The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

WhiteStrake's Mayhem Feedback

• Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was essentially locked out of my home campaign gh psn na for the first week. The q times were so horrendously long and once I did get in, it was a constant lag and crash fast.
    Once people started burning out towards the end it got a little better.

I'm not sure how you solve it. I'd prefer just to play in my regular campaign and not lose my progress on the leaderboards for gold jewellery as I did.

I love the extra AP and enjoy the thirst it brings to the map.

Event drops were abysmal.
    Didn't get the body markings to drop. I don't know how many boxes I opened but I made several million + a heap of quest boxes.

I spent a little time trying to farm the style pages with zero luck across either server.
    I gave up and went back to cyro.
    I want ap and fights with people during this event, not npcs.

So at the end of it, most of the new shinies were put in Ic to try and draw people there, and yet the qs were dead and cyro was popping 24 hours a day.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outside of the high population servers, lag wasn't horrible but you could still feel it in some fights. It was nearly unbearable on Greyhost and would often lead to disconnects with an inability to log back in for a while on that character.

With the lag issue out of the way, double AP is always a nice bonus. That's a great time to level up what is likely the longest grind in the game by a significant margin, alliance rank 50. I was able to get from 43 to 48 which I was happy with.

I think the sourcing on the event items could take a second look. I did manage to get 2 of the warpaint boxes through the Pelinal's Boon boxes, but keep in mind that was with 5 late alliance ranks and millions of AP earned. That was probably a bit more rare than it needed to be.

I'm still not a fan of sourcing event specific items on IC bosses, as there is a hard cap to how many people can earn loot from any given boss. I really dislike the feeling of competing with my own faction for drops in a zone where I'm already competing with opposing factions. It doesn't feel like I should be encouraged to try to stay away from my own faction or deny them spots in my group in order to keep my chances high of earning loot from any given boss. For similar PvE events, the boss kill itself doesn't necessarily give the event rewards, but the daily completion does, which everyone can get regardless of how many actually get loot from the boss itself.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still not a fan of sourcing event specific items on IC bosses, as there is a hard cap to how many people can earn loot from any given boss. I really dislike the feeling of competing with my own faction for drops in a zone where I'm already competing with opposing factions. It doesn't feel like I should be encouraged to try to stay away from my own faction or deny them spots in my group in order to keep my chances high of earning loot from any given boss.

This. One group I was in had a newbie with a tankier build join and subsequently ask why they weren’t getting any loot from Molag Bal. And as a healer I frequently had to choose between hitting the boss for drops or healing my groupmates.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭
    The event boxes were disappointing. Only way to get event related goodies was grinding bosses in IC. Why not have stuff drop out of the boxes like any other event? And then perhaps have bosses with additional chance for drops on top of that?

Not big fan of tickets split into two different activities either. No matter what was I getting immersed into doing that evening, there was always need to stop the fun and go get the other half of tickets somewhere else (or miss out).

Not event specific, but IC needs to be revorked to get rid of the player unfriendly design:

- the daily quests should be grabable from alliance base, without going through twelve loading screens (eleven assuming player jumps down into city after grabing last one). Just put sticky note next to each ladder, or something.

- have quest markers work properly even after player leaves the sewers. Now these just point at nearest door out of the district instead telling us where the quest actually take place. Shouldn't need out of game spreadsheet to know where to go.

- put blue protection on the door into sewers where it doesn't work / fix load screens there to be shorter than the blue protection. No more loading through door already dead, please!

- either put blue protection on quest objectives the way treasure chests work, or let character break the interaction animation immediately when attacked. The animation once started now traps character for several seconds, unable to fight back if ganked and not even counting as completed if getting attacked in middle of it, even though the whole animation played through.

- alow us to choose respawn at our alliance base. Offten need to get back into district where the quest is, or dead boss I need to loot, even if held by other alliance. Additional load screens take way to much time and are offten bugged with "attempted jump failed".

- do what needs to be done to get rid of "attempted jump failed" door bug. It's so annoying, especially when grabbing dailies or trying to loot killed boss.
  • Dayhjawk
    Dayhjawk
    ✭✭✭
    1. Events rewards: style pages, markings, etc. Should drop in any pvp area instead of just one. Some prefer cryodill, some perfer IC, some perfer BG, long as they engaging in the event, they should be able to earn the rewards.

2. Push for emperor, I don't think it's fair for someone to be able to get this achievement if they aren't online and in cryodrill. I know it's meant to be "earned" but I think it should go to whoever it top of the ranks, online and in their home campaign, and not go in there boost themeselves to the top of the list then go offline or ride the event off in another campaign and be able to earn it. At least make it fair, online and in home campaign, if you are not goes to the next person on the leaderboard. One who missed out could just go back in there and retake the keeps and snag it from whoever got it.

3. Add previous rewards part of the drop pool or at least some sort of coffer that would let you earn these.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make this a true PVP event. Only tie earning tickets to explicit PVP activities. Town and Imperial City quests are not that. Force players to do BG quests, Kill Player and/or capture/recon activities in Cyrodil.

Truly make this a PVP event rather than a hybrid event.

The majority of complaints about the event comes from players who mistakenly treat it as a PVE event that just happens to take place in a PVP zone. If introducing players to PVP activities is a goal of the event, as I am sure the goal of every event is to get players to experience the entire game, then forcing players to actually participate in direct PVP activities to earn the rewards of the event would go a long way.
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Make this a true PVP event. Only tie earning tickets to explicit PVP activities. Town and Imperial City quests are not that. Force players to do BG quests, Kill Player and/or capture/recon activities in Cyrodil.

Truly make this a PVP event rather than a hybrid event.

Same. I genuinely want event tickets removed from it and have it be a pure pvp event.
    Just try it, I bet it will still be as populated.

There will still sadly be toxic individuals who irrationally don't want pvp to have any exclusive rewards.
    But without the fear of missing tickets I think it would be a much nicer experience all around and less backlash.
  • gameswithaspoon
    gameswithaspoon
    ✭✭✭
    Mayhem in Ravenwatch PC NA was an incredible time, fights everywhere, huge battles, emperors rose and fell several times a day, and the server really was surprisingly functional. We had to juggle a bit the first weekend as people got caught waiting in ques a bit, but they mostly solved that by hanging out in IC while they waited.

I don't mind that reward boxes dropped for every quest in Cyrodiil. Sometimes in the middle of a 8 hour session its just nice to take a breather and hold a town instead of a Keep. And its not like the reward boxes in themselves are substantial. You are just talking about a few plants, some telvar and a couple of keep repair kits. And there are overwhelmingly more people actually fighting than doing town quests.

The drop rates were a bit low... I did get 3 Paint runeboxes but that was out of 20+ million AP. I still have a handful of the Dog companion pets from a few years back. So yeah compared to past events the drop rate was low. I would maybe have made the drop from the first of the Daily board missions - 9 resources, 3 Keeps, 40 Players. I think its more important for people to be able to earn cool items from an event rather than that a few people should be able to sell them for millions over the following year.
    Spoon-no-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Templar AD BWB
    Spoon-ware-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Stamplar AD Bahlokdaan
    Guild Leader Imperium of the Eagle Ravenwatch NA-PC
    Takes Drive-Thru Orders for This is a Wendy's.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More fun for me then last mayhem.

Stylepages from IC Bosses i dont like. IC has it own event. Plz let this drop in the mayhem boxes.
    Didnt see the face and bodypainting in this boxes too.
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The event itself was alot of fun, it was very nice seeing alot of new faces/names in pvp, both to fight with and against. The lagg tho..it sucked alot of the fun out of it a big part of every day i pvped.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    also,
    please close as soon as possible the additionnal servers.

now, pvp population totally decraeased and is tiled on all servers. we dont need 7 servers, al lcampaign are empty right now.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • HansK
    HansK
    ✭✭✭
    As a die-hard PvE player this is the worst event of the year. Would love to see some armistice campaigns so players with only PvE characters can enjoy C&IC. Maybe with a limit on AP or something like that.

And as others have said, the drop rate of the stylepages etc. was terrible. I've got none whatsoever of the special event rewards. Merchant prices reflect that too in the guild stores, prices are sky-high in relation to items from other events.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dayhjawk wrote: »
    3. Add previous rewards part of the drop pool or at least some sort of coffer that would let you earn these.

They had the ‘Veteran’s Bag’ available from the Impressario and those had previous years’ items in them.

• the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things I liked:
    1) I love the Bags of Veterans Glory and wish more events adopted something similar. Not only are they a relatively inexpensive way to get event cosmetics, but they also let me catch up on things I missed from past events.
    2) I pretty much always enjoy an excuse to play more BGs, and I like the fact that the event helps boost the BG population.
    3) Thank goodness it's possible to do a bunch of IC dailies in a batch and then turn them in one at a time to avoid actually having to engage with IC content more than a couple times during the event.

