The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What is the highest dps check in the game?

Avoranti
Avoranti
✭✭✭✭✭
This is a topic I’ve been wondering for a while. After hearing a content creator suggest that the highest dps check in the game was around 27k-30k… it made me wonder if there was any truth in this. Also made me question why the high parse demands for end-game?

One person was telling me about combat metrics and variable metrics. Timed mechanic formulas and such. The person suggested that these “scripts” in the source code are what controls the enemy npc’s in combat and that they are built around 30k dps and the intended time for completion.

This person also commented about how parses used to be done on the 3-6mil dummies because they were more true to accuracy. They said the scripts or formulas haven’t changed and that the only change is the mechanics and how hard stuff hits.

Anyone know what I’m referring to? Anyone have any insight?
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "DPS check" tends to mean "if you don't do X amount of DPS to the enemy in this period of time, everyone automatically dies."

There are thankfully not a ton of those, but one that comes to mind is Vateshran Hollows last fight, where you have to break your way through the 'wall' or automatically die. If you can't punch a hole in the wall within the time limit, guaranteed death.

(putting aside the Streak workaround)

Players who request 50/60/70+k dps or whatever number to join the group want a fast, relatively smooth run. Technically the group members could bring waaay less DPS, but the fights would take much longer as a result even when there's no instant-death.
    Edited by Fennwitty on September 30, 2021 2:14AM
    PC NA
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind, I don't bother with trials so take what I say with a grain of salt:

Point 1) These days, 30k DPS from a single person, self-buffed isn't that outstanding (though certainly decent enough for almost all content). However, I'm guessing that 30k is probably for group DPS which would be very easily achievable by anyone that regularly does dungeons. So I wouldn't really consider it all that high.

I can see how there might be some hard DPS checks that would sit around that point on vet dungeons. I can also imagine there might be some soft checks that go higher, especially in vet hardmode trials. And certainly it would be higher still if you were going for speed achievements. But again, those would all be soft checks and could be worked around by properly following mechanics and forgoing any rewards for speed.

Point 2) Parsing on 3-million dummy is generally considered a bad metric. It dies much too quickly for many builds to properly run the full gamut of their rotation and it definitely won't push any limits on your sustain, thus allow you to effectively cheese some parts and deal a lot of burst damage for false highs. You could also be loosing out on longer-duration executions would could give false lows.

There are two ways to test your DPS: On is 'self buffed' either on a 25m or 6m dummy. Most usually opt for the 6m one since it takes less time but the 25m would be the most accurate since it would not allow any kind of sustain cheese. Personally i opt for the 6m myself. In this case you are effectively getting the result of your raw DPS without aid of any kind and this will more realistically reflect what kind of damage you can do in worst-case scenarios (like inexperienced pugs where no one is really buffing the group).

The second way to test DPS is on the trial dummy. This one provides most (though not all!) of the buffs available to you in the game as well as the templar shard synergy which helps with sustain and activating certain sets. This is the idealized maximum that you would expect your build to do in highly optimized groups where everyone is in sync like clockwork. The upshot to this is that you can use it as a point of comparison between classes, gear, and skills without worry that some of them will not have access to certain buffs when testing solo that might otherwise be available in a group. Effectively it allows people to normalize the DPS standards so that they can rule out factors other than, gear, rotation, and execution. However, it will probably not reflect your true DPS potential for the vast majority of fights outside of organized trial raids. It's for that reason I like to test my builds on both the 6million, and trial dummy. That way I know how my builds compare to previous stuff but I also know what to expect in general when in pugs or solo.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if you talking about DPS check, so killing enemy before mechanics kill you, they are rather limited thing in ESO.

Vateshran you surely know. Babushkas have little more than 200k. You have in theory almost 30 sec. to kill them, but in practice, taking good angle, especially with Bone Goliats and minotaur AOE, could limit your access to damaging to few secs.

In Spinderclutch 2 you have this Gargolye that can cause ceiling to fall on you, if you do not kill him quickly enough in last phase.

In Darkshade Cavern 2 final boss releasing the poison that could kill you if you do not take him quickly - although it could be some trick to eliminate this poison ;p

But there are also a lot of semi-dps checks in DLC dungeon. In MHK you must kill Werewolf Behemot before he bleed your tank to death. In SCP you must deal dmg in very small window few times or you are going down. In Lair of Marcy you have this big three shielded by Lurkers - you not only have small window to damage it withouth shield, but if you do not destroy it quickly, you could get overcome by stranglers. Similar things but with rocks, Cauldron final boss.

But probably thoughest dps check is in Falkreath. In hardmode you have only few pillars to hide and if they will be lost in each phase, so you must take down final boss really quickly.

About Trials, have no idea ;p
  • Rudrani
    Rudrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you get past zaj'hassa with 8 dps doing 30k each????

Its hard to believe. I personally found that you need at least an average of 60k players to get past that fight (which is a dps check).

Also the execute phase on final boss of vHoF is a purse DPS check. I dont think you can clear it with under 70k average. For sure hardmode execute you better have at least 85k average, imo.

Actually there are a LOT of dps gates built into the game. Even the final execute in Atherian Archives is an (outdated) dps check.

I feel they tried to AVOID the "dps check" approach to the newest trial (Rockgrove) at least for the first two of the three bosses. And I find those two fights to be very interesting.

I think the best of all the designs may be the twins in vMoL. This is an example of a DPS check WITH a whole lot of interesting gameplay.
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Naviinthass portal in hardmode requires 3 DD's to do around 40k DPS. While that does not sound like an afwul lot, you have to keep in mind that this is self sustained (i.e. no healer to heal up, not the full array of buffs) and while playing a bunch of mechanics (avoiding aoe, unpinning people, blocking etc.). If you fail to do that, the group will wipe.

Why the high parse demand for endgame? Because high dps makes a lot of things easier. Dealing with potential threats as fast as possible diminishes the odds of making mistakes. In addition, it allows to go for scores instead of just comnpleting the trial. Most groups seem to set their dps demand depending on the average dps of the existing group members to avoid underperformers. A group with people who are just starting trials will probably not demand 95k, while a godslayer progression group will not allow a 30k dps guy into their group. And that is a good thing because in both cases, the player who does not fit into the team will potentially be unhappy in the long run.

At any rate, it is all up to the group to decide the requirements.
    Edited by thorwyn on September 30, 2021 3:49AM
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good experienced players get 120K..135K sustained DPS on trial dummy,
    check SkinnyCheeks, Liko and Xynode on youtube
    for shorter parses 190K is reachable, there were several posts on PTS forum recently

This translates into 35K..40K on non-buffing dummy, but there are no scripts
    and using scrips with gamers keyboards violates TOS because of automation.

The addon you can use on PC to perfect your rotation is WeaveDelays
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2657-WeaveDelays.html
    There are other good addons like Combat Metronome which help with timing in players rotations,
    but they do not perform actions instead of player.
    Combat Metrix is a great tool for measuring your sustained DPS.
    PC EU
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DPS Checks.. Hmmm.

Portals: vSS, vSS HM, vCR

Execute phase of vDOM HM, Icereach HM

Other:
    Lair of Maarselok tree boss, Moongrave shield phase, Direfrost HM, Ice Arena boss of vMA, Last boss of vVH.

Pretty much all of the trifecta runs..

I believe the highest DPS check is vSS HM...

For the most part when you see outragously high DPS requirements it is mostly from people who want to shoot through the dungeon/trial.
    I will agree that sometimes it gets on the side of redicolous and maybe a little gatekeeping(ish).
    As an example, when I first started vSS the requirements in my guild at the time was 45k on the trial dummy.
    45k.... Now my guilds expect atleast 70k...

The Trials hasn't gotten any harder.. On the contrary I think maybe some things have been nerfed a little in the time since.

As for dummies the trial dummy gives the most fair and accurate measure of your DPS, and especially your sustain, in a trial and to a lesser extent dungeon runs with half decent supports.

