The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Who to get in touch with for bugged NPC for Quest?

mtabone1986b16_ESO
Sorry for having to post this here, but I have no idea where else to go right now. The submit button in ESO is disabled for Quest Assistance and none of the other technical support options are appropriate.

For the last 24 hours, it has been impossible on the EU server to complete the quest: Champion of the Guardian because a quest NPC (Name: Wyress Shaelle) has been bugged out and can't be interacted with. Apart from submitting a bug report, there is no relevant way to report it ingame and its been over 24 hours, with relogs and all kinds of attempts but the problem is on the server for everyone. No one has been able to interact with that NPC.

Main question: What is the best way to get this sorted as its a bit embarrassing for an MMO this big to have no facility to inform a GM of the issue. Can you please advise?

Details as follows:

Bugged NPC: Wyress Shaelle
Quest: Champion of the Guardians
At least bugged for 24 hours

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Attached is a Screenshot of large numbers of people trying to interact with her but unable to.

n36he2pb3aw5.png
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @mtabone1986b16_ESO

Have you tried going through the quest troubleshooting found here?

If you already have, you can open a ticket with customer support at this link.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • mtabone1986b16_ESO
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @mtabone1986b16_ESO

Have you tried going through the quest troubleshooting found here?

If you already have, you can open a ticket with customer support at this link.

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

I did as the troubleshooting post suggested. Hadn't fixed the problem. Bug is probably server side with the actual game world/NPC itself.

Unfortunately, I felt like there were things I didn't like about my return experience so I've decided to stop playing the game or at least take a break until I see where Elder Scrolls Online is heading. I am sorry to see what happened to your department regarding Microsoft's job cuts.

Appreciate you getting back to me.
    Edited by mtabone1986b16_ESO on January 22, 2023 3:29PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @mtabone1986b16_ESO

Thank you for the update. If you decide to keep playing, you'll want to open a ticket with customer support for help resolving this issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post