The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Unacceptable Damage

• ltzVapez
    ltzVapez
    Soul Shriven
    ltzVapez wrote: »
    I mean I have used many different builds on a nightblade, I used to be pretty good on a teather bomber. It is all down to the playstyle and I don't specifically target anyone, although if people are running less than 35k health I can hit them pretty hard out of stealth yet that being said there are times where I cannot and if I don't get the kill then there is a very good chance that I will probably die.

I have seen people using stealth DK heavy attack builds hitting for around 24k which almost one shot me with 1 skill so I don't really feel guilty about running the build how it is at the minute and if it has warranted this forum post then I must be doing something right

See you on the battlefield.

So did you crouch or did you just run up while invisible? We must settle this minor debate to see it bengal could have reacted or not. Either way I still think it was lag since he has stated it all landed in 1 second which mechanically is impossible outside of doo doo servers.

So I would have probably been crouching and in stealth. I honestly can’t remember the exact rotation of this specific kill unfortunately (there was a lot during Midyear).

Annoyingly I didn’t know this kill would have started this thread, in hind sight, maybe I should be clipping more kills.

I would say that lag was a factor, there have been times even I have been surprised how quickly people have died. I have used medium attack, incap, 1 x Concealed weapon and they have all hit at once, this could be super op, but could also have been aided by laggy servers.

New update 35 has dropped and I still hit hard, but not as hard as before. Working on new builds currently…😊
    Options
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean I have used many different builds on a nightblade, I used to be pretty good on a teather bomber. It is all down to the playstyle and I don't specifically target anyone, although if people are running less than 35k health I can hit them pretty hard out of stealth yet that being said there are times where I cannot and if I don't get the kill then there is a very good chance that I will probably die.

I have seen people using stealth DK heavy attack builds hitting for around 24k which almost one shot me with 1 skill so I don't really feel guilty about running the build how it is at the minute and if it has warranted this forum post then I must be doing something right

So did you crouch or did you just run up while invisible? We must settle this minor debate to see it bengal could have reacted or not. Either way I still think it was lag since he has stated it all landed in 1 second which mechanically is impossible outside of doo doo servers.

So I would have probably been crouching and in stealth. I honestly can’t remember the exact rotation of this specific kill unfortunately (there was a lot during Midyear).

Annoyingly I didn’t know this kill would have started this thread, in hind sight, maybe I should be clipping more kills.

I would say that lag was a factor, there have been times even I have been surprised how quickly people have died. I have used medium attack, incap, 1 x Concealed weapon and they have all hit at once, this could be super op, but could also have been aided by laggy servers.

New update 35 has dropped and I still hit hard, but not as hard as before. Working on new builds currently…😊

You got me good. Normally I don't die with swift and pariah on but given that maybe my set didn't work because the character I was on tends to have technical issues constantly where things just don't work for him. For instance, there are days where my Puncture Sweep won't work even on Overland content or when I try to use my ultimate the game laughs at me and says try again 100x or so. I dont' see these issues on my other character just my main. Than again my main character was from a time where the game first came to PSN in 2015 vs my other characters all being created around 2019 or so.

Options
  • ArgonianAustin
    ArgonianAustin
    ✭✭✭

You got me good. Normally I don't die with swift and pariah on but given that maybe my set didn't work because the character I was on tends to have technical issues constantly where things just don't work for him. For instance, there are days where my Puncture Sweep won't work even on Overland content or when I try to use my ultimate the game laughs at me and says try again 100x or so. I dont' see these issues on my other character just my main. Than again my main character was from a time where the game first came to PSN in 2015 vs my other characters all being created around 2019 or so.

Kinda a funny way to think of it, old characters might be buggier, my templar was made day 1 console and i havent seen any bugs on him. But i did experience sets just straight up not working on my warden awhile ago.
    Just a Lizard Man that plays ESO with my twin brother khajiit_kyle
    Options
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

After review of this thread, we have removed a few posts that were Bashing in nature. We understand everyone has thoughts and opinions they would like to express, and that disagreements are bound to occur in any discussion. However, Bashing or calling out specific people to insult is NEVER acceptable on the ESO Forums and is against the Forum's Community Rules as well.
    Bashing and Slanderous Comments: We do not permit the bashing of individuals (including ZeniMax employees), groups, or other companies on our forums. We believe that doing so is neither constructive nor in spirit of our game and community.
    Moving forward, please remember to keep discussion respectful and on topic.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When your staff is ridiculously biased towards one particular class and play-style, let’s say, because one of them played a certain class on YouTube - it is natural for the community to comment on it.

Perhaps we have a ridiculous and unrealistic expectation of change, but there’s only one class capable of hitting 28K+ in a second or two. It’s game breaking, and it’s only fun for the person playing the ONE alpha class that gets stronger every patch except maybe U35.
    Edited by Minalan on September 16, 2022 6:23PM
    Options
  • DU5T__ST0RM
    DU5T__ST0RM
    ✭✭
    c7d24lka13ek.jpg

Options
  • DU5T__ST0RM
    DU5T__ST0RM
    ✭✭
    That was with me having 27k resistance and dueling a friend. With continuous he could've hit harder. NB has the best non ult burst in the game.
    Options
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That was with me having 27k resistance and dueling a friend. With continuous he could've hit harder. NB has the best non ult burst in the game.

Spammable hits harder than most classes' delayed burst skills.

Bow proc is twice as powerful as other classes' delayed burst skills.

And just for giggles they gave nightblades a complete heal, not impacted by battlespirit. (Granted I'm not sure how usable it is in the real world)

Bias much Devs?

Edited by katorga on September 16, 2022 11:33PM
    Options
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

And just for giggles they gave nightblades a complete heal, not impacted by battlespirit. (Granted I'm not sure how usable it is in the real world)

Bias much Devs?

Their spammable hits better than most ultimates! To think they were going to make it even stronger before everyone called em out on it!
    Options
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bias much Devs?

It's just when they hired a certain youtube star, ridiculous nb buffs have become a pattern since then.
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on September 17, 2022 10:25PM
    Options
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭

What are you talking about?
    Options
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightblade has the highest damaging potential indeed. But the problem is how janky nightblade kit is still. Cast times on every class ultimates makes it hard to actually ult people. I go to use incap/soul harvest and because of slow cast time if they move a little out of range, it just cancels.

Soul harvest/soul siphon can be cancelled out by being cc'ed during the cast time it has. Been times I fight a DK and I get shattering rocked out of my soul tether ultimate.

Ambush/Lotus fan fails 50% of the time because of the cast time. Not even sure why a gap closer needs a cast time, makes it really bad to use for damage.

Relentless focus/merciless resolve travel time is such a janky projectile, there are times where this ability doesn't hit even if the target isn't dodging or anything. The damage just doesn't register or because it's so slow it can never connect, especially at range.

Now with no more stun on surprise/concealed weapon it makes class toolkit way slower when fighting players to actually be able to kill anyone because you now need to add in a medium weave to stun people on top of the already janky rotation of abilities I mentioned earlier.

I believe nightblade can forgo a lot of the damage they have in exchange for a rework of some of the skills to actually make it more fluid. Though we have more damage than most classes, there's no fluidity because of how jank the toolkit is. Instead of making it more fluid, zos just thinks "give them more damage" lol
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
    Options
  • CharlieFreak
    CharlieFreak
    ✭✭✭
    It never ends. Always have to build around nightblades to a certain extent in this game. In the past couple weeks I've been killed dozens of times with Assassin's Will / InCap combos that leave no room for counterplay. 15-25k Assassin's Will is typical of the damage. That's absurd.

How is it reasonable that this one skill does around double the damage as most Ultimates in certain setups.
    Options
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One person says its janky and impossible to land another person says its unavoidable with no counterplay.

I feel like lag, and also just getting ganked out of the blue, makes it feel like no counterplay. But I tend to side with the other person. There's really no excuse for there to be a cast time on incap AND a minimum travel time on merciless, since these are ideally chained together for kills.
    Options
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    One person says its janky and impossible to land another person says its unavoidable with no counterplay.

I feel like lag, and also just getting ganked out of the blue, makes it feel like no counterplay. But I tend to side with the other person. There's really no excuse for there to be a cast time on incap AND a minimum travel time on merciless, since these are ideally chained together for kills.

I personally feel like the problem nightblade has is the fluidity of combat and not so much damage. I'd give up damage in order to get that fluidity, the combat not flowing well because of the limitations of cast/travel times make it very slow for an assassin playstyle. Even as a non-ganker its really bad to play with at times, but I've hit some really high damage before. Even before buffs I would get 20k bow combos.

d7a1454ae2be9b05a09af06f541f597c.jpg

Damage isn't the problem, it's the fluidity of executing that damage that is a problem for the class. If they fixed that and maybe reverted some of the damage sources I think nightblade would be mostly perfect
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
    Options
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remember people that the reason nbs tend to hit hard is because we build for pure damage. The increase in damage on certain attacks is very likely because many switched from caluurions to stat sets. Assassin's will hits just as hard as it did last patch.

You all finally got exactly what you wanted when you complained about nbs being carried by caluurions. Turns out you were wrong and instead of admitting this, you double down on NB OP. Now we have adapted and are killing you anyways. Truly tragic that during the biggest tank meta in history, we still find time to complain about nb damage. Humble yourselves and ask the pros how to better your builds instead of trying to weasel your way out of responsibility. For every person getting hit for 20k by an incap or assassin's will their is a build that only takes 10k damage(and still hits harder then yours). The solution to nb burst is something you already can achieve without getting the devs involved.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait till you see what “The Rogue” gave his little nightblade murderers next patch.

Medium Chest – Faun’s Lark Cladding
    If you continuously Sprint for 1 second, you gain the ability to pass through enemies. Enemies you pass through become Charmed for 4 seconds, removing their ability to attack or cast abilities as they move toward you. Charming an enemy this way restores 678 Stamina and Magicka to you and heals you for 678 Health. Charming an enemy removes you from Stealth.

Four seconds of no abilities, no cooldown. RIP everyone who isn’t a gank blade.
    Options
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Wait till you see what “The Rogue” gave his little nightblade murderers next patch.

If you continuously Sprint for 1 second, you gain the ability to pass through enemies. Enemies you pass through become Charmed for 4 seconds, removing their ability to attack or cast abilities as they move toward you. Charming an enemy this way restores 678 Stamina and Magicka to you and heals you for 678 Health. Charming an enemy removes you from Stealth.

What the [snip]? xD

[Edited for Censor Bypass]
    Edited by Psiion on September 24, 2022 8:26PM
    EU | PC
    Options
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"removing their ability to attack or cast abilities as they move toward you."

Seems like an important detail? This set seems designed to prevent people from chasing you or going on the offense on you. More tools for those who want to play ring around the rosey in towers, which is mostly dks/wardens. Can only be countered by stopping movement towards the user.... great. Sounds really enjoyable. Forced to literally stand still and used ranged attacks for damage, which they will just los. [snip] ZOS, please no.

Not going to say its useless for a gank build, but we can already use cloak to avoid damage so its a bit redundant. Doesn't help with killing people because they can still heal/block as long as they don't move towards us.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 4, 2022 12:23PM

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

What the [snip]? xD

[Edited for Censor Bypass]

Another day in Gilliam’s Nightblade Simulator game?
    Edited by Psiion on September 24, 2022 8:26PM
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Seems like an important detail? This set seems designed to prevent people from chasing you or going on the offense on you. More tools for those who want to play ring around the rosey in towers, which is mostly dks/wardens. Can only be countered by stopping movement towards the user.... great. Sounds really enjoyable. Forced to literally stand still and used ranged attacks for damage, which they will just los. [snip] ZOS, please no.

Not going to say its useless for a gank build, but we can already use cloak to avoid damage so its a bit redundant. Doesn't help with killing people because they can still heal/block as long as they don't move towards us.

It does help with evasion. The one class you can't kill without a detect pot or slotted detect skill just got a mythic where you can't even follow to fight back regardless.

I'm just pointing out the dev bias, it must be nice playing nightblade. Heaven knows I would if I liked the play style.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 4, 2022 12:23PM
    Options
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does help with evasion. The one class you can't kill without a detect pot or slotted detect skill just got a mythic where you can't even follow to fight back regardless.

I'm just pointing out the dev bias, it must be nice playing nightblade. Heaven knows I would if I liked the play style.

Well after doing some research it turns out you can literally just break free from the effect like any other cc. You will be fine, in fact we will probably all be fine as long as they don't screw this up before the patch releases.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 4, 2022 12:24PM

Options
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @xDeusEJRx Oh I agree with you. I think we disagreed about this topic 2 or 3 months ago but I have since seen the truth to your argument. I was dueling a friend of mine who is better than me... I was on a brawler magblade, a build I did very well on, and he would stun me right in the middle of my incap EVERY time. Its only because he's a friend that I didn't get toxic [snip]. He explained to me that he could hear my assassins will hit max stacks and he knew I'd be incapping soon. So... Either remove the damn sound (is it so weird for an assassin to have a silent ability,) remove the minimum travel time, or remove the cast time on incap.

Now going around brawling picking on unsuspecting people from stealth is a bit easier... But personally I've hated the invisible rogue archetype in every mmo I've ever played. So that doesn't interest me one bit.

