The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

DK Solos Craglorn

davidhorstub17_ESO
davidhorstub17_ESO
✭✭✭
Aetherian Archive Trial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-AihITyYqQ

4 Man Dungeons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pODBGHKF2VU

nerf elemental drain but leave siphon spirit alone? nerf impulse but buff force shock? and still no alternative to staves since stamina wep builds are garbage. and you guys nerfed templars and nightblades? hey its great my dk is the master class and two thumbs up on the class design, but its lonely at the top after all of my templar and nb friends have quit the game refusing to reroll through the quest grind. who is driving the balance bus at zos?
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siphon Spirit should only be able to be cast on one target... in my experience it erases off the last target when a new one is cast on.......

Vid2 clearly shows evidence to the oppsite tho.... maybe a recent change or something but i have never gotten that to work in my experience...

havent played the character with those skills since before the update tho.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • stungateb14_ESO
    stungateb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Its been evident since way back in closed beta ZOS couldnt balance stamina and magicka builds aside from some gimmick magicka has always been the OP choice hell there were warlock NB builds demostrating everything you were doing months ago now I guess it will be DK Fire Mage builds. Sad that even with a $200m budget they couldnt do more extensive testing maybe instead of paying out millions for voice overs they could of developed a PTS because obviously their in house testers SUCK.
  • serenity_painted
    serenity_painted
    ✭✭✭
    How is this still possible after this long lol? I expected this game to have balance problems but this is just taking the ***.
  • subecsanur
    subecsanur
    ✭✭✭
    Bump to show and tell, very nicely done btw
  • RageGamerRyan
    RageGamerRyan
    ✭✭
    Okay so because something works so well it just HAS TO BE NERFED FOR REAL?! That is the logic of you people? Immature kids like you are the reason this game will fall one day and be F2P... Always crying about something...
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes if something works so well that lets you solo content designed for a group it has to be nerfed. For real.
  • Goibot
    Goibot
    ✭✭✭
    And this nerfed V3 Templar runs from trash mobs. Disgusting
  • Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭
    DK's are the new Bright Wizards.

• davidetombab16_ESO
    davidetombab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    this is proof that the ZeniMax are incompetent
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if any consideration has been made for class changes. Yes, it doesn't solve the root of the class balance problem, but if one could pay a hefty gold price to swap classes, it would at least remove the need to reroll completely if your class is nerfed or unbalanced.

The op mentioned disgruntled NB players. At least some would probably jump on board a class change to stay competitive. There will probably come a time when all the DK's will feel the hurt and I'd like an alternative to "reroll" at that time as well.

It takes time and effort on the development side to balance classes. There will always be one on the bottom but class change options or perhaps even a multiclass option (mix and match 3 class trees) could happen?
    Edited by redspecter23 on May 27, 2014 1:58AM
  • davidetombab16_ESO
    davidetombab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Give me a respec class, I would pay $ 50, I have no problem with my NB(I spent more than 400k gold in respec) but this is enough for me, my patience is running out
    Edited by davidetombab16_ESO on May 27, 2014 2:06AM
  • aleister
    aleister
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should either differentiate the classes or just get rid of them and make all skill lines available to everyone.
  • fyrefenix
    fyrefenix
    ✭✭✭
    veou49.jpg

meanwhile when two veteran 4 beetles are much for a nerfed templar to handle
    Natjur ✭✭✭
    4:24PM
    There is currently only two classes in this game, DK and Sorcs.
    Templar's and NB are just 'extras' that have not been removed yet.
  • t.claudio.usnub18_ESO
    Look at his health, it's not even[snip] moving, this is bullcrap, I wasted so much time getting my Templar to vr 3 and die on world trash mobs.

I also have alts and something isn't right with the Templar, I have such a easy time killing mobs with my DK, I even soloed Dung Bosses at lower levels, I remember playing my Templar though those levels and it was ruff.

You guys made a great game but really lack in the balance department, I feel that your team that is in charge of the games balance needs to be replaced and you need to hire someone that knows how to balance classes.

We have been telling you what the problem is and you seem to think you know whats best, I hate to break it to you but most of us have been MMO players for over a decade and yes we do know more then your team when it comes to balance, the proof is in the video above.

