The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Add a separate Deathmatch queue for Battlegrounds!

• Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    Or at least make it 33% chance for DM.

nctbgozpfbhg.png

Whoa, where do u see that info?
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

nctbgozpfbhg.png

Whoa, where do u see that info?

You can install the addon PvP meter.
    Because I can!
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nctbgozpfbhg.png

It really does seem like deathmatch occurs significantly less than even 20%.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magio_ wrote: »
    you’ll never fill flag games

Why is this a bad thing? The game shouldn't force people to play game modes they don't want to play. Flag games are boring and clearly the majority of the BG population agrees.

Even an objective gamer like yourself can't deny that the only queues that will die are objective mode queues, and for good reason. They're straight garbage.

Yeah, adding more queues will split the playerbase, but we know the vast majority will go to Deathmatch queues. Dead game modes should just be scrapped.

Tell me one reason why it's a good idea to keep a dead game mode alive artificially by forcing people that don't want to be there to queue into it?

Because the mode is only really dead if you’re allowing it and there are players out there who want to do it. Either they like it or they want the achievements.

The same analogous argument could be made for “take DLC dungeons out of the daily randoms”. I’m doing so you shrink the pool of possible players to experience said content and disenfranchise those looking for groups to complete. I myself would have never gotten into DLC dungeons if a random didn’t throw me in Imperial City Prison back in the day.

The BG community on all of the ESO servers is a niche community and has been for years. It’s the same individuals who basically only play those modes at the top and a few Cyrodiil players. Because of the that the skill gap between them and casuals has become a serious gulf to which new players don’t join. Eventually the BG diehards end up leaving and the mode becomes truly dead. This was exactly what was happening with BGs before interventions.

You have statistically a 1 in 5 chance of the game deciding on putting you into a random BG that’s a deathmatch. Now you want to funnel and skew that so that it’s more likely you get deathmatch and rarely get the others, others which aren’t focused on just killing because that monotonized play so bad that people were already leaving (you can just go to Cyrodiil for that).
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they absolutely insist on keeping the queues as is, they should at least increase deathmatch chance to like 50%. Maybe then there will be less incentive to build a tank for bgs.

Those opposed to a deathmatch queue or increasing deathmatch chance shouldn't complain when their teammates or opponents just deathmatch every game.
    Edited by GetAgrippa on July 19, 2021 8:43PM
  • Magio_
    Magio_
    ✭✭✭✭
    The same analogous argument could be made for “take DLC dungeons out of the daily randoms”. I’m doing so you shrink the pool of possible players to experience said content and disenfranchise those looking for groups to complete. I myself would have never gotten into DLC dungeons if a random didn’t throw me in Imperial City Prison back in the day.

[Snip]. Who's saying to take away Objective Modes away from the Random Queue? Imagine if they removed the ability to choose a specific dungeon, so to play the content you want to play you have to suffer through Random Dungeon queue to finally get into the dungeon you want. That's what they did to us.

Deathmatch players got it the worst since now there's only a 1/5 chance. Objective gamers are usually content on any of the other modes. 50% DM chance would be actually fair to the majority, and that's not even considering that most BG players queued for DM back when we had the ability to choose the mode.

[Edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on July 20, 2021 1:31PM
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those who don't remember you used to be able to choose between a random BG or one of the game modes. Non DM modes were grouped together.

Seemed to work okay back then.
    Edited by DrSlaughtr on July 19, 2021 9:24PM
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Dayhjawk
    Dayhjawk
    ✭✭✭
    Changes I would like to see, is the default BG que be solo not group. It sucks when you solo que and get into a BG with premade groups, and I would also like to see that the achievements for BGs fixed. I have gotten 0 credit towards certain achievements like kills, capture pts, and relic, from last midyear and this bug is still going on. I think some balance needs to be looked at in terms of dmg, healing, etc. cuz seems like everyone is running around as bow, 2h, and tanky doing 5k+ dmg, or 3x 5k dmg. I think the healing nerf when compared to how tanky players are and how much damage they are doing is outdated and needs to be looked at. Maybe putting in a cap on certain stats like crit, or making it scale different above cetain points or something. I love BGs, but you keep running up again the same wall, some premade group that is tanky and basically never dies, sweeping the game, while everyone else is locked down and can't do anything so people start leaving the game and you just wasted all that time because you solo qued into a game with a premade powerhouse. The time it takes to get back into the game if you die is always all over the board. Sometimes you pop right back up, other times you have to wait 20s before you can get back in. Just standardize the time it takes to get back into the game.