For solo builds and PvP bursting, when you rely on yourself, the best is the 3 and 6 million dummy to see how you perform self buffed - without the buffs and debuffs other provide. It also has around 14k more resistances than the trial dummy you have to make up for, along with the lesser sustain.

For Dungeons I was taught that a good place to start as a DD in vet content is 20k DPS on the 3 mill or 35-40k on the trial dummy.
    That should secure a decent vet dungeon run that doesn't put your supports to sleep, while still being somewhat easy to obtain.
    Edited by Grandchamp1989 on September 30, 2021 6:30AM
  • Jeirno
    Jeirno
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xalvakka HM is the hardest DPS check.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it's the HM in Rockgrove
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. The hardest DPS-check currently should be Xalvakka HM. Each of the three stages has a time limit and there is additionally a mechanic with ramping up damage with the "mimic phase." Additionally the high number of pretty dangerous adds further raise the required damage output. I think the DPS requirement is somewhere between 40-50k per DD, but don't quote me on that. There are higher DPS checks in the game, like Nahviintaas HM Portals, but those are usually a lot shorter, so I think Xalvakka HM is the most difficult overall.
    2. The DPS requirements for endgame groups are a result of multiple factors. First of all, while clearing content with the minimal DPS required is of course possible, it is a lot more difficult and not necessarily fun. Apart from that many groups have additional goals apart from just clearing the content, like achievements and scores, that require better performance. Many DPS checks are also set by specific tactics, so if groups want to skip certain mechanics for example, this also raises the DPS requirement. Groups are usually looking for players that are on a similar level, and DPS is simply a key component of player performance.
    3. Parses are mostly done on the 21mil currently, because it generally gives the most useful results. You have to keep in mind that the players setting benchmark parses are high end player and the buffs on the 21mil dummy are reasonably close to high end groups. But what dummy testing ultimately comes down to is having a common denominator for representative build or rotation testing. Keeping the target always the same sets the baseline for any further calculations and experiments. And the endgame community has basically agreed that the 21mil dummy should be that common denominator.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rudrani wrote: »

Its hard to believe. I personally found that you need at least an average of 60k players to get past that fight (which is a dps check).

Also the execute phase on final boss of vHoF is a purse DPS check. I dont think you can clear it with under 70k average. For sure hardmode execute you better have at least 85k average, imo.

Actually there are a LOT of dps gates built into the game. Even the final execute in Atherian Archives is an (outdated) dps check.

I feel they tried to AVOID the "dps check" approach to the newest trial (Rockgrove) at least for the first two of the three bosses. And I find those two fights to be very interesting.

I think the best of all the designs may be the twins in vMoL. This is an example of a DPS check WITH a whole lot of interesting gameplay.

Back in the days vmol was cleared with a dps ceiling of like 30k so it is possible. Vhof was also cleared long before we were able to hit 70k dps. Groups used to use defensive ults like nova on last boss execute to survive.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Brenticus12
    Brenticus12
    ✭✭✭
    At the moment Xalvakka HM is the hardest "hard" DPS check to achieve as a group i.e a DPS check that will wipe the group if it isn't met.

IMO the hardest "soft" DPS check (i.e a DPS check that can't be done deathless if it isn't met) is Oax HM.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot tell you what the highest DPS checks are in the game (you have plenty of answers about that already) but I can assure you that progression group / guild requirements will *always* be much higher than the actual requirements of any DPS checks.

Running 100 meters under 10 seconds in real life is utterly useless in nearly 100% of life situations, yet hundreds of thousands of people are training daily to try and achieve this.

In most countries/roads, driving above 130 km/h is forbidden, therefore it's useless to have a faster car than that, yet ALL recent cars can reach at least 160 km/h and many people will be ready to spend money for a car potentially faster than 200 km/h.

Taste for competition, trying to reach the limits, need for a security margin, reluctance at being "simply average", whatever... all these behaviours are imho human and therefore logically mirrored in the game and the players' behaviours.

• divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    There are thankfully not a ton of those, but one that comes to mind is Vateshran Hollows last fight, where you have to break your way through the 'wall' or automatically die. If you can't punch a hole in the wall within the time limit, guaranteed death.

That boss is even more tricky, speaking about DPS. You might have enough DPS to do a hole in the wall (there is actually plenty of time, they perform the ritual quite slowly after they stop in place), but you also need enough DPS to clear the adds that constantly spawn.

While adds are not strictly a DPS check, in fact, they are.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    Back in the days vmol was cleared with a dps ceiling of like 30k so it is possible. Vhof was also cleared long before we were able to hit 70k dps. Groups used to use defensive ults like nova on last boss execute to survive.

Very true.
    The race for DPS has made many groups rush for burning the bosses and ignore 1/ possible alternative mechanics to follow and 2/ available defensive strategies.

• thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Or you can ignore the adds and skip the ghost phase if your dps is high enough. ^^
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve heard vet rockgrove hm’s last boss has a big dps check when she hits 40%, least from what i’ve heard its by far the biggest
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    Good Morning all!

We have removed a few posts from this thread that were inappropriate and rude. In addition, comments that responded to these posts were also removed.

We encourage you all to take a few moments to review our Community Rules to prevent any further violations.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • temerley
    temerley
    ✭✭✭
    temerley wrote: »
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    for shorter parses 190K is reachable, there were several posts on PTS forum recently

There are other good addons like Combat Metronome which help with timing in players rotations,

Xynode, lmfao

just out of curiosity, is there any stigma around Xynode?
    I have found many of his videos quite helpful myself.

Xynode mechanics guide (except some trial hm) = good, actually one of the best guides except for when pushing like trifectas and stuff.

Xynode build guides = fun, just not as "endgame viable" as he claimed to be.

Imagine a healer with resto/s&b, is that fun to play? Hell yeah! But I wouldn't bring that on a vet trial, specially not hm.

Because of xynode, newbies think that's okay and when they actually go to harder content some won't accept the meta and think of the end game players as "toxic elitist" for pushing actual useful sets that they need to use for group synergy.

Honestly, I don't know man, xynode is a really good player (IMO) with his solo runs and stuff but I think the hate for him will be gone if he actually puts a disclaimer that his builds are not for all content and maybe actually do some optimal set-ups.

But I guess that's what sells and as ESO is more and more leaning towards casual play then those builds will become more and more prevalent.
    Edited by temerley on September 30, 2021 1:13PM
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took two DPS well below the 30K threshold through most of the DLC dungeons about a year ago. The most important thing is learning mechanics and group synergy, buffs, debuffs, etc...

From playing so many other MMOs the most important thing to beat content is working as a TEAM to complete the content. Any player or group that focuses on one variable such as your maximum DPS is not worth running with unless you and the group are trying to achieve the top score in a trail. Otherwise I recommend looking for another group.

As someone that prefers running support roles, I find that being a DPS is boring and takes less skill to play from my experience. You simply learn a rotation and after a while it become easy whereas the support roles always seem to have extra stuff to do such as call outs, focus on doing XYZ, etc...
  • temerley
    temerley
    ✭✭✭
    I took two DPS well below the 30K threshold through most of the DLC dungeons about a year ago. The most important thing is learning mechanics and group synergy, buffs, debuffs, etc...

From playing so many other MMOs the most important thing to beat content is working as a TEAM to complete the content. Any player or group that focuses on one variable such as your maximum DPS is not worth running with unless you and the group are trying to achieve the top score in a trail. Otherwise I recommend looking for another group.

You can bring a low dps and still complete content, higher dps just means more comfortable runs, heck you can like basically 3-man most trifecta dungeons and that's called carries.
    As someone that prefers running support roles, I find that being a DPS is boring and takes less skill to play from my experience. You simply learn a rotation and after a while it become easy whereas the support roles always seem to have extra stuff to do such as call outs, focus on doing XYZ, etc...

