The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Please Eliminate Forced-Solo Instances - Thanks

• Alpha_Protocol
    Alpha_Protocol
    ✭✭✭

Maybe just try a little harder?

No offense to you and your awesome wife, but maybe you could learn to, oh you know, give some helpful advice to people who struggle instead of belittling their efforts? I died to Molag Bal for 16 hour straight trying every combination of skills I had but it wasn't until I was given some good advice and respec'd to add two necessary skills that I succeeded in defeating him. Sometimes, it just takes a community!

You tried harder. In fact, you sought advice, direction etc.. Do you feel belittled? It was a suggestion.
  • Alpha_Protocol
    Alpha_Protocol
    ✭✭✭
    "GreySix wrote: »
    Do you have one - a logical argument against player choice, that is? If you do, then you'll have been the very first to successfully present one.

So consider it a personal challenge from me to you: I dare you to present a logical argument against allowing players to choice to maintain grouping in instances where it is currently prohibited. I double-dog dare you. ;)

This is your thread. If we're going to all of the sudden begin to entertain logic, perhaps you should start.

Mid 40's? Bah, been there done that :smile:
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is your thread. If we're going to all of the sudden begin to entertain logic, perhaps you should start.
    But I have, from the start:
    Offer players a choice, where choice does not currently exist. Those who wish to solo the instance will continue to be able to do so, and those who wish to tackle the instances cooperatively would be able to do so. Its a win-win, and very logically sound.
    Mid 40's? Bah, been there done that :smile:
    Mentioned that, only because I saw a stream of inter-web speak that meant nothing more than gibberish to me. If folks older than me are engaged in it, then guess I really do belong in the 1940s.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melian wrote: »
    For instance, if I find trials too frustrating, I should be able to bring 35 of my best buddies - without changing the rewards or scaling up the trial, of course. Why would anyone oppose that? It won't affect your ability to do the trial with a group of 12!

Bad example. Trials are targeted more towards competitive people, they have leaderboards and rewards based on how fast or good you do. Bringing more than 12 people into it would be cheating the competitive side. However if it would void time etc towards the leaderboards when over 12 ppl then why not. Watching the trials streams last night I know I can just skip that. Might be bit too much for casual gamer.

Unless there is some competition going on who gets through fastest the main quest bosses? Who dies the least times on there?
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP your just a troll. Your name has appeared on other threads about this same dam topic. Unhappy just move on and leave everyone else alone.
  • Sleepwalker
    Sleepwalker
    ✭✭✭
    OP your just a troll. Your name has appeared on other threads about this same dam topic. Unhappy just move on and leave everyone else alone.

This, and a sexist troll at that.
    GreySix wrote: »
    men are better at taking "fix it" instructions from women, than vice versa.
    "QUIT CRYIN'! Do some pushups or something!"

Grayfield - V2 Breton Nightblade
    Windspike - 40 Bosmer Sorceror
  • martinb16_ESO80
    OP your just a troll.

hmm, so the people that post on the very same threads with advice that basically says l2p are any better?

You and sleepwalker and melian are quite condescending towards people that make a very simple request that would actually turn this into a MMO. If you would care to check the reviews that are available all over the interwebs (youtube, reddit, you name it) you would see that this is one of the points of criticism being raised.

We are seeing a problem and are offering a solution, and you don't like the solution as it would mean the game becomes too easy in your opinion. I still don't get what makes you think that.

Me and my friend beat all the solo-instance bosses, and many of them on level. That does not mean we enjoyed not being able to play together, quite in contrast we hated it.

How does that make us bad players ? And what lesson did that teach us? The only thing I learned is that sometimes for large portions of the game (leading up to Mannimarco we did search the whole place and also went into the hall of heroes) I might as well play alone. And that is something I do not want from a MMO, I can play Skyrim for that.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personal attack.

Reported.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are closing this thread, as it has become off-topic, nonconstructive, and uncivil. We are happy to read constructive feedback about ESO, however, as our Code of Conduct states, we do require that all posters be respectful to one another. Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.