Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Werewolf Ultimate reseted to base version

• stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ganzaeso wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker

Any word on a hot fix for this bug? I have way too many characters that will be affected by this and really do not want to keep track of which characters need skill points refunded.

we really wish to have an eta, i wan't to play my werewolf to farm and i don't want to loose more skills points, this is still unacceptable that it was reported on test and went live... do you guys read posted on test?
    Options
  • Tehuantl
    Tehuantl
    ✭✭
    I am aware of the werewolf ultimate resetting bug as I mentioned before in this thread. I am also aware of a soul trap bug. I have also heard there is a similar critical surge issue as well that is causing it to reset like the other two. I am not sure if this means anything, but I have critical surge at full level and did not lose the levels or morph like I did my werewolf ability. I have rezoned many many times, a dungeon, some questing, and a lot of relogging. It is still at IV.

Only difference that I can tell is its not on my bar. It may mean nothing, but weirder things have happened and I have been dealing with the brutal pounce issue were it stops responding in its current spot on the ability bar. I usually just swap it to another spot on my bar until it happens again, and I rinse and repeat.

As of right now I plopped in some other skills to make due since werewolf is on hold. Not how I want to play, but since I have a large amount of abilities I can do a lot of moving around. I do hope I stand a chance of getting my 2 skill points back.

Here is a current picture of critical surge still unchanged. (knock on a wood...elf)

29v598j21m4d.png

Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Console player here so I am not sure what is going on, but you are mentioning skills that are not werewolf skills. Are they only affected if that character is a werewolf or does this bug go beyond that?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Tehuantl
    Tehuantl
    ✭✭
    Console player here so I am not sure what is going on, but you are mentioning skills that are not werewolf skills. Are they only affected if that character is a werewolf or does this bug go beyond that?

It is not just the werewolf ultimate for werewolves. It is Soul trap morph for others who are not wolves, and Critical surge is a Sorcerer ability not ultimate.

Hope this helps.
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tehuantl wrote: »

It is not just the werewolf ultimate for werewolves. It is Soul trap morph for others who are not wolves, and Critical surge is a Sorcerer ability not ultimate.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I like to keep up on these things to know if I might be affected when the update hits consoles.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Achiiyoo
    Achiiyoo
    Soul Shriven
    i have lost 2 or 3 points to the werewolf ultimate reset bug.
    Options
  • TheOriginalMrT
    ah crap i thought it was just for markath dlc. I guess its for everyone. mine reset too :(
    Options
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azmarul wrote: »
    This also happened to me when I logged on to my main character today. Going to wait to log onto an alt who is a ww until they figure out the bug. Thx for sharing all so I know it's not just me!

Wouldn't worry too much about it. Just play with the baseline version of the skill. Once it's fixed, I see no issue in getting those skill point(s) etc. back. Just give them some time to fix it properly.
    Options
  • Hexvaldr
    Hexvaldr
    ✭✭✭
    Smaxx wrote: »
    This also happened to me when I logged on to my main character today. Going to wait to log onto an alt who is a ww until they figure out the bug. Thx for sharing all so I know it's not just me!

Wouldn't worry too much about it. Just play with the baseline version of the skill. Once it's fixed, I see no issue in getting those skill point(s) etc. back. Just give them some time to fix it properly.

Good point, ty!
    Options
  • DimTh
    DimTh
    ✭✭
    I have also this problem, also i have tried to keep my morph again but no, i have done it 2 times,
    now missing 2 skill points from me....what will happen with this bug? Also i hope to don't lose our skill points...
    Options
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    DimTh wrote: »
    I have also this problem, also i have tried to keep my morph again but no, i have done it 2 times,
    now missing 2 skill points from me....what will happen with this bug? Also i hope to don't lose our skill points...
    I'm sure that they will be reimbursting our skill points, but right now they are saying not to morph any affected skills. That being the Werewolf Ultimate, Soul Trap and maybe Critical Surge (although this last one isn't flagged as an issue yet according to the knowledge database).
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
    Options
  • redsaaryn
    redsaaryn
    ✭✭
    I permanently lost 2-3 skill points with this bug, I hope they give me my skill points back and that they also fix the ultimate. As a khajiit I can't live without my doggie dog transformation :(
    Options
  • redsaaryn
    redsaaryn
    ✭✭
    Smaxx wrote: »

Are they going to add the lost skill points to the affected players accounts? Because for what I know, those skill points lost are lost forever otherwise, unless there's a secret way to farm unlimited skill points (if there's one please pm the method :o )

Options
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lost 1 skill point as well - my Werewolf Berserker morph just disappeared from the bar after switching characters and the base skill got reverted to lvl 1, 0 exp.

Just curious if and how ZOS will compensate lost skillpoints once they fix it - doubt they will add skill points to specific characters or modify morphs.
    Edited by perfiction on November 3, 2020 10:55PM
    Options
  • Darcwolf
    Darcwolf
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem with werewolf. I discovered it in imperial city though. Went to switch to WW mid fight and it was gone.
    Options
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Theoretically game knows how many skill points every character should have - in database there all information about collected skyshards, finished quests, Cyrodill rank, etc. Also game knows how many skills and morphs are active so it easy to check how many points you gathered, how many you spent and how many should left. All that we need when bug will be fixed, is recalculate skill points for every character and correct if someone have missing points. From technical point of view there shouldn't be big problem with this, but on other hand... this is ZOS :expressionless:

For now I'm afraid to login to my alts :P
    Edited by Luke_Flamesword on November 3, 2020 11:24PM
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
    Options
  • UNKNOWN1980
    UNKNOWN1980
    Soul Shriven
    lol i just got the game buy a bite in the crown store put in around 20 hours download the update just to brick my character my only character almost all my skills in werewolf back to level 1 my two handed skill level 1 and i get a email saying not to reset my skill that i might lose a skill SO YEAH. i feel bad for the people that have hundreds of hours in there characters
    Options
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me twice. I remorphed the first time and lost the skill point, the second time I knew better than to morph it, since I don’t trust it to function correctly. I’ll just not log in on my main until it’s fixed.
    Options
  • gdennet
    gdennet
    Soul Shriven
    I guess I should be thankful my wolf isn't too high level, but did lose the point :(
    Options
  • Eztly_Koji
    Will affected people get their skill points back? Some players lose 5-6 skill points with that bug...
    GL HF
    Options
  • Koramik
    Koramik
    ✭✭
    Yes please get this fixed ESO. Lost skill points and ultimate reset. Patiently waiting.
    Options
  • BellaDCopular
    BellaDCopular
    ✭✭
    I was one of the poor fools who assumed that it was reverted due to a change in markath and just went about remorphing it after ranking up, hopefully they'll refund that skillpoint.
    Let us hide vampirsm with a "none" option in the collections menu, let us hide every piece of armor in the outfit station, at the very least let us hide shoulders belts, and gloves please zos I just wana run around as a prisoner without having to find a belt or shoulderpads that fit
    Options
  • Saltum
    Saltum
    Soul Shriven
    Also affected by the bug, Werewolf Transformation is now on level 1 after having been on Pack Leader level 4.
    Options
  • flavyx
    flavyx
    Soul Shriven
    Yep, lost 2 skillpoints. It is quite a major bug. Hopefully I will get them back.
    Options
  • MrPowow
    MrPowow
    I too lost some skill points buying and re-buying the werewolf morph, since I was unaware of this bug and leveling a few skill lines on a new build. Will the points be refunded? (even the original one was lost) How to proceed from here?
    I am also concerned about all my other characters and various morphs including soul trap and the others mentioned in this thread and others...
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey all, we have an update for you about this issue. Today we finished testing a fix, which we were able to add to our upcoming incremental patch scheduled for November 16 (this isn't something we're able to hotfix, so this is the soonest we can get it out to everyone).

As for any missing skill points, these will automatically be added back to your account during maintenance on the 16th, whether it's a single skill point or multiples. For anyone lurking in this thread that plays on console, this should not be an issue when Update 28 launches for you.

Thanks again for everyone's patience here.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you

- the lurker
    ;)
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • MrPowow
    MrPowow
    Thank you for the feedback.
    Options
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update Gina, looking forward to seeing this fixed.
    Today we finished testing a fix, which we were able to add to our upcoming incremental patch scheduled for November 16 (this isn't something we're able to hotfix, so this is the soonest we can get it out to everyone).
    I'm curious as to why it's not been decided to have additional downtime and push a smaller incremental patch sooner? It's a major issue to not be able to use certain skills in fear of temporarily losing skill points and progress.
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
    Options
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, we have an update for you about this issue. Today we finished testing a fix, which we were able to add to our upcoming incremental patch scheduled for November 16 (this isn't something we're able to hotfix, so this is the soonest we can get it out to everyone).

As for any missing skill points, these will automatically be added back to your account during maintenance on the 16th, whether it's a single skill point or multiples. For anyone lurking in this thread that plays on console, this should not be an issue when Update 28 launches for you.

Thanks again for everyone's patience here.

Almost two weeks of waiting cuz you couldn't test things properly on 6 week pts? Yeah, tell me more about patience
    Options