The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update 36 Combat Preview

• Brahma_Br
    Brahma_Br
    ✭✭
    Plz, dont nerf and limit wardens more…. (critical cap/ ice staffs and etc…)
    Lost +10% magical dmg will be a huge Magden nerf!!!
    Wanna help frost wardens? Rework ice staff and some Winters skills, like frozen gate.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But the DoT timers? Surely it can't be normal to expect us to barswap every few seconds just to refresh one DoT? That will change, right?

Right?
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Felkara wrote: »
    I play a frost warden and hit pretty good damage with it already, so I am very excited for these changes to make it a more widely viable option.

It shouldn't be the only option though, which is what it looks like it might be, zos have a habit of over tuning things and it forces the meta to shift way too far
  • VixxVexx
    VixxVexx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Gilliam

You don't force Wardens into using a Frost Staff. You make Frost Staff passives more appealing instead. You've got it twisted.

Also buff magsorcs.
  • Trags
    Trags
    ✭✭
    Backlash seems interesting, looking fwd to see what this will actually mean in content :)
    About Jabs tho, it is still as bad to weave and imo the slow animation makes it hard to keep track of the weave because its kinda boring now sadly, also the jab object that templar are holding (Nighthollow Staff) really dont make it either look good (-10%dmg for no fashion) or make it easier to weave..
    With the old jabs the LA should hit when it raised the spear which was working fine ppl just needed to learn it and look into it which is the cool thing about ESO we have something to nerd.. right?
    Keep the change with the shorter duration but give us a chance to get the old spear object back and maybe make the animation faster so the heart dosn't stop beating while waiting for the animation to end.! :p

Occult overload -> yes sir i'll buy it, this set pairred with the other aoe explotion sets is crazy stuff in PvP and no im not trying to ruin it for sombody as i run it myself on onne toon and it makes me smile when it happens but i also see that there is no real fight in it as its like casting a nuke in the midst of battle >>its to easy<< which is to much and removes the fun fight for those i hit "sry in advance" ;)

Advanced Species -> i have to agree with others here, though I loved the penetration in PvP which made warden a nasty beast with Wreaking Blow and Stuhn craft set but for PvE it was broken and not usable with a capped stat.! why change it to another capped stat?
    I understood why you changed it when you made the flat LA dmg change in PTS u35 because the flat dmg LA's could be buffed by % modiffiers so we sould have Wardens with super high LA-dmg but since you changed back that so LA's still scaled with stats just less it didn't give any reason anymore, why not give the warden a sweat weapon/spell dmg buff from having those cute animals on its bar and let "nature" buff the power of the Warden this would also make a little up for the Ice staff stuff that you doing to the frost skill-line on the poor warden as melee warden frost dmg is potentially dead now which is sad imo..!
    Which make me go on to the ice-staff stuff you doing with warden atm I will say it very short - be careful not to try to make ESO be like a JMMORPG don't force us to use specific weapons for different classes this is what makes ESO so versatile since release compared to other MMO's...
    (Warden is not my primary class but i still hate to see it being a sinking ship)

Cheers and may the Divines watch over you <3
  • Goren
    Goren
    ✭✭✭
    Why aren't you implementing a new weapon skill line called "Alteration" and make it do what an ice staff already does and then return ice to a proper damage type?? Honestly what's the reason?

I was thinking of creating a Solo Magicka Warden, carefully planning where I get my 18k penetration from and all that. Can you imagine how frustrating it is to see how your plan gets dismissed each and every update? This has been going on for years and I'm done with it.
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings, everyone!

[*] Advanced Species – a Warden passive – will be adjusted away from Penetration and instead will grant increased Critical Damage, as we’re noticing Light Armor-focused Wardens are down considerably more than their Medium Armor-clad cousins. Piercing Cold will also be moving away from enhancing specific damage types, and will instead enhance overall damage that will further increase when using an Ice Staff; the passive is currently hurting many morph options that are meant to offer damage, as the class has a myriad of damage types that are not being affected by the passive.
    [/list]

As Magicka Warden is something like an Ice Mage - would it not make sense to make Magicka Morph of "Scorch" to do ice damage? It would be common sense friendly, lore friendly, most of Warden passive finally being helpful and Ice Mage Warden could become antipode to Magicka Dragonknight being a Fire Mage.

Thank you!
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Teinar22
    Teinar22
    Soul Shriven
    Why don't you give warden some kind of neutral, non-capped passive like crit chance, weapon and spell damage, or just go back with changes and give him % damage done. As it was said above it was fine for 5 years and you didn't need to change that. Just go with passive that would be neutral and good for magicka as well as stamina wardens. Same goes with ice staff change... I think making certain class use certain types of weapons to deal more damage is strange idea, like winter's revenge was changed to deal 30% increased damage with destruction staff for some reason. Please rethink these changes because I think these are definitely going in wrong direction.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • Advanced Species – a Warden passive – will be adjusted away from Penetration and instead will grant increased Critical Damage, as we’re noticing Light Armor-focused Wardens are down considerably more than their Medium Armor-clad cousins. Piercing Cold will also be moving away from enhancing specific damage types, and will instead enhance overall damage that will further increase when using an Ice Staff; the passive is currently hurting many morph options that are meant to offer damage, as the class has a myriad of damage types that are not being affected by the passive.

ZOS: "Play as you like."

Also ZOS: "Wardens will need to use an Ice staff to take advantage of this ability."

Whats next? DKs need to use fire staves to better take advantage of their flame abilities? Sorcs need to use Lightning staves to take advantage of their shock abilities?

Make it make sense!

Also #WherestheQA

Necromancers using conjuration staves and nightblades using illusion staves ?
  • Iron_Warrior
    Iron_Warrior
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to revisit and rebalance all the abilities that gives the empower because with the sweeping changes that you guys just did with the U35 a lot of these abilities has been nerfed or became completely useless like empowering grasp. I don't know what's the point of a necro healer anymore without this skill
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You have to revisit and rebalance all the abilities that gives the empower because with the sweeping changes that you guys just did with the U35 a lot of these abilities has been nerfed or became completely useless like empowering grasp. I don't know what's the point of a necro healer anymore without this skill

I think it's okay for some abilities to keep empower, but given the fact that the buff now only supports a very narrow subset of playstyles, I also think those skills need a little bit more than empower.
    A lot of skills have become extremely redundant due to the empower changes.
  • Ariordin
    Ariordin
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Gilliam

Can you share any news on the state of Jabs? Will there be any adjustments to the animation for U36 or in the future?
  • prof_doom
    prof_doom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just put Advanced Species back to a damage boost.
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Advanced Species – a Warden passive – will be adjusted away from Penetration and instead will grant increased Critical Damage, as we’re noticing Light Armor-focused Wardens are down considerably more than their Medium Armor-clad cousins. Piercing Cold will also be moving away from enhancing specific damage types, and will instead enhance overall damage that will further increase when using an Ice Staff; the passive is currently hurting many morph options that are meant to offer damage, as the class has a myriad of damage types that are not being affected by the passive.

Whats next? DKs need to use fire staves to better take advantage of their flame abilities? Sorcs need to use Lightning staves to take advantage of their shock abilities?

I'd love it. I WANT reasons to use weapons other than twin daggers, greatswords and inferno staves. Give sorcerer bonuses with lightning staff, templar bonuses when using blunt weapons, nightblade bonuses when using bows. Etc. Give DPS some identity.
  • awesomedave55
    awesomedave55
    ✭✭
    I appreciate the focus on the wardens. I'm not sure Crit damage is the move as I'm offten close to 125% cap. But only testing well tell.
    As far as class identity, or amplifying class damage mechanics go's.
    Forcing frost staves while isn't well received. I personally don't mind Brittleden, as long as I can be as competitive as any other class even if I have to use a tanks weapon.
    I persolly think fluffing the frost damage for mag specs and fluffing the bleed damage for stamina specs gives both resources types a unique flavor.
    But by using frost staves you basically loose the destruction staff passive tri focus. Most dps don't run Tri focus on frost staves as blocking would consume your resource pool. Removing the shield granted by heavy attacks. Making frost staff less and less desired on a dps.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remathilis wrote: »

I'd love it. I WANT reasons to use weapons other than twin daggers, greatswords and inferno staves. Give sorcerer bonuses with lightning staff, templar bonuses when using blunt weapons, nightblade bonuses when using bows. Etc. Give DPS some identity.