Ahh, yeah... Don't assume that. DPS needs:

1. Skill and practice to break top damage, tell me it's boring when you have to double cast your boneyard while moving or losing damage cause you missed a light attack for your bow proc. Good dps are skilled.
    2. They need to be mechanically aware of the mechanics while maintaining their damage output.
    3. If they are running support sets, they need to keep that up same as healers/tanks
    4. If they are running bahsei, they need to monitor their mag for max damage (like mk for supports)
    5. If you're gunning for trifecta, mind you, not score but completes. The dps needs to output the best damage while doing mechs, they need to memorize spawn points for pre-damage, they need to know when to save their ults for priority targets.

TBH I find your statement nice but the last part speaks ignorance of the dps role, it's a group effort and every role is hard until you got good experience to execute your duties to the dot.
    Edited by temerley on September 30, 2021 1:43PM
  • Darrett
    Darrett
    ✭✭✭✭

Xynode mechanics guide (except some trial hm) = good, actually one of the best guides except for when pushing like trifectas and stuff.

Imagine a healer with resto/s&b, is that fun to play? Hell yeah! But I wouldn't bring that on a vet trial, specially not hm.

Because of xynode, newbies think that's okay and when they actually go to harder content some won't accept the meta and think of the end game players as "toxic elitist" for pushing actual useful sets that they need to use for group synergy.

Honestly, I don't know man, xynode is a really good player (IMO) with his solo runs and stuff but I think the hate for him will be gone if he actually puts a disclaimer that his builds are not for all content and maybe actually do some optimal set-ups.

But I guess that's what sells and as ESO is more and more leaning towards casual play then those builds will become more and more prevalent.

I can see how not following specific setups could be an issue in trials, but this filters down to dungeon content as well. I avoid trials specifically due to the narrow band of “acceptable” meta, because I want to actually play my character rather than wear what I’m told, stand where I’m told, use the skills I’m told, and generally just perform as a marionette for the raid leader.

I’m fine with not participating in that content since it’s designed for a different audience than me, but you see the same mindset in dungeon content. People don’t like if you’re not a meta setup even in normal dungeons, so you’ll need to grow a thick skin. I’m a healer just as you describe, s&b and resto staff, and can heal/tank most dungeon content without changing much. I get a not-insignificant amount of messages about my setup being trash because I have a shield.

The more that the meta is broken and build options are widened the better.
  • temerley
    temerley
    ✭✭✭
    Darrett wrote: »

I can see how not following specific setups could be an issue in trials, but this filters down to dungeon content as well. I avoid trials specifically due to the narrow band of “acceptable” meta, because I want to actually play my character rather than wear what I’m told, stand where I’m told, use the skills I’m told, and generally just perform as a marionette for the raid leader.

I’m fine with not participating in that content since it’s designed for a different audience than me, but you see the same mindset in dungeon content. People don’t like if you’re not a meta setup even in normal dungeons, so you’ll need to grow a thick skin. I’m a healer just as you describe, s&b and resto staff, and can heal/tank most dungeon content without changing much. I get a not-insignificant amount of messages about my setup being trash because I have a shield.

The more that the meta is broken and build options are widened the better.

Please don't get me wrong, your set-up is not trash and if it's fun you do you.

>wear what I’m told:

For dps, this is so you can output your damage, say bringing out your best potential.
    For healers/tank, this is so you can help the group output more damage to make sure you complete the content comfortably

>stand where I’m told

Yes, this is what doing mechanics are

>use the skills I’m told

You can argue this but say if you're a healer you don't slot s&b skills cause tank can provide that, it's a group effort so trust your team to do their part

>and generally just perform as a marionette for the raid leader.

I mean, if you're not happy that your lead is micromanaging you can find tons of fun raid lead tons of helpful people too

I'm just explaining this, you can play what you want, you can play naked for all I care. But when a group needs to complete a very hard content everyone needs to make an effort to support each other to bring out their full potential cause eventually you'd want to complete that.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »

Very true.
    The race for DPS has made many groups rush for burning the bosses and ignore 1/ possible alternative mechanics to follow and 2/ available defensive strategies.

Mmmhmm.

Got a "trading" guild I'm in that decided they're doing progression. Telling people they need 80K+ min for Craglorn/MoL/HoF. 90k+ min for SS/KA.

