The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Heads up, if you want that Argonian companion....

• Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Stanx wrote: »
    The public dungeon will be swarming with other players, running that specific quest. If you can't handle the mob packs then just wait (probably no more than a minute close to launch) and someone will clear the way for you. Plus you can grab a skill point and a skyshard for your low level character while you're there. Failing that, just ask for a group in zone / guild chat.

Unless the quest requires fighting a public dungeon boss (does it? I'm on console so no access to PTS) then a low level player should be able to clear a public dungeon quite easily.

Right but what about a month from after launch? Six months?

[snip]

It should be easy enough to get around on a low level. Both high isle and blackwood public dungeons were relatively easy to clear on my low levels with a couple of bosses here and there they couldn't get past. Based on previous companion quests I doubt it lines you up with anything more than a single shielded boss. You can sneak past the rest or just sprint, die and res.

Not every feature / quest in the game needs to be accessible to every single player the moment they clear the tutorial. There are still 5 other companions.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Kraken on April 18, 2023 2:04PM
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Damien2424 wrote: »
    ZOS creates easy overland content -> players deem it as bad -> forums flooded with complaining comments
    ZOS creates semi-hard overland content -> players deem it as bad -> forums flooded with complaining comments

Y'all are impossible to please.

For me the issue I have with this is perspective. This is a quest for a companion, not a mythic lead or a mount or something. This is for a companion.

I always felt companions were aimed at the solo, average player. The kind of person who does not do group content. Seems a bit odd to have the quest take the player into a place like a public dungeon and not a delve.

You have a very limited view of solo players. Isobel is tanking dlc dungeons for me.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The public dungeon will be swarming with other players, running that specific quest. If you can't handle the mob packs then just wait (probably no more than a minute close to launch) and someone will clear the way for you. Plus you can grab a skill point and a skyshard for your low level character while you're there. Failing that, just ask for a group in zone / guild chat.

Unless the quest requires fighting a public dungeon boss (does it? I'm on console so no access to PTS) then a low level player should be able to clear a public dungeon quite easily.

Right but what about a month from after launch? Six months?

[snip]

It should be easy enough to get around on a low level. Both high isle and blackwood public dungeons were relatively easy to clear on my low levels with a couple of bosses here and there they couldn't get past. Based on previous companion quests I doubt it lines you up with anything more than a single shielded boss. You can sneak past the rest or just sprint, die and res.

Not every feature / quest in the game needs to be accessible to every single player the moment they clear the tutorial. There are still 5 other companions.

I did not mean that as an attack. I am just pointing out that the crowds of people doing the quest won’t last.

[edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Kraken on April 18, 2023 2:04PM
  • Damien2424
    Damien2424
    ✭✭
    I hope the companions next year will be instanced in a narrow and dark tunnel in the most remote place in Tamriel where we can recruit them with a handshake.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »
    ZOS creates easy overland content -> players deem it as bad -> forums flooded with complaining comments
    ZOS creates semi-hard overland content -> players deem it as bad -> forums flooded with complaining comments

For me the issue I have with this is perspective. This is a quest for a companion, not a mythic lead or a mount or something. This is for a companion.

I always felt companions were aimed at the solo, average player. The kind of person who does not do group content. Seems a bit odd to have the quest take the player into a place like a public dungeon and not a delve.

You have a very limited view of solo players. Isobel is tanking dlc dungeons for me.

Maybe you are an above average player?
    Again I am thinking of new, no-cp players here. Or people who are more into RP than survivability and gear builds. And not people accustomed to doing dlc dungeons by themselves.

I mean if you can basically solo a dlc dungeon, a public dungeon is not going to be a problem with or without other players.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Quests and Exploration section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Icy wrote: »
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Quests and Exploration section, as it is better suited there.

But this is the pts.

If you are going to move it why there exactly?
  • Damien2424
    Damien2424
    ✭✭
    But they do not have to kill a single trash mob or boss in the dlc dungeon, they do not have to be accustomed to that. If they are not interested in completing the dungeon they should just run past eveything. No survivability, no gear, no group content. Just RUN to the quest marker.
    This were said numerous times already, why are you ignoring it? [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 18, 2023 1:48PM
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But they do not have to kill a single trash mob or boss in the dlc dungeon, they do not have to be accustomed to that. If they are not interested in completing the dungeon they should just run past eveything. No survivability, no gear, no group content. Just RUN to the quest marker.
    This were said numerous times already, why are you ignoring it? [snip]

I said they could always corpse run it earlier. I did not ignore it.

Am I not allowed to give feedback about the pts? About my misgivings about how the quest is done?

[snip]
    [edited for flaming & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 18, 2023 1:50PM
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Maybe you are an above average player?
    Again I am thinking of new, no-cp players here. Or people who are more into RP than survivability and gear builds. And not people accustomed to doing dlc dungeons by themselves.

I mean if you can basically solo a dlc dungeon, a public dungeon is not going to be a problem with or without other players.

It's not about what I can do, it's about what companions can do. If they can tank normal dlc dungeons then what makes you think they are aimed at people who take a detour when they see a daedric harvester?
    I don't mean to be belligerent about this, I just get annoyed about this whole narrative that companions are just a crutch for people who have trouble surviving in Overland and are basically useless for experienced players.
    Edited by Snamyap on April 18, 2023 2:37PM
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You people are panicking unduly. The quest was easily doable with a level 25 template with no cp and only some crappy mixed weight blue gear.
    PC EU
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Icy wrote: »
    Greetings,

And another thread killed, awesome work. 👍
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rpa wrote: »
    Then create fully levelled template char to test things. It's PTS you do not have to level and grind gear for a test char.

I am on my main, I have fully golded gear. I can do a public dungeon solo.

But I have a friend who loves companions and is not very good at dps. They will not be able to get this companion on their own. I assume many people are like this. Hence the heads up.

I wouldn't worry, it will probably be swamped with players on release all there for the companion.

Yeah, but still it’s such a marked change from the earlier companion quests. Like the rest of the chapter, it just makes me ask why they made these design decisions.

I dunno, that is just my personal feelings. I can’t say they are universally felt. Maybe it’s because I am not really enjoying the other parts of the chapter or something.
    Perhaps they intentionally made this one different? I have limited experience with companions, but getting both Bastian and Mirri as companions was the proverbial walk in the park. Perhaps ZOS intentionally made this one more challenging?
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you thought this was bad, Azadar's quest makes you go much deeper into the other public dungeon. But in neither case do you have to fight any of the bosses so there really is nothing to worry about.
    PC EU
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The quests seem to be a bit too much. A daily that requires a premade group. And now a companion quest that involves a public dungeon.

This chapter feels weird. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but it’s just not that enjoyable so far. It’s not the story, what little if it I have done seems fine. It’s the mechanics of the chapter. And even the new furniture I find is not that interesting.

The Arcanist seems fun, but for the chapter itself, I am having my doubts.

Khajiit wonders if this trend is not in response to the many folks who say that pve is too easy. Perhaps the chapter is intended to be a bit more group-oriented?
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MMOs are supposed to be easy. This must be changed asap to satisfy my low expectations. /s