The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

WhiteStrake's Mayhem Feedback

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
Hi Everyone,

Now that WhiteStrake's Mayhem has wrapped up, we'd like to get some of your feedback on the event. Feel free to let us know what you enjoyed about the event and what could be improved for next time. We'll be sharing this thread with the events team for their future consideration. And as always, please keep the community guidelines in mind when replying. Thanks, everyone!
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on April 5, 2022 2:30PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This event is always fun. I had a lot of good fights and ranked up a character from AR 29 to 37. Good times.

The lag was an issue in prime time Cyrodiil. No surprises there.

Some of the campaigns on Xbox are used to farm ap trains around a single keep. Not great and the impression is that no one at ZOS cares so this will keep being a thing.

The worst thing about the event this year was the drop rates in the style pages and body markings was extremely low. For all the millions of ap I earned, I only received 1runebox. I farmed a ton of bosses in IC and earned maybe 4 of the pages. This is too much of a grind and takes away from the fun parts of the event. Some calibration is needed here.
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fun event, spent most of the time in Cyrodiil with every char getting to level 3 rewards tier for the end of campaign rewards. Had a few issues with crashes there, particularly in the first week, with much better performance this past weekend

Echoing the painfully low drop rate on style pages and body markings. In fact, the drop rate was non-existent for me. I had tons of boxes from ROTW and didn't even sniff a drop for one of these.
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    I gained lots of AP, including IC bosses, had lots of fun, and had NO rune boxes, style pages, or body markings at all.
    Edited by GlassHalfFull on March 1, 2022 3:29PM
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • VarisVaris
    VarisVaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The event itself is fun for PvPers but only because PvP is actually populated.
    The means of earning tickets doesn't have much to do with PvP tho, especially in IC you're far better off just doing PvE to get your tickets and in cyro there is no dedicated PvP reward for actually pvping which is kinda backwards for a PvP event (double ap is nice but I can earn AP all year long)

Now the two elephants in the room:
    Performance this year was rough, ofc not as bad normally but still pretty bad, this was negatively influenced by certain sets (dark convergence)

Even worse however is the current PvP balance that is about to become even worse with U33, this whole event was plagued by people stacking radiating regen in groups to achieve absurd amounts of passive healing which makes ball groups immortal and promotes a very unfun experience in PvP where you can only achieve kills by dropping multiple ults at the same time combined with harmony (which is op as well) and hoping that the opponent dies otherwise you'll be stuck in a long downtime where nothing happens until you have charged your ult again.

Also class balance this patch was bad magplar, magnecro and magdk are completely dominant and there is little to no point fighting either of those specs unless you play one of them as well, in case of magplars there is no point at fighting them at all, if they manage to find their living darkness button they can't die.

I've written a whole post describing the most blatant balance issues in PvP currently and with the next patch. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/597180/biggest-pvp-balance-issues-on-live-and-pts-that-need-to-be-addressed#latest

As a summary, PvP lives from 2 things players and playability.
    During an event we have the players but in the current patch we lack the playability (both performance and balance wise) and this heavily reduced the enjoyment of this event.

Edited by VarisVaris on March 2, 2022 9:33AM
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fun event, spent most of the time in Cyrodiil with every char getting to level 3 rewards tier for the end of campaign rewards. Had a few issues with crashes there, particularly in the first week, with much better performance this past weekend

Echoing the painfully low drop rate on style pages and body markings. In fact, the drop rate was non-existent for me. I had tons of boxes from ROTW and didn't even sniff a drop for one of these.

Same here. Didn't see a single runebox, and I opened hundreds upon hundreds of boxes. RotW kept producing them at a steady rate so I thought it would be piece of cake even with my notoriously complicated relationship with RNG. Was I wrong.

Boss drops I'd say par for the course. I did kill each wandering thing at least once. I want to say at least twice but once is the only thing I can be sure about because the achievement keeps track of that for you. I got two pages for the motif current to the event and one legion zero.