I would love to see where we can que into the BG that we enjoy playing, but I rather see the above changes first.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And further split a player base from engaging in all BG modes. This is what got us to where we are today, catering to a small minority of die hards that are super focused on one type of play essentially disenfranchising every other player. It’s not like this subset hasn’t already tried to turn other BG modes into kill-fests.

There just aren’t enough active BG players to do this properly. You’ll basically change the random bg into a guaranteed deathmatch every time as you’ll never fill flag games except with the same small group of ppl.

Yeah... so what? I get to play the mode I want and you get to play the mode you want. Why am I forced to play a game mode I completely despise?
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Please, yes. It's clearly upsetting for both groups of players. There's no point in forcing two such wildly opposing play styles into the same games, it just poisons the community.

Yes... it’s gotten completely toxic for the entire player base. I’m guilty of completely ignoring objectives except for Deathmatch.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magio_ wrote: »
    you’ll never fill flag games

Why is this a bad thing? The game shouldn't force people to play game modes they don't want to play. Flag games are boring and clearly the majority of the BG population agrees.

Even an objective gamer like yourself can't deny that the only queues that will die are objective mode queues, and for good reason. They're straight garbage.

Yeah, adding more queues will split the playerbase, but we know the vast majority will go to Deathmatch queues. Dead game modes should just be scrapped.

Tell me one reason why it's a good idea to keep a dead game mode alive artificially by forcing people that don't want to be there to queue into it?

Agreed. “Play as you want” is the ESO slogan. Do it ZOS. Please.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We've had to remove a few non-constructive and baiting comments. We know people will not always agree and many of you will share different opinions, but please remember that being rude to your fellow community members is against our forum rules and not in the spirit of our game.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on July 20, 2021 1:25PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • FreeMaN_A
    FreeMaN_A
    ✭✭✭
    GetAgrippa wrote: »
    If they absolutely insist on keeping the queues as is, they should at least increase deathmatch chance to like 50%.

No. Like an objective player i would just leave and wait another match if half of the matches will be DM. Return us choice. I`ll prefer to wait longer but not to play with people who just kill players and ignore the objective.

Btw another solution. When the match is found add an information about game mode, so people who absolutely dislike that type of match can decline.
    Edited by FreeMaN_A on July 21, 2021 8:27PM
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FreeMaN_A wrote: »
    GetAgrippa wrote: »
    If they absolutely insist on keeping the queues as is, they should at least increase deathmatch chance to like 50%.

No. Like an objective player i would just leave and wait another match if half of the matches will be DM. Return us choice. I`ll prefer to wait longer but not to play with people who just kill players and ignore the objective.

Btw another solution. When the match is found add an information about game mode, so people who absolutely dislike that type of match can decline.

That is just a worse version of specific queues. Keep queueing until you get the mode you want. Why not just queue directly into that mode?
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This thread is not going well. Are you listening ZOS?????
  • DARKSTER1
    DARKSTER1
    ✭✭
    At the people who want a separate deathmatch queue: i agree with this. I hate the mode so i don't really want to play it either.
    At the people who ask death match chance to get increased: how about no? I'm sick of this 0 skill 0 strategy mode that the only 2 things you need is:
    1) a healer in your team and BOOM you won the game effortlessly
    2) 4 people grabbing 1 other person and beating them up. And somehow this less skillful gameplay gets rewarded in that mode.....
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With New World coming out this game is effectively ending for several pvp focused players I know, at least temporarily, and one of the main factors (besides the unresponsive game engine) is the lack of selectable death match
    Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With New World coming out this game is effectively ending for several pvp focused players I know, at least temporarily, and one of the main factors (besides the unresponsive game engine) is the lack of selectable death match

You said a taboo word, Ali. In before lock XD
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Competition is healthy for the MMO genre.
    Edited by Skoomah on July 23, 2021 3:33PM
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring back the original queue modality and scrap this one
  • Eevee_42
    Eevee_42
    ✭✭✭✭
    And further split a player base from engaging in all BG modes. This is what got us to where we are today, catering to a small minority of die hards that are super focused on one type of play essentially disenfranchising every other player. It’s not like this subset hasn’t already tried to turn other BG modes into kill-fests.

There just aren’t enough active BG players to do this properly. You’ll basically change the random bg into a guaranteed deathmatch every time as you’ll never fill flag games except with the same small group of ppl.

Actually, if you really want to know how we got to this point, it is because the devs decided to cater to ultra casual players who blamed all of their shortcomings on “premades”, so the group queue was removed. Then ZOS realized the BG community was probably going to die without a group queue, so the brought it back, but made it so pvp players couldn’t pick their game mode. Objective modes aren’t really about pvp, but building into being ultra speedy or tanky and avoiding fights.

If the objective game modes are not popular enough to fill on their own, people who mainly enjoy pvp in BGs shouldn’t be punished for this by being forced to play them. Keep them a part of a daily random queue and add better rewards/incentives and they would fill up quickly.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A deathmatch only que benefits objective players just as much as dm players because they don’t have to deal with people ignoring objectives in every single match

Objective players know that deep down inside, if given the choice of bg game mode, they are the ones that will be dealing with 30 min queues because the majority of pvpers want to actually pvp.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7.1.2 - bummer
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭

nctbgozpfbhg.png

How do you see this.

Edit: nvm I see, an add on. Another cool thing for PC players only. Not like us console players would like to see our BG stats 🙃
    Edited by ImSoPro on July 27, 2021 11:19AM
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    A deathmatch only que benefits objective players just as much as dm players because they don’t have to deal with people ignoring objectives in every single match

Objective players know that deep down inside, if given the choice of bg game mode, they are the ones that will be dealing with 30 min queues because the majority of pvpers want to actually pvp.

Biggest largest of facts
  • Xahran
    Xahran
    ✭✭
    BGs already has 10 mins queues in non-peak hours. You want to turn them into 1+ hour queues? Because I would rather have any BG mode rather than not having BG at all and it technically dying. Maybe they should make it like you have a 60% chance to get a deathmatch and 40% chance for the other modes but splitting queues will just kill BG for everyone.
    Edited by Xahran on July 28, 2021 8:27AM
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xahran wrote: »
    BGs already has 10 mins queues in non-peak hours. You want to turn them into 1+ hour queues? Because I would rather have any BG mode rather than not having BG at all and it technically dying. Maybe they should make it like you have a 60% chance to get a deathmatch and 40% chance for the other modes but splitting queues will just kill BG for everyone.

So you’re admitting there are game modes that don’t have enough interest by the player base, and that were artificially keeping them alive?

Which game mode(s) do you think it is?
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some of us just like to end the evening after running dungeons or whatever with a quick go into a group bg just for laughs. No change to gear or anything, or roles, just four mates having fun.

We try & play the objectives, which can be difficult if other teams are treating every single bg as a death match. But if we get in with one of those groups, we just laugh at them as they will rarely win the actual match.

Was in a guild where people would post their kills from bg, even if not a dm, thinking it made them look impressive. But it just made them look foolish & annoying.

So I wish those playing bg could chose - not all of us want death matches as some of us like playing the objectives. And keep the groups as otherwise takes away the fun of playing with friends.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Xahran wrote: »

So you’re admitting there are game modes that don’t have enough interest by the player base, and that were artificially keeping them alive?

Which game mode(s) do you think it is?

I second this, it really says alot about what the community wants. Zos should maybe do something as simple as add a deathmatch queue?
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

We used to have three options.

Random which can be anything. Here you get your big XP bump for finishing in 2nd or 1st.

Then you had DM.

Then you had a choice of flag games or chaos/relic.

There were no issues queuing for non DM modes. I don't remember waiting any longer if I queued for flags over DM, and I did often because some of my characters are better for those modes.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr