The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Who would you worship?

• FayJolyn
    FayJolyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I'm not religious at all in a magical universe I would probs like Dibella for when I'm feeling insecure and need some selflove.
    Mara and Kynareth also seem alright to me. Azura is hit or miss really.
    Zha'ishii - Kahjiit nightblade (main) PC-EU
    Options
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fellow bibliophile Hermaeus Mora.
    Options
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shaeogorath. Definitely Shaeogorath
    Options
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not religious in real life, but in the Tamriel universe I would go with Meridia
    Power Wealth And Influence.
    Options
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm... probably nobody, tbh. I know it's a bit of a cop out answer, but I've never really been into the lore of the Divines. May well end up depending on which culture's pantheon I grew up in, and even then I wouldn't be devout in any way. Which - let's face it - would probably be Skyrim. I need the cold.

Heck, my main is an Orc who grew up in Skyrim, so he's all "Malacath who?" but at least he knows a few prayers to Kyne.

...now I'm not gonna lie, if I did get a chance to get into Hircine's good graces though... Let's just say I wouldn't exactly be opposed to howling at the moons once a month...
    Options
  • PrimeSeptim
    PrimeSeptim
    ✭✭✭
    Sanguine.

I'm surprised not everyone would choose him since 99% of people IRL are naturally Hedonist/YOLO! :)
    Options
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguine.
    I'm surprised not everyone would choose him since 99% of people IRL are naturally Hedonist/YOLO! :)

Oh, a case of projection, I see.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguine would never be anyone I'd want to interact with.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • Wild_Haggis
    Wild_Haggis
    ✭✭
    I've been partial to Talos, personally. But if it had to be another, i'd have to be either Sheogorath (guy is hillarious) or Hermaeus Mora ('cuz knowledge).
    Options
  • PrimeSeptim
    PrimeSeptim
    ✭✭✭
    What people aren't realising is that there are dire consequences for worshipping some Daedra, especially in death. :/

Hermaeus Mora - you'd end up in his realm going crazy because of all the books and knowledge. I'm pretty sure Skyrim touched on this but whatever the case, what I read wasn't anything desirable.

Molag Bal - well you're probably a masochist or a vampire. But either way you're going to end up in Coldharbour as a soul shriven or who knows what. We've all seen the horrors of Coldharbour by now.

Sheogorath - you'd just go insane in his realm or he'd turn you inside out or into cheese.

Sanguine - "Sanguine, known to his worshippers as the Lord of Revelry, Blood-Made-Pleasure, and he "who tastes the Shaven Fruit", is a Daedric Prince whose sphere is hedonistic revelry, debauchery, wild ***, and passionate indulgences of darker natures. As the Daedra Prince of Lust, Perversity, and Unnatural Sexual Relations, anything in excess is his motto."

He's just the perfect fit for IRL humanity from my point of view. Maybe I should've added, "in my opinion". :s
    Society is all about something, something and rock and roll. Eat, sleep, game, repeat. Music, food, travel, video games, movies, etc. Always chasing the next high. The only reason you probably work is to pay bills and afford video games and other pleasurable (hedonistic) things.

But anyway, he certainly does appeal to me and I bet many other people who are just too shy to admit it.

I doubt anyone who has time to idle around on a forum is anything but a hedonist...Not that that's a bad thing. :)

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Daedric_Princes
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5024602/

Options
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the nature of an atheist gets complicated when there is evidence of the interactions of various gods.

Julianos but it wouldn't take much for herma mora to ensnare me.
    Options
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hermaeus Mora - you'd end up in his realm going crazy because of all the books and knowledge.

Actually, to me, that sounds like one of the happier endings a mortal could succumb to...
    Society is all about something, something and rock and roll. Eat, sleep, game, repeat.

You really can't imagine that there are people who actually long for more, for intellectual stimulation instead of (or in addition to) the simple satisfaction of the most primal needs? If life wasn't more than eating, sleeping, mating, I would have died of boredom already a long time ago.
    The only reason you probably work is to pay bills and afford video games and other pleasurable (hedonistic) things.