They already have this to some degree. Sorcerer gets 5% more shock damage, which could potentially incentivize using a lightning staff, however there are 2 problems:
    - Even with the 5% bonus, Inferno performs better than lightning staff on Sorcerer, it really needs to be at least 10% bonus to shock to make it a legitimate option (maybe even 15 with the state of lightning staff)
    - Sorcerer also gets 5% increase to physical damage, which means daggers, greatsword and bow all remain better than lightning staff

Dragonknight already has a 5% increase to all fire and poison damage, which theoretically should incentivize using an inferno staff. However the destruction staff active and passive skills are so inferior to 2H, DW and even bow that this is not enough. DK also has so many melee skills that there is no downside to being locked into a melee weapon, which even gets +2m extra range. Again, I think the DK passive would need to be +10% fire damage for inferno to be seriously considered.

Warden was previously done well, with a 10% frost damage passive that made ice staff viable without being mandatory. It's a shame to see that removed and replaced with weird relationships between skills and weapon types. I much prefer a system where class passives can buff weapon types, not a system where class active skills only function when you are holding a certain weapon.

Keep in mind, none of this should be mandatory. I'm just asking for it to be within a couple % to allow build options. The performance of builds like Lightning Staff Sorcerer is far worse at the moment.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm sure Zos knows we'll be hammering this home when the actual notes drop but let's just remember how much Crit Damage that Warden already has access to.

Glacial Presence:
    Increase chance of applying Chilled to enemies with Winter's Embrace abilities by 200%. Enemies and allies who have recently been Chilled take 10% more Critical Damage and Healing from you.

Minor Brittle:
    Effect: Increases Critical Damage taken by 10%

Advanced Species:
    Depending on how this shakes out, which I'm guessing it'll be 2% crit damage per slotted skill, will net average setups between 8-10% Crit Damage.

Warden does not need +30% Crit Damage. I really think they should switch this to Crit Chance or go back to straight Damage. Or maybe a mix, 1% Crit Chance and +X wd/sd.

Till next week, when we'll see more and give much more exacting feedback.
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • anvilbert
    anvilbert
    ✭✭✭
    There aren't enough ice sets to warrant tying warden to an ice staff. Why dont you just make monster sets proc ice ,flame or lightning to which ever staff you prefer using. Such as Grothdar , Illambris and so on same with armour weapon sets. then make class damage work the same, what ever you choose thats what abilities work on, just make passive damage dont give any type of damage an advantage over the others. Then all players can play how they choose to play whatever class the choose.
  • anvilbert
    anvilbert
    ✭✭✭
    Further sets like Icy Conjurer, make it just Wraith Conjurer, procs ice, fire or lightning wraith depending on staff. This could be done other games have done it.
  • Jyrus_JD
    Jyrus_JD
    Why not just change piercing cold to increasing Frost and Bleed damage and making all of the Magicka warden skills into dealing Frost damage and changing Sun Assault into dealing bleed damage?
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jyrus_JD wrote: »
    Why not just change piercing cold to increasing Frost and Bleed damage and making all of the Magicka warden skills into dealing Frost damage and changing Sun Assault into dealing bleed damage?

Probably because we specifically asked for that several times.
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give us Jabs back please! If not the animation, at least the damage! It's so embarassing to watch Magplars having to spam Shards in PvE.
  • Klingenlied
    Klingenlied
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden was previously done well, with a 10% frost damage passive that made ice staff viable without being mandatory. It's a shame to see that removed and replaced with weird relationships between skills and weapon types. I much prefer a system where class passives can buff weapon types, not a system where class active skills only function when you are holding a certain weapon.

That is wrong. Frost staff was NOT viable. 10% extra frost damage was for skills. Not the staff! So Warden never was incentivised to use Frost Staff with the Exception being brittle.

In regards to Lightning vs Frost: I think moving away from more then 5% bonus for the weapon ... is getting dangerous. Especially for frost because frost is powerful in PvP. Anyway, there is a massive difference between x% elemental or x% damage with specific weapon.
    Edited by Klingenlied on September 16, 2022 8:20PM
  • maeee
    maeee
    ✭✭✭
    [snip]

Here's to hoping for U37 I guess? I literally cannot find groups for trials on PC-NA at this point due to the mass exodus of endgame players and clearly things aren't going to be improving any time soon.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on September 21, 2022 6:37PM
  • lonnml
    lonnml
    ✭✭✭
    maeee wrote: »
    [snip]

Here's to hoping for U37 I guess? I literally cannot find groups for trials on PC-NA at this point due to the mass exodus of endgame players and clearly things aren't going to be improving any time soon.

Uhh are you logging in at 3am??? Craglorn is still poppin at peak hours on PCNA
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Veesk wrote: »
    Also here to ask if there is any news/word on changes for Jabs/Sweeps, especially reverting the animation?

This is all I wanted to see. I am disappointed as usual.
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • Syndem
    Syndem
    ✭✭✭
    A little history.

There was upon a time a guy who started playing ESO in 2019 like a casual player. At the beginning was fun for him to be chasing new sets and making new combinations every 3 or so months, but after a while was too much, then he decided to focus in 2 classes to try to play them good enough to do Vet trials, Sorcerer and Templar, he was happy and progressing, then came U35.

The End.
  • Ardriel
    Ardriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps this is the plan for the future: each class has a weapon type with which it can do the most damage. But that contradicts the ESO maxim, play as you like. Rather, it will be the case that you have to play exactly as ZOS wants you to.
    There will only be one meta build for each class and the diversity will be lost. That’s a shame. ESO used to be such a great game. :(
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    lonnml wrote: »
    maeee wrote: »
    [snip]

Uhh are you logging in at 3am??? Craglorn is still poppin at peak hours on PCNA

So are several other zones as well. At peak hours, I see Blackwood, Grahtwood and Deshann have ppl forming and asking for trials.
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    Syndem wrote: »
    A little history.

There was upon a time a guy who started playing ESO in 2019 like a casual player. At the beginning was fun for him to be chasing new sets and making new combinations every 3 or so months, but after a while was too much, then he decided to focus in 2 classes to try to play them good enough to do Vet trials, Sorcerer and Templar, he was happy and progressing, then came U35.

The End.

I found some of these, might be helpful!

Magplar:

The Red Sofa ESO Magicka Templar 126K-128K+ Lost Depths Patch (3x Unique Setups, Short Guide In Description):
    https://youtu.be/YSn5d84uuQQ

Charles Magicka Templar - 128k+ DPS PvE Build for ESO - Lost Depths:
    https://youtu.be/qKSzDI2YItg

MagSorc:

HacktheMinotaur / Luca Cash ESO - Magicka Sorcerer PVE Build (136k+) - Lost Depths:
    https://youtu.be/Rdk3DORk5LM

Inquisitor Mordrak Lost Depths. Sorcerer 127k dps. 5 pets?! All information in the description:
    https://youtu.be/2shmGXE_e3c

StamSorc:

HacktheMinotaur / Luca Cash ESO - Stamina Sorcerer PVE Build (127k+) - Lost Depths:
    https://youtu.be/iYBodkccZbg

Charles/ Eigh1 Puppies 138K ESO Stam Sorc Build High Isle | Comprehensive Guide for PvE:
    https://youtu.be/v0RD_PxIwzY

Cheers,
    keto B)
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay