The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

So i heard people saying they previewed necrom on pts?

• YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also i can not purchase arcanist from the crown store except if i upgrade my base game. everything else is available. i can go to the peninsula now that i am doing that right but i can not create the arcanist.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have you tried to log in PTS with existing char (or make char of another class)b and use a test crown to purchase Necrom chapter under Chapters in PTS crown store. For me it its grayed out and claims I have purchased it even when I have not.
    (I did give chapter and template arcanist a try before tuesday.)
    Edit:
    yt2ybek4g5rb.png
    Maybe the difference is that I do have ESO+, if the Necrom Chapter is on Crown store, its included. But new class may not be. (Even when its listed in featuiires included.)
    Edit2:
    Yep, I too can't make a new Arcanist char. It should be in crown store if the chapter is, but apparently is not.
    Edited by rpa on May 19, 2023 4:55PM
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    rpa wrote: »
    Have you tried to log in PTS with existing char (or make char of another class)b and use a test crown to purchase Necrom chapter under Chapters in PTS crown store. For me it its grayed out and claims I have purchased it even when I have not.
    (I did give chapter and template arcanist a try before tuesday.)

ye i have tried that it's not available to purchase from the crown store, as stated above. arcanist is not purchasable. it's not even listed on the pts crown store
    Edited by YetAnotherLinuxUser on May 19, 2023 4:48PM
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    lqvcpl9mn9qx.jpg
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    There is really no need for any more testing as there is not going to be another Patch before the official live server launch. What we have now on the PTS is what we are going to get on June 5th and then they will start their regular patching cycle. They did close the Chapter to those who have not pre-ordered it as they did with High Isle on the last patch. With just a few weeks left it really doesn't matter now. The flood gates will open on the 5th and we shall see how well the players respond to it.
    Edited by Dovahkiin02191973 on May 23, 2023 11:10AM
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also i can not purchase arcanist from the crown store except if i upgrade my base game. everything else is available. i can go to the peninsula now that i am doing that right but i can not create the arcanist.

That's standard.

Arcanist, like Necro and Warden before it, is the new 'Chapter feature.' That means that it's unavailable outside of the Chapter itself.

If history repeats, the Arcanist will not be available for purchase separate from Necrom until the next Chapter releases, at which point the Telvanni Peninsula/Apocrypha will be DLC (and Arcanist wil not/i] be included in ESO+).
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    I remember that from a bad email experience. Google terminated my original account's associated email address because of prolonged inactivity on it as it was only for the game and they were right I had no activity on it for a long time. I had no way to recover it so I had to create a new ESO account and email address and start all over. As I recall I had to purchase Warden and Necromancer from the store as buying the game over again after Elsweyr it was the only way to get those classes into my new account as all of the previous Chapters were now DLCs. I can only assume that ZOS has archived that account as I know it still exists as I can't use my character's name from it. Ugh! :( I know now that I could have opened a ticket with ZOS and had them go in an change my email on that account.
    Edited by Dovahkiin02191973 on May 23, 2023 7:27PM
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm one of those boring people that genuinely enjoyed High Isle, thinks that both the new class and new trial from Necrom are enough to buy the chapter.

The new trial is visually stunning and has a lot going on.
    Edited by FantasticFreddie on May 23, 2023 1:36PM
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they would tone down the Arcanist visual effects just little not so bright. Other than that I think we have a solid Chapter. The issues facing us are not really the Chapter but the lack of communication and ignoring feedback between ZOS and the players which will make or break it.
    Edited by Dovahkiin02191973 on May 23, 2023 3:00PM
  • AdmiralDigby
    AdmiralDigby
    Soul Shriven
    Once it goes live. Will the PTS allow you use Arcanist again? I use PTS to make content/builds/test things etc.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Once it goes live. Will the PTS allow you use Arcanist again? I use PTS to make content/builds/test things etc.

The PTS will not receive another update until the testing for U39.

From last week on, your account will need to own the Arcanist class through the Necrom Chapter (or otherwise when it eventually comes in the Crown Store, likely next year) in order to play an Arcanist on PTS.
  • AdmiralDigby
    AdmiralDigby
    Soul Shriven

The PTS will not receive another update until the testing for U39.

From last week on, your account will need to own the Arcanist class through the Necrom Chapter (or otherwise when it eventually comes in the Crown Store, likely next year) in order to play an Arcanist on PTS.

Thanks for letting me know. As a console player who has already bought the DLC. Sucks I can't test builds on PTS. Wish they had a console PTS.