Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 3, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Werewolf Ultimate reseted to base version

• Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jiigen wrote: »
    Thanks for the update Gina, looking forward to seeing this fixed.
    Today we finished testing a fix, which we were able to add to our upcoming incremental patch scheduled for November 16 (this isn't something we're able to hotfix, so this is the soonest we can get it out to everyone).
    I'm curious as to why it's not been decided to have additional downtime and push a smaller incremental patch sooner? It's a major issue to not be able to use certain skills in fear of temporarily losing skill points and progress.

One word: Stadia
    Options
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for the update.

While not ideal I can now log in to two of my characters to do normal adventuring and writs, since even if I lose them the points should come back eventually.
    Edited by Fennwitty on November 6, 2020 1:23PM
    PC NA
    Options
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, we have an update for you about this issue. Today we finished testing a fix, which we were able to add to our upcoming incremental patch scheduled for November 16 (this isn't something we're able to hotfix, so this is the soonest we can get it out to everyone).

As for any missing skill points, these will automatically be added back to your account during maintenance on the 16th, whether it's a single skill point or multiples. For anyone lurking in this thread that plays on console, this should not be an issue when Update 28 launches for you.

Thanks again for everyone's patience here.

That a relief. My characters list is kinda specialized as Werewolf. SIX of my nine toons are WW. And this situation created a serious setback to my main toons. Hope ZoS fix it for good asap.
    Options
  • Koramik
    Koramik
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Please stop dragging your feet and push this through. It is a major issue for characters built around the skill. 3 weeks down IS rather hash.

Cheers!
    Options
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's too long, and these game breaking bugs need to be fixed before going live! How is this still happening this many years later, do better.
    Options
  • wullger
    wullger
    Soul Shriven
    Not like any of us play werewolf builds that depend on that ultimate morph or anything. Good ol "Gotta make the date!" development mindset. Screw the release cycle, drop in an out of band fix.
    Options
  • SpearofBitterMercy
    SpearofBitterMercy
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so agitated, I got all the way to the end of the trial using my ww build and when thru the last portal it reset my skill line.
    Options
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so agitated, I got all the way to the end of the trial using my ww build and when thru the last portal it reset my skill line.

Stop. So was it reset, became level 1 and disappeared from your weapon bar when you either tried to cast the uwerewolf ultimate or entered a portal in a trial? Or did it happen simply when you logged in and found the missing icon on the bar, so you could do nothing, e.g. to remove it from the bar in order to, say, save the skill from being reset?
    Options
  • DLow
    DLow
    Soul Shriven
    Yup, just discovered that too before reading this. Give me my 2 skillpoints back, thanks. This ***'s gotten absolutely unacceptable. We're not playing your game, it plays us. Tired of this.
    Options
  • Khaleer
    Khaleer
    ✭✭
    Had this issue month ago, support gave standard answer. Now, after some month break, ist happens again...
    Options
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stop. So was it reset, became level 1 and disappeared from your weapon bar when you either tried to cast the uwerewolf ultimate or entered a portal in a trial? Or did it happen simply when you logged in and found the missing icon on the bar, so you could do nothing, e.g. to remove it from the bar in order to, say, save the skill from being reset?

Forgot to answer my own question, since Misterbelle did not answer it and since I checked it myself back then. I logged in to my house and the werewolf ultimate skill was still present on my weapon bar. But as soon as I left the house yard, it disappeared from the weapon bar and was reset. Both the skill and it's experience progress were reset to zero. Since we know now that learning it again will not help, I did neither gain new experience on it nor spend any of the extra points to upgrade it back to the initial maximum level - just put the skill away from the weapon bar until it's fixed. The only question left is will the November the 16th patch give us everything the glitch took from us or it will just refund the two lost skill points and force us to learn the skill from the very beginning once again?
    Options
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So I have only just discovered this bug as it happened to me last night.
    I went to a new instance and my ultimate was reset to the base morph and the skill point wasn't refunded.

If you spend another skill point will that one disappear as well? and does this mean you simply can't play werewolf until the 16th?
    Options
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Forgot to answer my own question, since Misterbelle did not answer it and since I checked it myself back then. I logged in to my house and the werewolf ultimate skill was still present on my weapon bar. But as soon as I left the house yard, it disappeared from the weapon bar and was reset. Both the skill and it's experience progress were reset to zero. Since we know now that learning it again will not help, I did neither gain new experience on it nor spend any of the extra points to upgrade it back to the initial maximum level - just put the skill away from the weapon bar until it's fixed. The only question left is will the November the 16th patch give us everything the glitch took from us or it will just refund the two lost skill points and force us to learn the skill from the very beginning once again?

