The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Solved] ("R" not "E")I want to be able to preview (see object on character) daily rewards.

Redguards_Revenge
Redguards_Revenge
✭✭✭✭
Whether it's a costume, a pet, hairstyle, etc. I want to be able to see it. What is the counter argument as to why this isn't possible that make sense?

If there is a way, tell me so I can be informed.

EDIT: To be clearer, I mean how do I physically see the objects like costume, pet and hairstyle on my character. I thought I was clear enough when I did not include scrolls, boxes or potions. However, I was not.

EDIT: 2. I trained myself not to accidentally hit R since it's the ulti. I kept hitting E because that's how I preview things in the style pages. I should have looked down at the keyboard. Would have realized a long time ago lol.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 31, 2022 7:02PM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's already possible, R is default for pc. Check your right bottom corner for controls.
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By default, it is "R" for PC, "X" for XBOX and "Square" for Playstation users. Check the bottom left & bottom right of the images (taken on PTS).

2ng2c4s30zxy.png

9isa1tejgevc.png
    Edited by Maitsukas on October 16, 2022 10:14AM
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I should have been clearer in what I meant. How do I look at the physical object on my character.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's what we're talking about, or it isn't showing it on your character after hitting the key?
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Works perfectly fine for me - you are doing something wrong OP. More than likely you have a mod that is causing issues with it.
    Edited by Paulytnz on October 16, 2022 12:36PM
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    If you have a hat or head covering of some kind it doesn't show the hairstyle. You need to preview it with no hat.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have a hat or head covering of some kind it doesn't show the hairstyle. You need to preview it with no hat.

I am talking about before I even get the chance to put it on bro..Like DAY ONE. Show me the costumes, hairstyles, etc. ZoS has no way on doing it. I have no hat on I hover over it and click nothing shows.
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paulytnz wrote: »
    Works perfectly fine for me - you are doing something wrong OP. More than likely you have a mod that is causing issues with it.

Ok I don't have the hairstyle unlocked. How do I preview such things like costumes and hairstyles to know when I really want to log in and actually get it.
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok I don't have the hairstyle unlocked. How do I preview such things like costumes and hairstyles to know when I really want to log in and actually get it.

Did you check my post above, it shows what you need to do:

Hover over the item and press "R" to preview it. This also works for regular Crown Store items
    Edited by Maitsukas on October 17, 2022 7:16AM
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »

Hover over the item and press "R" to preview it. This also works for regular Crown Store items

I'm the idiot, I kept hitting "E" subconsciously. Like how it is outfit styles. I trained myself to avoid hitting "R" since it's the ulti and I don't want to blow it accidentally.
    Edited by Redguards_Revenge on October 17, 2022 10:09PM
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »

I learned something new today, as have wondered about this. Thank you very much @Maitsukas
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As the OP has resolved their issue with previewing items on their character, we have decided to close this thread from further comments.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.