I will tell you what is wrong with the DK and what makes them overpowered, it's the damage over time, reason is in a twitch type game were you need to have a target in sight to do damage having a class that is heavy damage over time nullifies the twitch game play that all other classes have to go through.

The DK's damage over time is static damage and takes the brain out of playing a game such as this, example with my Templar I have to stay glued on my target to do damage and also have to keep active in my button pressing to do damage, on the other hand we have a DK were all they have to do is apply it once and walk away letting the damage over time to kill the target allowing the DK to react in a defensive manner until the damage over time needs to be reapplied, on every other class we cant do that we have to open our selves up to attacks to do damage taking away from out defensive stances.

You what to know how I play my DK, I'll tell ya, I run into a group of 5 mobs, drop Burning Talons followed by a Burning Embers on a few enemies and wait for my heal all while I hold down my block in till all the enemies die, the messes up thing is even with a heavy stamina build my damage over time ticks as hard as my weapon attacks, so pretty much my burns are passive left mouse clicks that auto attacks my enemy non stop at any range without me having to even keep my enemy within my cross hairs unlike every other class in the game.

This is the last month your getting out of me unless I see buffs coming in the way of all none DK classes.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on August 27, 2014 12:30AM
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why am I not surprised.....

But once again, its not COMPLETELY that its a DK, its the armor and weapon that are the biggest problem and ZoE's "resource of choice" that is the problem.

DK skills can be seen as way more well-round that other class skills, but he wouldnt be doing any of that with medium/heavy armor and any other weapon other than destro staff.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on May 27, 2014 5:27AM
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh , DKs were also quite OP before , in the end , the DK very concept made it trully strong alone , while something like my templar ... well , it is just bad.

Not that this was not quite clear before , but now they even went out of their way to nerf bitting jabs , which even using , templars were not ahead when it came down to dps at all.

So they nerfed a already not ahead at all class for god knows the reason.

It is this lack of ... understanding of their own game , that proves zen still has a LONG way ahead of them.

Personally , i gave them till my time run out to fix bitting jabs.

Not everyone is a DK , not everyone will spend the time to reroll one either.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Zab101
    Zab101
    Cleary the answer is to nerf the destruction and restoration staff abilities and light armor passives so all non DK's are also affected. Buff Talons and Embers. Then to be sure this never happens again, nerf the other classes that aren't DK.
  • dideldumdei
    dideldumdei
    ✭✭
    Wake up ZOS!
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zab101 wrote: »
    Cleary the answer is to nerf the destruction and restoration staff abilities and light armor passives so all non DK's are also affected. Buff Talons and Embers. Then to be sure this never happens again, nerf the other classes that aren't DK.

Nice sarcasm, but if you were paying attention youd notice that the 1 of his bars has only 3 DK skills, and the other only 2. NONE OF THEM are talons or embers so you might as well stop mentioning those.

Maybe you will also notice how he never runs out of MP. Magicka furnace light armor set is primary contributer to this. The Draw Essense morph of Inhale doesnt give you as much MP back as you lose casting the spell, and was already nerfed to hit only 3 targets for the life drain. Resto staff heals give back more than that for less MP use.

Maybe you will notice the wave of fire he keeps spamming. Thats impulse from destruction staff.

I'm sure you already know exactly whats going on and you use or close to use the exact same method and dont want your precious OP clone'd combo reduced a balance with other combos. Yes, nerfing the majority of the problem will nerf every class using the same combo, and other classes still need their own survivability buffs, but Light armor/destro staff is a plague on this game right now.

There is also a thread of those getting the fastest times in trials. Majority DK/Sorc, all light armor destro/resto staff, and one token templar for heals.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on May 27, 2014 5:50AM
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sickens me to see light armor more effective tank than heavy armor.
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    G'dang. When this DK/Sorc Destro/Resto fotm combo is nerfed the player base will dip like a wrecking ball hit it.

All end game focused mmo players always rely upon what is proven most effective ... but they still attach themselves to characters (even though concept had little to do with it). When a game stays this far out of whack for a long time it, then fixes it, there is a massive risk to community health.
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tamanous wrote: »
    G'dang. When this DK/Sorc Destro/Resto fotm combo is nerfed the player base will dip like a wrecking ball hit it.

