The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

So i heard people saying they previewed necrom on pts?

YetAnotherLinuxUser
YetAnotherLinuxUser
✭✭✭✭
i just tried to look at it on pts server and was confronted with a request to upgrade to necrom on pts? So i cant play necrom on pts unless i have preordered it? So i cant see if i wold even like it enough to buy it from playing it on pts? I know they just upgraded the pts server today... maybe that was the upgrade to lock people out? Someone help me understand... please and thank you..
Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 16, 2023 1:49PM
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was locked just today to test access levels. You had couple weeks before, now it's too late...
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know myself - I don't have the data available to download (and update half a dozen times) the PTS. I *think* I remember hearing that the PTS is "locked" before release of the chapter, but I don't know if it was 3 weeks early, and I certainly don't know if it's locked if you don't preorder the chapter.

So I looked at the patch notes from today:
    Please note during this week, access to the Necrom Chapter will be restricted to those who pre-purchased the Chapter to test proper access levels ahead of it launching on June 5.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/633831/pts-patch-notes-v9-0-4

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Chapters are generally available to everyone for a few weeks on PTS, then they switch to test that people who purchased it actually have access, and people who did not purchase it do not have access. There were problems with past live rollouts where people who should have access do not, and people who should not have access do. So that is tested on PTS shortly before pushing to live.

The PTS is a testing server, not a "try before you buy" server. You can kinda-sorta treat it as try before you buy, but that is not the purpose of PTS and cannot be expected behavior.
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ty all for clarifying. Right not a try B4 buy server but now I have no means by which to further consider the claims made in another thread about reasons why people chose to not buy it.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    The Chapters are generally available to everyone for a few weeks on PTS, then they switch to test that people who purchased it actually have access, and people who did not purchase it do not have access. There were problems with past live rollouts where people who should have access do not, and people who should not have access do. So that is tested on PTS shortly before pushing to live.

The PTS is a testing server, not a "try before you buy" server. You can kinda-sorta treat it as try before you buy, but that is not the purpose of PTS and cannot be expected behavior.

Well... I use it as a "try before you buy" server. Just need to be mindful of when you can try and what might change before you get what you buy.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ty all for clarifying. Right not a try B4 buy server but now I have no means by which to further consider the claims made in another thread about reasons why people chose to not buy it.

Well, take those negative comments with a grain of salt. We have a lot of bitter players who have not recovered from the Update 35 nerfs and balance changes, so anything short of reversing those they will complain about everything and anything ZOS tries to do.

Personally, I have tried PTS and having a blast with Arcanist. I am also looking forward to the new companions as well. Anything that adds more quests and especially new companions, and I'm all for it. :)
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    yah the arcanist was the one thing i thought would be interesting. was hoping to try it out a bit but i'm too slow i guess.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tried the PTS and gave up out of boredom.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't purchased the Necrom chapter, but I just tried to get in and had no problem.
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't purchased the Necrom chapter, but I just tried to get in and had no problem.

did you try traveling to the ne part of the telvani peninsula and there were things there greyed out? I was encouraged by your post but it still asks me to upgrade on pts. getting in to pts is not the issue it's accessing the new chapter that's not working right now.

Also tried to make a new character and couldnt use arcanist or necromancer
    Edited by YetAnotherLinuxUser on May 16, 2023 2:47AM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New class is underwhelming, hard to weave, and crux is so-so... it's great!
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PTS is a test server. Not a free preview server. New chapter/DLC is usually temporarily available for all for few weeks but normally only for players who have access to content or have prepurchased it can access it at pts. (Some DLC may or may not be available at PTS crown store for test crowns.) I faintly remember some chapter PTS was only made accessible for prepurchasers so I did not participate, cause I buy my chapters from sale.
    As for new class, I tried a template char casually and it felt ok I guess, except visuals felt bit too scifi for medieval fantasy theme and also circling bright green things give me headache. (Also tested oakensoul HA nerf and it is still good for a casual and switching one of the sets make it even more powerful.)
    Edited by rpa on May 16, 2023 3:43AM
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    rpa wrote: »
    PTS is a test server. Not a free preview server. New chapter/DLC is usually temporarily available for all for few weeks but normally only for players who have access to content or have prepurchased it can access it at pts. (Some DLC may or may not be available at PTS crown store for test crowns.) I faintly remember some chapter PTS was only made accessible for prepurchasers so I did not participate, cause I buy my chapters from sale.
    As for new class, I tried a template char casually and it felt ok I guess, except visuals felt bit too scifi for medieval fantasy theme and also circling bright green things give me headache. (Also tested oakensoul HA nerf and it is still good for a casual and switching one of the sets make it even more powerful.)

