The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

This forum appears to be broken for half the people in the world

fred4
fred4
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Symptom: Every forum page only shows the dark, textured background and no content.

Workaround: Press F12 in Firefox. On the Inspector tab, middle section, search for "visibility" and disable (via tick box) the following rule:

body { style-compat.css:21
visibility: hidden;
}

Note: This workaround must be applied again and again for every page you visit. I am only able to make this post, because I have done so for this page. It's not a long-term solution. ZOS, please fix. This has been broken for days and if it wasn't for finding the workaround on Reddit, this forum would for all intents and purposes be dead. I am writing from Ireland, but I have VPNd into UK and US to no avail. I also talked to a player in a different country who uses Chrome and who has the same issues. Forum must be working for some, because a thread I started has accumulated a bunch of responses, however the problem appears to be widespread.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on July 5, 2021 6:12PM
PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm that many, many people in cyrodiil zone chat are suffering from this as well. Seems to be a shared Firefox compatibility issue.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now that I've figured out how to access this forum again - the easiest way for me was to disable JavaScript totally, as I had NoScript already installed - it's not just a Firefox issue. There are multiple threads, here and on reddit. All browsers appear to be affected.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://lmclan.weebly.com/home/eso-forums-will-not-load-solved

You can fix it permanently without disabling JS.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    rbfrgsp wrote: »
    Can confirm that many, many people in cyrodiil zone chat are suffering from this as well. Seems to be a shared Firefox compatibility issue.

To confirm what was posted above, I only use Chrome, and the forums are bugged for me on both iOS and PC.
  • GreneBene
    GreneBene
    ✭✭
    Thanks for this thread, I was starting to think I was going mad.
    Both Firefox and Chrome are the same for me. I've been able to access the forum on my mobile, however.
    Edited by GreneBene on July 3, 2021 3:33PM
  • Aram500
    Aram500
    ✭✭
    Thankyou. I can at last get back on here. Worked for me on Chrome, not tried Firefox as yet :0
  • Iscariah
    Iscariah
    Soul Shriven
    It's utterly ridiculous that after at least a week this bug still isn't fixed! Come on ZOS........ :/
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always go on the forum via my smartphone. And I never have any problems.
    Maybe that is a better solution for people that have a smartphone until they fixed it.
  • Armanie
    Armanie
    ✭✭✭
    On Firefox, type about:config in adress bar, click on confirm
    Search for javascript.enabled, click on button on the right to disable

On iPhone: settings -> safari -> advanced settings -> disable javascript
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    With multiple threads discussing forum issues we are going to close this thread. You can find updates on the situation in the discussion below.

Are there issues with the desktop site with the forums?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.