The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What does this screenshot from the logs mean to you?

• kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People just like playing DK because the skills use fire and fire is fun.
    Playing since beta...
    Options
  • Volrath
    Volrath
    ✭✭
    Braffin wrote: »
    ayixafxky5bp.png
    Only 400k group dps? Bah. I feal sad when i see 1kk group DPS.
    Volrath wrote: »

9tno5y4m6b11.png
    vRG - Bashei
    Edited by Volrath on May 30, 2023 4:22PM
    Options
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    Meta DK is harder than HA (although, I think DK is easier than some other classes), and HA’s dps is NOT low. If it’s low, it’s because someone’s build is “wrong”. Anyways, if people were requiring DK for open runs then it’d be a problem. But people doing DK stacking are just sweaty people in sweaty closed groups. If this is actually HM then it’d make sense— RG HM is very hard. It’s a prog, especially Bahsei. Want to squeeze out the most damage possible to meet some of the highest DPS checks in the game and have less time to die. If this is just non-HM then I’m not sure what they’re doing unless it’s going to be a HM prog.

What are you saying? Are you suggesting that we should only reward top-tier players and now we're including DK in that category? If this trial is extremely challenging, do people have to use DK to succeed or give up on achieving anything?
    As long as it's not solely focused on Oakensoul HA builds, everything seems acceptable and fantastic.

I’m not going to bow down or beat around the bush here, yes I fully believe oakenHA shouldn’t be able to clear RG HM and no you’re not going to change my mind so don’t even try. My time of open-mindedness is over. That said, I doubt DK stacking is an absolute necessity to clear the HM (knowing your class well > doing dk badly) and the DPS check should probably be nerfed but I don’t think ZOS is going to do that. DK stacking is not a widespread epidemic, I think you’re trying to make commentary on something you don’t know about. It just is the meta composition, of which there will always be a meta composition. As I stated earlier, if you’re going to complain about DK stacking in a sweaty core when we already know DK is the strongest class then why not talk about how supports are pigeonholed into classes in even open runs. The only times DPS are pigeonholed into classes in open runs are the 2 support DPS and if it’s an oakensorc-only run.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    Options
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Meta DK is harder than HA (although, I think DK is easier than some other classes), and HA’s dps is NOT low. If it’s low, it’s because someone’s build is “wrong”. Anyways, if people were requiring DK for open runs then it’d be a problem. But people doing DK stacking are just sweaty people in sweaty closed groups. If this is actually HM then it’d make sense— RG HM is very hard. It’s a prog, especially Bahsei. Want to squeeze out the most damage possible to meet some of the highest DPS checks in the game and have less time to die. If this is just non-HM then I’m not sure what they’re doing unless it’s going to be a HM prog.

What are you saying? Are you suggesting that we should only reward top-tier players and now we're including DK in that category? If this trial is extremely challenging, do people have to use DK to succeed or give up on achieving anything?
    As long as it's not solely focused on Oakensoul HA builds, everything seems acceptable and fantastic.

Well as we're throwing around random parses now instead of discussing by rational arguments:
    ayixafxky5bp.png

You may compare this random log with the one you provided.

PS: Next time I suggest you try comparing only the dps done to the boss itself (you can set this right above where you cut the screen) so we can compare or random parses even better :wink:

Only 400k group dps? Bah. I feal sad when i see 1kk group DPS.

Thought so much :smiley:

Nonetheless I'm sure this group is happy with their results as they successfully finished the fight and had fun together doing so. Otherwise they probably would've switched to DKs.

I see absolutely no need of being sad when I witness other players reaching their goals.

On the other side I met a lot of players which never achieved their personal goals not because of bad builds or "not playing meta" but because of antisocial behaviour, unwillingness to listen, to adapt, to learn and a disability to fit in a group.

Just nobody wanted to play with them, you know? Because they killed off the joy of all others.

No build will ever chance this.

PS: It's only 318k dps. At least try to read the logs correctly plz.
    Edited by Braffin on May 30, 2023 4:40PM
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
    Options
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Really good players can show up on literally any class and have a good run. People do off class and meme runs of content all the time, although they were MUCH more common before AWA (RIP).

A person who is struggling on the content for the first time will in fact have an easier go of it if they bring 1) a heavy attack sorc with the inherent ease of play and survivability, or 2) a really high damage build such as a mag dk.
    But! That doesn't mean they MUST, just that it's in their own best interest to do so.

You, yourself, can make whatever rules you want for your own trials, and unless you are pushing the hardest content in the game, it really doesn't matter! Bring what you want!

For what it's worth, DK was a popular class even when it absolutely sucked, because people have ALWAYS liked the fire and brimstone aspect of it.
    Options
  • Volrath
    Volrath
    ✭✭

Nonetheless I'm sure this group is happy with their results as they successfully finished the fight and had fun together doing so. Otherwise they probably would've switched to DKs.

I see absolutely no need of being sad when I witness other players reaching their goals.

On the other side I met a lot of players which never achieved their personal goals not because of bad builds or "not playing meta" but because of antisocial behaviour, unwillingness to listen, to adapt, to learn and a disability to fit in a group.

Just nobody wanted to play with them, you know? Because they killed off the joy of all others.

A group with 400k DPS is great because the members are satisfied with their accomplishment of successfully completing the fight. Fair!
    If they achieve 1 million++ DPS, it's still acceptable because they are playing as DK. Fair!
    However, if the group consists of HA players, suddenly it's considered imbalanced, and the solution is to nerf HA to restore balance in the game.

Well, this screenshot signifies to me that something is seriously amiss within the game.
    Options
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

A group with 400k DPS is great because the members are satisfied with their accomplishment of successfully completing the fight. Fair!
    If they achieve 1 million++ DPS, it's still acceptable because they are playing as DK. Fair!
    However, if the group consists of HA players, suddenly it's considered imbalanced, and the solution is to nerf HA to restore balance in the game.

Well, this screenshot signifies to me that something is seriously amiss within the game.

So, in the end it IS a thread targeted at the upcoming HA nerfs, shrouded as thread about DK meta?

You literally denied this, as I allow me to remember you, Mr. Tradewind :wink:
    So, group DPS was 1K, will it be 2K if they use HA? I'm just curious about it.

And here we have it, the next shrouded thread about sergeant brokensorc. Already wondered why there wasn't any till now today.

As for your question: As there is chance of at least 50% the HA user is pressing the wrong button on his mouse and is therefore kicked from group for "blocking like an elitist", the answer is no :wink:

Don't be afraid of threats like this. I see no harm or any reason for you to go off-topic and turn this into another Oakensoul thread. I'm just wondering how good DK is in terms of "balance" compared to other classes, that's all. And no, I've never seen a top-tier HA with more DPS than a top-tier 2-bars player.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
    Options
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's not about how much damage oakensoul builds do, its about how much damage they get for the amount of effort it requires to play one, and most reasonable people are in agreement about that, including people who play HA sorc.
    It's taken a SLIGHT nerf, that MIGHT make a single trial trifecta unrealistic. Were you planning to get Swashbuckler Supreme next patch? If not, congrats, the nerf does not and will not affect you.
    Options
  • Volrath
    Volrath
    ✭✭
    So, in the end it IS a thread targeted at the upcoming HA nerfs, shrouded as thread about DK meta?

This thread is all about a single screenshot and "what does it mean to all of you." To me, it means that something is very wrong with the game. It holds no further significance beyond that.
    Then you know what needs to be done.
    Options
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This thread is all about a single screenshot and "what does it mean to all of you." To me, it means that something is very wrong with the game. It holds no further significance beyond that.
    Then you know what needs to be done.

Yes, I know indeed.

[snip]

Edited for baiting
    Edited by ZOS_Kraken on May 30, 2023 5:10PM
    ---
    Options
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »

You're not wrong lol.
    I have a magDK Oakensoul non HA build (I think I saw it on a Xynode video) that utilises the Elf Bane and Rune Carvers sets and only 1 non DK skill (Unstable Wall) :joy:

z8ha3ooh0akt.jpg

It's very fun :D
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
    Options
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I truly don't understand the point of this thread in the first place. We are mad about HA sorcs getting a small nerf that will make them slightly less strong so we are going to complain about how strong dks are? Completely ignoring they are glass cannons that can be very difficult to play?
    People feel differently about a full roster of heavy attack sorcs and a roster of mag dks because they are completely different

I don't feel inherently positive OR negative about either. As I've said several time now, I have a HA sorc. I've filled for HA sorc cores as a dd and as a healer. These cores are planning to continue next patch. I'll probably still be filling for them. Dks will still be awesome.

This is a none issue my guy. Get over it.
    Options
  • ZOS_Kraken
    Hello,

We know people will not always agree and many of you will share different opinions, but please remember that being rude to your fellow community members is against our forum rules and not in the spirit of our game.

