The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update 36 Combat Preview

• umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope U36 includes improvements to bolstering darkness to give it better user and group utility.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about some mag sorc buffs

Remove ramping cost on streak
    Major protection on hardened ward

I would like to see these changes or let's have more nightblade buffs as usual
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on September 17, 2022 6:30PM
  • POG4LIFE
    POG4LIFE
    ✭✭
    React wrote: »
    I would like to suggest that all 5 meter range melee abilities receive a 2 meter range buff. Balance wise this does not change anything, but in terms of the quality of combat, this is a massive boon for anyone using these abilities. Since the server based location desync is likely something that is here to stay, this change seems logical as one that would improve the combat experience for many players. The passive on DK should be swapped for something new and equally useful, to avoid having their melee range be TOO long.

As much as I agree people within 5 meters should be able to use their 5 meter abilities, it seems a little counter-intuitive to add an extra 2 meters to the melee within 5 meters because then the abilities would work at 7 meters making it to where you don't really have to be very close for melee abilities.

You also have to take into consideration that this would effect both PvP and PvE which means staves would be even more handicapped because the higher damage of melee would have a higher range which would continue to make staves more obsolete.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    POG4LIFE wrote: »
    React wrote: »
    I would like to suggest that all 5 meter range melee abilities receive a 2 meter range buff. Balance wise this does not change anything, but in terms of the quality of combat, this is a massive boon for anyone using these abilities. Since the server based location desync is likely something that is here to stay, this change seems logical as one that would improve the combat experience for many players. The passive on DK should be swapped for something new and equally useful, to avoid having their melee range be TOO long.

As much as I agree people within 5 meters should be able to use their 5 meter abilities, it seems a little counter-intuitive to add an extra 2 meters to the melee within 5 meters because then the abilities would work at 7 meters making it to where you don't really have to be very close for melee abilities.

You also have to take into consideration that this would effect both PvP and PvE which means staves would be even more handicapped because the higher damage of melee would have a higher range which would continue to make staves more obsolete.

They could add the 2 meters extra to battle spirit.

5 meters is very short, and due to position desync it can get extremely frustrating.
  • xthrshx
    xthrshx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ardriel wrote: »
    Perhaps this is the plan for the future: each class has a weapon type with which it can do the most damage. But that contradicts the ESO maxim, play as you like. Rather, it will be the case that you have to play exactly as ZOS wants you to.
    There will only be one meta build for each class and the diversity will be lost. That’s a shame. ESO used to be such a great game. :(

What diversity? Right now almost every class has the exact same meta. Whether incentivizing weapon types for certain classes is a good idea or bad idea, there’s no debating that it would result in more (“meta”) build diversity than the current state.
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make warden magicka morph of Scorch do ice damage.

PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Shizara
    Shizara
    Soul Shriven
    [*] Skills not firing. Whether this is because of reflexive attempted light-attack weaving or just how choppy the servers seem to be since this update I'm not sure but skills are really bad at firing since this patch.
    - I'll fully own to not being an expert on what may be causing this, but I'm wired LAN with a fairly ok ping (sits around 100 or so most of the time) so I don't think its that.
    Same. I have timers on my bars now bc that's how I really need to keep track of them firing since the patch. It also means I *know* they weren't on cool down before I hit them.

• MetallicMonk
    MetallicMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] Backlash’s final hit will dynamically scale with your highest offensive stats. It will also have a base line of damage that increases based on your damage done to the target, rather than exclusively scaling with Weapon or Spell Damage, and the damage being completely reliant on the target’s damage taken from you.

I hope this does not mean you guys are buffing one of the most overpowered abilities in PvP, that would be very strange.

Currently PL hits extremely hard, it's one of the hardest hitting burst abilities in the game, as well as being completely unblockable and undodgeable. It is also bugged and allows the caster to reach the full damage scaling potential without putting near enough damage in.

If anything I'd consider fixing and nerfing this ability and giving templars back some love on their jabs as jabs was not really an issue with the class.

• nb_rich
    nb_rich
    ✭✭✭
    How come there is nothing about tenplars ? They are extremely weak right bow and identify was stripped when jabs/sweeps was nerfed. Hopefully we don’t have to wait until U37 for this especially with all the posts talking about how bad templars are currently
    nb_rich
  • anvilbert
    anvilbert
    ✭✭✭
    My templars can't poke a wet paper bag right now ,they so weak
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [*] Backlash’s final hit will dynamically scale with your highest offensive stats. It will also have a base line of damage that increases based on your damage done to the target, rather than exclusively scaling with Weapon or Spell Damage, and the damage being completely reliant on the target’s damage taken from you.

I hope this does not mean you guys are buffing one of the most overpowered abilities in PvP, that would be very strange.

Currently PL hits extremely hard, it's one of the hardest hitting burst abilities in the game, as well as being completely unblockable and undodgeable. It is also bugged and allows the caster to reach the full damage scaling potential without putting near enough damage in.

If anything I'd consider fixing and nerfing this ability and giving templars back some love on their jabs as jabs was not really an issue with the class.

If they made it unpurgeable I'd be okay with a small damage nerf.
    That would at least somewhat fix templar stalemates.
  • RitualSmoke
    RitualSmoke
    ✭✭✭
    We were shifting to Medium not for crit dmg but for Weapon/spell dmg modifiers in pvp atleast.
    There is no way crit dmg is going to equal either of the 2 prior stats. take the w/sd off of birds and put it on the passives if you have to do something. Birds is an awkward animation and does not work smooth in gameplay cannot buff it enough to get used imo
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a PvP Magicka Warden I do not want a higher crit dmg passive for Advanced Species.

I would like the 2% spell/weapon damage back, please.

I don’t understand why it was changed in the first place.
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    @Dottzgaming has just released an awesome Youtube vid:

SOLVING ESO'S ACCESSIBILITY PROBLEM

He offers 2 highly practical (IMHO) solutions to Accessiblity of content, especially targeting intermediate level of players.

Several of the points he addresses have, indeed, been brought up in different posts by many others, but I feel he presents the issues here in a calm & clear manner.

He offers definitive, simple to implement solutions to greatly enhance a more progressive learning ladder throughout mid game experience.

Please watch the entire vid, with an open mind, before commenting.

ENJOY!

Cheers,
    keto B)
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Hello!

We've removed some posts from this thread as they violated our rules on baiting and bashing. We understand that everyone has their own opinions they want to express, but we also want the forums to be a constructive platform for ESO and its community.

It's alright to provide feedback or criticism, but please make sure that feedback stays constructive. We ask that you please stick to talking about the game mechanics, and not about ZeniMax employees or your fellow community members. It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or insults. We encourage you to share feedback, suggestion, and requests with us, but we expect all of our community members to refrain from resorting to demands or threats.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

my understanding is that compared to the current version, the new one is an approximate 15-20% dmg nerf

now for pvp though, having the guaranteed burst at the end might make it more useful if you cannot dmg the target much, i feel it would be similar (but weaker) version of haunting curse from sorc
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if they sit at work and actually try some of these suggestions to see if they work? [snip]

[edited for minor bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 11, 2022 7:00PM
  • Melzo
    Melzo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Upgrade the necromancer. Give him the opportunity to use the staff. Why was the mage's skeleton nerfed even though he was already too weak??? Give control on demand.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, u36 seems disappointing. Change my mind.
    Edited by Jabbs_Giggity on December 3, 2022 11:06PM
  • Counter_point
    Counter_point
    ✭✭
    I never post on the forums, but I would like to make my list of suggestions and complaints I've had for a long time:

Add a new class pleaseeee it is embarrassing and unacceptable you guys haven't created a new class in years! Meanwhile other MMOs add at least one or two every year. Take notes from Lost Ark and FFXIV.

Add skills to skill lines that already exist please! Add more morphs maybe?

Change/add rewards to hard mode trials. Add trifectas & rewards & titles for the Craglorn trials. Same with Dragonstar Arena. You guys tend to make stuff and never revise it. Enough body and face markings!!!

Change the rewards for hard mode DLC pledges. Not enough transmutes. Whatever happened to having skins as rewards for the hardest content? Oh I know, you just shove them in the crown store now. The in game rewards are generally very, very dissatisfying and not worth going through the work to get them.

Give us INCENTIVE. Way, way more incentive. Dont' just shove things in the crown store, that's an easy & weak minded method. I've played for a long time and it's SO obvious you have blatantly moved many rewards you could earn in game directly into the crown store. Skins and personalities used to be rewards for dungeon hard modes and other things. Now it's just crown store. Stop doing this so much or make more skins for in game and more skins for crown store. idk. Does that sound like a reasonable compromise? >.>

Stop having NPCs chase and follow you around. Get rid of this completely.

Fix the dungeon finder. Why does it bug out. All the time.

There needs to be a TRIAL FINDER as well. Ppl have been using Craglorn advertising in zone chat for years. Look to FFXIV on how to do this well.

Can you guys fix bugs and modify mechanics of the older dungeons? PLEASE. FFXIV did this recently and it dramatically improved the quality of life in the game.

Add more trials to the game, there is not enough. More than one per year. You guys really need to take notes from other MMOs in this regard. Other games release way more content more often and give things to every kind of player from beginners to the most experience players in the game. You seem to mostly focus on pvp & beginners and give the leftovers to everyone else. Raise your standards and appeal to all types of players. Again, look to Yoshi-P and FFXIV.

Change animations of skills, the nightblade animations look like floppy disk graphics from the 80s and 90s. Revisit other skill animations too.

Load screens are way too long in general.

Focus on fixing the game, focus on better rewards, focus on making new skill lines, improving the skills, making a new class

Stop making so many five piece sets with a 5 piece bonus essay at the bottom. Many of the bonuses seem so... lazy? And a lot of them have "stacks" of something. So many stacks = this. Stop it. More creativity. There's been slight improvement with this, but you could do so much more. Think bigger.

Add more racial passives that are interesting.

Separate pvp and pve more in terms of skill lines. don't have just a pvp and pve morphs to abilities. Again, this is lazy. Don't just modify existing skills every single patch. Like I said earlier, more morphs and options. Or more skills.

Anyway I know you won't do anything I've suggested and most of the things ppl have been complaining and suggesting for years and you guys do absolutely nothing to make the player base happier.

• yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    Please rework necromancer make the skull be as a pet and warden rework the ice skills to winds and make a new ice mage like sorceress please.