The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Stamina Sorcerer Feedback Thread: Patch 2.4.3 Update - Crit surge now affected by Battle Spirit

• Spearblade
    Spearblade
    ✭✭✭
    Ajax_22 wrote: »
    Erock25 wrote: »

Tyrannitar wrote: »
    You missed the portion of the patch notes where you introduce something for stamina sorc.
    Yeah I'm thinking we might have missed a post or reply somewhere about it? Could we get linked to an update if so? @ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel
    The team was mainly focusing on making some improvements to the item sets this go around, but are looking at making some additional adjustments for Sorcerers (even stam sorcs) in a future PTS incremental.

lcjjaqeesb0a.gif

I got to talk to Wrobel a bit last week, and he said some Stam Sorc love was in the works for a future PTS patch. He also said he had read this thread, and there were a lot of good ideas in here. He also knows that Hurricane is extremely underwhelming, and it will be improved before Dark Brotherhood hits live. One of the buffs they are looking at, which I really liked, was adding Minor Expedition to Hurricane. With all the different ways you can get Major Expedition in this game I feel giving us Minor would make Stam Sorc mobility truly unique, and would synergize very well with builds using bows or some of the sets that give Major Expedition.

Wrobel read our rants and couldn't be bothered to say "Wrobel wuz here"? >.>

While Minor Expedition would be a good addition to Hurricane, the damage would need adjusting. I'd rather have the damage be a flat amount than spiking at the end. Also, as others have mentioned, it won't proc Disintegrate unless the passive changes.

And correct me if I'm wrong, that leaves Bow passive and Rapid Manuevers as our source of Major Expedition? I suppose that's okay, as long as I have Sorc Stam spam and a Sorc gap closer so I can go DW and Bow like I want :D
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spearblade wrote: »

Tyrannitar wrote: »
    You missed the portion of the patch notes where you introduce something for stamina sorc.
    Yeah I'm thinking we might have missed a post or reply somewhere about it? Could we get linked to an update if so? @ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel
    The team was mainly focusing on making some improvements to the item sets this go around, but are looking at making some additional adjustments for Sorcerers (even stam sorcs) in a future PTS incremental.

lcjjaqeesb0a.gif

I got to talk to Wrobel a bit last week, and he said some Stam Sorc love was in the works for a future PTS patch. He also said he had read this thread, and there were a lot of good ideas in here. He also knows that Hurricane is extremely underwhelming, and it will be improved before Dark Brotherhood hits live. One of the buffs they are looking at, which I really liked, was adding Minor Expedition to Hurricane. With all the different ways you can get Major Expedition in this game I feel giving us Minor would make Stam Sorc mobility truly unique, and would synergize very well with builds using bows or some of the sets that give Major Expedition.

Wrobel read our rants and couldn't be bothered to say "Wrobel wuz here"? >.>

While Minor Expedition would be a good addition to Hurricane, the damage would need adjusting. I'd rather have the damage be a flat amount than spiking at the end. Also, as others have mentioned, it won't proc Disintegrate unless the passive changes.

And correct me if I'm wrong, that leaves Bow passive and Rapid Manuevers as our source of Major Expedition? I suppose that's okay, as long as I have Sorc Stam spam and a Sorc gap closer so I can go DW and Bow like I want :D

Minor expedition through the duration I could get behind. Or it gets refreshed whenever you do damage with hurricane.

I like the fact that Sorcs can stack both the minor and major armor buffs with bound armor and boundless. Would be cool if they could do the same for expedition.

If Eric has looked through this thread, that is awesome, I too wish we got a /lurk out of it, either by him or by the original lurker Mr. Rich Lambert.
  • AdAstra
    AdAstra
    ✭✭
    I've enjoyed so much of what i am reading. @Wrobel if you are reading along as well let it be known that i absolutely LOVE the wind, energy, force, etc. sorc concepts. Hurricane was such a fantastic addition. Spells like Daggerfall's "Force Bolt" or Morrowind's "Telekinesis" might tie in nicely with a stam version of Crystal Shard. I would like to see Dark Deal (dark exchange morph) scale with stamina and perhaps be an instant cast as well. It's nice feeling like a medieval jedi.

I also strongly disagree with the idea of adding poison to the sorc's arsenal. Although i think a ton of these ideas are brilliant for what they could add to the game play, the idea of a sorcerer using poisons just doesn't feel right. Poison should stick with the NBs and DKs where it makes sense. Again, im not looking to offend anyone because some of the ideas here are really creative and can really help sorcs. It's just a matter of opinion on a tasteful color pallet of spells and skills for sorcerers
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Between Molten Armaments and the various DK passives that actually benefit stamina builds, it is hard to justify going Stam Sorc over Stam DK. Stam DK will have superior damage and significantly better sustain. The only real reason to go Stam Sorc over Stam DK is that Hurricane looks awesome compared to puking poison everywhere.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on my phone, so I'll keep it brief:

We need a way to benefit from Energised, Disintegrate, Rebate, Expert Summoner and Daedric Protection. This means pets must scaleoff stamina or magicka, even if their abilities still cost magicka AND it means that we need energised / disintegrate to be modified to trigger from all storm effects and/or trigger when you are surge buffed.

If Thundering Presence lacks mobility it must have an aoe snare field that increases the snare based on time active from 50% to 80% (for example).

Surge must work with channels and work off wards and impenetrable in some way as its our only real heal and these are hard counters without downsides.

We need access to major fracture, or other debuffs that support weapon builds.

My additions to the thread beyond the same old, same old are:

One morph of lightning splash is changed to a teleportation gap closer version. On landing it thunderclaps causing an aoe knockdown and places a physical DoT on the ground (thunderous winds). Stamina scaled and cost.

Bound Armaments changed to not have an armour component but passively provides +8% max stamina, +5% weapon damage (minor brutality?), heavy attacks recover 15% additional stamina. Activation provides all weapon attacks with the major fracture effect for 8s (ie as a buff on us).
  • ZOS_Wrobel
    ZOS_Wrobel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some great feedback in here. We're looking at addressing the following issues:
    • Lack of Sorcerer passives that are effective with stamina builds
    • Critical Surge doesn't proc with Flurry or DoT based builds
    • Stamina sorcerer doesn't feel unique from other stamina classes
    Lead Combat Designer
    Eric Wrobel
    Staff Post
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrobel wrote: »

Sorcerers don't feel unique in general Wobel. With every patch you nerf one of this class's skills and then give all of its perks to a skill everyone can use, like you did previously with Critical Surge and Entropy and that now you are doing with Ward and Annulment. It is just really sad that our class uniqueness resides with pets almost no one cares to use as their DPS is horrible, their survivability is deplorable and the control you give us over them is nearly nonexistent.

EDIT: Sorry to invade this post for this comment, but since no one from ZoS has bothered answering in the Official Sorcerer Feedback Thread, I thought I might as well try my luck here.
    Edited by Grao on 3 May 2016 15:46
  • Skorol007
    Skorol007
    ✭✭✭

Thanks a lot for your answer. Are we looking at having these issues addressed before DB goes live?
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually do not think there should be any available Stamina Sorcerer Class. Sorcerers as the name implies are using sorcery to achieve their goals. They do not take a large two-handed sword and smash stuff with pure brutality, they use finesse and magical skills to do it. Therefore Stamina Sorcerers would largely break the immersion @Wrobel

If you really want to have a Sorcerer Class which uses Stamina as their main pool instead magicka, I would say that the animations of the stamina skills should keep the flair of magic. Take for example Magicka Skills and just make morphs available that use stamina e.g. a stamina morph of force pulse for a staff or at least make it like you are able to summon a melee weapon and then use stamina as a ressource for this summoned weapons skill. This would require a new weapon skill line "summoned weapon" or something similar. Maybe put it in the Sorcerers class tree or in the weapon trees but do not just make a sorcerer just another melee berseker without any individuality.

Please consider what it would do with the immersion and lore of the game.
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    pjwb16_ESO wrote: »
    I actually do not think there should be any available Stamina Sorcerer Class. Sorcerers as the name implies are using sorcery to achieve their goals. They do not take a large two-handed sword and smash stuff with pure brutality, they use finesse and magical skills to do it. Therefore Stamina Sorcerers would largely break the immersion @Wrobel

If you really want to have a Sorcerer Class which uses Stamina as their main pool instead magicka, I would say that the animations of the stamina skills should keep the flair of magic. Take for example Magicka Skills and just make morphs available that use stamina e.g. a stamina morph of force pulse for a staff or at least make it like you are able to summon a melee weapon and then use stamina as a ressource for this summoned weapons skill. This would require a new weapon skill line "summoned weapon" or something similar. Maybe put it in the Sorcerers class tree or in the weapon trees but do not just make a sorcerer just another melee berseker without any individuality.

Just.... Leave please.
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭

Sorcerers on previous ES games are skilled in heavy armor, weapons, and magic. Also there are other ES classes like Spellsword that are skilled in both physical and magical combat that are most closely approximated by Stamina Sorcerers in this game. Lore-wise a stamina sorcerer is ok, please don't get hung up on ESO's limited nomenclature.

Edited by SturgeHammer on 3 May 2016 16:18
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@pjwb16_ESO If you are going to argue against Stamina Sorcerers due to lore then you better know what you are talking about. Sorcerers in Elder Scrolls lore are not robe wearing spell casters.

