50 myself. (Wont do VR again - EVER if not fixed)
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spryt wrote: »
    joshweps wrote: »

Mainly beacuse if you ever want to try another class or when/if they add more classes later you will have to do all three faction all over again on every single charcter you make... That sucks.

Also kind of ruins the lore and story. How will it work when they add new story content? Do faction/main story until 50, then go do all other faction then go back to own faction and continue story? And then what? Do other factions new story too?

Imagine a few years on when they have 2-3 expansions each adding faction story. Now imagine starting a new charcter... or two...

Itl be no different to me than replaying skyrim/oblivion/morrowind and their expansions over
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice signature @liquidtime, I'm almost tempted to add that spoiler into my own.
    O:)

There are some others. Let me know if you want your own unique one ^^
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blackwidow wrote: »

Really? When was that because just this morning we had a look at it seemed the mirror image of this forum

They were mad at ZOS, too?

That seems a bit harsh.
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spryt wrote: »

All really good points. I'm really struggling with what they did to vet levels and am considering shelving those characters to level in PvP only. It makes zero sense to be in those faction areas with no additional story/quest line. Just lazy on Zos' part.
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back!
  • Spryt
    Spryt
    ✭✭
    BBSooner wrote: »

Itl be no different to me than replaying skyrim/oblivion/morrowind and their expansions over

I mainly find the reason I still go back to older Elder Scrolls games is player made mods. Try new player made area or companions. If no mods I don't think I would be replaying Skyrim as many times as I have.

But Welcome back. I'm still enjoying ESO. Just not as much as I think I would have without vet levels.
    Edited by Spryt on June 12, 2014 5:01PM
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome back. :D
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back. I, as well, tried the WS beta and found it garish, cartoony, silly and, while the combat was well designed, the whole game just felt grindy and low-brow. After ESO, with the stunning graphics ( admittedly, I have a machine that can run at max settings and get 60+ FPS ), voice acting ( even if half of the world is voiced by 3 actors ) and engaging stories, WS just seemed vapid.

Enjoy Tamriel. Take your time and see -everything-. Find that hidden quest that you have to literally wander into. Search for treasure chests and craft amazing gear. ESO has a lot to offer and I, for one, am happy to have you back.

Welcome Home. We have sweetrolls... and arrows to the knee if you leave again.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • Morbus2
    Morbus2
    ✭✭✭
    First, welcome back.

I, like many other people who play this game, come to the forums to express our dissatisfaction with the ZoS dev. team because of there inability to fix the many on going problems that this game has.

However, overall, I still like this game. I took a really close look at WS and although its a more polished game, it just looks goofy. I just can't get over the fact that it looks soo flipping goofy. It's like a goofy version of WoW in space, but even goofier.

Goofy (sp?)