The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why Didn't You Participate in Whitestrake's Mayhem?

• Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went into IC long enough to get tickets everyday and got gang-mauled twice. Lower than average from my experience, but it could be because the solo gankers didn't like the look of my Oaken tank build.

I did 24-36 town quests everyday of the event and got ganked zero times, which is a huge drop from past events. In fact, I saw maybe 3 players from opposing factions the whole time I was in the towns. To be fair I mostly went into the added non-CP campaigns, where the gankers lose some advantages, and only towns that my alliance held at the time.

I spent the rest of the time PvPing, either in GH or queued into GH and fighting in Ashpit. The queue into GH was minimum 1.5 hours, and up to 2.5 hours.Didn't matter if I tried queuing at 4am or 5pm.

The biggest change from past events that I saw was a huge drop in PvE players doing town quests, and the gankers that prey on them. I really don't know why, though. Maybe most players already have the stickers for the sets that drop from those quests.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been participating every day, but my degree of participation varies from day to day depending on my schedule.

Getting the 3 tickets each day is a must, but after that I've been varying between spending a few hours in Cyrodiil earning AP and spending a few hours in the sewers farming the mini (crossed swords) bosses for the new style pages and earning TV.

Also, I play on two servers, but my hours of play-- especially on PC EU-- seem to coincide when things are somewhat quiet, at least for my alliance; there never seems to be a shortage of players from the other alliances! On PC NA my home campaign frequently has a queue wait time of 30 minutes or longer, so I've generally had to play on some of the other campaigns.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never have participated that I remember. I'm just not interested.
    PCNA
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm finding the constant stream of events in ESO has made me less and less interested in any of them.

Simply put, I don't care about them and I can't be bothered wasting my time doing daily tasks for tickets for some reward that i have no use for and once i get it i won't use or think about ever again.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rewards were a bit lackluster on the event vendor.

I did some missions of the first day or two, but I can only be obliterated by high end pvpers so many times.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I didn't participate the last few days because I try to stay off the computer on the weekends.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've seen permanent queues in the main campaigns throughout the event.

Avoiding the busy campaigns to avoid queues, the lower population campaigns can be pretty hit or miss, with most rarely having 2 bars, let alone 3. They are usually dominated by one faction with infrequent pushes by others and getting 'real' PVP action in them is a challenge. Many of them are also 'controlled' by a handful of people, who obviously enjoy PVP but who can really take any fun out of your game.

I'd love to play in the busy campaigns, but lag prevents me from being anywhere near competitive. Getting annihilated by 'professional PVPers', which I define as most people who've reached Alliance rank 50 who still PVP, is simply not fun.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I did, I've just gotten very, very good at dodging PvP after suffering with it for nine years.

If PvP ever becomes more accessible with less of a skill and knowledge gap then maybe I'll dip my toes into it again. But it hasn't been fun since those early days when there was no meta, most people weren't even level 50 yet and had no set items. Just bits and pieces of gear they'd gathered while levelling and no clue what a viable build even looked like.

Now you just get oneshot. Or you make a PvP build that makes you insufferably tanky only for it to get nerfed the next time you swap to it.

Until then I just hope they eventually trade out whitestrake's for a flat, spontanious 100% ap holiday like the explorer's celebration so I can ignore it and stay in my PvE lane.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Busy in rl, didn't need the tickets, rewards were....meh, and honestly I didn't want to sit out the que/change campaigns.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I turned in my quests for the event tickets. I had done enough before the event to cover every day.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit loves doing BGs during Whitestrake's festival. Doing battlegrounds gives him an inflated sense of self-importance, PVP-wise, totally undeserved but wallowed-in nonetheless.
    kurdaBG.jpg

bgScoreboard.png?width=876&height=795
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't PvP in Cyrodiil but I'll do battlegrounds. I didn't participate much this year because I didn't want anything at the event vendor. So once I'd gotten 12/12 event tickets, I stopped. I ended up doing only two battlegrounds this event. So basically a lack of decent rewards kept me away.
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did participate a bit, but I get in and out as quickly as possible, sneaking around on a nb in quieter campaigns doing the bare minimum to get tickets and style pages. If I've succeeded (and I've gotten very good at succeeding), you'll never know I was there.

I've liked pvp in many other games, but I have no interest here. I think the best way to explain why in a brief way is that I never find fights in this game against anyone even approximately close to my skill level. Ever. I either obliterate some poor player even newer to pvp than I am with a couple of skills, and feel terrible about it... or get deleted by a hardcore full time pvp'er (or more often, a well-organized group of them) and don't enjoy it. So, these days I just pass on the whole thing entirely and get my pvp fix elsweyr.
  • Deathgiggle
    Deathgiggle
    ✭✭✭
    I'm fairly new and just hit CP160 but I did go to one pvp game to see what it was all about. I'll be completely honest, it was NOT fun! The game was one with a ball we had to pick up and carry. Forgive me, I don't remember the name of it. My team mates seemed cool and talkative but we ran into a problem with one guy on one of the opposite teams. He or maybe it was a she, was just a beast. They mopped the floor with everyone and basically seemed unkillable. At one point we killed several people in a little area and it was just him against 4 of us. He jumped around and destroyed anyone who came at him.
    Now granted, I was not in any PvP gear, nor am I spec'd for PvP, but I do have some really nice epic set gear and jewelry and at one point he's smashing 2 of my team mates and I'm sitting back and just throwing everything I got at him. He was taking massive damage but just kept living and kept killing. After a while my team got discouraged and wanted to just sit back and let him win.

After that, I didn't want anymore of the PvP. It seems it's more of a sport for power players who have something to prove. I'm sure it can be fun if you live and breathe that sort of thing, but this is such a huge game and there is so much to do for a newer player like myself. So many dungeons, chest farming, dailies, trying to find rare motifs and furniture plans, etc. I've seen guilds advertising large in-game events, get togethers, raffles, housing contests, etc. Just so many activities if you really look around, that PvP doesn't figure into my gaming life. Maybe in the future, after I get about a thousand more CP and some much better gear, it would be more fun. That's my 2 cents, cause you asked
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fairly new and just hit CP160 but I did go to one pvp game to see what it was all about. I'll be completely honest, it was NOT fun! The game was one with a ball we had to pick up and carry. Forgive me, I don't remember the name of it. My team mates seemed cool and talkative but we ran into a problem with one guy on one of the opposite teams. He or maybe it was a she, was just a beast. They mopped the floor with everyone and basically seemed unkillable. At one point we killed several people in a little area and it was just him against 4 of us. He jumped around and destroyed anyone who came at him.
    Now granted, I was not in any PvP gear, nor am I spec'd for PvP, but I do have some really nice epic set gear and jewelry and at one point he's smashing 2 of my team mates and I'm sitting back and just throwing everything I got at him. He was taking massive damage but just kept living and kept killing. After a while my team got discouraged and wanted to just sit back and let him win.

After that, I didn't want anymore of the PvP. It seems it's more of a sport for power players who have something to prove. I'm sure it can be fun if you live and breathe that sort of thing, but this is such a huge game and there is so much to do for a newer player like myself. So many dungeons, chest farming, dailies, trying to find rare motifs and furniture plans, etc. I've seen guilds advertising large in-game events, get togethers, raffles, housing contests, etc. Just so many activities if you really look around, that PvP doesn't figure into my gaming life. Maybe in the future, after I get about a thousand more CP and some much better gear, it would be more fun. That's my 2 cents, cause you asked

That would be ChaosBall.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be ChaosBall. And that was one of the "unkillable tank" players.

Which is one very good reason to stay out of pvp far as I'm concerned.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I usually do participate and I enjoy MYM, however this past two weeks my raiding dance card was full leaving little time to teabag AD players.
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No interest in PvP, but I have participated in the past just for rewards. Didn't feel like bothering this year because I'm not into PvP
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyro on xbox EU terrible lag, but NA was a blast, and no troll builds this time like the unkillable werewolves last time.
    Having fun again playing ESO after 5 months of break, even as PVE player in PVE gear.
    Tier 3 on 15, tier 1 on additional 35 characters, meaning 2500 transmutation crystals and 15x6 purple jewelry. 2 mio AP.

Thanks for this event, looking forward the second one soon.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it discusses an event.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too busy playing ToT
    Formally SirDopey, lost forum account during the great reset.....
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No PvP for me.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First reason: ZOS has given PVP over to the gankers, bombers, and ball groups. I used to enjoy it, but now it's just a party for people who enjoy killing people who don't even have the opportunity to fight back. That's everything ZOS should be trying to discourage--it's the literal opposite of everything that made PVP great in this game in the early yers. If that's what they want PVP in this game to be, so be it.

Second reason: Every time I logged on, DC was getting completely creamed on every single campaign. Pelinal's boon is nice, but 2 times zero is zero.

So i did participate, but not as much as in years past, and I'm really not sure I got a moment of enjoyment out of it.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I don't consider myself to be a PvPer at heart, I enjoy AvA PvP in Cyrodiil. This is my favorite event because it's a lot of fun if you just throw yourself into it, whereas most of the other events are a bit monotonous after you've done them for a few years, such that after a few days you're ready to just do the minimum needed to earn your tickets. That's never a problem with this event.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the only event I look forward to every year
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I did participate, but it is hard to really call it "participation". I did the bare minimum just to get the event tickets and for the most part I was trying to avoid PvP. I leeched some AP here and there by fixing walls or healing someone but that is about it.

I used to PvP a lot. I got highest Alliance Rank long time before double AP or AP login rewards were a thing. Idk how to describe it really. I guess the best way to say why I PvP less is that Cyrodiil is no longer fun. Proc sets got out of hand. Class balance (hello DKs) got out of hand. Ball groups got out of hand. Night / morning capping got out of hand. Nothing in Cyrodiil feels like it has meaning and purpose. Cyrodiil just became a PvP sandbox where nothing really matters. If it was at least fun, then maybe it would be a decent time killer, but it is not. It kinda feels like a weird amusement park where you have rides like: Dark Bridge of Gankers ; Farm of Tower Tanks Carousel ; Scary Walls of Ball Groups etc.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 23, 2023 11:17AM
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Impressario had nothing that interested me, so I felt no compulsion to spend any of the 12 tickets I had when the event started, SOOO, I had no need to run content I don't normally run in order to replenish tickets.
    I imagine it will be the same next month. Ain't no thang.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • JARTHEGREY
      JARTHEGREY
      ✭✭✭
      Really not interested. Don't like PvP, or going to IC or Cyrodill.
    • DragonRacer
      DragonRacer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I participated, but minimally because I am not a PvP fan.

So I did 13 IC district dailies in advance during low population times across 3 characters. Turned one daily in each day of the event, so the extent of my participation was going into my alliance sewer base and handing in a quest before bouncing.

Then I went to Cyrodiil and pulled a scouting mission. If it was decently close, I did that. if it wasn't, I'd check what towns my alliance held and did a quick town daily, then bounced.

Beyond that, I sent four characters in to Cyrodiil to very courageously repair keep walls and doors so I can get those sweet, sweet 50 transmute crystals per character at campaign end.

I did my bare minimum for the alliances. LOL
      PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    • bachpain
      bachpain
      ✭✭✭✭
      I have just got tired of open world PVP being all ball groups or nothing. Mixing in the frustration of the Chapter preview shaping up I have been playing other games.