The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Payments to ZOS denied (with Paypal and other payment methods)

daim
daim
✭✭✭✭✭
Recapping the last 60 messages:

- Payments with Paypal has been refused since October 10th (that's when I noticed it)
- You can't sub to ESO+ or buy Crowns. If you had recurring sub it was cancelled
- Paypal option was removed around 13th from the eso store
- No communication from ZOS since the initial (oct 11th) response to use other payment methods or submit a ticket - and support cant help you either
- reddit discussion at https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/q7bpgo/paypal_removed_as_a_payment_option_for_eso_and/

Original post:

FYI! Getting: Error: The transaction was not authorized. Please check the provided information again or contact your payment provider for assistance.
And then: Error: There were issues with your recent transaction attempt. Please check the provided information again or contact support at http://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/home.

from your website after selecting Paypal as a payment method. Is this a long time problem or just now problem ? Paypal seems to be working fine and your site didnt even direct me to Paypal's page before the error came up.

Edited the topic title from Paypal to Payments to ZOS denied (with Paypal and other payment methods) to better describe the situation
Edited by daim on October 19, 2021 2:51PM
""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
PC|EU
  • Ratty1SFT
    Ratty1SFT
    ✭✭
    It's probably only right now. My monthly ESO+ subscription runs many years and today I got a E-Mail that my payment method (PayPal) was denied.
    Edited by Ratty1SFT on October 12, 2021 3:34PM
  • WIC_HC
    WIC_HC
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same problem.
    Gott sei Punk - Nerf Warden - PC/EU/Graue Schar/Pakt - Buff Warden - Rot, Blau und Gelb zergen immer nur.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. Guess it's not my problem then as I'm not losing any money ;)
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • pborerb16_ESO
    pborerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm having the same issue. Though I'm not currently an active player, I leave my subscription running, and today suddenly I'm getting an e-mail "We were unable to process the payment for your ESO Plus™ membership" and the Paypal status in the mail is "DECLINED". I don't see any issues at Paypal, no refusal of payment, but also the payment was not made. I then tried to set up the recurring payment anew, and I'm also getting the "The transaction was not authorized" error when choosing Paypal.
  • Finnisterre
    Finnisterre
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I'm not the only one. Had ESO+ running from the same Paypal for several years, got the "Payment: Declined" message today. Now I'm getting "Payment not authorised" when I try to renew my membership on the website.

(Fuller details for any tech support below)

* Went to the Manage Your Membership page and verified all the information was correct
    * Tried to renew my ESO+ membership there. Selected Paypal as payment method.
    * As soon as I clicked "I agree and continue", it errored out with "Error: The transaction was not authorised." The website doesn't connect me to Paypal to verify the transaction.
    * Continues to throw same "Transaction not authorised" error message regardless of which membership package I sign up for.
    * Happens on latest versions of Firefox, Chrome and Edge.

Edit: corrected wording of error message.
    Edited by Finnisterre on October 10, 2021 10:21PM
  • Sinking_Otter
    I'm also getting this issue. Tried everything on their help page which was the following:

1. Check to see if the charge was blocked
    2. Enable Javascript
    3. Clear cookies
    4. Try another browser

I didn't try the using card but when I clicked to pay with card that section came up with no issue.

My guess is they made a change and now its not properly connecting. Looking at the URL it tries to connect then goes back and shows the error. It doesn't even reach Paypal at all.
  • JN_Slevin
    JN_Slevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue here, checked everything.
    Cant event choose the paypal account from which the payment is supposed to be paid from.

Something is very odd here.
    Work hard, and you will be rewarded. Spend wisely, and you will be comfortable. Never steal, or you will be punished.
  • Chi75
    Chi75
    ✭✭✭✭
    same here ... ZOS want our money ^^
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chi75 wrote: »
    same here ... ZOS want our money ^^

I bet they would. But they don't! Sad.
    PC|EU
  • alceleniel
    alceleniel
    ✭✭✭
    Got the same issue today :neutral: I tried selecting Visa but that didn't work either.
    I already opened a ticket. Let's hope they fix it... soon.
  • Benawaw89
    Benawaw89
    ✭✭✭
    same, cant work with paypal, mastercard. no eso plus then
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously though. How can this be ongoing issue and no announcement from anyone?
    Have they event noticed that they are losing subs fast because people cant pay?
    PC|EU
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [snip]
    I'm joking.

[edited for inappropriate content]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 11, 2021 4:02PM
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    Hey folks, we are currently investigating this issue. While we investigate, please use an alternative payment method. If you are unable to use another payment method, you are welcome to submit a ticket at help.elderscrollsonline.com. Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the response. However I wont accept other payment methods than Paypal so I hope you'll get it to work sometime soon.
    PC|EU
  • Benawaw89
    Benawaw89
    ✭✭✭
    Hey folks, we are currently investigating this issue. While we investigate, please use an alternative payment method. If you are unable to use another payment method, you are welcome to submit a ticket at help.elderscrollsonline.com. Thank you.

i tried paypal and 2 of my credit cards, and doesnt work.
  • schnickipinzi
    schnickipinzi
    ✭✭✭
    I am having the same problems as described above and wrote a ticket.
    Got an automated response to change my payment method from Paypal to something else. Sadly giropay/online banking doesn´t work either and I have no other means of paying. Hopefully this resolves soon :(
  • GorHanis
    GorHanis
    ✭✭✭
    Same here.
    After the EU bank regulations in security cases, Paypal the only firm solution to US transactions for many player and it does not working.
    I had no problem 3 days ago, so this is a recent issue.
  • Finnisterre
    Finnisterre
    ✭✭✭

+1 for alternate pay methods not working. Can't see any way to get ESO+ currently.
  • Zhendosura
    Zhendosura
    ✭✭✭
    In all the same cases known to me PayPal telephone inquiries revealed that zeninimax had no account charges.
    I assume that Zenimax has made changes to the payment system. My payment by credit card on September 29 also failed because recently the S-ID check via mobile app was applied, which was never the case before. I was able to correct it quickly as I had already installed the app and only the phone was turned off.

So there is probably an error on the part of Zeninimax.
    PC EU
  • schnickipinzi
    schnickipinzi
    ✭✭✭
    I bought something unrelated on Steam via Paypal for "testing purposes" and that went through normally.
    Sadly this problem is still ongoing, tried a few moments ago to renew my ESO+... Please, I can´t exist without my crafting bag :(
  • truesimzy
    truesimzy
    Soul Shriven
    I have spent ages trying to figure this out only to find that its not my fault and it is not something i can actually fix, i dont have another method of payment that i want to use so please get this fixed as soon as possible.
  • alceleniel
    alceleniel
    ✭✭✭
    Reply from support: We can confirm that your payment failed, please try it again and if that fails again use another payment method :/

• IamOnFire
    IamOnFire
    ✭✭
    Well, glad to know it's an ongoing issue and not just an issue on my end, my account being blocked or something along those lines.
    Guess I won't be able to buy the limited items I wanted then. :D
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And there still isnt any notification for the users on the payment page either that zos is having issues... no wonder people are wondering whats going on. Pretty disrespectful to not let people know and let us waste our time instead with something that is not working at all.
    PC|EU
  • Einar_Hrafnarsson
    Einar_Hrafnarsson
    ✭✭✭✭
    None of the payment options work for me. [snip]

Edit: Giropay seems to work again.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 15, 2021 10:09AM
  • schnickipinzi
    schnickipinzi
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: Giropay seems to work again.

Can confirm, worked for me too. And thanks for letting us know, Einar. ZOS seems too busy to get an update out on this.

Edited by schnickipinzi on October 12, 2021 4:50PM
  • Finnisterre
    Finnisterre
    ✭✭✭
    Has anybody had any luck getting this resolved? Right now I'm chasing my tail with Support and their boilerplate "Go here to renew your subscription" replies.

Between ZOS' complete silence on this issue and the boilerplate responses I'm getting, I'm wondering why I'm fighting so hard to give this company my money when they can't give us the time of day.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have anyone tried to buy something else, like blackwood or crowns?
    I mean if you cant buy crowns, they can't sell gambling boxes and I would be really surprised if that would be the case.
    PC|EU
  • GorHanis
    GorHanis
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't buy crowns, got the same issue and after this acc maintenance, Paypal is no longer a payment method. Really?
    ZOS say something...