All end game focused mmo players always rely upon what is proven most effective ... but they still attach themselves to characters (even though concept had little to do with it). When a game stays this far out of whack for a long time it, then fixes it, there is a massive risk to community health.

A sorc with destro staff isn't doing anywhere close to what this DK is doing. I wish people like you would shut the hell up.

Show me the video of Sorcerers soloing world bosses and elden hollow, let alone Craglorn dungeons.
    Edited by Crescent on May 27, 2014 6:10AM
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tamanous wrote: »

Or maybe they will jump back on their NBs and Templars they abandoned because DKs and Sorcs were much better in the long run especially with the light armor and destro/resto staff.

But if they turn tail and quit all together that is fine with me. The people who would rather play a NB or templar will come back.
  • Draconiuos
    Draconiuos
    ✭✭✭
    So, what I am hearing here is nerf an entire class based in its synergy with a specific armor/weapon combo? So, what about the non-light armor/non-staff using DKs that can't do anything close to that? Are they suppose to be forced into using that combo, because their whole class got balanced around it? I think ZOS is doing a better job than people want to admit by not doing that, because once they start eventually all classes will be balanced like that. Then might as well just slap generic MMO sticker on ESO and call it a day.
  • Zab101
    Zab101
    Zab101 wrote: »

Nice sarcasm, but if you were paying attention youd notice that the 1 of his bars has only 3 DK skills, and the other only 2. NONE OF THEM are talons or embers so you might as well stop mentioning those.

Maybe you will also notice how he never runs out of MP. Magicka furnace light armor set is primary contributer to this. The Draw Essense morph of Inhale doesnt give you as much MP back as you lose casting the spell, and was already nerfed to hit only 3 targets for the life drain. Resto staff heals give back more than that for less MP use.

Maybe you will notice the wave of fire he keeps spamming. Thats impulse from destruction staff.

I'm sure you already know exactly whats going on and you use or close to use the exact same method and dont want your precious OP clone'd combo reduced a balance with other combos. Yes, nerfing the majority of the problem will nerf every class using the same combo, and other classes still need their own survivability buffs, but Light armor/destro staff is a plague on this game right now.

There is also a thread of those getting the fastest times in trials. Majority DK/Sorc, all light armor destro/resto staff, and one token templar for heals.

Nice faulty assumption, I don't use that "combo" and couldn't even come close to what is in that video. My sarcasm is frustration with how Zenimax will likely handle the situation with a blanket nerf that will still leave other classes that aren't DK continuing to underperform without addressing specific class issues.
  • Mud_Puppy
    Mud_Puppy
    ✭✭✭
    We know the DK is overpowered, most can agree on this. HOWEVER judging from this video, I'm leaning more towards staves being the greater evil.
    /kill
  • Draconiuos
    Draconiuos
    ✭✭✭
    Mud_Puppy wrote: »
    We know the DK is overpowered, most can agree on this. HOWEVER judging from this video, I'm leaning more towards staves being the greater evil.
    If DKs are so OP, show us a video of it when they aren't wearing light armor and using a staff. Every video we see showing DKs are op, the DK is wearing light armor and using a staff. I haven't seen one with medium armor or heavy armor, using something other than a staff.
  • Monkeyshoeslive
    Monkeyshoeslive
    ✭✭✭
    I've gotta say, I'm extremely impressed. (no sarcasm intended)

What was he doing to keep his health at 100%
  • ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭
    Draconiuos wrote: »
    So, what I am hearing here is nerf an entire class based in its synergy with a specific armor/weapon combo? So, what about the non-light armor/non-staff using DKs that can't do anything close to that? Are they suppose to be forced into using that combo, because their whole class got balanced around it? I think ZOS is doing a better job than people want to admit by not doing that, because once they start eventually all classes will be balanced like that. Then might as well just slap generic MMO sticker on ESO and call it a day.

You have way too much confidence in Zenimax. Also shield bash as an example was nerfed into oblivion, on the base of stacked bashing glyphs.
  • ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭
    Just another proven concept that you play DK or Sorc in light armour woth staves or you GTFO of this game.