Not for a second do any of them go... "Hey, how was everyone doing this before?".
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just explaining this, you can play what you want, you can play naked for all I care. But when a group needs to complete a very hard content everyone needs to make an effort to support each other to bring out their full potential cause eventually you'd want to complete that.

Except people are people, not robots or modules of a computer programme optimized to work together. A raid management (or any other management structure for that matter) does not have to be all vertical and all hierarchy. People can be more efficient by doing how they want than by doing what they're told.
    Finding the proper balance between individual preferences and group synergy is the secret formula of any efficient management, in ESO and elsewhere, and it's not as simple as putting together 8 meta-DD + 2 meta-tanks + 2 meta-healers.

And talking about meta, too many raid leaders and GMs just blindly repeat what they've heard or read and don't have a clue about why this or this is "meta". They just go like "magicka DPS = Siroria (or whatever is currently meta, I don't know)", or "a healer does not go S&B", full stop. That's imho bad management. You may reach good combat parses by adding metas... but there's more than that if you want your group to synergize, have fun, last in the long term, and actually progress.
  • temerley
    temerley
    ✭✭✭
    >Except people are people, not robots or modules of a computer programme optimized to work together.

Except you can do that, see multiple clears of vet dlc hm, trifectas, and stuff.

>A raid management (or any other management structure for that matter) does not have to be all vertical and all hierarchy.

Correct, I mean a raid team would mostly be friends (or at least the ones I'm running with)

>People can be more efficient by doing how they want than by doing what they're told.

Yeah, that's correct but say you need to do vSShm portal and there's a dps check, if a destro+resto/s&b dps can't hit the min dps, they should consider the meta cause that will provide the best dps set-up for them.

>Finding the proper balance between individual preferences and group synergy is the secret formula of any efficient management, in ESO and elsewhere, and it's not as simple as putting together 8 meta-DD + 2 meta-tanks + 2 meta-healers.

Yep, I really wonder why people don't run with friends or at least some friends (unless score pushing)

>And talking about meta, too many raid leaders and GMs just blindly repeat what they've heard or read and don't have a clue about why this or this is "meta". They just go like "magicka DPS = Siroria (or whatever is currently meta, I don't know)", or "a healer does not go S&B", full stop.

Correct

>That's imho bad management.

Yes, but that's efficient. Countless players have tested that meta (see eso-u discord, eso-logs, etc) and collectively agreed/decided/concluded that those provide the best bang for buck. [snip]

>You may reach good combat parses by adding metas... but there's more than that if you want your group to synergize, have fun, last in the long term, and actually progress.

Of course, please don't get me wrong here, anyone can play what they want but there's a ceiling on what can you attain on the content if you're just building for fun, there are checks and gates that needed to get past that the fun builds will be lacking.

[edited for inappropriate content]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 1, 2021 12:43PM
  • Franchise408
    Franchise408
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rudrani wrote: »

You would be incorrect.

30k - 40k can clear any vet content in this game. 60k+ is not necessary. It is only necessary if you want to bypass mechanics / shoot for trifectas / push leaderboards.
  • Franchise408
    Franchise408
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DinoZavr wrote: »

Xynode, lmfao

just out of curiosity, is there any stigma around Xynode?
    I have found many of his videos quite helpful myself.

Except those builds absolutely can be used for endgame content.

Just because they might not be meta / trifecta level doesn't mean they aren't efficient or effective. Meta isn't required in any content to clear.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    >That's imho bad management.
    Yes, but that's efficient.

Bad management is never efficient, at least not in the long term. So unless all one wants is the achievement or title, and never come back...

You misunderstood me (maybe I explained myself badly), I wasn't talking friends vs. hierarchy nor fun playstyle vs. min-maxed playstyle. I was talking "play the way I know I play best" vs. "play the way I'm told", and the correct balancing of those two extremes to reach the best result, both in terms of team results as well as player satisfaction.

[snip]
    [edited for inappropriate content]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 1, 2021 12:44PM
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Meta isn't required in any content to clear.

So what have you cleared in non-meta gear so far?