The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Computer Re-build ... What files do I save ?

Old_Rac3r
Old_Rac3r
Soul Shriven
I am going to be rebuilding my computer and will have to download ESO again. I don't want to go through the effort of re-setting all of my preferences and settings. What files would you recommend and where are they stored or will it all be saved on the Zenimax side ? Also, I have about a dozen or so mods that I use with minion, will this be impacted or will they attach to the new game download. Any help or a link to some info would be appreciated.

Many Thx ...

Old Racer
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 14, 2021 8:24PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just copy the entire install folder from your current install, save it to a stick, and then copy it back when you get your new machine set up.
  • AlexanderDeLarge
    AlexanderDeLarge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old_Rac3r wrote: »
    I am going to be rebuilding my computer and will have to download ESO again. I don't want to go through the effort of re-setting all of my preferences and settings. What files would you recommend and where are they stored or will it all be saved on the Zenimax side ? Also, I have about a dozen or so mods that I use with minion, will this be impacted or will they attach to the new game download. Any help or a link to some info would be appreciated.

Many Thx ...

Old Racer

Backup your addons folder from Documents. Minion will detect them and you'll be able to continue updating. Your config files from the addons like UI placement might be a bit screwed up but at least you won't need to go through the whole process all over again.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 7 paid expansions. 22 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the vast majority of this game.

"ESO doesn't need a harder overland" on YouTube for a video of a naked level 3 character AFKing in front of a bear for a minute and a half before dying
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Just copy the entire install folder from your current install, save it to a stick, and then copy it back when you get your new machine set up.

That's only if he's saving to the same place such as the boot drive. Maybe he wants to install to another drive which means it needs a new registry with a fresh install. I moved all my games to a M.2 NVMe SSD separate from the boot/c drive when I got a new PC.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's only if he's saving to the same place such as the boot drive. Maybe he wants to install to another drive which means it needs a new registry with a fresh install.

Hmm, would the Steam install trick work for ESO? At least that way you wouldn't have to download everything again.
    (i.e, run the installer to create the base folders/registry/etc, then stop the install & copy all the old files into the new folder. Then run the launcher again to have it verify.)
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's only if he's saving to the same place such as the boot drive. Maybe he wants to install to another drive which means it needs a new registry with a fresh install. I moved all my games to a M.2 NVMe SSD separate from the boot/c drive when I got a new PC.

Hmm. I moved the original install (which was copied from an install folder from a friend because I didn't have the data to download the whole thing at that time) from my data drive to my boot drive. It's worked just fine for 3+ years....
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of games don't require registry entries or separate folders in different places to the main installation, and those that do will probably create them when the game is first run. It's worth a try certainly.
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd take everything under User\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The threads linked below goes over some ways on how to move the ESO installation over to a new PC. The suggestions in these thread may help you out.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post