Zos_Kraken
    Options
    Staff Post
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hamish999 wrote: »

You're not wrong lol.
    I have a magDK Oakensoul non HA build (I think I saw it on a Xynode video) that utilises the Elf Bane and Rune Carvers sets and only 1 non DK skill (Unstable Wall) :joy:

z8ha3ooh0akt.jpg

I found DK when it was simply bad, and absolutely fell in love. The flame! The whip! The standard!!!!

Options
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're not wrong lol.

z8ha3ooh0akt.jpg

I found DK when it was simply bad, and absolutely fell in love. The flame! The whip! The standard!!!!

My first toon and still my main is and always has been a stamDK. Through thick and thin and nerf, after nerf :joy:
    Edited by Hamish999 on May 30, 2023 7:18PM
    PC-EU

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
    Options
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CRACK THAT WHIP!

giphy.gif
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    Options
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    CRACK THAT WHIP!

giphy.gif

This is the greatest gif in the world
    Options
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    CRACK THAT WHIP!

giphy.gif

This is the greatest gif in the world

I've never seen a more accurate representation of a dk
    Options
  • PrincessOfThieves
    PrincessOfThieves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see another Oakensorc being pissed because they're gonna lose a tiny bit of their dps so that they wanna get dks nerfed... Nevermind that only 0.0001% of dks can play like this and nerfing the class will just make the game harder for casuals who main dk. And score pushers will figure out another class that's marginally better than the rest and will start stacking that class instead of dk.
    These attacks on leaderboard dks only prove that Oakensorc players do not care about other casuals.
    Edited by PrincessOfThieves on May 30, 2023 8:16PM
    Options
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see another Oakensorc being pissed because they're gonna lose a tiny bit of their dps so that they wanna get dks nerfed... Nevermind that only 0.0001% of dks can play like this and nerfing the class will just make the game harder for casuals who main dk. And score pushers will figure out another class that's marginally better than the rest and will start stacking that class instead of dk.
    These attacks on leaderboard dks only prove that Oakensorc players do not care about other casuals.

This comment only highlights how ridiculous generalizations are. Plenty of us that use Oakensoul are happy that casual players can participate in more areas of the game.
    Options
  • PrincessOfThieves
    PrincessOfThieves
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This comment only highlights how ridiculous generalizations are. Plenty of us that use Oakensoul are happy that casual players can participate in more areas of the game.

There are Oakensoul players who prefer to play dk. If dk gets nerfed, it would affect all dk players, not just the strongest of them.
    And yet I see the same people who complain about losing a few % of dps on their Oakensorcs bringing up some leaderboard players and implying that the classes these players use must be nerfed, seemingly as some sort of revenge.
    Options
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are Oakensoul players who prefer to play dk. If dk gets nerfed, it would affect all dk players, not just the strongest of them.
    And yet I see the same people who complain about losing a few % of dps on their Oakensorcs bringing up some leaderboard players and implying that the classes these players use must be nerfed, seemingly as some sort of revenge.

You mean one player and their 2 sockpuppets? Even if it's 3 people, jumping from that to "Oakensorc players do not care about other casuals" is ridiculous.
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...how, are people doing 100k+ dps now.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    ...how, are people doing 100k+ dps now.

So those numbers are just pulled from logs and are in general, not single target, which will inflate the dps a bit.

HOWEVER.

It's entirely possible, thanks to power creep, new sets, and plain ol practice to hit ridiculous numbers both on a dummy and single target in trials. We have more buff sets than ever before, and a fully optimized group can do some really neat things as far as pumping out raw damage numbers for their parse dds.
    Options
  • Volrath
    Volrath
    ✭✭

This is not an attack on DK, not at all! But every time we discuss how powerful they are, it feels like the end of the world.
    Any HA player doesn't care about how weak or strong other players are. In fact, we truly appreciate it when others are stronger than us.
    This is not an attack. This theread It's only to show once again how powerful DK is. Too powerful indeed.

And just to make it clear, every time we talk about DK, we (HA players) are not disregarding other casual players who may be weaker. However, nerfing one build that is already weaker and nerfing the only build that many players can use, is it truly caring about them (casual players)? How so?
    Edited by Volrath on May 30, 2023 9:57PM
    Options
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is not an attack on DK, not at all! But every time we discuss how powerful they are, it feels like the end of the world.
    Any HA player doesn't care about how weak or strong other players are. In fact, we truly appreciate it when others are stronger than us.
    This is not an attack. This theread It's only to show once again how powerful DK is. Too powerful indeed.