That I'd say is pretty much how my RNG usually goes. Not great, not terrible, just always leaving a lot of room for improvement.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note: I'm a PVPer. I appreciate that ZOS made it crystal clear that Mayhem is a PVP event celebrating all forms of PVP so that all the ticket activities were PVP activities!

That being said, I have some critical feedback.

Lack of a Below 50 Imperial City Campaign: Below 50 players can compete against fellow Below 50 players for 2/3 Event tickets in Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds. However, Imperial City was NOT given a Below 50 option, and so Below 50 players had to compete vs players with CP 160 gear in the campaigns available for 1/3 tickets This is unfair. (I saw at least one player with this problem. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/599049/under-50-in-imperial-city)

Cyrodiil Town Quest Buildings: There are some quest-related buildings that require players to transition through a door, leaving them vulnerable to ground based AOEs as they transition. In the past, ZOS addressed this problem in Cyrodiil by taking the doors of the resource towers and in Imperial City by making the interior of quest buildings a safe zone.

Imperial City Daily Quest Loading: In order to pick up an Imperial City Daily Quest, we have to load into the District from the Sewers. If we want to be efficient and pick up multiple dailies at once, we have to load into a district, load into the sewers, load into a district, load into the sewers, load into a district, load into the sewers, load into a district, load into the sewers...and you get the picture. Loading, loading, loading. It would be an enormous Quality of Life change to get a Daily Quest Board in the Sewers where we can pick up ALL 6 dailies at one time, then head out into the Districts to do the quests. Basically just like we do now, but without the extra loading, loading, loading, loading ad nauseum. (Again, not a new request.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/598556/please-add-ic-quest-pickup-board-in-the-starting-area
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/585089/please-move-ic-quest-givers-to-bottom-of-ladder-or-make-quest-board/p1)

Split Event Tickets: During Midyear Mayhem Jan/Feb 2022, we got ALL 3 Event Tickets from any PVP activity. They were not split between Cyrodiil/BGs + Imperial City, thus allow players to choose their preferred activity and reducing the need for players to queue for two different zones. Is this something the Devs would consider going back to?
    Edited by VaranisArano on March 1, 2022 5:37PM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drop rates for the motifs and particularly the runeboxes seemed very low. I was in both cyrodiil and IC every day, killed many IC bosses and I got 1 black drakes piece and 2 legion zero (no runeboxes). Often you see guild banks filled with the stuff, but instead I see pieces selling for 40k +

Personally much prefer Cyrodiil to IC as a confirmed 'Carebear/Potato' playing PVE against farms etc or joining in a bit of siege.
    Soupy twist
  • Ipsius
    Ipsius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Performance in cyrodiil was utterly abysmal and a source of constant frustration.

I would have loved to enjoy the active fights, but when I have to press a skill button 15 times before anything "might" happen, or I'm magically instantly dead, I quickly lose the desire to play.

Especially frustrating when heals, skill combos, etc. usually require precise timing, so ANY build suffered EXCEPT aoe ball group builds, which were already dominant. Not fun.

Imperial City performance was mostly good and very enjoyable.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I PvP a good bit more than the average player, but not enough to be really good at it. From that perspective, the event was easy to farm and enjoyable for the most part. My approach: Look at the campaigns, load into a campaign where your faction dominates or holds the right town, get tickets and move on.

I ran lowbie characters with a fair number of zergs in IC and got quite a few style pages. So, I didn't feel the drop rates were bad... so long as one LFG'd into an IC group of 10+ and did significant damage to the bosses. I didn't get a single drop from Cyrodiil or battlegrounds - that seems off.

When not in a group, the event just wasn't fun. Cyrodiil was Cyrodiil, same as always with minimally better rewards. BGs were BGs. Queue for random non-death match, get placed in death match. Receive minimally better rewards. IC solo was sneak about, find a boss you can tackle, get it to 25% health, get ganked, rinse and repeat. Go to Molag Baal, kill him, get ganked, have loot despawn before you can get back. Or, alternatively, kill the ganker, collect 0 tel var, because they aren't carrying any, and move on.

On the plus side, BGs are fun, and this event brought more people into them. Cyrodiil is fun and there were more people and more campaigns.

On the negative side, IC appeals to a small subset of the player base, and it seems odd that the best rewards were placed there.

One unrelated observation: PvP in this game is thoroughly unbalanced and heavily favors those who have spent time learning to take best advantage of this. It seems that is intentional. After countless times watching a bomber or perhaps an unkillable spec wipe 90 percent of a zerg, followed by half the group dropping, you realize that the average player wants half a chance when tackling an experienced player at 5 to one odds. But, even at 5 to 1, it's a foregone conclusion. So, it should be no surprise that an event like this steers most people further from PvP.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    The worst thing about the event this year was the drop rates in the style pages and body markings was extremely low. For all the millions of ap I earned, I only received 1runebox. I farmed a ton of bosses in IC and earned maybe 4 of the pages. This is too much of a grind and takes away from the fun parts of the event. Some calibration is needed here.

Second (or I guess third or fourth now) this. Not counting a few forays on alts to pick up tickets and grind for end-of-campaign rewards, I went from Tribune (Grade 2) to Prefect (Grade 1) this Mayhem on my main and got exactly zero Black Drake Marking boxes. Lots of siege that didn’t stack though. :p
    Imperial City Daily Quest Loading: In order to pick up an Imperial City Daily Quest, we have to load into the District from the Sewers. If we want to be efficient and pick up multiple dailies at once, we have to load into a district, load into the sewers, load into a district, load into the sewers, load into a district, load into the sewers, load into a district, load into the sewers...and you get the picture. Loading, loading, loading. It would be an enormous Qaulity of Life change to get a Daily Quest Board in the Sewers where we can pick up ALL 6 dailies at one time, then head out into the Districts to do the quests. Basically just like we do now, but without the extra loading, loading, loading, loading ad nauseum. (Again, not a new request.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/598556/please-add-ic-quest-pickup-board-in-the-starting-area
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/585089/please-move-ic-quest-givers-to-bottom-of-ladder-or-make-quest-board/p1)

Second all of this! I tried to share quests to cut down on some of the loading pain for groupmates but it really shouldn’t be necessary.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fun event for someone not really into PvP.

The IC dailies required for the event ticket every day could be done prior to the event starting. Which I did, and that worked out well for me. Anytime I don't have to feed the gankers during an event, I'm happy.

The less crowded Cyrodiil campaigns turned out to be decent places to farm event boxes and PvP armor/weapons/jewelry by doing town quests.

I did not get any of the Black Drake body and face markings, although I earned Hand of the Whitestrake on several alts by acquiring 25 or more boxes on each. So I think the drop rate for Black Drake body and face markings in the boxes was too low.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1). The items from the Pelinal boxes were incredibly dull. It took all the fun out of turning in a quest or getting Rewards of the Worthy. With most events, there is a sense of excitement from getting an event box. You won't get something cool from every box, but you get something cool often enough where you get a buzz of excitement from opening one. Not with the Pelinal boxes.

2). The "trying to make fetch happen" aspect of Imperial City. It feels like the move from 3 event tickets for PvP activity of your choice to 2 event tickets for Cyrodiil/Battleground and 1 event ticket from IC was to force everyone to go into IC. Making the style pages drop from IC bosses again felt like forcing players into IC. At some point, you might want to ask yourself why Imperial City is so unpopular and why, given any other option, people will take the other option. So you take away other options. You are making every effort to funnel players into IC while seemingly ignoring why you have to go to such lengths to get people into this piece of content. And then you not only funnel people into IC, you made drop rates exceedingly rare in effort to keep people in IC.