thanks for that though. i could buy lots of things frompts crown store but not necrom or arcanist though i could buy the telvani and apocrapha skyshards...6 skill ponts in all...but not high isle or the others.. weird.
  • AScarlato
    AScarlato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

Well, take those negative comments with a grain of salt. We have a lot of bitter players who have not recovered from the Update 35 nerfs and balance changes, so anything short of reversing those they will complain about everything and anything ZOS tries to do.

Personally, I have tried PTS and having a blast with Arcanist. I am also looking forward to the new companions as well. Anything that adds more quests and especially new companions, and I'm all for it. :)

Or we have a roadmap with maybe 66 percent of the content we got in prior years (missing 2 dungeons and no additional zone this year) and unless you really like the new class or theme of the zone can just wait for a sale.

Some also didn’t like the new group-based overland system or had other issues. Unfortunately such feedback was deemed “nothing constructive” and the thread was closed.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AScarlato wrote: »

Or we have a roadmap with maybe 66 percent of the content we got in prior years (missing 2 dungeons and no additional zone this year) and unless you really like the new class or theme of the zone can just wait for a sale.

Some also didn’t like the new group-based overland system or had other issues. Unfortunately such feedback was deemed “nothing constructive” and the thread was closed.

Yup. I think that this year represents an overall rollback in terms of what customers are getting this year.

On top of that, it is clear that quality is not exactly at the top of the attention list. Some bugs have been around forever, unfixed. To make matters worse, they have a history of adding more with each update, and not all of them get fixed in a timely manner. The net is that their backlog of defects must be huge, and it feels like they don't have enough people to work on it.

As for the group overland event content, I felt that the Blackwood portals to the Atoll of Immolation were a hard miss. Unimpressive rewards and no indication from the outside if others are interested in the content. (Hint: they usually aren't) The new ideas that they have for Bastion Nymic seem to be an attempt to address problems with Blackwood. While it resolves the problem with not knowing if others are interested by having players group before entering, I expect that the added work to get in, and the typical lackluster loot for the effort, will probably shoot this one in the foot over the long term.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's interesting because we've had tons of threads saying that people would be willing to go without a quarterly DLC if ZOS would just focus on bug fixes and QoL additions. This is what they're planning this year, and now people are complaining of lack of content already. ZOS just cannot win.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭

It's interesting because we've had tons of threads saying that people would be willing to go without a quarterly DLC if ZOS would just focus on bug fixes and QoL additions. This is what they're planning this year, and now people are complaining of lack of content already. ZOS just cannot win.

I'm not concerned with lack of content this year, if they do in fact address the many bugs in the game instead. My only desire was to test and see if necrom really was as bad as peple claimed in my other thread but access was closed down b4 i got around to looking. Bad timing on my part and not understanding they would close it. I hope the bugs get fixed. They need to fix them bugs more than we need another buggy chapter filled with more buggy dungeons that bug everyone to death. I appreciate their willingness to stop, take a breath and regroup before moving forward again. Hopefully what follows next year will be way better than 'high' isle... and necrom. Wish i had taken the time to look. I only just got a 2nd nvme drive for my machine so that i could have the space to put pts on my machine. I just didnt/couldnt move fast enough, unaware of the time limit that existed. Oh well.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    now I have no means by which to further consider the claims made in another thread about reasons why people chose to not buy it.

You had 27 days prior to it being locked for access-testing.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Kendaric
      Kendaric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I'm not concerned with lack of content this year, if they do in fact address the many bugs in the game instead. My only desire was to test and see if necrom really was as bad as peple claimed in my other thread but access was closed down b4 i got around to looking. Bad timing on my part and not understanding they would close it. I hope the bugs get fixed. They need to fix them bugs more than we need another buggy chapter filled with more buggy dungeons that bug everyone to death. I appreciate their willingness to stop, take a breath and regroup before moving forward again. Hopefully what follows next year will be way better than 'high' isle... and necrom. Wish i had taken the time to look. I only just got a 2nd nvme drive for my machine so that i could have the space to put pts on my machine. I just didnt/couldnt move fast enough, unaware of the time limit that existed. Oh well.

It's not that Necrom is bad, it just doesn't offer enough things that interest me.

It's definitely better than High Isle, though admittedly it would be difficult to be worse.
      Edited by Kendaric on May 16, 2023 11:54AM
        PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      • Elsonso
        Elsonso
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭

We had "tons" saying that ZOS should have been fixing bugs along with delivering new content at the same time, and that they should not stop delivering content. :smile: Content sells. Bug fixes don't. We will see how successful this year is at reducing bugs.
      • ZOS_Icy
        ZOS_Icy
        mod
        Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
        Staff Post
      • AScarlato
        AScarlato
        ✭✭✭✭✭

Different posters have different points of view. Competent coding should be a basic feature of an mmo that I expect along with content. Let’s see how people feel in 4 months when there is no content and they are done with the expansion.

If a game is in a state that you have people celebrating no content but a quarter of bug fixes, something went very wrong.
        Edited by AScarlato on May 16, 2023 1:54PM
      • Kelinmiriel
        Kelinmiriel
        ✭✭✭✭
        Creating a max level template character opens up access to Necrom on the PTS.
        Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
        Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
      • YetAnotherLinuxUser
        YetAnotherLinuxUser
        ✭✭✭✭

so it does. and it gives you access to the quest. it wont let you play arcanist though. even after playting and saving and going back to create another arcanist is still off limits
      • IxSTALKERxI
        IxSTALKERxI
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        It was locked just today to test access levels. You had couple weeks before, now it's too late...

RIP... i only just found out yesterday that there was a new class being added to eso and just finsihed downloading the pts to see it [snip]

[edited for profanity bypass]
        Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 30, 2023 1:33PM
        NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
        Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
        Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
        Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
      • JanTanhide
        JanTanhide
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Well that's interesting. I just saw this thread so figured I would try the PTS. I have NOT purchased the Necrom chapter.

I got in with no issues at all. Created a CP 3600 Archanist and have access to the entire Telvani area. NA PC.

I'm logged in now as I post this. So, I have no idea why others cannot get in.

LOL. Just ported into the new Trial and got one shotted. Never set the character up with a single skill or armour or anything. But yeah, I can go everywhere.
        Edited by JanTanhide on May 19, 2023 2:50PM
      • JanTanhide
        JanTanhide
        ✭✭✭✭✭

so it does. and it gives you access to the quest. it wont let you play arcanist though. even after playting and saving and going back to create another arcanist is still off limits

Well, I am on a CP 3600 Arcanist now. I did not pre purchase Necrom. I don't know why others are having issues with getting on the PTS and testing the Arcanist. Strange for sure.
      • YetAnotherLinuxUser
        YetAnotherLinuxUser
        ✭✭✭✭
        That closed access to it this past tuesday
      • rpa
        rpa
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        I just logged and quickly visited Televanni peninsula with both my template Arcanist and my Oakensoul HA Sorc. So apparently they have restored access for people not having preordered/bought the chapter or its just a bug. Give it a try.
        (They did disable access for non-purchasers to test access lock works. When they were done with testing makes sense they enable it again but access will probably not be available indefinitely.)
        Edited by rpa on May 19, 2023 4:26PM
      • YetAnotherLinuxUser
        YetAnotherLinuxUser
        ✭✭✭✭
        hxbptu3x7sx1.jpg