And just to make it clear, every time we talk about DK, we (HA players) are not disregarding other casual players who may be weaker. However, nerfing one build that is already weaker and nerfing the only build that many players can use, is it truly caring about them (casual players)? How so?

Let me ask, have you actually tried HA sorc on pts?
    Options
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I use Oakensoul HA builds and I'm most definitely a casual player and I have no issue with DKs or the "nerf" to Empower.
    The "nerf" (and I use that term very loosely, it is more of a tweak) is hardly going to affect us casuals anyway, it will impact the end game players that sometimes use Oakensoul for *** and giggles a bit more though.

And just for clarity. I suck at weaving always have (I've been playing for 6 years or there abouts). I like to use Oakensoul so I don't feel like I'm a hindrance to a group. In fact it allowed me to feel confident enough to PUG the newer DLC dungeons and I'm having a blast soloing dungeons etc too.

With an OakenSorc HA I can get around the high 60Ks on the trial dummy and high 30s in content. Nowhere near the 90 to 100k that top tier players can get. And even with the "nerf" I'll still be able to complete the content I want to and I'm still more than happy with that.
    Edited by Hamish999 on May 30, 2023 11:26PM
    PC-EU

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
    Options
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I use Oakensoul HA builds and I'm most definitely a casual player and I have no issue with DKs or the "nerf" to Empower.
    The "nerf" (and I use that term very loosely, it is more of a tweak) is hardly going to affect us casuals anyway, it will impact the end game players that sometimes use Oakensoul for *** and giggles a bit more though.

And just for clarity. I suck at weaving always have (I've been playing for 6 years or there abouts). I like to use Oakensoul so I don't feel like I'm a hindrance to a group. In fact it allowed me to feel confident enough to PUG the newer DLC dungeons and I'm having a blast soloing dungeons etc too.

With an OakenSorc HA I can get around the high 60Ks on the trial dummy and high 30s in content. Nowhere near the 90 to 100k that top tier players can get. And even with the "nerf" I'll still be able to complete the content I want to and I'm still more than happy with that.

Exactly this.

Nobody is, and never was, asking for nerfing casuals into the ground as sometimes a few players are asserting around here.

The whole discussion is about trifectas in trials and dungeons and the question if there should be any effort involved to gain them or not.

And that's definitely not a casual discussion anymore. As well as no casual is comparing himself to logs done by scorepushing groups.
    Edited by Braffin on May 30, 2023 11:46PM
    ---
    Options
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is Fungal Growth dealing damage in that chart?
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
    Options
  • Rkindaleft
    Rkindaleft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I truly don't understand the point of this thread in the first place. We are mad about HA sorcs getting a small nerf that will make them slightly less strong so we are going to complain about how strong dks are? Completely ignoring they are glass cannons that can be very difficult to play?
    People feel differently about a full roster of heavy attack sorcs and a roster of mag dks because they are completely different

I don't feel inherently positive OR negative about either. As I've said several time now, I have a HA sorc. I've filled for HA sorc cores as a dd and as a healer. These cores are planning to continue next patch. I'll probably still be filling for them. Dks will still be awesome.

This is a none issue my guy. Get over it.

I'm pretty sure OP is trying to use the log to say Magicka DK stacking in top groups is the meta and that for some reason that it is a fair argument against the nerfing of oakensorc.

Magicka Dragonknight stacking as already mentioned by someone else is not a very widespread issue, essentially limited to world record attempts/score pushing, with some guilds stacking more of them in trifecta progs. The people who stack groups of them are near or at the very top level of play with near or full optimization of support sets/composition, the average progression style guild who are doing trial HM (with the majority of DPS in those guilds now just use Oaken anyway, it's so ironic - those guilds have 4-5 of them in each run, "stacking" them too) would never run into this at all.

I don't deny that DKs are the strongest class in the game, but I also agree there's no point in comparing them to 100k DPS Oakensorc builds when the two classes don't even have remotely similar functionality or playstyle.
    Edited by Rkindaleft on May 31, 2023 8:06AM
    https://youtube.com/@rkindaleft PlayStation NA. I upload parses and trial POVs sometimes.

Tic Tacs Tormentor | Immortal Beemer | Gryphon Fart | Codslayer | Yawnbringer | Drainsbreaker
    Options