The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Lags, something is very BROKEN right now - Zenimax help please!

• Kharret
    Kharret
    ✭✭✭
    Relax, guys, it's a free trial. You can buy it later in Crown Store.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please hurry, I'm collecting skyshards and can't port to any guildies or friends - cause they're all gone! ;)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kuratius wrote: »
    Meltdown and Spectre "fix" hit consumers today.
    I suspect ZOS has their servers set to automatically install updates, and now they're shitting themselves.
    *** Intel, *** Microsoft.

Doubt ZOS would be using Microsoft servers and no proper system admin would ever allow automatic updates of the server OS.

Its not just Microsoft Servers.

Linus Torvalds committed a similar fix to the Linux kernel yesterday that has been pushed out mainstream to all the popular Linux flavors, I posted some test results in another thread, those tests were done on Linux systems with the patch...Windows and Linux both have similar performance issues with the patch as KPTI(Kernel Page Table Isolation) and the way its implemented via these updates is expensive when it comes to SQL query, syscalls, etc...end users like us see very little impact because were not typically doing those expensive types of transactions.

From the server side, you gotta patch ASAP for something like this...this vulnerability is right up there with say some of the security holes in OpenSSL recently....you can't wait around to patch your servers for something serious of this magnitude. It can be remotely exploited. the risk is too great not to patch.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can confirm on PC-EU Guild chat currently has a 20 minute delay between typing and the message appearing! :o
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    Can confirm on PC-EU Guild chat currently has a 20 minute delay between typing and the message appearing! :o

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fstream1.gifsoup.com%2Fview7%2F2569973%2Ftim-curry-legend-o.gif&f=1

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Update: We're going to be bringing PC EU offline for maintenance at 5pm EST (in about 15 minutes). Downtime may be a few hours, but we'll let you know when we have a better estimate.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few *hours*? Wow, I wonder what broke this time.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least i got time now to continue watch AGDQ 2018
    https://twitch.tv/gamesdonequick
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • MasterLenman
    MasterLenman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too many people bought the giant spider helmet, even though Gina warned us... that's why the servers are crashing.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All will be well soon...

GEtyU97.gif
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't even be arsed logging on. We were campaign hopping all last night trying to find lag free PvP, hopeless.

EU Vivec with its spam trains was unplayable. Multiple skills not casting, Flame Lash was hilarious but even Embers was saying 'out of range' when you were right in the targets face. Coag Blood wouldn't cast at all.
    PC EU
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wake me up when PvP can do this again.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DV9TwsosyI

Until PvP can do what it did in 2014 before the lighting patch, with the same population, it isn't fixed. No statement from ZOS about "looking into it" will ever hit home with the PvP community until they explain in clear and certain terms, why the game now can't do what the game could do at launch.

This
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope no rollback. I just finished all my pledges and a Public Dungeon. Wanted to do it on other char aswell but oh well. All the best and good night! :'(
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah they taking server down. Might be fixed by tomorrow.
    PC EU
  • Shunq
    Shunq
    ✭✭
    thank you for ruining our playtime, again.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just a heads up to anyone wondering - we were unable to do in-game messaging for the server coming offline, but we did try.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xSkullfox wrote: »
    At least i got time now to continue watch AGDQ 2018
    https://twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

I just said that in Grahtwood zone chat (which still works)! ;)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wake me up when PvP can do this again.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DV9TwsosyI

Until PvP can do what it did in 2014 before the lighting patch, with the same population, it isn't fixed. No statement from ZOS about "looking into it" will ever hit home with the PvP community until they explain in clear and certain terms, why the game now can't do what the game could do at launch.

Good times...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64bBvOKxnVE

• Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy hell! AGDQ Twitch stream is down... says "We're having technical difficulties, please stand by".

ZOS!! I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU NOT TO LET THEM USE YOUR SERVERS ANY MORE!!

:D
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could this be one of those dos attack thingies?
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny, the forum banner says the PC-EU megaserver is down for maintenance, but I'm still logged on. And playing.

AGDQ is back too.

EDIT: Speculation in Grahtwood is starting whether we've all been transferred into the Matrix.

Edited by Loc2262 on 7 January 2018 22:13
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Shunq
    Shunq
    ✭✭
    can anyone recommend another mmorpg that might be better in the future?
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a heads up to anyone wondering - we were unable to do in-game messaging for the server coming offline, but we did try.

seems broken as hell, if you couldnt make the messages :open_mouth:
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• jasann
    jasann
    ✭✭✭

Well at least you tried
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shunq wrote: »
    can anyone recommend another mmorpg that might be better in the future?

Try Star Trek Online or Star Wars the Old Republic, sadly Dragons Dogma Online is no available outside Asia.
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • Jaguar_SF
    Jaguar_SF
    ✭✭✭
    Just amazing Gina. Looks like this game is as professional as your last stream. Take your job seriously please...
    Edited by Jaguar_SF on 7 January 2018 22:15
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty coloured stringy thingies. Wonder what will happen if I bat them about with the paws yes.

They move!!!

Also some things fell out the holes. Khajiit will just chew them a bit and no one will know ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the Matrix quotes are starting too. Like, "What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge cliff racers?" - "No, Neo. I’m trying to tell you that after the next nerf, you won’t have to."
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP