The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Speechless - Thrown out of the game

hiyde
hiyde
✭✭✭✭✭
Last night, after being in a dungeon for about 5 minutes to collect the skyshard, get the achievement, get a hit in through the wall of bots to kill the boss, I was unceremoniously killed, booted from the game and locked from my character.

To be clear, I've never farmed dungeons, bought or sold gold or run any sort of script - in short, I've done absolutely NOTHING against the game's terms of service in the game.

When I put in a ticket on the matter, I was told to 'wait 15-20 minutes' and try logging in again.

I replied and said that did not work.

Their next action was to refund my purchase and (apparently) delete my account. I did not request a refund, deletion, threaten to quit or anything of the kind. My only communication was a) frustration and b) wanting my account unlocked.

I am a 10+ year MMO player and leader of a large multigame guild who's never received an infraction, boot, ban of any kind in any game.

UNBELIEVABLE. PLAYERS BEWARE.
Edited by hiyde on April 30, 2014 8:51PM
@Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    ummm .. wow! At least now we know what they are doing to bot accounts (not saying you are). Sounds like you just experienced how they are handling things, but got caught in the crossfire. I'm sure they can get you re-instated, but I can also imagine how peeved you are as well
  • BlitzkriegAngel
    Jesus. I already filed a complaint. Bet you this happens to me next.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unbelievable.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Auric_ESO
    Auric_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    You sure theres not a lot more to the story than that. It's not like a company, any company, to act like that. Maybe a gamemaster was there banning bots and you didn't hear or see the whisper about if you don't move you're gonna get marked as a bot? And the straight to refund and delete would be unusual. Possible but odd. Usually there is some kind of discussion involved.

Usually when I read a forum post like this it's because someone is mad and wants sympathy so leaves a lot of the story out. If I'm wrong this time I'm sorry. Probably aren't though
    "The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit." Morihei Ueshiba
  • SinisterJoint
    SinisterJoint
    ✭✭✭
    the bigger question is, why are they refunding accounts, especially If it WAS a bot account (not saying yours was) but I sure hope they aren't refunding players who bot, so they can turn and purchase and bot in the game again??
  • mark2472
    mark2472
    ✭✭✭
    Dang, that sucks... so do they give a refund to bots that were banned? Not saying you're a bot, just wondering if that's what they do to bots.
    Edited by mark2472 on April 30, 2014 8:58PM
  • BOSPaladin
    I know a lot of people were caught up in mass bans and that's super unfortunate, and usually response time is around 12~ hours to be unfrozen, which is a waste. But to refund you your money and delete your account? That's.. unheard of for any MMO? I hope you get in touch with someone quickly.
  • BlitzkriegAngel
    idk this seems to be inline with Zenimax's responses so far. I've never seen such horrible support from a MMORPG. I mean even Nexon is doing better then Zenimax atm.
  • SourceError
    SourceError
    ✭✭
    Obviously not the whole story.
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be clear - you are getting the whole story. I did NOTHING wrong in-game. No scripts, no botting, no gold selling or buying. I was in a dungeon for approximately 5 minutes to get the skyshard, achievement and blue item from the boss.

When I was banned I put in a ticket (and yes I was irate) as well as a forum post. NO threats were made NO requests for a refund were made - only the simple demand to immediately FIX THE MISTAKE.

Their ticket reply was 'try again in 15 minutes'. I waited 30 and no luck. I replied with that info.

This morning I had a reply waiting asking for error code I was getting but since the system was down for maintenance, I couldn't get to the error.

Today when I got home from work, I had e-mail waiting with the refund notification and my account appears to be gone.
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously not the whole story.

Uhuh. It's not like this hasn't happened before... owait. It has!
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Tieberion
    Tieberion
    ✭✭✭
    Actually this a real life friend of mine, just got off the phone with him.
    I've known/played mmo's with him for 8 years. He is the most *** retentive about following the rules of the game than anyone else I've ever met-
    The rest of the story- He stopped at the boss to see what the Blue drop was, and no, there was no warning, everyone in the dungeon, some not even near the boss got nuked. He has several tickets from last night saying his account was re-instated, but he could not long in.

A ticket this morning asked what error code he was getting, but game was down for maintenance. When he tried to log in after work, is when he found out he was banned/purchase refunded-
    ZOS, no way to run a game, can you please contact OP, he's still waiting for a phone call from Customer Service, or PM me I can give you his details.

So be careful trying to kill bosses everyone, looks like thir doing more mass bannings and realizing later they swept up innocent players. Hope this gets fixed ASAP, he's a Multi Game Guild leader, but so far has really enjoyed ESO as his top MMO.
    Thank You-
    OP's website where he leads multi guilds:
    www.bbcguild.com His name starts with an H, same as in game, can't miss him (not allowed to post full toon names here)
  • KaizerXul
    KaizerXul
    ✭✭✭
    It's also possible that your character, if it was named 'hiyde' was standing next to bots named 'ababsdd' , 'jjakasjk' and 'yaishda' and while not quite the same, if you were there doing as you say and are truly not a botting *** looking for sympathy for your evil deeds, it isn't far off from a bot name. It wouldn't be hard to imagine you got grouped in with the rest of them.

As for refunds, maybe they're doing that so these stolen credit cards are getting refunded -- for all we know 'hiyde' stole someones credit card and that is why they're getting the boot. I think there is much missing here.

If you're truly not an evil scumbag then I can't imagine why CS couldn't help you get back into the game. They have to have a pretty good reason to give money back. I'd be on the phone.
    "When I left you, I was but the learner. Now *I* am the master."
  • mle022
    mle022
    Yikes, I hope they can fix it and get back your characters. :\

Also, I would imagine it would be hard for them to not refund sub costs. Considering bank disputes and all that. Bot or not. They are still getting paid.
  • codyyoungnub18_ESO
    While I do hope if you are innocent it gets worked out I will say I have never seen a post of "ahh you got me" it's ALWAYS I am innocent and have never did anything wrong and tons of people know me.