Or you could just take up a profession that seems important to you personally; important as in "meaningful" or "emotionally satisfying".
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    Options
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Initially when I played Morrowind I was a bit concerned about using soul gems. The thought of capturing souls in a gem seems wrong. So I'd be a bit wary of declaring any sort of allegiance to otherworldly creatures.
    Options
  • Ashnarug
    Ashnarug
    ✭✭✭
    Naturally if you are a Shadowscale it stands to reason that you worship Sithis.
    During the afternoon of Loredas, 6 Sun’s Dawn 2e578 a big piece of Aetherius fell to Nirn. It was the first major piece of Aetherius to fall on Nirn in more than five hundred years. It scattered around the world as millions of shards. It was rapidly documented by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth in her pamphlet Aetherial Fragments that "... when three shards meet, they re-form into a silvery prism by unknown process and confer the power unlocked by the merger to a nearby being." The Order of the Black Worm, commonly known as the Worm Cult, reappeared in Tamriel shortly thereafter and some of its members are avidly searching said shards.
    In the last week of First Seed 2e579, an arcane explosion occurred in the Imperial City — a night of storms, and trembling terrain. They named it the "Soulburst". That day Emperor Varen Aquilarios disappeared without a trace. His wife, Clivia Tharn, ascended to the Ruby Throne as Empress Regent under the guidance of the Necromancer Mannimarco. Ushering a time of increased instability within the Empire of Cyrodiil which finally grew into “The Three Banners War”.
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I respect your decision, of course, but people randomly naming a Daedra/Aedra/deity they find cool doesn't seem that much of a lore discussion to me, to be honest.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    Options
  • Codeman1976
    Codeman1976
    ✭✭✭
    Hail Sithis!
    PS4 NA
    Codeman1976
    Options
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it is worship but my characters in ESO seem to call upon the Elements for aid especially in the casting of spells..

and a little lore from Cipher Agrushna - of Days when Dragons were worshipped as Gods..

Dsst09R.jpg
    Edited by Eporem on July 19, 2023 5:53PM
    Options
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arkay. I always gravitate to Arkay worship in all of my single player TES experiences. Nocturnal holds a special place in my heart of hearts as a reformed criminal, but I'd rather not end up wandering the Evergloam for all time, even if I'd get to enjoy the ambiance.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
    Options
  • kumenit_taeynav
    kumenit_taeynav
    ✭✭✭✭
    lorkhan for me since hes the one who started up the idea of the mundus in the first place. theres all sorts of neat and interesting things to experience and explore that just wouldnt exist at all without lorkhan. "but he trapped us in mortal flesh! 😩" well i better get to exploring then, enjoy nirn to its fullest extent before i die!
    Options
  • Sinlar
    Sinlar
    ✭✭✭
    This one knows some of them as family.
    Some of them as adversary's.
    And some of them as employer's.

Worship is not a concept that applies in this one's experience.
    Options
  • Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭
    i would build a shrine and have worship of me a thing
    Options
  • RedRokaz
    RedRokaz
    Soul Shriven
    Most likely i would end up worshiping The Tribunal. As for daedric princes, Hermaeus Mora sounds the most intriguing.
    Options
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends what they do for me. I'm fickle in worship!

Just in it for the holidays!
    Options
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Me channeling my inner Dwemer:
    n7vzl01n9oya.jpg

Edited by dazee on August 20, 2023 11:36PM
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The stars! Especially the Guardian star signs. They’re good people who do good work and don’t get enough acknowledgment for it. Plus they give everyone minor superpowers just for being born!

#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.

Loremaster’s Archive open for questions!
    Options
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hircine, obviously

Right? For me, not because his realm is like, the true neutral of the Daedric Princes.

It's because he's hot. Like, March of Sacrifices Hircine? Sign me up.
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    RNGeesus. Out of necessity, not love.

This hit me to my core. 100% accurate.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • dusanyu
    dusanyu
    Soul Shriven
    Riddle'Thar I admit to cheating with that response given that its not a true god but more of a set of spiritual guidelines as to how to live. Khajiiti spiritual practices seem the most sane in the ES universe.
    Options
  • Calastir
    Calastir
    ✭✭✭
    Dibella, obviously naturally of course.

If you've ever been inside those temples in 'Daggerfall', I'm sure you'd agree.
    Chaszmyr Do'Benrae (Dunmer Magsorc Vampire Infinity) ~ Dusk Doublespeak (Breton Magplar Werewolf) ~ Stan of Rimari (Nord Dragonknight Tank) ~ Bunto Kim Alhambra (Redguard Magplar Paladin) ~ Alicyankali (Argonian Magicka Necromancer Draugr Kin) ~ Gruuman Odinfan (Orsimer Magplar) ~ Boymans van Beuningen (Khajiit Stam Warden Bowzerker) ~ Flannelflail (Imperial Stamina Nightblade Brawler PVP) ~ Calastir (Altmer Stamina Dragonknight) ~ Sallystir (Bosmer Stam Warden Frostbite PVP) ~ Zalastir (Altmer Magicka Warden Ice Storm) ~ Capt Peach (Nord Stamcanist Crux Cannon) ~ PC EU ~ since May 26th, 2021.
    Options