In game class description from Oblivion:
    Besting the most well-equipped fighters, Sorcerers rely on the spells of the mystic arts. Unique to these mages is the bodily stamina to be armed with the thickest armor. Sorcerers also possess the unique ability to absorb magicka from spells targeted at them, serving in essence as magical "batteries", and possess more magicka than any other mage class.

Sorcerers are adept at the use of a wide variety of weapons and armor, but typically do not utilize shields, preferring to keep their hands free for defensive spellcasting instead, their specialty.

In game class description from Morrowind:
    "Though spellcasters by vocation, sorcerers rely most on summonings and enchantments. They are greedy for magic scrolls, rings, armor and weapons, and commanding undead and Daedric servants gratifies their egos."

• CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I actually do not think there should be any available Stamina Sorcerer Class. Sorcerers as the name implies are using sorcery to achieve their goals. They do not take a large two-handed sword and smash stuff with pure brutality, they use finesse and magical skills to do it. Therefore Stamina Sorcerers would largely break the immersion (a)Wrobel

It has been said many times, but I can't resist doing this. Do you know what 'sorcerer' means in the context of the elder scrolls universe? They are heavy armor wearing, weapon using mages with low/no magicka regen and often need to be hit by hostile spells to recharge. They are not robe clad wizards, if anything they are magic based 'tanks' where nightblades (going by past elder scrolls games) are magic based 'thieves'. And lets not forget this is eso and the classes are only foundations, not to be restricted. Why should a class in this game be restricted when no other class is?

And @Wrobel, thank you for sharing this insight, that post does a lot. Look forward to what changes could be incoming.
    Edited by CP5 on 3 May 2016 16:13
  • iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭

thanks for chiming in, nice to see that there will be some stam sork love
    <Liv3mind>
    <PC/NA - Legion Of The Bloodworks>
    Snowflake Patrol
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ESO's lore is unlike other MMOs on this. Sorcerers are actually known in two varieties, those that are the traditional magic casters and those that enhance them selves and their weapons to do more physical damage than an ordinary fighter would be capable of doing.

What doesn't quite make sense is that sorcerers are mainly a DPS class and yet our DPS, both with Magika and Stamina is low when compared to what other classes can achieve. On top of that our play style become more boring and less unique with every new patch.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bless you!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Spearblade
    Spearblade
    ✭✭✭
    WROBEL SAID SOMETHING! *jumps up and down*
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a lot of thing to say about this post, but the first one in my mind is this : thanks. Even just for reading this thread, thanks.
  • Spearblade
    Spearblade
    ✭✭✭
    Still jumping. His post is pretty vague, but the fact that's he looking at Stam Sorc at all makes me feel good about life again.
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

@pjwb16_ESO If you are going to argue against Stamina Sorcerers due to lore then you better know what you are talking about. Sorcerers in Elder Scrolls lore are not robe wearing spell casters.

Besting the most well-equipped fighters, Sorcerers rely on the spells of the mystic arts. Unique to these mages is the bodily stamina to be armed with the thickest armor. Sorcerers also possess the unique ability to absorb magicka from spells targeted at them, serving in essence as magical "batteries", and possess more magicka than any other mage class.

Sorcerers are adept at the use of a wide variety of weapons and armor, but typically do not utilize shields, preferring to keep their hands free for defensive spellcasting instead, their specialty.

"Though spellcasters by vocation, sorcerers rely most on summonings and enchantments. They are greedy for magic scrolls, rings, armor and weapons, and commanding undead and Daedric servants gratifies their egos."

Ok, then quoting the Class Description of Nightblades in Morrowind etc ;
    MW-class-Nightblade.jpg

In-game Description: Nightblades are spellcasters who use their magics to enhance mobility, concealment, and stealthy close combat. They have a sinister reputation, since many nightblades are thieves, enforcers, assassins, or covert agents.
    Specialization: Magic
    Attributes: Willpower, Speed

Major Skills:

Mysticism Mysticism
    Illusion Illusion
    Alteration Alteration
    Sneak Sneak
    Short Blade Short Blade

Minor Skills:

Light Armor Light Armor
    Unarmored Unarmored
    Destruction Destruction
    Marksman Marksman
    Security Security

Therefore using the argument you just used on a different class, I admit Stamina Sorcerers are fine with the lore, but Stamina Nightblades cleary are not. So please consider the removal of stamina nightblade morphs then Zenimax (@Wrobel). It would be really inconsequent and a logical incoherent statement applying double standards as here. Taking this Class Description of Morrowind and Oblivion for Sorcerers, but not for Nightblade.
    In order to get rid of Double Standards and in order to have a coherent logic, there must be either a removal of stamina sorcerers or stamina nightblades.

