The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Soul Trap gets reset and steals skill points (incident 201102-003665)

Adremal
Adremal
✭✭✭✭
Hello,
As per subject, when I logged in today after the patch I noticed my Devouring Trap skill was gone from the skill bar, and that Soul Trap was back at level 1. No skill points was refunded for the morph. So I quickly leveled it up again and morphed it again, spending another skill point in it. I then changed some morphs (but not that one) and once again Soul Trap morph vanished, and Soul Trap reset to level I. Skill points were not refunded, so I've been "stolen" 2 skill points for the Devouring Trap morphs. Incident ticket number is: 201102-003665
Anyone else experienced the same issue? Is the team aware of the issue?
Thanks in advance for the answers.
  • Thala
    Thala
    I had exactly the same issue, but after I saw that the game didn't returned the skill point and no other members on my guild had that problem, I just ignored the ability until they fix it.

Pretty annoying, becouse i use it almost everyday when Im running around the world. :/
  • TheMissPsyche
    TheMissPsyche
    Soul Shriven
    Same happen to me.
  • TESO_sb
    TESO_sb
    ✭✭✭
    The most interesting thing is that in the other mprph everything is fine and it did not reset (which gives AOE)
  • TheMissPsyche
    TheMissPsyche
    Soul Shriven
    So I morphed my Soul Trap again to Soul Splitting Trap and skill reseted again to Soul Trap I and I don't get any Skill Point back.
  • Ghostbustersaurus
    Ghostbustersaurus
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem here.
  • Ghostbustersaurus
    Ghostbustersaurus
    Soul Shriven
    Anytime I relog and enter a pvp area my soul trap's progression and morph gets reset without giving me a skill point back.
    I already lost three skill points and will not touch this abilty again until it's fixed.
    Edited by Ghostbustersaurus on November 3, 2020 12:24AM
  • Ladayen
    Ladayen
    This is a known issue.

For anyone else who reads this dont do anything to your skills. Just leave it be and Zos will fix it eventually.

If you've already tried to morph and lost skills points you'll have to put in a ticket and wait.
  • Dakeyras
    Dakeyras
    I have got same but with Werewolf transformation...
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got a rather disconcerting answer thanking me for contacting the support about the Werewolf Ultimate (which I didn't, this is about Soul Trap, I realize the issue is similar but still). I was pointed to a thread where it's advised not to re-morph the WW Ultimate or points might be lost. My question now is... are those points going to be lost forever? They shouldn't be, because it should be easy to track how many skill points a character is supposed to have (quests completed, group events done, skyshards). But in the worst case scenario it'd mean several characters (evidently I'm not the only one with the same issue) will be down several points permanently, which I find mind highly worrying.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As posted above, the issue you are encounter is known and being looked into. You can find updates in our post here about known issues on PC.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has happened to me too!!! I morphed to Consuming Soul Trap and when I relogged onto that character, it wasn't on my bar anymore, had been completed deleveled and deMorphed and my skillpoint went missing...
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also yes, my WW transformation on ALL my WW characters has done the same and demorphed and completely unleveled back to the lowest which means ALL those skillpoints are gone too!!!
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much all of my characters sill have Soul trap unmoprhed, no skill point refund and unleveled due to the bug :(
    Edited by noblecron on November 17, 2020 3:47PM
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    noblecron wrote: »
    Pretty much all of my characters sill have Soul trap unmoprhed, no skill point refund and unleveled due to the bug :(

Yep, and it's still like that even after all that time. I remorphed Soul Trap after the bug was fixed but I still didn't get my skill point back.
    That annoying dude on PC-EU.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    With this thread now being a few months old, the discussion is going to be closed. If there are no recent threads you are welcome to start a new discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.