Remember that "other" game where there was a big long thread of 'innocents' telling the half story and then the dev came in and called them out with the whole story and wtfpwned all the not so innocent afteralls?

Just sayin, forums wouldn't be the route I would go.
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hereby authorize Zenimax to release, and post here, any and all communications from me. You will find they are exactly what I'm saying they are - initial frustration at being banned for innocent activity and replies to their requests for more info.

The ONLY communcation I've had was saying to 'wait 15-20 mins to login' and then 'what error code' before I was issued a refund and my account was removed.

Sometimes people really are telling the truth. I know that's hard to believe.
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    idk this seems to be inline with Zenimax's responses so far. I've never seen such horrible support from a MMORPG. I mean even Nexon is doing better then Zenimax atm.

But I miss Shattered Galaxies and the hai hai boiz.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully this gets resolved, given most bots choose Templar class what is your class out of wondering?
  • Auric_ESO
    Auric_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like I said if I'm wrong then sorry but you have to admit it's pretty odd story
    "The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit." Morihei Ueshiba
  • SourceError
    SourceError
    ✭✭
    I've had great support from Zenimax. Then again, I don't make demands.
  • Tieberion
    Tieberion
    ✭✭✭
    He played a Nighblade Hunter.
    Since the Account Removed/Refund he has gotten another support email asking what error code he's receiving- that just came in as a response to the phone call request icon from the support page.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hiyde wrote: »
    To be clear - you are getting the whole story.

No, wrong. We are getting YOUR side of the story only, with no evidence beyond hearsay. Granted you may be telling the truth, but I doubt it. I also doubt they are refunding cancelled botting/exploit accounts.

Much more likely one of two things is happening here:

1) You were banned for exploiting or botting and are now coming on the forums to lie about it and besmirch the company in retaliation.

2) You bought gold and foolishly gave your account info to some Chinese sweatshop that was using your account to do the above in your absence, resulting in your ban.

It is highly unlikely they would take such extreme action otherwise. I know people that were accidentally bumped by the anti-bot system and after review were let back in. You do realize they have the ability to "instant-replay" EVERYTHING you do in-game, right?

Like watching a movie of your entire character's history. All they have to reccord is a tiny bit of ones and zero's, and the playback is rendered when they press the "replay" button.

Pretty hard to make a mistake with that kind of evidence. If on review you were banned as you say, chances are either you or someone you let access your account was in fact guilty.

• ZOS_JasonI
    ZOS_JasonI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, @hiyde. We've escalated your ticket so that our Support Team can investigate further. Thank you for your patience.
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Tieberion
    Tieberion
    ✭✭✭
    Why is everyone so omg you did it? There are people that get caught up in these sweeps- look at the big cluster that happened with the mass account ban. All you guys want to do is jump on a bandwagon of lets get him, when he's still going back and forth with ZOS and none of the entry lvl GM's has escalated his tickets, nor called him back. I can get over 4000 people from 8 different MMO's to vouch that he is Mr. by the books, and wont even let people who cheat/exploit in/boots them from any/all games we've been in over the years.
  • Daverios
    Daverios
    ✭✭✭✭
    You got marked / flagged bot as they refund these by default to avoid Visa / MC claims since they know it likely fraud anyway.

If your truly legit then Call this number.

1 855 296 3170. That will connect you to zos support. Wait on hold and ask to speak with a supervisor. Not going to lie if it middle of the day or evening you will be waiting awile.

This is your best method to find out whats up.

Best of luck. Let us know if it works out for you.
    Edited by Daverios on April 30, 2014 9:28PM
  • Tieberion
    Tieberion
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Jason, I'll give him a call and let him know.
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In your "irate" and "frustrated" response, just what did you say?

I could easily see them catching you up in a ban. Happened to a lot of people I'm sure when they're banning this many people.

The part that stretches credulity is the fact that they just told you to long in in 20 minutes, then went ahead and deleted your account. That part is where I have to wonder, uh... just what did he say in his communication with them?
    This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also doubt they are refunding cancelled botting/exploit accounts.
    Actually I wouldn't be surprised if they are. Apparently in some countries (in Europe IIRC) even if the TOS explicitly says what behavior will result in you getting permabanned and result in forfeiture of the money you've spent on your account, it doesn't matter and the consumer protection laws still make you entitled to a refund. I wouldn't be surprised if ZOS doesn't want to risk lawsuits and is just refunding everyone they ban to stay out of any potential legal trouble.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    At least now dungeons with Bosses actually instill some fear now
  • ebunts14_ESO
    ebunts14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Tieberion wrote: »
    Why is everyone so omg you did it? There are people that get caught up in these sweeps- look at the big cluster that happened with the mass account ban. All you guys want to do is jump on a bandwagon of lets get him, when he's still going back and forth with ZOS and none of the entry lvl GM's has escalated his tickets, nor called him back. I can get over 4000 people from 8 different MMO's to vouch that he is Mr. by the books, and wont even let people who cheat/exploit in/boots them from any/all games we've been in over the years.

Its more like that 99% of the time, people will not give the whole story. Account could have been banned or suspended for other reason other than botting. But since botting is a big issue and a major discussion on the forums, why not just go with that and say you was not botting, which may be true. Just remember no one is guilty, weather they did or did not do something.

As for not escalating his ticket, it just was but he also had another thread that was locked. Its not good to open new thread when you had one locked for same subject. In the other thread he was told to use proper channels and not the forums.

Edited by ebunts14_ESO on April 30, 2014 9:32PM
This discussion has been closed.