Point made, thank you for your argument and the possibility to argue for the removal of stamina nightblade (huehuehue diabolic advocatus diaboli laughter)
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • Weng
    Weng
    ✭✭✭
    Garwulf wrote: »
    By its name, Sorcerer, the concept of a Stamina Sorcerer is as silly as a Wire netting Canoe.
    A Stamina based Magic user is not a sorcerer. It is another class entirely. Not so with the other 3 classes in this game. However personally, I dislike the fixed classes in this game. It is definitely not an Elderscrolls Game because of it. Just another game set in the Elder Scroll 'Universe'.

Have you ever heard about Elric of Melniboné? That's more the type of sorcerer we are talking about. And that fantasy story existed before mmo computer games.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ok, then quoting the Class Description of Nightblades in Morrowind etc ;
    MW-class-Nightblade.jpg

In-game Description: Nightblades are spellcasters who use their magics to enhance mobility, concealment, and stealthy close combat. They have a sinister reputation, since many nightblades are thieves, enforcers, assassins, or covert agents.
    Specialization: Magic
    Attributes: Willpower, Speed

Major Skills:

Mysticism Mysticism
    Illusion Illusion
    Alteration Alteration
    Sneak Sneak
    Short Blade Short Blade

Minor Skills:

Light Armor Light Armor
    Unarmored Unarmored
    Destruction Destruction
    Marksman Marksman
    Security Security

Therefore using the argument you just used on a different class, I admit Stamina Sorcerers are fine with the lore, but Stamina Nightblades cleary are not. So please consider the removal of stamina nightblade morphs then Zenimax (@Wrobel). It would be really inconsequent and a logical incoherent statement applying double standards as here. Taking this Class Description of Morrowind and Oblivion for Sorcerers, but not for Nightblade.
    In order to get rid of Double Standards and in order to have a coherent logic, there must be either a removal of stamina sorcerers or stamina nightblades.

Point made, thank you for your argument and the possibility to argue for the removal of stamina nightblade (huehuehue diabolic advocatus diaboli laughter)

And nightblades in Arena and Daggerfall were almost identical to thieves, but they used magic to augment their skills. The only step the class needed to take to accommodate assassins was to give them a knife to backstab with. And again, THIS IS ESO, CLASSES AREN'T LIMITED BY ARBITRARY RESTRICTIONS. If you want all classes to be forced to finite roles, by all means go to the templar threads and tell them "You guys are only healers, you shouldn't expect to be anything else" and then go to the dk threads and say they shouldn't be anything more than 'tanks'. That logic is just as sound.
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Victory!
    Congrats everyone we finally got a Z! :) and storcs are getting some love! <3
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• AdAstra
    AdAstra
    ✭✭
    thank you @Wrobel !!! <3
    time for a kirby dance

<(^.^<)<(^_^)>(>^.^)> <(^_^)><(^.^<)<(^_^)>(>^.^)>

remember spells like Daggerfall's "Force Bolt" or Morrowind's "Telekinesis" might tie in nicely with a stam version of Crystal Shard.

oh.. and May the 4th be with you tomorrow
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wrobel any chance this will be in the next PTS patch?

V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. Dyride
      Dyride
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @Wrobel a full pass on Sorcerer passives for both Magicka and stamina is really what is needed.
      V Є H Є M Є И C Є
        Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
        Solongandthanksforallthef
        Revenge of the Hist
        Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
      1. PainfulFAFA
        PainfulFAFA
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Dyride wrote: »
        @Wrobel a full pass on Sorcerer passives for both Magicka and stamina is really what is needed.

Passives such as
        Energized (10% mag regen)
        Persistence (8% health heal causing dmg with dark magic)
        Expert Summoner (Clanfear movement, Twilight dmg, Atro range)
        Rebate (1k magicka return for unsummoned/killed pet.
        Exploitation (minor spell crit using dark magic)

would be a good place to start imo
        PC NA
        Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
        MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

2. Emma_Overload
        Emma_Overload
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Garwulf wrote: »
        By its name, Sorcerer, the concept of a Stamina Sorcerer is as silly as a Wire netting Canoe.
        A Stamina based Magic user is not a sorcerer. It is another class entirely. Not so with the other 3 classes in this game. However personally, I dislike the fixed classes in this game. It is definitely not an Elderscrolls Game because of it. Just another game set in the Elder Scroll 'Universe'.

Have you ever heard about Elric of Melniboné? That's more the type of sorcerer we are talking about. And that fantasy story existed before mmo computer games.

Wow, I remember those books, they were awesome! Might have to read those again...
        #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
      3. Spearblade
        Spearblade
        ✭✭✭
        Dyride wrote: »

@Wrobel any chance this will be in the next PTS patch?

@Wrobel The sooner you put something out the sooner we can make sure it's not OP or underwhelming (Hurricane). Throw some paint on the canvas and we can tell you how it looks.
      4. DDragon
        DDragon

We also lack some stamina morph of class single target and dot ability.