The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone else lose everything that was in their storage chests?

SirLeeMinion
SirLeeMinion
✭✭✭✭✭
On the one hand, I now have lots of storage space. On the other I'm missing everything that is in every storage chest I own on my main account. All storage chests on both my NA and EU account are now empty. Oddly, the storage chests on some of my alt accounts were not affected.

Ticket#: 210823-005925
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 2, 2023 5:24PM
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    Hello @SirLeeMinion, your ticket is in the right place and will receive a response as soon as an agent is available.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!
  • Noerra
    Noerra
    ✭✭✭
    This happened to me too!

I lost so many items,... I store tons of stuff at my house and I couldn't play my dk tonight because the Items I was going to equip him with are gone....
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This has also happened to me, I had lost millions of gold worth of farmed materials as well as most of my antiquities.

We need this fixed, I have lost so much stuff that at the current moment I have lost the will to do anything ingame.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on August 24, 2021 1:37PM
  • Smoky
    Smoky
    ✭✭✭
    Wow this is not good, I hope you get your stuff back!
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Coming from the thread in the General to say it hit me too.

I seem to remember swapping out some sets in the chests yesterday morning - I was wearing my dungeon gear and then swapped to my solo/PvP stuff, then I swapped back right before running the new dungeons. Ran them, then I installed a few addons, deleted and remade a character, logged out for an hour and a half or so, and then came back to find my chests empty.

Really problematic since there are some important sets I kept in my chests and they just vanished into Oblivion, along with a few unique named drops which I'd been hunting down for a while. Now I only have the gear I'm wearing, and I can't reasonably reconstruct/improve all the sets I did have in there in a short amount of time.

In the General Discussion thread, it seems a lot of people are saying they deleted characters before the bug hit. I tried but could not recreate this on PTS.

Here's hoping that I can get my stuff back and it's not gone forever. Between losing my leads and codex entries yesterday and then losing all of my sets a few hours later, I'm really bummed out about playing right now... :(
  • xTAKISx
    xTAKISx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue and have lost ALL of my furniture items and antiquities I placed in them as well. How can a patch destroy so much of the game?
  • cnyanes
    cnyanes
    ✭✭✭
    xTAKISx wrote: »
    I have the same issue and have lost ALL of my furniture items and antiquities I placed in them as well. How can a patch destroy so much of the game?

Isn't that what always happens? I haven't been playing lately... guess I'll have to log back in and see if my stuff has been snatched by the Cat of Springfield too.
    PC NA @cnyanes
    Cin'onyx - Khajiit Werewolf Nightblade
    Clothe Senay - Breton Vampire Sorcerer
    Dannelen Deldúwath - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Shuzug gro-Bharg - Orsimer Templar
    Nathsandra Rivervale - Bosmer Warden
    Heals-All-Creatutres (Hest-Leel) - Argonian Templar
    Ancarion Larethion - Altmer Vampire Necromancer
    Jair Ababneh - Redguard Nightblade
    Olfina the White - Nord Werewolf Dragonknight
    Teo Moslin - Imperial Warden
  • barbraanne
    barbraanne
    Soul Shriven
    I lost all of my storage too, all 8 of my coffers were full, then all empty. I hope the hotfix works.
  • xTAKISx
    xTAKISx
    ✭✭✭✭
    When will this hotfix take place, storage chests are still empty.
  • Noerra
    Noerra
    ✭✭✭
    "We have completed the hotfix that resolves an issue where players on the #ESO PC/Mac & Stadia servers could find the contents of their housing storage chests missing after deleting a low-level character. We have also turned on character deletion once more. "

From the Twitter page... they completed a hotfix but apparently it hasn't been implemented yet? I still don't have my stuff....

Well maybe the hotfix just keeps others from losing their stuff too... because the other tweet is:

"We are still investigating a fix for players who have already encountered this issue and are missing storage chest contents. Thank you for your patience."

Yeah that seems to be what it is...

thx to the ZoS team for getting on it so fast and dealing with out neurotic behavior.

Honestly... just because I see so much criticism towards ZoS... they do a pretty darn good job... I played WoW a lot at endgame... ESO is 10x more functional in my opinion and enjoyable to play.

Performance in cyrodiil definitely an issue though... literally my only complaint though.
  • barbraanne
    barbraanne
    Soul Shriven
    yeah i think they did the hotfix so that no more people would lose their storage, but for those of us that are still without our items, we are still in the dark.
  • Noerra
    Noerra
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting question:

If they are unable to recover the items, what do you think would be a fair compensation?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    An update has been posted here regarding the storage chests. The issue is now hotfixed and should no longer happen, however we are still investigating a fix for players who have already encountered this issue and are missing the contents of their housing storage chests.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Noerra wrote: »
    Interesting question:

If they are unable to recover the items, what do you think would be a fair compensation?

Hopefully not a pet, something like 15 free crown crates IDK but ZOS has to consider that some people may have spent crowns and therefore real money on some of the items they put in their storage.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on August 25, 2021 11:01PM
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is sad is this happened on PTS years ago when storage chests were introduced. Bug was also tied to deleting characters. Now this still happens in a dungeon dlc. Glad I was scared away by that bug initially back in the day!
    PC-NA
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    What is sad is this happened on PTS years ago when storage chests were introduced. Bug was also tied to deleting characters. Now this still happens in a dungeon dlc. Glad I was scared away by that bug initially back in the day!
    It happened on LIVE a couple years ago not just PTS

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noerra wrote: »
    Interesting question:

Hopefully not a pet, something like 15 free crown crates IDK but ZOS has to consider that some people may have spent crowns and therefore real money on some of the items they put in their storage.

I've been thinking on this a bit as well. Unfortunately, I not only deleted a character but recreated one with the same name - on both the NA and EU servers. Better yet, since I wanted to be sure it wasn't a UI error before posting a bug report, I placed a new item in one of my chests to see if it disappeared, too. RIP. Just the yellow and purple jewelry sets I'd have to re-create on my main account would run north of 15 Million. I don't even know what else was lost. 15 Crates wouldn't begin to cover it.

Still, I must say, ZOS replied immediately and fixed the bug quickly. Further, I have had nothing but positive experiences with the ESO support team over the years.
  • barbraanne
    barbraanne
    Soul Shriven
    Glad you got your issues fixed right away, it's been days and i have gotten nothing.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barbraanne wrote: »
    Glad you got your issues fixed right away, it's been days and i have gotten nothing.

Oh, I haven't gotten anything back yet. They simply fixed the bug that was causing the original issue. I did, however, receive an email that says the items will be returned on 8/31. So, that's encouraging.
  • barbraanne
    barbraanne
    Soul Shriven
    i have not even gotten an email
  • Noerra
    Noerra
    ✭✭✭
    I have not gotten an e-mail yet either.

yeah 15 crown crates is nothing though xD wouldn't even begin to cover the losses... I guess value is subjective though, I don't really care about cosmetics that much... Cosmetics doesn't translate into player power... which I lost by losing the items in my storage.

If I couldn't get my items back, I would want something like... I dunno .... selection to 20 items of my choosing or something that are limited to what is available via my collections.... I lost over ~150 items mostly purple some gold... but I guess selection to 20 items of purple or gold quality or something could feel equal...

The main disappointment for me is that I was so excited to gear my new 50 dk but couldn't because my gear disappeared... and it turns out I didn't like the new build I was trying out on my NightBlade and can't go back to my old build because the items are gone... and I got my Templar Tank... but I'm really into pvp right now and don't really want to tank dungeons...

sooooo none of my 50s I really want to play right now :(

I'm a little sad logging in right now... I want to play my 50s so bad, but I'm basically waiting for a response of whether I will get my gear back or not... If we arn't I'll suck it up and start farming gear again and waste my transmute stones on recreating some items Q_Q ---- and I say "waste" my transmute stones deliberately... because I would rather use those for moving forward not having to clean up the mess this bug/glitch created.

On the up side.... I'm leveling a Warden in the meantime and am really enjoying it so that is cool....

But I just really want my gear back more than anything else.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    barbraanne wrote: »

Oh, I haven't gotten anything back yet. They simply fixed the bug that was causing the original issue. I did, however, receive an email that says the items will be returned on 8/31. So, that's encouraging.

Ooh, I haven't gotten an email like that.

Honestly if I just had a date, that'd be great at this point. I have about two prog groups that run over the weekend, and I don't have the transmutes or gold mats to reconstruct 15+ set pieces since this bug ate them. I can wait, but I hate to leave my guildies hanging.

I'm guessing they might need to go through a backup manually to find out what got eaten and then probably also manually backfill it all for us - I can see why that'd take a while. It's an obscure enough bug that it didn't affect the majority of the playerbase since it only affected people who had storage chests filled AND had a low-level character to delete AND decided to delete a character on that specific day, but that also means a rollback is out of the question so it'll probably be a manual fix. And this isn't something like them just sending us a mail in-game with the missing stuff, since we could have lost up to 360 items, not including stacks.

I know one of my chests was just sentimental stuff so I honestly wouldn't miss it much. I also had 4 chests of maps and surveys, so I can't remember which exactly I had outside of knowing the general zones. But I do know all 29 of the items I had in my prog group chest, and a handful of the other important things in another chest. I know the two things I'm most concerned about are my named Lord Warden sword and board - I love the talking shield, and I'd been hunting his unique named sword for ages. To get it one week and then it disappears into Oblivion the next... that hurt.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that this thread keeps sinking off the page with 0 views and no replies. Anyhow, here is the body of the mail I received. BTW, if you haven't submitted a ticket, you should do so. Text Follows:

Greetings,
    You have been identified as an ESO account holder impacted by a recent issue that resulted in the deletion of items stored in Home storage furnishings (such as coffers or chests). We have completed a hotfix that resolves this issue, and we will restore any lost items during maintenance on Tuesday, August 31st.
    Note that when restoring these items, it will completely replace any items currently in your Home storage. If you have added new items to your Home storage since the deletion of your earlier ones, please remove them and place them in your character or Bank storage instead. This will ensure they are not lost when we restore the original items.
    Once the restoration is complete on Tuesday, August 31, you will be able to use your Home storage as normal. If any further issues related to this fix and restoration occurs, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support team.
    Warmest Regards,
    Elder Scrolls Online Support Team

• Noerra
    Noerra
    ✭✭✭
    Will I be included? :neutral: I didn't get the e-mail that said I was identified as an ESO accounter holder impacted by this.

/sad -> /cry -> /acceptance ->/quits video games -> /goes to college -> /become doctor -> /cure cancer -> /stop day dreaming -> /send another ticket to ZoS, "PLEEEEEASE Q_Q I NEED MY STUFF" -> /continue to live in mom's basement...
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting that this thread keeps sinking off the page with 0 views and no replies. Anyhow, here is the body of the mail I received. BTW, if you haven't submitted a ticket, you should do so. Text Follows:

Greetings,
    You have been identified as an ESO account holder impacted by a recent issue that resulted in the deletion of items stored in Home storage furnishings (such as coffers or chests). We have completed a hotfix that resolves this issue, and we will restore any lost items during maintenance on Tuesday, August 31st.
    Note that when restoring these items, it will completely replace any items currently in your Home storage. If you have added new items to your Home storage since the deletion of your earlier ones, please remove them and place them in your character or Bank storage instead. This will ensure they are not lost when we restore the original items.
    Once the restoration is complete on Tuesday, August 31, you will be able to use your Home storage as normal. If any further issues related to this fix and restoration occurs, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support team.
    Warmest Regards,
    Elder Scrolls Online Support Team

Oh that's nice to hear. Hoping I'll get a message like that too.

But it makes me feel a bit better to see a date attached to that. Here's hoping we'll all get our stuff back on Tuesday.
  • barbraanne
    barbraanne
    Soul Shriven
    i did not get any email saying anything, and i filed a ticket just minutes after this happened to me. I hope that i am included in the fix on the 31st.
  • Majia
    Majia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't get any email yet regarding fix on 31th. I really hope they fix mine as well @ZOS_BillE
    #210824-004222
    Amélie Kara - Magicka Templer - PC EU
    Makellose Eroberin - Die Entfesselte - Geistschlächterin

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." (Terry Pratchett)
  • Noerra
    Noerra
    ✭✭✭
    Majia wrote: »
    I didn't get any email yet regarding fix on 31th. I really hope they fix mine as well @ZOS_BillE
    #210824-004222

same same!!!
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    @Majia, we checked in on your ticket and your most recent update was received. Someone will be reaching out to you soon.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post