I have a feeling (1) and (2) are connected. You didn't want players to farm Pelinal boxes because you can get them anywhere PvP happens. And if there was good stuff in them, people would go to those other places, not IC. The whole event felt like there was a fun factor sucked out of it to push people into content that most players find the least fun content in game. Again, maybe it is time to ask how to make IC more fun, instead of how to make rest of event less fun so IC does not look as bad by comparison.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »

Second (or I guess third or fourth now) this. Not counting a few forays on alts to pick up tickets and grind for end-of-campaign rewards, I went from Tribune (Grade 2) to Prefect (Grade 1) this Mayhem on my main and got exactly zero Black Drake Marking boxes. Lots of siege that didn’t stack though. :p
    Imperial City Daily Quest Loading: In order to pick up an Imperial City Daily Quest, we have to load into the District from the Sewers. If we want to be efficient and pick up multiple dailies at once, we have to load into a district, load into the sewers, load into a district, load into the sewers, load into a district, load into the sewers, load into a district, load into the sewers...and you get the picture. Loading, loading, loading. It would be an enormous Qaulity of Life change to get a Daily Quest Board in the Sewers where we can pick up ALL 6 dailies at one time, then head out into the Districts to do the quests. Basically just like we do now, but without the extra loading, loading, loading, loading ad nauseum. (Again, not a new request.

Second all of this! I tried to share quests to cut down on some of the loading pain for groupmates but it really shouldn’t be necessary.

Oh god yes.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, make siege equipment that is at 100% health stack. If implementing means to track individual health is the showstopper let the ones that have seen degradation not stack, but please, the shiny, brand new, unused, 100% health ones, make them stack.

I have an alt full to the brim with unused siege gear.
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we were supposed to get boxes?
    Ray
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gran'ma hate pvp. Though she participated with 3 characters. all AD.

cp 975 warden stam
    lv 34 warden breton
    lv 37 nb stamina

The first day i met the rarest challenge i had on this game and went over 200+ deaths, not by mobs but gankers. I almost quit the event, shaking and stressed and crying saying that a gran'ma did not have this place in this mess.
    But i wanted to participate.
    -sticked to the event, against all odds, and completed 3 MYM, got all my Black outfit, and some legions.
    -completed also 2 main story of IC. For my NB though had to stop at mid due to beeing exhausted by doing too much for having to run back again and again due to the numerous deaths, travels.
    -completed the sewers and even the central event in the sewers.

-met very nice *enemies* (they killed me but that was not some harassment and we laughed), i met one ganker harasser who killed me until i had no desire to play on day 1).
    -Learned that revenge can be a sweet chocolat for me :) sorry for the one who gave lots of telvar.
    -And i finished the event with my little NB who surprised me a lot by beeing able to kill classes and ranking i would not even attack in normal pvp.

-helped somes EP to kills Horrors, or finish their boss in Arena.
    -agreed to let DC do their quests in cyro towns, in which they ganked me right after their finished.

And i loved double nodes gathering :)

Now the huge huge problem is the navigation in IC. Some new players in my guild were not able to understand the how to. The sewers and IC is a huge mess. And when they die, and are sent back to the base, this discouraged them to continue. This could be perhaps just a bit easier to obtain quests and give them back.
    I was able to help and show them which sector of AD sewers lead in our base, but still when you never discovered the area its difficult for them.

So for challenging myself, i enjoyed the event. Some of the rewards from the boxes were cool and i could earn a lot of the old rewards with tickets.
    For the huge lag baring the skills to shoot, for the numerous load screen, for the queue to access any campaign, for the convergence set still droping me out of the keep i defend, for the invincible builds farming us, for the cheap cheap cheap box rewards with 1 transmute that did not felt rewarding, i did not like it.
    Edited by Lauranae on March 1, 2022 5:52PM
    My most recent characters
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were few things that i didnt like:

1) New rewards only in IC. Why we cant get those in Cyrodiil or BGs? Each time there is a new style its going into IC. Why ppl are losing those rewards just because They play "diffrent" PvP?

2) Tickets Split. Its PvP event not IC event. If u rly want to split tickets then give 2 for first daily u do and 1 for second daily. Stop pushing ppl into IC every time u can (Year One event says "Hello").

3) Reward Boxes. The only good reward i saw there was Hakeijo. Small amount of Tel Var were ok too. The rest was rather bad. A note that i didnt get any tatoos from the boxes. My advice here is to give alchemy materials for potions.

Soo overall: It doesnt feel nice when u miss event rewards because u prefer diffrent PvP activity.

Note at the end that i was doing only BGs. I gave up at IC after 2 days because its just wasnt enjoyable for me.
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that there is certainly one thing that players (both PvP & PvE) have been asking for a long time. To replace 2 daily quests that grant event tickets with one quest, so that players can chose what type of PvP content they like to do more.

In current WhiteStrake's Mayhem (and previous ones) it was one daily quest in Cyrodill and one daily quest in Imperial City. So players have to travel back & forth between 2 locations to get all event tickets per day.

That is imho bad solution, since not only it generates unnecessary traffic, but also players can not chose what content they do (During Undaunted event for example, players actually can chose what dungeons they go into to get event tickets).

For the next WhiteStrake's Mayhem I would like to see event tickets coming from Cyrodiil daily quests "OR" Imperial City daily quests. Not "AND", but "OR" so players would have a choice.

Edit:
    Alternatively, it could be 2 quest, but it should be Either 2 Cyrodiil daily quests, or 2 Imperial City Daily quests or a mixture of both. The point is to have a choice what type of content you like more, so that players would have a choice.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on March 1, 2022 6:34PM
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's been a couple of years since I did any significant pvping in Cyrodiil, but this time around I felt like taking advantage of the double AP to boost my rank up so I was there for a few hours or more almost every day of the event. (Got from rank 39 to almost 43, using tortes most of the time.)

I probably opened around 500 Pelinal boxes and got exactly one Black Drake markings runebox (which thankfully contained both the body and face markings). That's a ridiculously low drop rate. My very limited time killing bosses in IC produced two of the new style pages, so that was better, but judging by prices in guild traders, it could and should have been a lot better. I ended up buying all but one of my style pages with tickets.

With most events, I just find the most efficient and/or fun way to get my tickets each day and call it good. I didn't personally have issues getting tickets, since I did my IC quests ahead of time and was doing Cyro stuff almost every day anyway (and if I need a quickie, there's always the flame atros in Chorrol). I appreciated getting 3 tickets per day instead of 2, since it felt like I was earning rewards from the Impresario a lot faster.

Because this event enticed me to do more active playing on top of just getting my daily tickets, the rest of my feedback is more related to my experiences in Cyro rather than specifics of the event.

I didn't even bother queuing for Grey Host, which is my home campaign, because I knew the queue times and lag would be horrendous. So I hopped around the temporary campaigns or occasionally Ravenwatch, depending on where my faction had a low pop bonus and preferably was seeing some action. Generally this meant trying to find something to do on a relatively dead campaign, or trying to take keeps or resources on a campaign where another faction was already dominant. It was frustrating on some nights to repeatedly get steamrolled by unkillable ball groups as we were on flags or sieging the inner door, knowing that as soon as that group showed up we were done and our work was for nothing. I usually just roll with setbacks like that, but when it keeps happening and you can't get anything done it kind of makes you wonder why you're bothering.

This was the first time I actively played in Cyro since the introduction of the ball group killer sets (which were a not-small reason why I stayed out of Cyro after they came out). On the plus side, I was never pulled off a wall by Dark Convergence. However, my experiences with Dark Convergence and Plaguebreak confirmed that it's not fun to play against those sets, and if/when I do go back to Cyro, it'll probably be on the no-proc campaign.

I didn't have any significant lag issues, probably because I wasn't playing on poplocked campaigns.

So, pluses:

Double AP is great for rank progression, especially with low pop bonuses. Adding event campaigns makes it easier to avoid long queues and lag and adds options for finding action and bonuses.

It's nice to see new rewards like style pages and other cosmetics added for each event. I also made use of the 2-ticket grab bags to pick up a couple of the older shield/staff things I didn't already have, and I appreciated how cost-effective that was.

3 tickets per day is better than 2, especially when you're buying style pages with tickets because they have a crappy drop rate in the wild.

I didn't have an issue getting my tickets each day, partly because I knew to stock up on the more problematic dailies ahead of time.

And minuses:

The drop rate of the markings runebox(es) was abysmal and the Black Drake style pages could have been a lot better.

The contents of the Pelinal boxes isn't anything special, especially when you've been around for a while and you're primarily in it for the new event shinies. Having to farm the new style pages from IC bosses rather than getting them from event reward boxes is kind of limiting.

Aspects of pvp play in Cyro, not specific to this event, actively make playing in Cyro less fun; these primarily involve unkillable groups wearing sets designed to kill groups that just kill everybody else instead.

Suggestions:

Publish an official list of the older items included in the grab bags, so people can see what's available before they decide to spend their tickets.

Have more no-proc campaigns among the temporary event campaigns.

Maybe offer a free home campaign switch on the first day of the event, so that people who know they're not going to get much action on Grey Host their usual home campaign can get in on a leaderboard without having to blow a bunch of AP.
    Edited by Ilsabet on March 1, 2022 5:55PM
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always look forward to this event but it seemed rougher this time. Performance was worse than the PvP events in the past and some sets proved to be even more obnoxious with the more people using them, and a lot more multiple CC break attempt issues.

The event just seemed to highlight things getting worse rather than better.
  • Lalocat
    Lalocat
    ✭✭✭
    I originally planned to more or less sit this event out because I'm not a fan of pvp in general. I was just going to get the tickets, pick up some discount motifs from the guild traders, and that would be it. Maybe sneak into the sewers to kill Molag Bal to unlock the dye.

Completed IC tickets quests before the start, cause pve farming with a chance of getting ganked and losing your stuff is the worst kind of pvp of all.

Day 1 I turned in my quests for the tickets. Day 2 I finished all town quests and got the last few skyshards I was missing. On day 3 I discovered zerging in Cyrodiil and did that until two hours after the event ended and my last scroll expired.

Started at level 5, ended at 34. Made about 21 million ap. Got three black drake paint boxes. Had much fun. Unlocked many dyes, which made me happy.

I didn't notice any performance issues. No lag.

• Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whitestrakes Mayhem (double AP), Imperial city (double Tel Var), and the Anniversary event are the only events I look forward to each year.
    Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16
    DC Templar - PvP 24
    DC Nightblade - PvP 18
    Xbox North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 32
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 20
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 14
    AD Templar - PvP 41
    AD Templar - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 14
    AD Warden - PvP 29
    AD Nightblade - PvP 27
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 18
    AD Necromancer - PvP 14
    Xbox Europe - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 42
    AD Templar - PvP 36
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 16
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My feedback would be the same every year. What I like the most about MYM is the amount of players that participate and the resulting increase of population across all PVP areas.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Either remove the event, or open 5 or 6x the number of campaigns, so that getting into the event is possible without long waits (just to hand-in the already completed quests)!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    well it is always fun to get more alliance points, and having a lot of players to play with is great.

BUT.
    Every strategy is ruined here. People are only focused on farming. I've seen, like every year, defenders not defending and prefering to attack something else to get AP. No fight, no lag, of course.
    I've seen factions dominating entirely the map, making people leaving to another campaign where their faction is dominating, which make on these campaign people leaving too. I've seen cyrodiil ruined.

I'm happy it is now finished.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drop rates of pages from boxes were abysmal for me - played every day and nothing for the event. I don't think that has ever happened during any event over the years to me. The lag in Cyro in or near battles was crippling - literally unplayable. Long standing bugs arose constantly.

By mid event the incentive to do little more than the minimum for tickets was gone unless requested by friends to join them in the misery.

It had some fun moments but those were created by players - not Zos. Lack of rewards, long waits and lag : a triple "L" rating event.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks so far to everyone who has shared feedback so far. The events team is reading these and looking to see what can be incorporated for future events. Appreciated it!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil Town Quest Buildings: There are some quest-related buildings that require players to transition through a door, leaving them vulnerable to ground based AOEs as they transition. In the past, ZOS addressed this problem in Cyrodiil by taking the doors of the resource towers and in Imperial City by making the interior of quest buildings a safe zone.

^ This, especially that now with the slow unsheathing of weapons (the character automatically put them away when enter a door) if there is a ganker inside then you're dead and cannot do anything about it, as it takes 2 seconds to be able to cast anything after you get through the door.

• Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_MattFiror and @ZOS_GinaBruno both previously mentioned making more frequent events aimed towards the PVP community.

Myself and others previously proposed making "Midyear Mayhem" into "Monthly Mayhem" -- a monthly week or weekend event of double AP -- instead of only twice per year. This would greatly rejuvenate the PVP community.

Numerous online live-service PVP games feature double-EXP weekends. Dungeons and Battlegrounds already provide daily EXP bonuses in addition to the innumerous EXP scrolls from login rewards, crown crates, and other sources; however, sources for AP buffs and bonuses are extremely scarce in comparison.

ZOS/ESO should adapt to the competition as well as respect and value player's time by offering double-AP weekends every month instead of only two weeks per year.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    1). The items from the Pelinal boxes were incredibly dull. It took all the fun out of turning in a quest or getting Rewards of the Worthy. With most events, there is a sense of excitement from getting an event box. You won't get something cool from every box, but you get something cool often enough where you get a buzz of excitement from opening one. Not with the Pelinal boxes.

2). The "trying to make fetch happen" aspect of Imperial City. It feels like the move from 3 event tickets for PvP activity of your choice to 2 event tickets for Cyrodiil/Battleground and 1 event ticket from IC was to force everyone to go into IC. Making the style pages drop from IC bosses again felt like forcing players into IC. At some point, you might want to ask yourself why Imperial City is so unpopular and why, given any other option, people will take the other option. So you take away other options. You are making every effort to funnel players into IC while seemingly ignoring why you have to go to such lengths to get people into this piece of content. And then you not only funnel people into IC, you made drop rates exceedingly rare in effort to keep people in IC.

I have a feeling (1) and (2) are connected. You didn't want players to farm Pelinal boxes because you can get them anywhere PvP happens. And if there was good stuff in them, people would go to those other places, not IC. The whole event felt like there was a fun factor sucked out of it to push people into content that most players find the least fun content in game. Again, maybe it is time to ask how to make IC more fun, instead of how to make rest of event less fun so IC does not look as bad by comparison.

Agreed. My main aggrevation with the whole event is that fighting bosses and fighting PvP enemies is nigh impossible when many of the ones in IC are mostly PvE-players. I am myself more for PvE than PvP, but I have done a lot of Cyrodiil by now and can handle a bit of dying. But being ganked again and again when fighting bosses, actively being hindered to get a chance at the extremely rare drops at hand, that is just not fun by any means. It is frustrating in the worst possible way.
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had fun during this event. However, I think that since this is a PvP event, there should be more incentives for actual PvP. On Xbox there’s a huge group of players that just takes turns flipping a keep. This has gone on for years now and I think that players look forward to this rather than the joy of PvP. Killing players should have an additional modifier during these events. For example, keep ticks can still give double AP, but actually killing someone should give quadruple AP. This would encourage people to actually engage in PvP instead of running away, avoiding fights, or playing tanky builds that don’t die, but can’t kill anyone.