Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Forums can no longer be read unless you're logged in?

FluffWit
FluffWit
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Lots of folks on reddit complaining they can no longer read here without an account.

Is this intentional?.... as I type that I immediately thought "surely it cant be intentional, it's literally the only place people can read the patch notes".

So yeah, what's going on?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 7, 2023 2:31PM
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is to prevent people bypassing suspensions on the forums. You can still read even if you're suspended, but I mean... Patch notes are on the forums, so that would be a kind of weird thing to gatekeep.
  • VictorDragonslayer
    VictorDragonslayer
    ✭✭✭
    People who never bothered to create a forum account won't be able to read patch notes and possible solutions for different problems.

@ZOS_Kevin Can you, please, provide additional information on forums being hidden behind registration?
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Might be related to the current problem logging into the game.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all, this is not intentional. We are looking into the issue now.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all, seems like we are close to a solution here. Players should be able to see the forum now without an account. We are working to make sure this fix is stable, but we should be in the clear shortly.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can see forums pages now when not logged in, as it was before.

Thanks for the fix!
    :)
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This bug is back, for me at least. Cannot read the forum without logging in tonight. Why? Who knows.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Phaedrathallassa
    Phaedrathallassa
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm, this bug is back. Had to log in to view the forums, and others without a forum account cannot view at all.
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bug is back.
    I was searching some ESO information with Google. When the links led to the Forum posts, i was demanded to log in.
    In general, this is BAD for the health of the game and new players influx. As search engine robots will stop indexing Forums and ESO shall turn into some conspiracy "closed society" instead of widely accessible MMO. :(
    PC EU
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Had this problem too, just tagging so hopefully someone sees this problem is back....

@ZOS_Bill @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bug is still an issue as of 8pm EST.
  • JuRuu
    JuRuu
    Soul Shriven
    The 🐛is back :'(
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay, still an issue :o
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, we are looking into this at the moment. We'll update once this is resolved.
    Staff Post
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can vouch on this, it is an issue that, "if" intentional, will undoubtedly backfire and no doubt affect the games bottom line.
    "When the human race learns to read the language of symbolism, a great veil will fall from the eyes of men." ~Manly P. Hall
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    I can vouch on this, it is an issue that, "if" intentional, will undoubtedly backfire and no doubt affect the games bottom line.

Just going to follow up on this now, this is not intended. We are working with our forum provider now to get the forum back online for anyone without an account.
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, just to follow up here. We have identified and resolved the issue and the forum should be visible again for those without a forum account. If this issue shows up again, please tag us and we'll investigate.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue. Quite a way to start the day!
    Staff Post
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried on mobile around noontime EST and I could not read without logging in.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @blktauna

The forums without a login should be working now. If you are having issues on mobile, please try clearing the browser cache and cookies.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    72 days between March,3 and May,14
    109 days between May,14 and August,31

@ZOS_Kevin the bug has returned. Hope you are informed.
    PC EU
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    72 days between March,3 and May,14
    109 days between May,14 and August,31

@ZOS_Kevin the bug has returned. Hope you are informed.

Thanks for letting me know. Working on resolving now.
    Staff Post