"Supposedly" it's supposed to be fixed where we don't have to grind the skill out again, but honestly I'm not holding my breath. At this point I'm expecting Schrödinger's Cat Bug where it's both fixed and not fixed until we discover otherwise.
    Options
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone actually think that all those skill points would be lost forever? :D I'm surprised so many people are worried about that. That was an obvious given to me. Progress doesn't seem likely to come back to those characters who have already lost it though.

But please give us this fix sooner, rather than another week and a half from now.

And I felt like sharing this, priorities:
    h2kbuabp1geo.png
    If you spend another skill point will that one disappear as well? and does this mean you simply can't play werewolf until the 16th?
    Correct, the same goes for Soul Trap. All skillpoints lost this way will be refunded on the 16th. (If all goes well of course).
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
    Options
  • Legendorian
    Legendorian
    Soul Shriven
    I dont understand how i just fight a werewolf upgrade to pack leader.....i dont understand anymore, i went and i upgrade too, and after 1 min i lost again skillpoint and morph
    Options
  • Legendorian
    Legendorian
    Soul Shriven
    I dont understand how i just fight a werewolf upgrade to pack leader.....i dont understand anymore, i went and i upgrade too, and after 1 min i lost again skillpoint and morph

I understand how, he upgrade the ult when was ready to use 😁 you still lose everything after you go back to human form
    Options
  • redsaaryn
    redsaaryn
    ✭✭
    The maintenance is over so I logged in and surprise! Still no skill points...I lost skill points to that bug and seems like they are lost forever because before the maintenance I had 0 skill points and werewolf IV ready to morph and just logged in to find same 0 skill points and werewolf IV ready to be morphed...
    Options
  • xpolilla
    xpolilla
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker

We understand that stuff always can be fixed to make gameplay better. We are willing to trade off time in the middle of a farming event, which was awesome and we really appreciated. Yes... we are willing to "lose" that time to get some of the bugs fixed. It is frustrating though that we log into game to find out stuffs are NOT fixed AND we lost event time...
    Is there any possibility we get another day of the event?
    Options
  • zergbase_ESO
    zergbase_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    xpolilla wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker

We understand that stuff always can be fixed to make gameplay better. We are willing to trade off time in the middle of a farming event, which was awesome and we really appreciated. Yes... we are willing to "lose" that time to get some of the bugs fixed. It is frustrating though that we log into game to find out stuffs are NOT fixed AND we lost event time...
    Is there any possibility we get another day of the event?

Communication ZoS. How far is the ETA for this fix? How long is it expected? Two weeks and your teams fix did not fix it. We're still at square one. Are we on another two week wait over stadia removing ability to hotfix?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Options
  • Saltum
    Saltum
    Soul Shriven
    Yep, skill points have not been refunded, the skill has not been levelled. When is the 'new' ETA on the fix?
    Options
  • SpearofBitterMercy
    SpearofBitterMercy
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you hate werewolves zenimax
    Options
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this still an issue or can i safely remorph the ultimate? How about lost skillpoint?
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
    Options
  • Kazajhan
    Kazajhan
    Tapio75 wrote: »
    Is this still an issue or can i safely remorph the ultimate? How about lost skillpoint?

I was able to remorph it and have it stick, but the skill points haven't been returned yet. There's a thread here where we've been reporting lost skill points.
    Options
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kazajhan

Thank you :)
    Options
  • DimTh
    DimTh
    ✭✭
    Hey all, we have an update for you about this issue. Today we finished testing a fix, which we were able to add to our upcoming incremental patch scheduled for November 16 (this isn't something we're able to hotfix, so this is the soonest we can get it out to everyone).

As for any missing skill points, these will automatically be added back to your account during maintenance on the 16th, whether it's a single skill point or multiples. For anyone lurking in this thread that plays on console, this should not be an issue when Update 28 launches for you.

Hi, nothing happen from all this, still missing 5-6 skills points from me, also i don't know if i am
    able to use again skill points to morph the WW and the Soul trap, i'm afraid to do it again and lose
    my skill points, maybe forever as i see...

Could we have an official answer with this case? We can use SP to morph them without problems?
    We will get back our SP or no?
    Options
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    DimTh wrote: »

Hi, nothing happen from all this, still missing 5-6 skills points from me, also i don't know if i am
    able to use again skill points to morph the WW and the Soul trap, i'm afraid to do it again and lose
    my skill points, maybe forever as i see...

Could we have an official answer with this case? We can use SP to morph them without problems?
    We will get back our SP or no?

Same here. No refunded sp for Soul Trap either
    Options
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... I currently have just one WW and only lost 1 skillpoint on that process, but that character allready has multiple unused points so i could have been confused abvout the amount.

So i cant say for sure whether i got the missing point or not.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey all, we just posted an update in this thread, which is where we plan to provide all subsequent updates. In short, we are working on rolling out a proper fix for the missing skill points, and until then, you should be able to morph any skills without them un-morphing as that fix has gone out to all platforms.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post