Things I didn't like:
    1) The BG random queue popping 99% deathmatch is awful, and the event should have been delayed until after that was fixed/reverted.
    2) Aside from the Bags of Veterans Glory, the event rewards were abysmal. Motifs need to drop more often and from more activities.
    3) PvP rewards in general are pretty disappointing. It should be possible to gear up for BGs by only playing BGs.
    4) IC always feels like a chore in these events. Between all of the loading screens (why does picking up the dailies require me to keep going back to my alliance base in the sewer??), and the quest objective campers, it just isn't fun. I love the idea of IC, but the actual implementation leaves a lot to be desired (I think my biggest problem is the grind through the sewers to get back to my base).
    5) The gap between a good PvP build and a non-PvP build is way too big. PvP isn't even remotely casual-friendly, and this event forces a lot of people to become casual PvPers, where they eventually get obliterated by hardcore PvPers, which isn't fun and ultimately drives them away from engaging in PvP more regularly.
    6) Related to the above, lag in Cyrodiil is awful. I took my BG build into Cyrodiil and was constantly getting one-shotted. Technically they weren't one shots because I was getting hit by 5-6 attacks (all from the same player), but practically they were one-shots because on my end all of the attacks would appear to hit within less than a second of each other.
    7) Why do BGs have a unique ruleset with respect to CP and gear? I have a build that works okay in BGs, but it's completely useless in Cyrodiil or IC because it's a no-CP build with a sustain proc. My preferred ruleset is no-CP with unrestricted gear, but if I can't have that everywhere, at least make BGs use the same rules as some of the other campaigns.
    8) Why is the Scroll of Pelinal's Ferocity an actual item and not a memento like all of the other event boosters? It seems like an unnecessary waste of an inventory slot.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1) The BG random queue popping 99% deathmatch is awful, and the event should have been delayed until after that was fixed/reverted.

how can you have 1% non deathmatch since DM is the only gametype zenimax authorized ?
    8) Why is the Scroll of Pelinal's Ferocity an actual item and not a memento like all of the other event boosters? It seems like an unnecessary waste of an inventory slot.

totally agree
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xarc wrote: »

how can you have 1% non deathmatch since DM is the only gametype zenimax authorized ?

I actually managed to get one Capture the Relic match. It was a Mayhem Miracle.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Because we can’t use Mementos in Cyrodiil; this lets us use it without having to leave, use the scroll, and then come back.

• Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Performance, Lags, Disconnects, Bugs etc:
    Please please please just fix it. You have had so much time and earned so much money, this should not be an issue anymore. You have everything you need to fix it and not keep "working on it" forever and keep pretending like this is just a small problem for "some toxic" players with old consoles and bad internet connection. Performance is the biggest reason why veteran players do not like to play this game anymore.

You would not believe how many guildmates logged back in for this event, after months of not playing the game, just to ragequit with the words "**** game, i am not playing this **** again until they fix it".
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Almost everything in this game, content, new content, and events, are pve based, despite this game initially being marketed as a pvp game.
    PvP was the original end game.

Mym is the best time of year in eso in my opinion.
    I love it. I wish it was more often.
    Please disregard the incoming vitriol and anger of people who can't accept pvpers deserve some much needed love.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Performance was slightly better than last mym. Not sure why, but I'll take it.
    Last night I had pretty bad lag in ravenwatch. Odd, as normally I don't.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did not do as many hours as previous years but overall had good experiences Went from AR 32 to 33 so making progress to my goal of AR 38. My best experience was a 3 hour fight at ASH as blue we held our last Emp Keep against Orange. It was tight flags almost flipped multiple times but the 300k D Tick was worth it and an amazing feeling really made the whole faction celebrate. Also I had zero crashes during the prime time massive fight on Series X I know previous years on the older generation console I would not even enter large scale sieges cause I knew I would crash. Feel bad for those still on old consoles cause its such a better experience on the new ones.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • ValarMorghulis1896
    ValarMorghulis1896
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    This. But if not - fine by me also.
    I had a lot of fun, got a lot of rotw-boxes with a lot of Hakeijos, Coldfire-Balistas, Akaviri style pages and Camps, and met a lot of (pve-)friends there who don't normally show up in Cyro :)

"It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    “I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" Death thought about it. "CATS", he said eventually. "CATS ARE NICE.” Terry Pratchett
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I enjoyed the Midyear Mayhem event there was several notes of concern

- In the newly opened campaigns there was a significant amount of Emp trading in those campaigns, one faction will PvDoor while the others log off or swap factions. In future Emp should either be disabled or Assault ticks from Keeps should yield less AP or the Assault tick needs to be calculated differently based on the opposing enemy strength. It's not PvP at this rate.
    This was a real shame because in those freshly opened campaigns the performance of the game was excellent 90% of the time, it's just sad that the only people who were available to fight were the organised Emp trading guilds, was a real bore.

- Removal of noCP no proc Imperial City, this absolutely no sense, why would you want to play no proc in IC and for them most part these were dead compared to the CP counterparts. What from I've seen from the PvP community is that they much prefer no CP pvp as things are quite power creeped in CP. No CP procs in Cyrodiil felt excellent for the most part and this should clearly lead to having Ravenwatch bringing back its proc set statue enabled once again.
    Edited by dinokstrunz on March 2, 2022 3:56PM
  • Techwolf_Lupindo
    Techwolf_Lupindo
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of comment so far. So I will just summarize mine for the most part.

The drop rate of the new motifs was good to me. I managed to get them all plus two extras just by going in AD dominated IC and kill a few bosses a per day. No farming parties, I just kill one boss or two to get the motif and head out as I knew getting another motif was going to take a long time and I have the best luck using a day long cooldown. I did purchase one motif from a guild trader about half way though the event. The two extras I ended up with I put up on a good trader above price and both sold in less then 30 minutes for half a million. Reading all the comments about getting none or just a few, the drop rate could use a change or make them drop from the event boxes as well.

Never got a rune box at all. Did get two scamp rune boxes from mal-bog, but that a normal drop there.

The yellow event boxes had lots of goodies, but nothing notable but for the tri-stat rune. I saved all the Rewards of the Worthy boxes to open after update 33 to get the new sets out of them.

I did have enough tickets to get all fragments and the markings as I never did get any rune boxes of those to drop on me.

Please keep the temp campaigns up until the next maintenance cycle. Some guilds use them for teaching new players the ropes of crydiil and IC. Also good for guild vs. guild or group vs. group withen the same guild. AKA, torument style battlegrounds. Only in very low pop server can have pre-planned group fights. Dual are only 1x1, not group vs. group.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP events rock

But please clamp down on the AP boosting / feeding. Strip the AP...
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    PvP events rock

I'm confused. How do you strip the AP from a double AP event and still call it a double AP event?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    PvP events rock

I'm confused. How do you strip the AP from a double AP event and still call it a double AP event?

In the past when we've had periods of double AP, ZOS has paid attention to reports of AP boosting, trading keeps, or stuff like getting your cross-alliance friends to trigger a defensive tick for you, investigated, and then stripped AP gained away from the people they deemed to be breaking the rules.

It would help if ZOS demonstrated that they were actively monitoring and willing to discipline players if the double AP is being abused in that manner.
  • AllegedParadigm
    AllegedParadigm
    ✭✭✭
    Biased opinion but I've always been a pvp player in every game, so naturally I gravitated towards eso pvp. I spent my first year on eso playing only battlegrounds, but recently (right before mayhem) found my way into cyrodiil with a good guild. I spent 10/12 nights in cyrodiil with them, made millions of ap and even got emperor. The event boxes were OK at best. I did get some useful siege, hakeijo's, and alchemy mats, but didn't get any runeboxes. The one night I did IC I got 3 pages in 2 hours of boss farming, so I'd agree with the drop rates being too low. The lag was only noticeable for me on the weekends, at which times the queues were also terrible. I'm not sure that I like the tickets being in the pve town quests and ic. I feel like it would be better if they were granted with the first rewards for the worthy or something. I would love to see pvp events more often, not just because I love pvp but the abundance of players during it and extra ap and telvar :)
    PC/NA August 2020 | Aldmeri Dominion - Grand Overlord & Former Empress | Koritha Larethian, Yaeli al-Iskour, Vaynth Andalen, Cylthia Oakthorn
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the event, it was amazing. I mainly played in Ravenwatch and it was great to see the popluation there increase during the event. We had many amazing fights and made lots of wonderful memories, and there wasn't much lag in Ravenwatch even when the servers were full.

Btw, I really appreciate that we have a place like Ravenwatch where the worst of the proc sets have been disabled and there is no cp. It would also be nice to have it alliance locked like greyhost.

I also played in Greyhost occasionally and that was fun as well, although the lag was pretty bad at times. I don't like the proc sets, but I have a lot of cp so that reduces the pain of those sets.

My worst experience was in one of the shorter campaigns with no-cp and proc sets enabled. Without cp as a buffer the procs sets are particularly detrimental to the gameplay experience. Also, these short low-population campaigns are just used as a place for people to easily get emperor, or for people to farm pve quests and avoid pvp - both of which are the antithisis of an event that is meant to be celebrating pvp.

And one more thing, can we please have these pvp events more often? There seems to be a pve event every month, but we just get a couple of weeks a year. Please more cyrodiil pvp events!
  • Anthy1066
    Anthy1066
    Soul Shriven
    My guild had an awesome time in the No CP Ravenwatch campaign. We had 20 plus people online pvping just about every night and the fights were consistently good, especially during prime time. Even the lag was pretty good even though all three factions where often pop locked.

I really enjoyed seeing so many new people trying PVP for the first time and we had a significant number join our PVP guild after finding a love for the experience. Guild VS guild fights where particularly enjoyable during the event. I think the worst part of the event was the queues which were especially long on weekends. I agree with a few of the others more PVP events to balance with the abundance of PVE events would be great idea.