@xxslam48xxb14_ESO I think maybe you're downplaying things just a bit. What happens in pro -v- pro duels is one thing... What happens 99% of the time in cyrodiil is another. The entire game shouldn't be balanced around the best of the best it should be balanced around the norm. Acting like classes roaming around invisible and doing uber damage without warning isn't a problem at all is... Laughable. You say nb damage went up because they replaced caluurions with stat sets... I mean that's just wrong and if you thought about it you'd know that. Even nbs were complaining about feeling forced to run caluurions or they were trash. Which means caluurions did more damage than stat sets. The increase in damage is obviously because of the buffs they received. And nbs ganking has always been a problem and always will be because frankly going invisible is a stupid mechanic in a fighting game and only included because of role play enthusiasts but widely abused by decent to good players who would probably be less cocky if they tried maining a spec other people could actually see coming. Let's be real.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 4, 2022 12:24PM
    Options
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @xxslam48xxb14_ESO I think maybe you're downplaying things just a bit. What happens in pro -v- pro duels is one thing... What happens 99% of the time in cyrodiil is another. The entire game shouldn't be balanced around the best of the best it should be balanced around the norm. Acting like classes roaming around invisible and doing uber damage without warning isn't a problem at all is... Laughable. You say nb damage went up because they replaced caluurions with stat sets... I mean that's just wrong and if you thought about it you'd know that. Even nbs were complaining about feeling forced to run caluurions or they were trash. Which means caluurions did more damage than stat sets. The increase in damage is obviously because of the buffs they received. And nbs ganking has always been a problem and always will be because frankly going invisible is a stupid mechanic in a fighting game and only included because of role play enthusiasts but widely abused by decent to good players who would probably be less cocky if they tried maining a spec other people could actually see coming. Let's be real.

I am just saying how it is, not trying to down play anything. Only thing that could be boosting those big numbers on assassin's will from update 35 would be concealed weapon. However the big numbers shown in this very thread were done without that morph. You are right that our total burst combo was higher with caluurions, but with stat sets obviously we will see bigger numbers from skills. I myself went from caluurions to orders wrath. Overall less burst(because no massive 10k proc), but my incap, surprise attack, and assassin's will all hit harder then with caluurions. You get what I am saying?

You can dislike invisible enemies in pvp, thats fine. I think you just need to be open to other skill sets and play styles. Many ways someone could out play you in pvp, not just direct 1v1 combat. Us nbs can respect a good direct 1v1 fight, so I think you should learn to respect that nb who sneaks into your keep and wipes the defenders off the wall. Its not as easy as we make it look. Seen many good players try out nb this patch, players that I would normally have to approach with caution. In my domain though, creeping in the dark, its like taking candy from a baby. They just are completely lacking experience in stealth skills.

Its a bit like that scene in The dark knight rises, "Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING!
    The shadows betray you, because they belong to me!
    "

Options
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am just saying how it is, not trying to down play anything. Only thing that could be boosting those big numbers on assassin's will from update 35 would be concealed weapon. However the big numbers shown in this very thread were done without that morph. You are right that our total burst combo was higher with caluurions, but with stat sets obviously we will see bigger numbers from skills. I myself went from caluurions to orders wrath. Overall less burst(because no massive 10k proc), but my incap, surprise attack, and assassin's will all hit harder then with caluurions. You get what I am saying?

You can dislike invisible enemies in pvp, thats fine. I think you just need to be open to other skill sets and play styles. Many ways someone could out play you in pvp, not just direct 1v1 combat. Us nbs can respect a good direct 1v1 fight, so I think you should learn to respect that nb who sneaks into your keep and wipes the defenders off the wall. Its not as easy as we make it look. Seen many good players try out nb this patch, players that I would normally have to approach with caution. In my domain though, creeping in the dark, its like taking candy from a baby. They just are completely lacking experience in stealth skills.

Its a bit like that scene in The dark knight rises, "Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING!
    "

It sure is easier than any other class trying to manage similar fit. NB is literally the best kiting class that also happens to be the highest burst damage class and one of the best burst heal class abilities in the game basically, how can you not manage better with such class once you get familiarized with the class?
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on October 4, 2022 11:06AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
    Options
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"

It sure is easier than any other class trying to manage similar fit. NB is literally the best kiting class that also happens to be the highest burst damage class and one of the best burst heal class abilities in the game basically, how can you not manage better with such class once you get familiarized with the class?

I think because they are used to being extremely tanky so when then switch over to try out nb it messes them up hard. Experienced night blades got to react extremely fast when exposed or detected. Can't rely nearly as much on passive defense, its almost exclusively active defense. So when I pop a detect potion to chase them out of the shadows it takes them way too long react to the detected notification.

Options
  • TheS1X
    TheS1X
    ✭✭✭
    NBs still suck compared with classes that roam the Tamriel's PvP grounds mostly. If you do some BGs, then u see what is really going on.
    Saw templar on BG today who had 0 deaths and most kills, he was putting out 3x more damage I could, he's sustain was better than mine, he was too tanky and healed like crazy, so yeah, impossible to kill.

My point is - All this buffing, nerfing, buffing and nerfing is closed circle like ESO's logo.
    There will always be some players who somehow figure out some godbuild and abuse it.

Come back after 5 years and you still see how people talk about how some class is OP etc..

But sure, if NB gets you off guard and he lands perfect combo on you while you're swiping in tinder, then you are dead.

Edited by TheS1X on October 5, 2022 6:55PM
    Options
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheS1X wrote: »
    NBs still suck compared with classes that roam the Tamriel's PvP grounds mostly. If you do some BGs, then u see what is really going on.
    Saw templar on BG today who had 0 deaths and most kills, he was putting out 3x more damage I could, he's sustain was better than mine, he was too tanky and healed like crazy, so yeah, impossible to kill.

My point is - All this buffing, nerfing, buffing and nerfing is closed circle like ESO's logo.
    There will always be some players who somehow figure out some godbuild and abuse it.

Come back after 5 years and you still see how people talk about how some class is OP etc..

But sure, if NB gets you off guard and he lands perfect combo on you while you're swiping in tinder, then you are dead.

Templars can still do high damage from their finisher and other moves. Update 35 simply made it so that templar primary MELEE ability does less damage than their RANGE ability. I can do more damage with the Jesus beam than I can with Biting Jabs/Puncture Sweep. Devs really screwed up Templar melee prowess.

I have a feeling we will see a massive adjustment to whip overall damage in update 37/38 for DK's. Same with Warden, we may see further tweaks to abilities overall damage.

Devs simply need to create a baseline parameters for abilities based on range, direct vs DoT, and single vs. multiple targets, cast time/channeling/instant, etc.

For instance:
    Abilities with a range under 12 meter does 15% more damage than abilities with a range greater than 12m.
    DoT ability does 25% more overall damage over 10 seconds than a direct damage ability.
    Single target ability does 25% more damage than a multiple target/AoE ability.
    Abilities with a cast time or channeling will receive a damage bonus to account for its longer time to execute
    Abilities with added benefits like stun, healing, debuffing, or buffing result in a 10% less overall damage.

Using base parameters like this would make it easier to adjust all abilities in the game. Than the devs could go back to each class specific passive and adjust them as needed for balancing.

The problem is to do this would impact all abilities. I'm sure they have something like this and adjustments occur because players find way to abuse an ability that might be a bit better because of one thing or another. And over time more and more things and tweaked that results code being customized for each ability and the ability damage is far from damage parameters that were originally set.

IMO they need to go back to square one and create parameters and adjust all abilities using the new parameter. Than after some testing is completed make adjustments only as needed.
    Options
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO suffers from the same thing most MMO’s do over time. Cries about balance lead to everyone doing the same thing with a slightly different animation. The game was developed around a rock-paper-scissors gameplay. NBs SHOULD be able to gank your face off, templars should be able to survive with heals, DKs should be able to have massive DoTs, and sorcs should have great utility and maneuverability. Now everyone’s DoTs should be the same, everyone’s heals should be the same, everyone’s gank should be the same, maneuverability should be adjusted so you can’t easily get around the battle field, etc etc etc

Great for the Devs making backlash hit the same as the new scortch. But now why play one over the other? Great, minor sorcery works with my stamplar, but then why not play a DK for minor brutality? I’ll wager, like nearly every MMO that died before it, eso will be nothing but different animations for the same thing. “Play how you want” sounds good on paper, but so does communism, or whatever other analogy you prefer…
    Options
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I 1v1’d an obnoxious nb ganker in a bg today who typifies the play style that gives other nbs a bad rap.

Chaosball, he’s hanging way back from the action on a cliff, waiting for players who are brawling over the ball to get low enough on health so that he can finish them off from 35m away.

End of the match he had by far the lowest score (350 or so) and also by far the best kill/death ratio.

I took time away from the ball to kill him 1v1 on my wussy MagDen. Nb bow gankers are… special.
    Options