The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why Didn't You Participate in Whitestrake's Mayhem?

Stamicka
Stamicka
✭✭✭✭✭
This double AP event felt much more quiet than usual. I noticed there was a huge drop off in participation after a few days. For those of you who did not participate in Whitestrakes Mayhem or stopped participating early on this year. Why?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 23, 2023 1:19AM
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL isn't it a PVP event?
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I simply have no interest in doing PvP content.
  • BaalMelqartu
    BaalMelqartu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Uhh...yeah. What they said.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huge drop off? Imperial city was packed in prime time, when it is usually zero bars. Grey Host has a 150 or so queue from the afternoon through prime time every day. I'd hardly call that a lack of participation.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mayhem is always busiest in the first half and slows down towards the end. PVP is a high intensity activity and people, especially people who don't do it regularly, get burned out.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No real time anymore and a PC that can't handle PvP anymore even though it's the same PC that used to handle it just fine.

It's my favorite event but I can't play it anymore without building a new PC and I can't justify a new build when I barely play games anymore. Such is life.
  • Cheveyo
    Cheveyo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not PvP.

On occasion, I'll join a match to remind myself why I don't do it. One match is enough to remind myself.

PvP is awful in MMOs. If I want to face other players, I'd rather do it in an FPS.
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    No real time anymore and a PC that can't handle PvP anymore even though it's the same PC that used to handle it just fine.

It's my favorite event but I can't play it anymore without building a new PC and I can't justify a new build when I barely play games anymore. Such is life.

My problem was space on the SSD on my PC.

I found a campaign that was empty and did the quests in the towns. I only saw two friendly players, and just one enemy (who wiped me out immediately).

I'm not sure my actions count as Whitestraking.
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    One bad experience was logging into a different toon, doing all the quests in the town then realising I forgot to use the scroll so I think I missed the extra xp anyway.
  • Daiyanae
    Daiyanae
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like pvp events.
  • JR_Returns
    JR_Returns
    ✭✭✭
    Don't like in PvP or being ganked .every 2 seconds. ZOS can put on as many PvP events as they like but I''ll never participate in them.
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't get into my normal map as it was always full when I checked, so I didn't bother this time.
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the UK at least even if people did PVP we've been experiencing a rare phenomenon known as "sunlight".
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used to love Mayhem, it was my favorite event to play. Not so much this year because I'm burnt out of the bad meta decisions made end of last year. We still suffer from those. They are driving a lot of people away from both PVP and the game, including myself.
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't have time to do much during the week, but spent just enough time in Cyro over the weekends to get my tickets from the town quests. Spent about five minutes in Imperial City the first weekend, which as always was just enough time to remind myself what a festering boil it is so that I'm motivated to avoid it for another six months.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no interest in PvP.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Normally I LOVE MYM, but this time I was just busy IRL, and didn't feel like dealing with it.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had fun with it this year. Console.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No interest in pvp any more.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got what I was looking for in the first couple days of the event, then moved on.
    PvP is in shambles in this game, due to developer inaction. I have no reason to waste time with something the developers also do not put time into.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't PvP in ESO, I only enter Cyrodiil to get skyshards or do some of the dailies.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • notyuu
      notyuu
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Simple, the only reason to take part in the event is to get the tickets, and doing a scouting mission and an imp city daily takes all of ~20 mins, add in the fact that the MYM has a reputation for people camping the town quest turnin points for easy kills, thanks to several years of this happening and people just want to get in, get their tickets and get out rather than hang around and PvP.

Also, while the double AP is nice, there's nothing worth a damn to spend it on nor anything to gain from the PvP ranks that it would help you boost through in mere seconds, sure you get skill points from doing that but if you grab shards and do quests, which is pretty standard PvE Fair, you'll end up with more of them than you can literally spend
    • Bekkael
      Bekkael
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I participated long enough to buy the 1 part I needed for the skin morph; after I filled my tickets back to 12, I was done.

And I hate PVP, only do it when absolutely necessary, like for tickets. :smirk:
      ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
    • vsrs_au
      vsrs_au
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I've been participating, mainly to get items and resources I don't normally get and take advantage of the event reward boxes. It's been spoiled a bit by being ganked by PvP players even when it was really obvious I was just doing the daily town quests. Some players just seem to view this event as a ganking buffet, and players like myself as easy prey. The zone is also showing its age and badly needs a makeover.
      PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    • derkaiserliche
      derkaiserliche
      ✭✭✭✭
      I am normally a pve player but i actually played a lot of pvp this event and mostly enjoyed it. The only thing i really hate is chaosball with unkillable tanks running around as fast as a olympic runner and relics where noone knows what he should do now.

I would just like a decent variaty of rewards and not always the same bag with the same stones and same gear in it. (Maybe more alchemy stuff, buff food, furniture and so on)
    • robwolf666
      robwolf666
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Northwold wrote: »
      In the UK at least even if people did PVP we've been experiencing a rare phenomenon known as "sunlight".

Yup, have to catch those rays when we get the chance.
    • chessalavakia_ESO
      chessalavakia_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I participated this year but, I did so a little bit less than other years.

I had forgotten to leave the campaigns before the event started so I would have had fees to pay to change many of my more PvP slanted characters to less active campaigns and thus I choose not to bother with many of them because the login queue was longer than I cared to wait on many of the characters and I didn't want to pay the fee to change.

Many of my characters are now in the higher MMR battlegrounds bracket which has noticeably longer que times and people lean far more on tactics that annoy me.

During previous years, more urgency has been present to earn AP to get the items from the golden.Since the event is coming back shortly their isn't really a rush for me.

I got caught up on items last year so I didn't need to earn many tickets for the bags from previous years.

Since I'm not interested in the items we've gotten to combine so far this year I haven't needed tickets for them.

I've got 864 transmutes plus probably another 10+ of the x 50 things and I don't really plan on doing any huge transmute spending so I didn't see a need to get all of my characters to do it.

The bug that makes it hard to sell House Dufort items reduced the incentive to farm them much.
    • ESO_player123
      ESO_player123
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I participated for the first time ever. Did the quests before the event and now turning them in once a day to get the tickets. Turned out to be very easy. Otherwise, I have no interest in PvP.
    • Necrotech_Master
      Necrotech_Master
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Mayhem is always busiest in the first half and slows down towards the end. PVP is a high intensity activity and people, especially people who don't do it regularly, get burned out.

ill have to say that this is probably it lol

ive been doing nothing but pvp since the event started trying to help push towards rank 50 and its been a lot lol

if tomorrow wasnt the end of the event i would probably need to take a break too lol
      plays PC/NA
      handle @Necrotech_Master
      active player since april 2014
    • Jestir
      Jestir
      ✭✭✭✭
      I was actively taking part until a few days ago

I don't feel like waiting to get into GH, but really enjoyed the few times i could get in after work

IC is probably my answer for worst "content" in the game (with the thieves guild and dark brotherhood grind being right behind it) . After finishing the new style and doing a quest a day for tickets I just want to get out of there as fast as possible

Battlegrounds have been quick to get into and an absolute blast most of the time.

All in all, with the exception of being forced back into the IC boss style farm, I am really excited for the event to be back next month